Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/24/2006 5:25:00 PM

I love UDPP! After finally caving into the recs from the MU Board, i purchased UDPP with high hopes, and of course it lived up to them. Before UDPP, my e/s would last not longer than 3 hrs (even when i used WNW Cafe Au Lait cream shadow as a base). Now it lasts until i wash it off. Definitely a HG!

on 11/23/2006 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about UD's Primer Potion. It's a lovely neutral color, just blend a tiny bit onto each eyelid and wait for it to dry before applying eye shadow. Your eye makeup will stay in place and look flawless all day!

on 11/23/2006 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have almost nothing but good things to say about this product. It does was it claims, keeps shadow from creasing and makes it stay put. The only downside I found was this product dried the skin on my eye lids bad, flaking skin bad. That being said, I might have applied too much product, so I'm still giving it 5 lipsticks.

on 11/20/2006 9:49:00 PM

This is one of those products that no one should be without. UDPP is a fantastic eye base, enabling eye color to last and last. It has a creamy texture that easily applies w/o tugging on the eyelid. You only need a very small amount, which means one tube lasts about six months. It's not very expensive to begin with, but the fact that it lasts so long makes the price even more appealing. The genie bottle packaging is a bit cutesy, but I can overlook that. The impractical tube packaging (w/ sponge tip applicator) makes it difficult to really use all of the product, but it's extremely easy to remove the plastic lining and get another 1-2 months of use out of the tube. If you have any problems blending eyeshadow on top of UDPP, just swipe some face powder over UDPP to provide a blending platform for your eyecolors.

I did have some problems w/ color not appearing as vibrant as I would have liked, but I've since started using MAC Paints or similar cream eyeshadows over UDPP to bring out the vibrancy of my eyeshadows.

on 11/20/2006 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The Good News: This does exactly what it says it does. One of the very very few products that lives up to every claim it makes. Yes, your color will look brighter! Yes, it will keep your color from fading! And, Yes, your eye shadow WILL NOT CREASE. I was totally freakin' amazed with this product. My eyes lids are oily (or they were, but we'll get to that later) and this stuff made my eye shadow stay put all day and look just as good at the end of the day as the beginning when I first put it on. The consistency is creamy, goes on nice, and I personally didn't have a problem blending my shadow.

So...why the 3 rating and not a 5?

The *Very* Bad News: My eyelids went from being very oily to DRY...and I mean dry. They're cracking, they're wrinkly (from the severe dryness) and they're flaking. I've never had dry skin in my entire life and it's making me crazy. I've spent the last week covering my lids in Emu Oil, and Hyaluronic cream to get them soft and smooth again. They're finally returning to normal. Another week of extreme moisturizing and they should be fine. I should have seen it coming really. A product that makes your eyeshadow stick like glue...how good can it be for my lids?!? Even my mom, who has super oily lids was amazed at how well it worked, and bought some herself, became a little scared when she saw just how well it worked. Those with oilier skin have fewer lines and wrinkles because their skin is always moisturized (I guess it's a blessing and a curse) and since she's made it to almost 50 without any lines on her eyes she became concerned that having no oil on them may not be so good.

I had been using it everyday (everytime I wore eyeshadow) for maybe 2-3 months before I noticed the skin becoming really dry. It's such a pity too, because this stuff REALLY works. I'm still going to use it (after my eyelids get back to normal) but ONLY on special occasions, which is also the only time I wear liquid foundation. This shouldn't be too bad for them I think...I just can't glue my eyeshadow to my eyelids everyday.

on 11/19/2006 3:07:00 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to the raves: this stuff rocks!!! No more eye shadow fading with this underneath!! I'm so happy that even the most finely miled e/s, which didn't last more than one hour on my dry lids, now are perfect all day long! The only downside is the strangely shaped packaging: a lot of product goes lost, but I must admit that a little goes a long way, I just need one wand coat for both eyes. A tip I got from a sweet Muaer: when it gets thick, add just a drop of saline solution.

on 11/19/2006 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I totally disagree with the reviewer below re not being able to blend and uneven application. Just make sure to use your finger to spread evenly across the whole upper eye area (lash line to brow bone), and this shouldn't happen. If you just use the wand without blending with a finger, you might have an experience similar to the reviewer below. This primer really "grabs" shadow, in a good way. Now I can use lighter colors, but they still show up, and I can actually use multiple colors to contour and shade and it SHOWS the way it should. Maqic in a bottle.

on 11/19/2006 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really liking this product. I have SUPER oily lids if and if I don't use this, I don't have any shadow left by lunchtime.(unless you count my crease!) I think it dries my lids just slightly and I am still hoping I will find a better formulation out there so I reserved one lippie. Will buy again until that HG comes along.

on 11/16/2006 2:06:00 PM

I was so excited to get this and was AMAZED by the results!! I had beautifully colored, oil and crease free lids, even with the cheapest shadows!

The bad news - after two days of wearing it, I woke up on the third day with itchy hives and swollen eyelids. :-( I don't really have sensitive skin, so I'm not sure what it is in this product that I can't tolerate. I am BUMMED because I've never experienced anything like it.

on 11/16/2006 11:58:00 AM

16 hours!!! and it was still going strong! I only took it off cos i had to sleep! Superb product! I cant imagine i used to wear eye shadow without it!! My oily eyelids finally show some colors now! No creasing! Intense color! The only issue is that it comes in an opaque tube and u dunno whats coming out of it, is it too much? is it too less? I wish they would have it in a jar instead. So much easier. I have small eyelids and i really dont need much and i usually get too much on the wand. Oh and i dont like th wand! i prefer make up brushes. so much easier! But i am definitly buying this product. Its a killer product! beats MAC anyday!

Video Reviews & Tutorials