October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by emilybarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin was never super acne-prone, but every once in a while I'd get a giant, ugly zit in the middle of my face. I also had a bunch of small bumps on my forehead and blackheads around my lips, nose, and eye brows. My skin acted terribly to this product for the first month and a half. My skin wasn't used to the rigorous treatment of the brush so it made my skin extremely dry. It also caused a giant breakout on my face, but, after the breakout, I realized that this product was bringing all of the bad toxins and blackheads to the surface of my face. My skin is AMAZING now. The Clarisonic Mia didn't hide or push away the gross dirt and bacteria, it brought it to the surface and got rid of it. I no longer have those annoying bumps, blackheads, or even discoloration that I had before. My pores are almost invisible and I've gotten a lot of complements on my skin. I would totally recommend this product to EVERYONE

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really works as a gentle exfoliator on my dry, sensitive skin. I can use the very gentle Cetaphil cleanser for dry skin with this, and feel like I am getting a deep clean without tearing all the moisture from my face. It also helps my skinceuticals serum absorb better.

but BEWARE: you will probably break out the first week you use it. Push thorough and it will clear up.

All in all, totally worth the investment. I know the clarasonic website has sales from time to time (my mom got two mias, for my two sisters, for $60 on cyber monday), so look out for those.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stechi13

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was disappointed with this product, my skin did not feel any different after using it. My face felt cleaner after washing it with a washcloth compared to this $150 contraption. I have acne and some reviews said that it helped with blackheads and acne. I saw no difference. Everybody also said it felt great on their skin-It just felt like I was taking a brush and dusting it over my skin-with water dripping all over the place. I understand everybody's skin is different and I wanted to like this after all the hype. But for me, there was no difference and for the expense, its definitely not worth it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I've completely stopped using this product. No desire to whatsoever. I feel that my go-to exfoliating cleanser (Clarins - orange one?) is sufficient and I find the Mia to be intimidating... I will reiterate that this might be good if you have super coarse/thick skin with lots of oil or acne. Not for me. (Oh yeah, and I still have a broken capillary near my nose thanks to the Mia...)

Ugh... Okay. Sometimes I get carried away trying new products (and finding things "wrong" with my face) only to then realize that less is sometimes a LOT more.

I don't regret buying this because it was something I could afford (I got an additional friends/fam sephora discount, so it came to about $100). So, not much lost there.

But I have to admit... It doesn't do what I thought it would! Now, to give some background, I never had horrible acne at all (nowhere close), but I've always had blackheads on my nose (easily covered by make-up, but still) and since moving to Manhattan 3 years ago, my skin has gotten..dirtier, and I've been getting more of the odd pimple here and there (chin mostly). I also have dry skin, (and as it turns out, fragile skin, but I'll get to that in a minute).

I really, really thought this would eliminate my ever having to go for a facial and completely clear up my pores. This, it did not. Yes, I had the initial purge, and actually my skin was quite irritated after the first couple of times. (It made me realize just how sensitive and delicate my skin is. I assumed I was "normal" but I imagine that since other people are able to use this once a day (or even TWICE?!) I must not be the norm.)

So I started spacing out my usage (now about 3 times a week, max, or even less) to compensate for that. (I was getting sore and red around my mouth and chin).

One definite con: I now seem to have more clogged pores around my nose ( around the nostrils, where I've always had slight issues, but these are weird, larger clogs/whiteheads). When I scrub, it leads to broken capillaries so out of paranoia I refuse to touch that area now. I also think that the clogged pores were caused by scrubbing there for the first time, like, ever which increased oil production... I would wake in the morning and feel oil around my nose which has never happened to me, I have very dry skin. So I'm hoping if I stop scrubbing there they'll go away...

The definite neutrals: My pores elsewhere aren't any smaller, stubborn blackheads on my nose are still there, and while I'm happy the pimples from the initial purge on my chin are gone, it's not like my skin there is totally clear (again, blackheads.)

A few pros: I DO like that this makes my skin feel really, really clean afterward. It's kind of a fun beauty "gadget" and the ritual is cool, I guess.

But yeah, overall I'm unimpressed and disappointed. It may work well if you have REALLY oily skin, lots of acne and/or wear a ton of makeup (I wear concealer and bronzer but rarely foundation). I guess I shouldn't have really messed with a "good" thing because my skin is no better after using the MIA.

