Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/22/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makes all the difference in the world for me. I have oily lids, and no e/s lasts on me for more than 4-5 hours. With UDPP, everything lasts until I take it off myself - cream/powder e/s, eyeliner, everything.
I'm not crazy about the applicator, I wish it came in a tube, but it's OK, considering the performance.
Just a side note - in my case, it makes e/s and e/l application a bit more difficult, and if I make a mistake it's really hard to fix, I have to use make-up remover and start all over. But it's so worth it!

on 12/21/2006 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty good stuff. I got a sample from Sephora and have been very impressed. It goes on pretty easily--my one complaint is that just using the sponge brush does not blend it enough, I also have to rub it in a bit with my finger. But my eyeshadow does stay in place which is really the most important thing.

on 12/21/2006 4:36:00 PM

i love this stuff. i finally found something that works my eyeshadow actually stays on all day, and stays just as bright as when i first put it on in the morning.

on 12/21/2006 9:57:00 AM

I got this product after I checked the most popular products and found this rated really high. I love it! I put a couple of dabs on my eyelid and blend in. Then I use Bare Esentuals "well rested" over the top. My eyeliner and eyeshadow stays the entire day and doesn't fade. The first day I used it my daughter asked at around 9pm if I had reapplied my eyeliner and shadow recently, and I hadn't touched it since I put it on at 7:30am!! The packaging makes it difficult to get every bit of the product out but I can see this lasting a good amount of time. I really love it!!

on 12/18/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This primer is incredible! Goes on smooth keeps eye shadow and liners in place all day. No fade for many hours. Liner stays stuck even after using rewetting drops! This is a great product.

Okay, I don't think UDPP lives up to its reputation quite as much as everyone raves about, but it's decent. I haven't had problems with creasing, but the fading is annoying. It's better than other bases I've tried but I wouldn't call it a miracle product.

DO believe the hype,this stuff is amazing, it even makes Wet n Wild eyeshadows stay put for an entire day! Before trying this product, any eyeshadow I wore would wind up traveling and bunching up in my crease but UDPP prevents such slipage. I will admit, I have noticed a teeny,tiny amount of shadow in my crease but it is negligeble. My lids are fairly oily but a little of this product goes a long way despite of that (which somewhat makes up for the price tag).

on 12/14/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have ridiculously oily lids and have tried several primer potions to help my eyeshadow stay in place - I bought this after reading the reviews on this site - this thing works GREAT. It stayed on all day and my eyeshadow did not crease - superb. I even wore it to the gym (forgot that I had make up on) and after my work out, my eyeshadow still stayed on. Love this primer potion - def. worth the price.

on 12/12/2006 9:57:00 PM

I bought this because I was out of my HG primer (Too Faced First Base) and I was at Sephora so I thought I'd see what the hype was about. Yeah, it does help your shadow to stay but it's nothing my old primers didn't do. I actually like my HG primer better because it's a bit creamy and doesn't feel so dry (I think it's the silicone). I suppose if you have super oily eyelids you can handle it being dryer, but I personally have normal eyelids so that's not an issue. Plus the little bit of creamy-ness makes it blend better. Same with my back-up primer, Aveda's Eye Accent in Acacia. In fact my Aveda is what I use on my bridal clients and all I hear is how they're shadow didn't budge through tears, etc. So I give it a 3 for working but not being anything special or unique.

on 12/12/2006 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is my HG eye shadow primer. I have very oily skin and this is the only thing that keeps my shadow for creasing and disappearing. A little primer goes a long way.
The only con about this product is be sure it is dry before applying eye shadow. Not a big deal, but I learned the hard way. :-)
Buy this, I know you will LOVE it as much as I do!

Video Reviews & Tutorials