NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/13/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation after hearing about it for quite some time. I was reluctant to buy it initially because I did not think too highly about NARS as a cosmetic line. I was always under the impression that MAC Cosmetics sold the best foundations because that's what everyone uses. Anyways, I bought this product just to write a review on it for a blog that I created for a class. I have to admit that for my skin type, which is oily in the T-Zone section and visible pores, it did wonders on my face. I am so amazed at how this foundation made my skin look – a very even and satiny finish. It has a semi-sheer look to it that I was initially worried about because I was afraid it would make my pores look more pronounced, but it didn’t do that at all – that’s the most amazing thing this product. It gave me a dewy look without making my pores look the size of golf balls. It did not start to run or separate until after a few hours, but what foundation doesn’t do that after a few hours? Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation to anybody. I absolutely love it and have become a NARS fan.

on 12/13/2012 11:11:00 AM

This is my HG foundation, at first I had tried the sheer matte formula, I liked the coverage, just not the texture. I decided to pick up the sheer glow foundation when I ran out of my MUFE HD, that I also love. This is better than the MUFE HD. Amazing coverage, you only need the tiniest amount to do your whole face. It's fantastic. It's a very expensive foundation, but it's the only one that I've ever tried that's given me the coverage I want and the finish I want. This foundation also lasts a very long time on my skin, I don't use a primer but I set it with either my MUFE HD powder or my MAC MSF natural. The only reason I gave it 4 stars for packaging is because of the lack of pump. I wish it either came with a pump or they sold one separately. They do on NARS' website but at 8$ for the pump and 20$ shipping it's not worth it for me.

on 12/12/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like this foundation after hearing so many good things but I was very disappointed. I have read that it is comparable to MUFE in texture but I think this looks horrible. While MUFE very much gives an airbrushed look, this just makes my skin look dull. I admit I find it passable upon application, but by the end of my working day I look like I never put on any makeup. I have tried with primer, moisturisier, BB creme and other foundations and I just think it looks like rubbish. There is nothing 'glow-like' about my skin and it caused me to break out although I have never had acne in my life. It also looks a little cakey. I want to throw it out but it was so damn expensive I feel like I have to endure it til the end.

on 12/10/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this foundation in Mont Blanc. It's very pretty and makes my skin look beautiful. Someone commented today that I looked like I had model skin! Yes, it's expensive and yes, you have to buy the pump separately but I don't mind since my skin looks flawless when I wear it. That's the key - my SKIN looks good. It doesn't look like I have makeup on. I apply with clean fingers after moisturizing. The foundation is not shimmery at all, but gives a fresh dewey look. It is between light and medium coverage and can be built up easily. If you're concerned about the price, just realize it only takes a few drops to do its magic and will last awhile. You won't be sorry! :)
EDIT: I found that this foundation ended up breaking me out a little bit :( I switched back to my Skin79 BB cream (pink lable) and my skin started to clear up within a few days. I still use it about twice a week, but take it off very well and use a toner afterword. :)

on 12/9/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Here is a foundation that has made it back and forth from my makeup stash to daily use and back to stash again. Recently, unhappy with the texture, oxidation and tint of a former "love" I pulled out SG again. I had always found the color to be exactly my desired match (Siberia) and while its runny-ness combined with lightning fast setting quality makes it a bit more challenging to apply, I'd never completely given up on it. All I know is, when I look in the mirror, even hrs. later, my foundation is still flawless, has not oxidized and looks great! Now a few caveats I have found for MY dry skin type. SG is buildable to my desired coverage but will adhere over wear time to any dry spots (the pixel effect) unless I moisturize diligently before and nightly prior. So in a sense, this is making me "up" my skincare lol (which I should be doing anyway ;D ). Also, although I can wear it beneath my eyes (sparingly), it does require a concealer; and in lieu of covering any age spots (!) with it, I prefer a true concealer to piling it on thicker in those areas. As with all foundation application, I velour puff press/roll to set after a teeny dusting of powder to set. I will in the future try NARS' Snow for this purpose after I run out of my current choice. I don't bother to warm the liquid prior to application, but am careful to shake the bottle well; for application I find that my fingers work best and it is easy to add a molecule more where fuller coverage is desired, in this way. I am a daily sunscreen wearer (prior to a silicone based primer) and have not noticed any adverse shininess; have yet to be photographed with it on, so I'm not sure about that. All in all, while not ideal, the maintenance factor is low enough for me to consider reasonable for a foundation. I'm not in love with the glass bottle, pump-less top or square cap- but for the payoff I'm getting with this product, I can and will deal.

on 12/8/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I admit when the MUA at Sephora suggested I only use my hands to apply I thought-no way lady, this isnt the foundation for my sensitive acne prone skin. But took a sample anyway to try out..I did as she suggested and applied some product on with clean fingers. I am in love with this foundation. I didn't need much and thankfuly there's still plenty of sample product left. I really, really like how it feels light weigh and gives the perfect healthy glow. I will be purchasing the full size bottle and rotating between my MUFE HD because that was my staple before trying this gem out. Nars rocks for this one!!

on 12/7/2012 2:03:00 AM

Awesome light-medium coverage foundation that looks natural. I have the color Fiji but I have tried my friends' colors in a shade lighter and darker than Fiji and they have all worked when I was in a crunch.

BUT unfortunately it has bad flashback for anyone that isn't super pale. Many youtubers comment on how great it is for photoshoots but I believe they are either fairly pale or not using harsh flashes. Any photographer can light the situation better and make the product shine...BUT for the average straight picture with a direct flash it looks awful. Keep it for daytime

on 11/20/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT!
It's matched my skin perfectly and looks awesome. It gives you a very natural coverage. It can be used alone and worn everyday :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down the best foundation I've used and I've been through a lot MAC, Chanel, Dior - you name it I've tried it! I've used it for over a year now, in the shade Deauville (Light 4) and its the perfect colour for my skin.

I usually apply a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm before I apply the sheer glow with my fingers, finally blending with a brush. Its a speedy application, very easy to blend and it lasts all day (my skin is quite dry so I don't use powder). It has a lovely radiant finish!

I love the packaging, so sophisticated! I love the matte effect, even though it does get dirty quickly, but which packaging doesn't? I'd definitely recommend buying the pump, you can lose alot of product otherwise which is, to me the only downfall but at the end of the day its only £3 or so and you can use it over and over.

on 11/19/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

lets start of with saying that my skin is achne prone and fairly oily during all seasons. I had heard amazing reviews about this foundation even on oily skin! I picked up a bottle which is fairly expensive. Loved the neat packaging it looked very classy. The screw lid meant loss of product but it didn't matter if the product inside was amazing. With high expectations I applied the foundation over my primer and set with a powder the colour was fine. throughout the day my skin because so greasy it made my oily skin 50x worse even my boyfriend & dad said I looked oily ! It even started to slide of my nose and chin ! Ewwww. I didn't give up and kept trying it out for 3 weeks, it's just awful. The coverage isn't even good either : looks great at first then HELLO AWFUL SKIN. I'm sticking to my Estée Lauder and mac foundations . Although I do adore the nars lipsticks , when it comes to this foundation I will not buy again my bottle is in the bin because it made me look crap!!! Please don't buy it's expensive and not great coverage . Other foundations out there which are wort the money

Video Reviews & Tutorials