ALSO: really important to use this with caution. I sort of went ahead and did exactly as the instructions said, because I was so encouraged by all the glowing reviews. But ease into it if you have sensitive skin. You could break capillaries or otherwise do damage that may even be irreversible (I now have one broken capillary near my nostril thanks to MIA and no idea if it'll ever go away. Trying not to dwell on it, hah.)

And I agree with another reviewer, I needed to use it longer than a month to truly tell how it worked, and so I missed the 30 day money back guarantee deal.

Will edit this in a few months if I notice any change.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ferris1

Holy crap I love this thing!!! I've had the Mia for 24 hours and used it 3 times and each time my skin is softer, smoother and better looking each time. I have black heads on my nose and a recent breakout on my chin and hair line on my forehead. What a difference 3 uses has made! My nose blackheads are substantially smaller and disapper more and more with each use. My breakouts are exfoliating away and no new zits have surfaced. I paid $120 and use Aveeno face cream and the $120 was well worth it. I'd much rather spend the money on the Mia and buy a cheaper drugstore face cream for the results I'm seeing so fast. The replacement brush heads cost $20 and they suggest changing them every 3 months. I decided to first wash my entire face with cleanser to clean off my "first layer" of makeup(i use Cetaphyl or Spectro gel depending on where I am shopping when I need it) then I add a bit of cleanser to the Mia and let it take care of the remaining make up and oil left on my skin after the first wash. I'm hoping that by washing off the makeup first the brushes will last longer. Overall I highly recommend the Mia. It's small, fun to use, relaxing and you see immediate results. I LOVE IT!! I'm considering buying the larger Clarisonic with the body brush and giving by boyfriend the Mia for his face. He recently turned 40 and has become obsessed with not looking old :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hamdoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING PRODUCT! This is the best investment I have ever done for my skin. I had chronic acne for over a year since I had a bad habit of picking my pimples. I was feeling so hopeless since nothing was working for my skin. I decided to buy it during the VIB sale and it was sooo worth it. It heals pimples very quickly and prevents breakouts. I had whiteheads, blackheads and it cleared everything. Also it helps increase absorption of my moisturizer, toners. It there's one product you need to but, it is this one!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Background: I'm 47 with occasional breakouts and large pores on my nose and chin. For those of you who use a Sonicare toothbrush, you'll understand my review exactly. Once you start cleansing with the Mia, your face will never feel clean without it, same as brushing with the Sonicare vs a regular toothbrush.

Results: Pores on nose and chin are barely visable and my skin is soft and most importantly, clean. Its also not as oily during the day. I use it twice a day with Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser and it works like a charm (regular brush, although mine did come with a brush head for sensitive skin). I have gotten compliments on my skin glowing and its prompted three people I know to purchase one.

Price: Its well worth the money, take the plunge and forget about it. You won't regret it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by brerobinson21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received the yellow color as a gift last Christmas, and after having it for a year I figured I can write an honest review on it.

I use this daily. Daily. For a year. That is HUGE for me. I normally get sick of products within a few weeks, and I can't think of any product that has left such a lasting impact on me. I won't pretend that I bought this, used it once, and my face has been magical ever since, but I can tell you that my skin never been softer or healthier since I started using this. I still get breakouts, and I still have blackheads, but I will never stop using this. It's a thousand times better than any exfoliator I've ever used, and doesn't leave your skin red and irritated. My moisturizer goes on a thousand times better than it does when I haven't used my Clarisonic.

Yes, this is expensive. However, it makes your skin ridiculously soft and healthy. Well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for two months now and it's radically changed my skin. I bought it with the Sephora Friends and Family discount, which helped save some money but rest assured this is worth the big investment.

I've had less than perfect skin for a long time now, I got my first pimple when I was 9 and have dealt with acne ever since. Once I hit my twenties my skin calmed down a bit, but I'd still have problems with clogged pores, flaky skin, and little bumps that just wouldn't go away. I tried lots and lots of exfoliating cleansers and masks, nothing seemed to help. The Clarisonic has fixed all those problems for me, I use a gentle cleanser with it and my skin has smoothed out completely. Yes, there was an initial purge phase (I use the deep cleansing brush head), but now my skin breaks out far less and any bump I get is easy to extract or heals much quicker. My pores are refined and my skin tone is a lot more even. This product has pretty much fixed all my skin problems and I'm saving a ton of money on products by using this. Product apply better and I'm able to wear foundation and concealer, something I haven't been able to do in a very long time!

