August 20, 2014 | 2039 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mimi87

Ok I'm probably the first person to give this product a mediocre bordering negative review.

Ill start with the consistency of it. Very light gel texture that instantly melts into your skin correcting minor flaws and revitalising it for a soft dewy finish. It is light to medium coverage and is buildable. This is where it starts to go downhill. I tried the Ivory shade which I think is #20 and at first I thought it was perfect match for my light olive skin, however upon the second layer I noticed the foundation immediately began to oxidise (oxidisation occurs once it comes into contact with air) and it turned into an orange/tan colour! Oompa loompas would love this!

After a few hours of wearing it I began to notice my face started itching and small little red bumps forming. Oh my God you can NOT be serious, my skin is having a bad reaction?? The only time my skin has ever reacted to a foundation is from the drug-store ones under $AU 20. I felt like my face was stinging and I think it was most likely due to the cocktail of chemicals mixed in to maximise staying power and coverage. The light-textured feeling really did fool me but it is jam-packed with cones and other comdegenic ingredients which is why it "diminishes" pores so well, it clogs them!

On a final note (if you're still reading), if you have acne-prone, combination or sensitive skin, there is a very high chance your skin will react badly to the formulation. Also there are no olive shades, they're either pink or orange so you will need to neutralise it with the intervention of a yellow-based face-product which is so inconvenient if you don't have the time! I also recommed a sample before the full-size. Anyway my rant is over, seriously not impressed. Needless to say, I am still on the hunt for a HG foundation.

I am currently trying INNOXA satin sheen foundation and so far so good. I'll review that another time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I will admit, this product wasn't great for me back when I used to have super acne prone skin. I mean the reason why it has such a great smooth finish and is waterproof is because it's stuffed full of silicones and comedogenic material. So acne prone people beware... even though I have really good skin now this will start clogging my pores and still make me break out if I wear it for a couple weeks. I never wear a full face of foundation on a daily basis though, so because of that factor alone this is my HG foundation. It really is all the good things people say about it... unique cool gel texture, melds into your skin and even though it's not a thick coverage somehow it gives your skin a soft focus finish because any skin issues are blurred. Glowy finish (but not shiny), and keeps my skin supple while I'm wearing it. It is very waterproof and longwearing too, which is my favorite part about it. I've never found a foundation that lasts on skin so long and looks so good while doing it like this one does. Oh yeah, and primer isn't necessary. Because of all the silicones and everything that makes it wear smoothly and last long, it literally has primer built in. It was made to last by itself, and works best that way. The only reason why I would use a primer underneath is to protect my skin from pore clogging exposure. One more thing, this is really more of a tip: have the MA at sephora color match you. It doesn't sound necessary, but it's well worth it. The colors do no turn out on skin what they look like they'll be in the bottle, and the numbers don't match what you think would be logical color numbers. For example, I am NC35 and my perfect match is Shade 1. What that's not super pale? No, it's not. It's actually like right in the middle of their color range. AND it looks like it's peachy with pink undertones in the bottle but turns out to be the perfect sandy beige color on my skin. Not like it oxidizes over time or anything (I've worn it all day and night before since it wears so long and it has never oxidized on me), it turns the right color right when you put it on your skin and then looks better like a minute after it's had a chance to set. It's just another weird quirk about the formula. All the MA's who work with it know this, so really have the experts color match you and don't try to do it yourself by eyeing the color in the bottle... that could be disastrous. Expensive but worth it... I've been using it for over 3 years and I'm on my second bottle (there's a lot of product in there, so at least you're getting your money's worth).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by thefineprint3

When used with a primer (haven't tried it without yet), this foundation has HG status written all over it. It glides on so smooth! The coverage gives off a beautiful, healthy glow that lasts all day if set with a good powder. I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I first tried this on. I have been suffering from very flaky dry skin lately and although I originally loved the Mat Velvet +, it was accentuating my flaky skin. Face and Body leaves your face feeling unbelievably soft. Some reviewers below me remarked about a strange smell but I don't smell anything in my bottle or on my face. My color is #12 and my african-american skin tone is kind of a light caramel with golden undertones. I highly recommend this product to others!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tracyltrust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice SHEER foundation. Satin finish, undetectable and highly blendable....My skin has to be flawless when I use this though as it provides almost no coverage. I suppose it blurs minor uneven pigmentation, giving a more even toned look. Another plus is it doesn't settle into fine lines. The thing is if I want the coverage of a tinted moisturizer I'd prefer to have the benefit of a more moist formula and maybe an spf too. I have combo skin and get my normal amount of shine breakthrough with this so it doesn't seem to mattify or anything. One thing that is great about it is it stays put as is waterproof. I wish my other foundations that I enjoy more stayed on the way this does. Not awful but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: This is my true HG foundation - so natural looking - like real skin! But better, of course. #34 is perfect for me in summer, #32 in winter. Makes my skin look flawless, delicate, slightly dewy. And a new discovery - #44,or 18 dark nutty/golden browns, used as a bronzer.... it's so much more natural looking than powders, and is a real 'skin' color. Loving it....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by eseq

Combo skin, acne prone, NC30ish and F&B #32.

