April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) last summer, I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:10 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. The trick being to apply a thin layer of primer and smooth it out with your finger and allow to dry before applying the shadow. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D I already have backups out the yin-yang because Sephora and Ulta can't seem to keep it in stock. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by luvmv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE. LOVE .LOVE! I have oily eyelids and this product is the only one that worked for me. My eye shadow did not fade, crease or wear off ALL DAY. I even fell asleep with my eye makeup on once and was surprised to see that the next morning my eye shadow looked as fresh as it did the day before. Just make sure you blend it past the area where you usually end your eye shadow application or else you will see a "line of demarcation." Truly an amazing product. At $14 USD, it is a great bargain (compared to the $20 USD for a teeny tiny jar of BeneFit's F.Y.Eye that doesn't work).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2006 9:22:00 AM More reviews by blairb22

Sorry to ruin the ratings, but I really don't care for this. Yes, it works, but it burned the skin off my eyelids! This completely unsafe for sensitive skin. My eyeshadow clumped and balled up and got nasty, and you have to be really careful not to get it anywhere near your eyelashes, because it's hard to get off and makes your mascara go on gross. It was totally obvious where I had applied this gross stuff under my eyeshadow despite how thinly I tried to apply it. Yet another overrated dud from MUA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

OK, So I heard about this stuff on the Bare Escentuals forum, quite a few people on there seemed to rate it, and said eyeshadow does not budge. I had my reservations, not that I doubted what anyone said but, my eyelids are very oily, so thought what the heck its worth a try, I found a place in the UK that stocks it and it arrived on Saturday, I used it in the evening when I went out and Voila! No creasing eyeshadow very impressed, I was only out for 4 hours so didn't have a huge time to test it in, anyway I wore it to work yesterday and all day nothing moved, no creases nothing, my shadow was just as I applied it in the morning, I have to say it was weird checking the mirror during the day and finding no creases, this stuff is impressive and I will not be without it now.

Kudos to Urban decay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shakeheartbreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just preface this by saying that I have the oilest eyelids in the world. Within an HOUR of putting on eyeshadow, using any base, being concealer and what have you, my eyeshadow started to crease. By the end of the day, forget it! My eyeshadow was just greasy lines of color on my eyes. I decided to take the plunge and by some Primer Potion, and let me just say, my eyeshadow didn't crease AT ALL. For 15 hours. It didn't even come off when I accidentially rubbed my eye. This stuff is amazing. Definetly the best product in my makeup drawer. And I kind of this the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ditto to all the raves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with my eye-makeup creasing after a few hours, but after spreading a tiny amount of this stuff over the crease of my lids, I don't have to worry about it at all! My eye makeup stays put for hours and at the end of the night, it still looks as fresh as when I applied it.

One thing I don't like about this product is that if I get it on my eyelashes, it makes my mascara go on clumpy. I take extra special care to not get it on my eyelashes at all so that my lashes will look as good as my lids after using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by radiant1

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this. I am thrilled with the results, only I wish I had it 10 years ago. Thank you Urban Decay for making this fine product that really works. I wonder why no other eye shadow base can even come close to this formula?

Update: This makes my eyes red and itchy. i got tiny bumps on my eyelids, too. There is some ingrediant in this that I am allergic too.

It's a wonder product for everyone else. If anyone else gets this reaction, let me know what works instead for you. I so wish this would not irritate my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It is simply the best thing ever made for oily lids! It makes my eyeshadow last all day with my, sadly, very oily eyelids. I also use UDPP on the lower lashline to make my eyeliner or eyeshadow last all day and on my eyebrows so that my brow powder lasts all day too. MAC Paints and Shade Sticks always creased or faded away on my lids within three hours or so. But not with Urban Decay Primer Potion.

The packaging I am not a big fan of since it's hard to get any product out when it is almost empty. Other than that I don't use the wand applicator to spread the product around my lid. Instead I get some product on the wand and apply it on to my lid and then I use my fingers to blend it in. The product lasts a long time. I've gone through three tubes since December 2005 and this is with everyday use.

Blending is a little difficult since it takes longer to blend eyeshadows than using MAC Paints.

Over all five lippies for UDPP because 1) it makes e/s last all day on oily lids 2) one tube lasts a long time (one tube lasted about two months for me with every day use on lids, lower lashline, and brows) 3) the price is just right.

EDIT 7/13/09: I have actually found a better e/s base. I now use MAC Paint Pots. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this b/c i used to be able to wear shadow but the last year or so my lids have become very oily, and most of my eye shadow remained in my make up case untouched even though eye make up is my fav kind to wear! thanks to these reviews i purchased a bottle at sephora.com and it finally arrived. i was a lil disappointed at the size of the bottle at first, but when i used it - a lil goes a long way and you dont need hardly any. i worked 8 hours, and then went out to applebees with the fam, and 10 hours later, my beautifully blended eye shadow still looks amazing. i love this stuff! washed off in the shower with my usual face cleanser. i can safely say, these ladies posting before me are not overzealous or psycho - they are simply speaking truth!