Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/5/2007 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

unfortunately for me, this has irritated my eyes EVERY time i've worn it. it most definitely makes my shadow last, but at the cost of runny irritated eyes... just not worth it.

on 1/4/2007 9:02:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This is my all time favorite beauty product in the world! It's honestly the one thing I would spend money on if I could only buy one beauty item per month. I've tried all kinds of eye primers (MAC, Benefit, Smashbox, Too Faced, etc) and nothing comes close to this. All the others claim to increase the wear of your shadows but the biggest differences with the UDPP is that you not only have your shadow last all day, it DOES NOT crease, it does not budge and intensifies the pigment in your eyeshadow (I'm talking even drugstore brands). If you ever have the chance, put a bit of this primer potion on your hand (enough so you can still see it because it is translucent) and let it dry. You'll see how much staying power it has when you try to wash it off. I use it every day and it lasts me about 4 to 5 months since you only need a bit of it. Love it!
P.S. The only person who might not love this is someone with EXTREMELY dry, flaky lids.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff ROCKS!! I've always loved UD eyeshadows,so I bought the Primer Potion for my New Years party.I have the OILIEST lids in the history of the world,and this stuff kept my eyeshadow looking as fresh as when I first applied!Lasted all night long,even the day after!Plus the cute little purple genie bottle it comes in is ADORABLE!Awesome stuff!

on 1/4/2007 7:14:00 PM

I love this primer!! My eyeshadow lasts all day (and night) without having to reapply anything. Wonderful, wonderful stuff and have (and will continue to) purchase it!

on 1/4/2007 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

If I don't use this stuff before I apply any shadow, I know to expect half my shadow to be worn off in a few hours. UDPP is awesome. Completely worth the money even if it does smell a little like cat pee to me. It goes on my eyes, it's not like I have to put it up my nose, so...

on 1/4/2007 9:18:00 AM

A good product, needs better instructions for its use than what it has on the bottle. Essentially, you take the "magic wand" out, swipe it over your eye, rub it all over with your finger, and put on your eye makeup. It will make heavily pigmented things STICK to your EYE like NOBODYS BUSINESS. Example: One layer of UDPP, one layer of UD Grafitti Deluxe Eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blahblah. Long story short, Even though I showered, I had applied the grafitti wet, and it was STILL ON after my shower. THAT is how much staying power is in this little tube. WIN. Minus one lippie for being too damned expensive for the little amount you get. It's a must have, hands down.

on 1/4/2007 12:12:00 AM

I had been wanting to try this forever, but I was waiting to finish the MAC paint I had been using as a primer. Well the UD Primer Potion is hands down in a category of its own! With the paint I still had a little creasing and fading. With the Primer Potion my shadow had never looked brighter or lasted longer. This stuff is really amazing. Friends have actually commented at how long my shadow lasts after a long day of work when I don't have to touch it up at all! The one tiny downside is that I have to try a little harder to blend my shadows together and the Primer Potion makes them adhere to the lid instantly. But it's a small price to pay for all day wear and increased color payoff.

on 1/3/2007 11:18:00 AM

Well, I officially like this better than Bare Canvas. Not only does it blend very easily and last forever, but my eyes are not allergic to it! I do have a love/hate thing with the applicator. I mean, its a pain but you can use it to keep the product sanitary if you do the following:

Use a concealor brush to wipe enough product off of the applicator for both eyes and then use the brush to apply onto eyes. Wash the brush every day so that nothing but the clean brush touches the applicator.

on 12/30/2006 4:53:00 PM

Love this stuff! My eye shadow always vanished within an hour or so, now it stays looking great all night!

on 12/30/2006 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just a quick review for a truly amazing product. This really holds your eyeshadow without budging for 12 hours. But a warning! Because it mattifies your eyes, you'll find that you'll need much less shadow!

What's great too is that you don't "feel" it on. Now if Urban Decay came out with a face primer that did the same....

Video Reviews & Tutorials