Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/13/2007 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried lots of shadow primers. This is the best by far.

on 2/12/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I really like this primer! I usually have a hard time getting eye makeup to stay on. Partly because I rub my eyes... With this, my eyeshadow is on all day. It even stays on through my workouts. My only complaint would be the fact that my shadow doesn't always go on as smoothly as without. I will continue to work with it and I am sure I will be able to solve this problem. Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone that has a problem with keeping eye makeup on.
Update: I have figured out how to make my eyeshadow go on smoother. I put the primer on and then I put my foundation on over it. They eyeshadow goes on much smoother now and it still has the staying power.

on 2/12/2007 4:17:00 PM

This is the first eye primer I've used and bought. So I can't really compare it to anything else. It does what it's supposed to do. Almost too well. My only complaint is that my eye shadow doesn't glide on easily. If I don't have the primer evened out enough my shadow will clump where the primer is the most. Other than that the shadow stays on all day/night long.

on 2/12/2007 3:53:00 AM

hell yes. where has this product been all my life? i have the most oily eyelids known to man and i reviewed this product here (before becoming a member) and thought to myself, "whatever, this only works for others i know it wont work for me." but I decided to buy it on a whim and im so glad I did. I honestly would die without this product. to be honest, one night i fell asleep with my makeup on and when i woke up, my eyeshadow was perfect still from the night before when i was dancing and sweating at the club. omg, how can one product be so amazing? i cant rave enough about this. i do hate the packaging though. i wish they made it in solid form so you could just brush or run some on with your fingertip. as the member below posted, i am going to take out the little screw part and get all the product out. the packaging is cute to look at but its true you cant get all the product out. either way, its not gonna stop me from buying this.

on 2/10/2007 10:43:00 PM

Ooh now theres not much more I can add to the raves for this product except I really notice a difference with fading/creasing eyeshadow if I don't use it.

But I just realised today, as I was about to throw mine away, that if you take the top away (white screw section) with some pliers, there is SO MUCH PRODUCT stick in the bottom and the curvy part of the tube. I scooped mine out and it filled my empty 8ml jar to the brim...so DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE TOP OFF AND USE ALL THE PRODUCT! :)

Urban Decay Primer Potion is a godsend! I have EXTREMELY oily lids and my eyeshadow used to crease after 3-4 hours of application or even sooner depending on the weather. However, I have started using UDPP and I have used it for about 2 weeks and I am so happy!!!! :D My eyeshadow lasts all day! Today, I have been wearing it since 12:00 in the afternoon and it is 10 at night now. Ten hours gone by and my eyeshadow looks untouched, crease-free, and as fresh as ever. Thank you Urban Decay for this amazing product!! I definitely recommend this to every oily-lid, creasing e/s person alive!

on 2/8/2007 10:37:00 PM

I really like this product. Makes my eyeshadow stay on and really pop!!

on 2/6/2007 9:01:00 PM

This stuff is great. No question. Packaging could use some work but the product is worth it. UDPP is so good, I turned my best friend onto it and she's already on her 2nd tube and she's not even a m/u junkie like me :) Nuff said!

on 2/6/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is the bomb! I've tried other products - MAC paint in Canvas (makes eyeshadow last, but it doesn't make my powedered shadow want to "stick" to the lid, if that makes sense). I've also used Lemon Aid by Benefit, which is ok for making shadow "stick" to my lid, but then my eyeshadow would crease mid-day.
This product does both for me. It goes on smooth and dries clear. My e/s sticks to my lid and it lasts all day. Perfect!

on 2/5/2007 6:44:00 PM

I used to have a hard time getting shadows to show up and stick on my lids. Not anymore! UDPP does a wonderful job of making any shadow I use show up on my eyelid, and it actually looks like the color it does in the pan, not a lighter, sheer version. It also helps my eyeshadow to last through my loooong day of substitute teaching and night class. My only gripes are that it does make shadow hard to blend, and it's kind of hard to get the last bit out of the tube.

Video Reviews & Tutorials