Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/20/2007 11:56:00 AM

This product is the absolute best. My eyelids are super oily and sensitive. My eyeshadow would be creased by 10am and I was totally unable to wear shadows with any kind of shimmer as I'm allergic to the mica. With this product, I put my e/s on at 7am and it's still on and looking perfect at 9pm. Now I am able to wear my shimmery shadows, too. No, the packaging isn't perfect but I have yet to find the perfect product in the perfect tube/bottle. But for $14 I'll continue to buy it. In fact, I always have an extra on hand as I can't imagine makeup life without it. Now, if they made this in a tinted shade...hhhmmmmm. Even better??

on 1/20/2007 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It works. The packaging isn't the best and I am almost positive I end up wasting the last 1/4 of the bottle due to the doe foot applicator being unable to reach the bottom. I don't even care though, because it works wonderfully. Anything I apply over it will not budge, including CCB's, Paints, Powders, Creme's, Liners and yes even mascara so be careful what you apply because it will not move! My lids are not oily to begin with, but I have allergies so I can tell you that this is waterproof!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Extended my shadow by a few hours. Now they crease instead of fading.

on 1/17/2007 5:37:00 PM

This review is my greatest makeup sob story. i used UDPP religiously since I got turned on to it (about 2 years ago). It really is a great e/s base, it does make shadows stay on all day long. Total HG material--I don't think I ever used e/s without it since I bought it. Yes, I share everyone else's gripes about the lamo tacky and wasteful packaging, but hey, if a product performs like this one, aspects such as those don't even cross my mind. The reason this little miracle gets only a 3 from me is that I've discovered this has caused a sensitizing reaction with my eyes. My eyes normally turn bloodshot at the slightest provocation, and easily itch from exposure to certain lighting, detergents, and fragrances. I blame my sensitive eye history for the enormous oversight of going practically 2 years before figuring out how allergic I am to this stuff. LOL, a little slow, you might say. I also think denial had something to do with it, because I didn't want to give this stuff up. It's amazing--it turns even crappy eyeshadows into usable, and even pretty ones! Wah. Oh well, as soon as I stopped using UDPP, my eyes felt comfortable again. Plus, I've come to face the fact that what good is e/s that stays fresh all day long, if the eyes wearing it are bright red??? To wrap it up, I certainly don't recommend this product for sensitive eyes, but if you can wear it without irritation, knock yourself out, you lucky you.

on 1/15/2007 3:24:00 PM

Again, not much new to say. This is an amazing product and my eyeshadow lasts all day long! I'll reiterate that you need to be careful when applying your mascara - if you get any on your eyelid, this stuff won't let it budge - you'll have to take it off with remover or start over again. This has become a staple in my morning routine, and I will definitely buy this again!

on 1/15/2007 1:01:00 PM

Love this! I can't add much beyond what everyone else has said, but I too have tried just about every eyeshadow primer on the market, with marginal success. My eyeshadow stayed on for up to 14 hours, no problems with this making blending harder, though if you go further up on your lid than you meant to, it can be harder to correct smudges. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 1/14/2007 10:55:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I bought it from a rec on the boards, and I am so impressed. I have very oily eyelids and all eyeshadows usually crease on me within a few hours, but with this as a primer, I can wear any eyeshadow all day long without creasing at all, I am truly impressed, and I never go a day without wearing this. Its pricy but worth it, because it lasts for so long. Thank you MUA for introducing me to this!

on 1/14/2007 3:28:00 AM

I have oily eyelids so this is really a wonderful item for me. I tried it yesterday before applying my eyeshadows. After 8hours (of sweat ant bread-baking), I can still see my eyeshadow colours nicely intact on my lids. Very good. Not problem with creases anymore! Will definately repurchase in the future.

on 1/12/2007 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was a no-go for me. *Sighs*

When it came to making my eyeshadows more "vibrant", this did nothing special. I get them vibrant from just making my brush "damp" and apply that way. When it came to blending my shadows, if I spent too much time on it, it would "ball up" some how and get all weird... hard to explain.

Within 3 hours, my colors have faded and by 6-7 hours, my eye make up looks like CRAP. And my eye lids aren't even THAT oily.

I recently purchased MAC's Bare canvas paint to use as a base and though I have yet to try it for applying eyeshadow, this makes even my KOHLS stay on longer. Guess everybody's different. :)

on 1/12/2007 10:24:00 AM

HG. This is as close to a miracle as we will ever get. OF COURSE it won't make your e/s last for 12 hours straight, but gosh I'll take the awesome 8 hour+ wear I get. All my eyeshadows look SO much more vibrant. Love.

Video Reviews & Tutorials