The only downside is the initial price, it is a big investment but it's worth saving up for or waiting for a sale like I did. I would however warn that anyone with active, pustular acne might want to avoid this. I could see it irritating the skin a lot. Since my acne was more comedonal and caused by uneven skin sloughing rather than bacteria it's helped clear things out wonderfully. I'm really looking forward to using this and not having to worry about my skincare routine as much as before.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by vlaxerg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I have been reading reviews on this product like it's my business. I actually have been late to the clarisonic game since I JUST found out about this product probably 2 weeks ago. (I know, where have I been?)

And I freaked out when I heard how many good things were being said about this product. I went through tons of reviews on here, sephora, ulta, youtube, and decided I had to buy it.

Ever since going to college, my picture perfect never get any acne gorgeous skin has disappeared. I blame the water quality here and probably my poor diet, but I have been devastated by the skin I have had the past 3 years! I had finally had it, I was sooo sick of getting these random pimples that took forever to go away, and I would of course pick at them, so they would turn into scabs and give me horrible scars taking months and months to heal!

I must say, I have only used this product 6 times, (I got it on Thursday, Dec 1) and I only use it at night before I go to bed. I wanted to wait at least a month until giving it a proper review, but HOLY COW I am just too excited to wait.

Like everyone else has said, after the very first time you use it, you notice your skin feels immediately softer, smoother, and you have a glow. I used it with my regular skin care wash, put my after skin care serums on, and saw a difference the day after

It has been just barely a week, so now I am deathly afraid of my skin purging (like many of the other reviews mentioned). My skin looks really good now, I am less oily, and my makeup goes on a lot smoother. I even got a compliment today on how pretty I looked haha

I am crossing my fingers my skin won't purge since I am using Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide on my face to combat anything that may come up...and I think it is working. The Clarisonic is supposed to make your creams go deeper and work better so I'm hoping this is the case! Also I am pmsing right now, usually the time i would get flare ups and problem areas would break out. Nothing yet....again crossing my fingers

One last thing, I have leftover scars that i am hoping will fade faster with this product. And I can say for certain that a fresh scar that had just begun the healing process has almost completely healed right now. I am shocked. I figured it would take the month long time to even heal a little bit, but it is so faded that I am ecstatic. There is another sorta fresh one that I will see if it heals faster too, but I have high hopes.

I will update in a few weeks but this has been amazing for my skin so far and I'm in love!!!!

UPDATE 12/12/11
Ok so it has been a few more days and I am still loving it, my skin glows, less oily!
I got my period so this is when I usually would have a lot of pimples and my skin would be annoying...however that isn't the case, I got 2 teeny teeny ones but you can seriously barely even notice, I only can since I'm the kind of person who stares at their skin in the mirror after washing their face inspecting it for 20 minutes
Also, I think the amount of products I was putting on my face is making it dry out a little, I never ever moisturize my face but i have had to the past 4 days, again my skin is probably shedding all the dead skin and getting used to the new instrument i'm using. Also I think my skin is getting dry due to the potency of the benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid since I'm convinced my products are going deeper into my skin now.

I did have some weird bumps right beneath my jaw line? I never get anything there but they were seriously nothing and went away after like, 2 days. So I'M STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS that this is the only 'purging' stuff i'll experience since I have a big christmas party at the end of this week that i need to look picture perfect for! Will update again soon!

UPDATE 12/19/11

So I still have not experienced any purging and it has been a little over 3 weeks now that I've had this. I did get some small pimples, but they went away and my scars I had had from previous pimples have definitely been fading so much faster than they normally would! I'm in love with this little gadget and cannot imagine not having it! I did get one pimple near my hairline that easily popped and is now gone after 2 days. IT WENT AWAY SOOOO MUCH FASTER than if I had not been using the MIA, I am convinced of it.

The only problem I'm having right now is dryness. I am usually so oily throughout the day, I depend on Clean and Clear Oil Wipes to get rid of my shininess and I was my face in the morning with the Philosophy Never Let Them See you Shine. But now my skin is pretty dry and flaky and I'm not sure if I just don't have a good moisturizer or what, or if it's just winter time now so my skin is drier than usual. I'm not even using my shine control serum because that is making my skin feel really tight.

A little dryness is fine for glowing, clear skin however, and I'll update again to let you know what happens!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No