LOVE this foundation. I had tried a sample from Sephora before buying a bottle of this and hated it! I couldn't get past the weird consistency and the scent...but after constantly seeing recs for this stuff on the boards I couldn't resist. I figured out my shade (which is not an easy task since their numbering system makes no sense) and bought a full sized bottle. MUCH better than the sample. The consistency is much different than the sample I tried and I think it has something to do with being able to shake the bottle vigorously. The scent is still there but I don't even notice it anymore and it dissipates after a while anyway.

I hate that the bottle is pumpless but I'm willing to overlook that for this awesome product. I shake the bottle, cover the hole with my thumb to get some out, smear it on my face (both cheeks, little on forehead, dab on nose and chin) and then buff buff buff with a skunk brush. This evens the foundation out perfectly and I can go back and stipple extra on to any spots if I need to.

I always powder over my foundations so I can't really comment on the "dewiness" of F&B. I know people always rec this when people ask for a dewy foundation but that description usually turns me off of foundations. So don't worry if you think this is going to be overly dewy on you. Powder it!

Wow this got long, but I have to say what the best part of this foundation is. It looks SO natural!!! Really holds up well during the day and looks like skin. This is one foundation I will actually repurchase which is saying a lot. The only reason I took one lippie off is b/c if you have any flakiness this will accentuate that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Isabella07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've long been a fan of this base, probably cause I prefer a more liquid-like fondation, and this one has the gel like consistency which is great in the way it smoothes on very easily. I also like that I can use a lot or a little bit of product as I need it. With other brand foundations, I always notice that you can very easily use too much and look cakey, but not this one. It does not leave that "makeup" look on your skin, so guys can wear it too and not worry about looking like a guy who wears base on his face. It just makes your skin look as good as it can, I think it evens out skin tones, it covers a little, but if you need a good coverage, it's best you use concealer w/ it.

I use #20 ivory, I am fair, and this shade is just a tad darker than I am, but it gives me a natural looking smooth tan-like glow; and as long as I blend it well, it's not an issue of being too dark. I don't like a foundation that makes my face all pale or almost white. If you are super pale (like Kelly Osbourne or Nicole Kidman) you might want to chose another shade that's lighter.

Here's some pics on my myspace page, I am wearing this foundation :

This is the main page, you can click on pics, I'm wearing this makeup in both pics

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by glossguru

This foundation is excellent for girls that are looking for something light. The foundation goes on light yet is extremely build able. It blends in seamlessly, and provides the skin with a healthy natural glow. The consistency is slightly irregular but does a great job of going on evenly and never builds awkwardly in sections with blemishes or dry areas.
The bottle also lasts for a long time. The only bad comment I have for this product is that during the hotter, summer months it can become slightly greasy on the face and did cause a few small blemishes; however, during our current cold weather I find this foundation to be extremely pleasing providing light coverage, a healthy glow, great blend ability, and a formula that actually benefitted my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me. I got a sample from Sephora. I couldn't even tell you what color because it wasn't written down. Oh well. This is a strange gel-like consistency foundation. It was actually a little bit more coverage than I was expecting, based on what other people said. I usually like a sheer coverage for everday looks. Okay, so this foundation does not seem to be for people with my skin type: Very Oily. I applied a light layer, but it seemed to stay sticky even after I set it with powder. I had breakthrough oil very early in the day. Yeah, not a fan. Maybe if you're skin is on the drier side it would work. I gave it two lippies because it probably would work on another skin type and the coverage was nice for when I want something heavier than normal. On a side note (I didn't factor this into my ratings) the sample I got congealed into a little wiggly ball. When I tried to separate it with my brush it broke up into little balls of goo. It was disgusting. I'm sure this doesn't happen when you have a full-sized bottle and shake it every once in a while. I did not like this consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Metallichick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this, and I LOVE it! SO smooth and non-oily yet hydrating. Really smooth look all-over. Not the thickest coverage, which is ok, because like I said, it's smooth. I just use a spot concealer underneath. LOVE IT!!!! My skin feels great with it on! And it seems to last.. I use a MAC brush to apply, no qualms at all! :)