Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Just thought I'd add to the general consensis and review this...I couldn't be happier with this wonderful product. Pretty much all eyeshadows crease on me, it's only a matter of how soon, as I have very oily eyelids. This product is sheer and colorless, and all I need is a little dot on each lid, smooth it around, wait a bit before applying eyeshadow, and it keeps my eyeshadow & eyeliner beautiful fresh and smooth all day. I couldn't imagine anything working better. $15 and comes in a great big tube with a doe's foot-style applicator. Definitely a bargain for what you get. HG material. I will purchase again and again and again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, a decent primer. I've never used another eye primer before (I tried benefit FYEye but it was orange so I wiped it off and returned it) so this is the only experience I have, and I don't have anything to compare it to.

I can't stand the packaging. The wand makes it difficult to get all the product out once you're nearing the end. And the genie-lamp-like packaging is just silly, taking up too much space in my makeup bag.

As for the product inside: This definitely does it's job. I love to wear MAC e/s and they ALWAYS crease on me but this definitely keeps them on longer and prevents the creasing.

I'd buy this again for the reasonable price and because I know it works.

This is something I never thought I really needed, but once tried it is now something I will never be without - absolutely brilliant.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

really does do what it claims. I found my eyeshadow with much more pigment pay off and it lasted forever. However, I'm kinda bummed because it only worked for my base color and did not work on the colors I put on top of my base. At the end of the day, I saw the base color clearly, but none of the second color. I guess that's to be expected since the product doesn't come in direct contact with the second color of eye shadow. However, I still love this product and will buy again.

This stuff is pretty good, but not great. I guess my lids are just horribly greasy... but at least this stuff helps a little. :) Now if I am going out for like 4,5 hours I don't have to worry the lovely colors I put on turned into greasy looking nasty stuff. But for anytime longer than that I still need to touch up and fix them.

I would have never tried this product had I not gotten a sample from Sephora. This is a great product that really holds your shadow on. It is especially good if you are layering different shades and want them to not fade into each other. It helps your eye makeup last all day. Will get a full size of this. Great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't often wear eyeshadow, but when I do, I want it to last. This primer potion allows that to happen. I put my makeup in the morning, but in the evening before taking off all my makeup, you could still see the eye makeup and not in a bad way. I am highly impressed and would purchase again.

I can't believe I've never reviewed this HG, desert island, can't-live-without product! I have been using UDPP for two years, and it is the first step in my makeup routine. The cute purple packaging contains the silkiest, lighteset invisible cream that performs crease proof miracles! I lightly blend the potion all over my lid and underneath the lashline (when applying liner to the lower region.) I let it dry for several seconds and apply eyeshadow. Voila! Nothing budges for at least 12 hours, remaining fresh all day. The price is good considering it works, lasts forever, and keeps the lids smooth. This is an absolute makeup bag essential!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this and have used it about 3 times.. I just don't get it.. I guess because I normally do not have creasing issues I just don't see what it is supposed to do? My eyeshadows stay on just fine w/o it, all day long. I bought it thinking it would enhance something for me but it really doesn't. Maybe in the summer when its hot and I am sweaty I might find use but right now its just another step that I don't need.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been using a sample of this product for about a week. Yesterday, I took an hour nap and woke up with my eye shadow still looking perfect, no fading, no creasing. A million lippies.

Video Reviews & Tutorials