Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 7/17/2009 2:51:00 PM

Ok...I can't even believe this has gotten negative reviews! ANYONE who gives this a negative review has no clue HOW to use this product...This is the best foundation I've ever used. It's super light, water-based, waterproof, and looks like SKIN. I mean when you have it on, it gives you beautiful, flawless, glowing skin. I not only use this is my pro kit (FABULOUS on men), but on myself.
I used to have very bad skin and wore Revlon Colorstay..so heavy! Even when my skin started to slightly look better, i started using this (about 2 layers of it for more coverage)...the first time i wore it, EVERYONE said how great my skin looked...and to hear that when you've always suffered with bad skin? Amazing.
This will not make you break out, and it does not need to be powered. Those of you who are more oily (and I used to be) dust LIGHTLY with MUFE HD powder and you'll be set. Most people can go without powdering though.
This is a LIGHTWEIGHT/light coverage foundation. It is also buildable. If you want more than a sheer coverage, wait a minute for the first layer to dry and then add another wherever needed. You CAN build this to almost a full cover foundation. However, it should never look like a mask...but that goes for any foundation. As for the consistency, yes, when it sits it looks like beige jello. It is a water-based GEL formula. All you have to do is shake up the bottle and it turns immediately to a liquid. This can be applied with a sponge (non-porous) or foundation brush, but the BEST way to apply this is with your fingers. I've been a makeup artist for YEARS and trained by Makeup Forever artists and they'll all tell you the same thing...HOWEVER, personal preference is personal preference. Use what you want :) There is nothing better that I have found. EVER. It's an HG!!!!

on 7/10/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought I’d contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm not that impressed with this.

I tried a few different foundations in natural light on a quiet day at home and this was the one of the good matches on my NC45 complexion. It is not perfect so far I can say the best. If you don’t have perfect skin, then like me, you might like this as it is an OK match for my NC45 skin tone without out looking like you have foundation on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is absolutely my favorite foundation, both professionally and personally. I am so happy that MUFE has extended their color range for lighter shades. Previous to their new shades, I was stuck having to wear #20, which worked ok (and I'll still use in a pinch), but it ulitmately was too dark for my preference. Now I am a regular user of the #36, which is a fair pink shade that I find is perfect for me. I will also use the #38 interchangedly (its more beige fair than pink fair).

Professionally, this foundation is fantastic. I wish I could afford to have this in every shade to take along with me. This is perfect "man makeup" as it just sinks into the skin and looks just like skin. There is not one person whom I have put this one where it didn't look good. On occasion, I can not get a proper color match however. On the driest of skin types, this is fantastic due to its moisture properties and that it is water based with a bit of silicone derivative (cyclopensilaxane, to be exact). I personally do have skin issues with certain types of silicones, however, this one I am a-ok with. Being an oilier person, I am not even off put by the oil in it.

If you want something that will truly look like skin even in daylight, this is it. This will NEVER look like "foundation". Whenever I wear this, I get the most complements on my complexion.

There is not enough density of this foundation, however, to provide true full coverage. This however does make a great "base" and then if you do need more coverage in specific areas, layer and blend the HD foundation or another fuller coverage foundation of your choice.

The texture of this is sort of like an gelatanous alien goo, kind of "blob" like. I have had bottles, though, that are very watery, like runny egg whites. You will need to apply this with a foundation sponge or a very dense sponge, like the Beauty Blender. It would be impossible to apply this with fingers and in a cheap cosmetic sponge, all this would just get sucked up into it.

Many consumers are intimiated with using a foundation brush as sometimes, with certain liquid foundations, it can be difficult to get the product blended and avoid streaks on the face. But with this foundation, it pretty much almost blends itself. This is probably the EASIEST foundation to blend on the market.

I would recommend this foundation to absolutely anyone, of any ethnicity, any skin type, any age. Its of my humble opinion, you'd have to be crazy to not love it.

on 6/27/2009 5:02:00 PM

I love this foundation. I'm NC30 and have this in 32 Alabaster Beige. Pros: light coverage, feels like you have nothing on, pretty glowy finish, hasn't clogged pores or caused breakouts, coverage is buildable. Cons: Wish it had a pump dispenser, weird plasticky smell, doesn't last all day on me, kind of on the expensive side. Overall, it's a really nice light sheer foundation that I will continue to buy because it's never caused a breakout and because it looks so natural. Love it.

on 6/24/2009 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried a little of this in Sephora. Not only did it not cover anything properly but within minutes my face got greasy. I didn't buy it. could imagine the break outs I'd get if I bought it and put it all over my face.

on 6/21/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I bought this a few days ago in #32 and I am officially in love. With it on, it looks like I have no makeup on, with flawless skin. It has medium coverage and just looks completely natural. It doesn't break me out or dry me out, which I love. My skin looks amazing and I always get complimented when I'm wearing this foundation. It's a bit pricey as I'm still a student but there is loads in the bottle so I'm guessing I won't be going back to get another one anytime soon...but if I do run out I'd definitely repurchase!

on 6/19/2009 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVEEE THIS FOUNDATION.
i have horrible major acne issues
so many foundations clogged my skin BUT
this foundation does NOT brakeme out!!!!!
because the ingrediant is sylica bead..
which CANNOT not seep into your pores.
My facialist said MY SKIN LOOKED VERYVERY GOOD
However, the coverage isnt that good.
you have to go over with a concealer brush.

on 6/12/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like this product especially since it gets fairly decent ratings here. At Sephora, of course, they think it's great. When I first put this on, I used a MAC stipling brush. Coverage was ok and lasted about 3-4 hours. I next tried a foundation brush. Again, coverage was ok, lasted about 3-4 hours, but when I got home and looked at my face - wow.......huge spots of where the foundation had landed in my pores and it looked like it had streaked and/or run. My forehead was so shiny I could've read using the light.

Am returning this to Sephora.

on 6/10/2009 8:44:00 PM

I've changed my review on this after using for a month. I do love this foundation but the coverage is not enough for my skin and it does not stay on all day. I have fair skin with light freckles and I've been using my old foundation underneath for more coverage.

I even tried layering it on - and you can do this as it does not skin into lines however I still don't think it gives the perfect look I am after - and my other foundation (from a makeup academy) gives better coverage.

If you have really good skin then I think you can't go past this foundation. I tried 3 different shades and the ivory was closest to my skin colour - I wanted it to work so badly but will try the makeup forever with more coverage.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation it looks really nice on when my face is clear but if it is broken out it does not cover the cover is light.