Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is by far the best eyeshadow primer I have come across. It keeps shadow fresh-looking and in place for hours, and makes eyeshadow application/blending a dream! I've tried others (MAC prep n' prime, which made my e/s fade within 2hrs; MAC paint in Bare Canvas and Shadestick in Beige-ing work well at prolonging wear, but doesn't give you that smooth base for an even application; I've also tried Merle Norman, which is excellent at prolonging e/s wear and provided that smooth base, but I found that it made my e/s very difficult to blend). And as mentioned below, a small amount goes a long way. My quest for the perfect shadow primer ends here. I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yes, this is wonderful. I had been using MAC paint in Architecture, and it is fine if I'm using brown/dark e/s shades, but it would intefere with the lighter shades. As with MAC's paint, you only need a small amount, but the primer potion dries almost clear, and therefore it doesn't alter whatever shades I wear together. Being that a little goes a long way, I'll probably have this a while but will definitely purchase again when needed.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

There are not enough great things to say about this. I was a bit skeptical, never having used an eye primer before...but after reading the rave reviews about this product on here, I decided to buy a sample size on Ebay. Completely astounded! I used to dampen my MAC pigments to get them to glide on intensely...a very messy operation & quite wasteful. I applied this (glides on like a dream) & when I went to put on my pigments...the application was better than when I applied the pigments wet! I'm going to buy a full size bottle as soon as I get the chance. If you want intensity, staying power, & pure awesomeness in a bottle - GET THIS!!!

My HG of eyeshadow primers! Love how it goes on transparently. Eyeshadow colors look better and stay put all day. WOW WOW WOW!!! I didn't realize there was an e/s primer this good.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only eyeshadow base that has worked on my super oil lids. Keeps the product on all day without creasing. The sponge tip applicator is fabulous. My only complaint is with the package. You can't see how much is left and you have to do a lot of scraping as you get towards the end. I suspect there is a lot of prodcut that goes to waste.

__________________

Edit - 05/17/11

After discovering how much product was wasted due to the packaging I switched to Lumene Eye Shadow Base. IT works just as well and costs quite a bit less.

Love the packaging - quirky and original. Love the product - does what it promises to do. Now whenever I forget to use this genius product I can really see the difference, worth the money. Thanks to reading the reviews for this product I decided to try this - I would never have found out about it otherwise.

After eyeing this product for AGES, I bit the bullet and picked it up at Ulta for about $15. I'm now on my 2nd day and so far, so good. I have the most oily eyelids ever and if I'm shelling out $14+ for eyeshadows at MAC, then I want my eye makeup to stay on all day and all night. The real test will come tonight when I'm going to a party!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow! first day using it (thanks to the wonderful MUAers' advice!) I mean, where have I been living that I didn't know about this product? I can't belive I had actually stopped using MANY of my eyeshadows because they'd crease SOOO badly after like 1 hour on. Problem solved! I tried it today with the shadow that (on me) creases the most and the fastest (clinique eye tints) and voila! 10 hrs later is still like I just put it on! I need to keep testing with my other eyeshadows (specially Neutrogena eye tint which is very crease-prone) but I'll update in the unlikely event that anything changes (which I highly doubt). VERY effective product for oily lids. Only a little bit required and colours look more vibrant and stay put all day, no more gross creasage! yay! Thanks UD!

I LOVE this product! The funny thing is, I didn't even know I needed it until after I used it! What a difference! My shadow shows up 100X better, is easier to apply, and wears all day with no creasing! I went from not thinking I would need it to washing my shadow off an reapplying if I forget to put it on first! Everyone who wears shadow must have a bottle of this. There is no need in wearing shadow if you don't, IMO. *lol*

first 2 sephora stops: UDPP sold out.
finally one was there!!!
i was so syched. decrease by loreal sucked so bad i had to give this a try.
OMG it was like magic.
i hav like the oilist eye lids ever but this stopped from creasing
MIRACLE.