Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I absolutely loved this primer.. it is fantastic for using with mac pigments as the primer really grabs the colour and powder. It lasted through a horrible cold rainy Scottish day and thats really saying something. I adore the packaging too.. it reminds me of a geanie in a lamp... TRULY MAGIC xx

on 1/28/2007 6:33:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely amazing!!!! For as long as I can remember I have always had problems with my shadow creasing. I have tried everything to get the makeup to stay. Nothing worked. I applied some in the middle of my eye with the wand and then smeared it with my finger. AMAZING!! Makeup lasted all day and through a shower!!!!

How could I live without with little bottle of magic? I never wear eyeshadow without this. It would be a sin.

I waited awhile to review this one because I had mixed feelings at first. This stuff is... weird. It's a little sticky until I put powder over it, sometimes it creases, sometimes it even stings my sensitive skin. BUT
I fell asleep with my makeup on last night, and this underneath
and woke up running late for work but didn't need to do my eyemakeup because it was PERFECT. Not a freaking smudge, nothing out of place, NADA.
I am sold.

on 1/28/2007 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this 3 times and will continue to do so. This is pretty much the best primer for super oily lids. All my shadows stay on all day and they'll live through a hangover. Hah, even my super cheap dollar store shadows can last as long as my NARS shadows. My only problem with this is the packaging. While it is cute, it's not very practical. I hate not knowing how much is left, but now I know how to gauge it by the amount that comes out of the wand, having purchased this numerous times. Still, they need to make a clear bottle of this. The price is decent enough, and I stock up when they're available at my local Sephora. So go get 'em, ladies!

Works AMAZINGLY.
Just smear a bit on your lid using your finger and apply eyeshadow.
If you're planning on smudging your shadow do it right away, before it dries.
It keeps my makeup looking great for HOURS! I love this stuff.

on 1/25/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is only the second product that I've reviewed because it's only the second product that I've found that is AMAZING. If I had all the money back for all the eyeshadow brands that I've tried - hunting for the 'perfect eyeshadow' that didn't crease and lasted all day, I'd be a rich woman. With UDPP you can make even the cheapest of eyeshadows look amazing and last all day. Not a single crease! Couple of tips: A little goes a LONG way - don't put on to much! I use a Taklon Brush to smooth it over the eyelid, wait a few seconds and brush on a loose base powder (even a foundation or regular powder is fine) and then apply my eyeshadow. It blends perfectly and looks great. This will be a staple product for me for a LONG time!

on 1/25/2007 9:47:00 PM

This is one of the best eye primer i have bought yet!!..since i have really oily lids, the eyeshadows tend to crease throughout the day...i tried so many products for mac but they still give me creases on my eyes at the end of the day..but UDPP will last all day, especially because i usually have 10 hour days w/my makeup on...you must try it if your looking for a really good eye primer!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

UDPP is definitely a staple item in my make-up kit. I've got fairly oily lids & a night out usually saw me having to reapply eyemake-up several times and the amount of stuff I had to carry around with me was getting ridiculous.
Since I started using this I've not experienced creasing. Plus it doesn't make my eyes water like MAC's Bare Canvas.
I find it's hard to blend my shadow if I apply it straight over the top so I use a neutral shadow (MAC's Orb is perfect) and then my coloured shadows and it blends like a dream.
I always make sure I have a back-up tube since I can never tell exactly how much is left but that's my only real complaint about this wonder product. Couldn't live without this product.
UPDATE: I've since realised how much of this stuff I've been throwing away. I popped out the little plastic tube in the neck & there's still loads left inside. Haven't even had to touch my back-up bottle yet.
Also, it can be difficult to blend your shadows (MAC's mattes in particular) if used straight on top of UDPP. A little bit of MAC paint, I use bare canvas, not only makes blending easier but makes the colours pop more too. A neutral shadow over the UDPP and then your chosen colours also works to make blending less of a chore.
EDIT; 17/02/2010 - The new primer in Eden is so much better for me than this version. I find it to be less drying & it doesn't cause me any irritation (this does). It's a great primer for oily lids that don't have a tendency to be sensitive but that's where it falls down for me.

on 1/25/2007 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Silly packaging, I hate you, I think I just threw out my brand new UDPP!!

I can only explain how much I love this like this (aside from the 5 stars): One morning I made myself the prettiest eyeshadow combo in awhile and felt gorgeous (UDPP underneath). In the late afternoon, my boyfriend decided we should go work out but I didn't have the time (or heart) to take it off. After 1.5 hrs of working out during which I ran most of the time, I ran into the bathroom to check for migrating eyeshadow and to my surprise I still looked perfect. Even my boyfriend was surprised. Everytime I tell this story I get a "why were you wearing makeup to the gym anyway?" Well, I don't care now, because apparently the only thing this doesn't hold up to is swimming.

The one annoying thing about this is the stickiness. Sometimes I like to use Benefit's High Brow and that over this is just impossible because it gets all flakey. And, since I have double-lidded Asian eyes, I have to wait 20-30 seconds before I can open my eyes, otherwise it will crease. I will repurchase and have at least four times. Sigh?

Video Reviews & Tutorials