December 22, 2014 | 1497 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Holrk

All I can say is - believe all the hype. I had never heard of this before MUA, and would always be disgusted by how awful both my cream and powder shadows looked by the end of the day. The first time I used this, I used it with the Stila Eye pot cream shadow, and it looked the same 12 hours after applying it. I am very impressed, and will recommend this to everyone I know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have NO IDEA where I was when the train pulled out of the station for this magnificent product!!! But I am so on board now! All the good stuff you have read about this is true. It does EXACTLY what is says it will do. I have the oiliest eyelids on the planet. This put a stop to that. KAPOW!!! Greasy creasy eyelids GONE. I did the true test today with my NARS cream shadows...you know the ones I am talking about. They stayed put. I was shocked. Usually they melt off my eyes by lunch time or crease in the most unattractive way.

I have dark skin (NW45/NC50) and I know some people worry that this will show up on your eyelids as whitish. It doesn't. The trick is to dab a little on the back of your hand and then apply it to each eyelid with your ring finger. This also means you keep your wand nice and clean. It dries quickly and is not sticky. I only apply a very small amount and have no trouble blending my e/s with this on. My colours remain vibrant and beautiful all day. This is truly one of the best products I have ever purchased.

Ingredients are:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by PBnShelley52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product! Like the previous reviewer, I was hooked on using the MAC paints like "untitled" and "bare canvas". I decided to try Urban Decay's Primer Potion for loose shimmer eye shadows, because it seemed like even the MAC paints couldn't hold those on. I was in awe! After 12 hours, not a single crease on my very oily eyelids. The trick is to put the Primer Potion on your lid and pack the shadow on while it's wet. I recommend one eye at a time since it dries kind of quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by crazee1

I read the reviews here and just had to try this product. I had been using Mac's Bare Canvas as my eye makeup base but....I think I am hooked on this stuff. It makes my eyes feel really smooth and seems to adhere any eye makeup I have. Even my cheap eye makeup (Wet N Wild) to my more expensive shadows (Mac) seem to stay put for a very long time. I even use it when I am not wearing eye shadow just to smooth out my eye lids. Highly recommended. I am going back to Ulta this week with my coupon to purchase an extra to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the rave reveiws my mother and I both bought this at Sephora. I really had to talk her into it. The great reveiws are right on! My 60 year old mom is on the hot golf course all day and this really keeps her shadow on! She loves it and so do I. GREAT STUFF! We are impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by reneek74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow-- definitely believe the hype!!!! This product is AMAZING and I will NEVER be without it-- ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by CMorneau1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff...at 9pm my eyeshadows look the same as when I applied at 7am. There really is a lot of product in the bottle (take the plastic ring out when you are getting low). You only need a little bit, too. Put a dab on your finger and do both eyelids with it. Keeps your eyelids from feeling dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG eye primer. my eye makeup does not last nor does it show it's truest color w/out this baby. expensive for me but if it's going to make all my eyeshadows show more and last all day then it's all worth the $15+ i paid for it. it even makes my CHEAP 'drugstore' no pigment eyeshadows show up and last. hope they never discontinue this or at least i hope i find a cheaper version that works exactly like this. anyone find that cheaper version please do message me cuz i'd love to know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by verybridgetjones

This product is amazing. Absolute Holy Grail material, I can't even imagine applying eye shadow without it! There's not much to say about this that hasn't been said already, but if for some reason you have not tried this product yet, sign off your computer and go get this immediately!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by txdebra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. When I use it, my eye makeup (shadow, liner, pigment) stays on beautifully. The only negative is that it does make blending a little more difficult, but it is still possible, and it's well worth the effort for the nice lasting results you get with this product.