NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 6/8/2012 4:58:00 PM

So I gave in to the hype and after 2 years of using up all the other foundations I had accumulated, I decided to give NARS sheer glow a try. Why did I wait this long? I can see now why so many sing it's praise. First off, I have combination skin, I do have hormonal breakouts but nothing major. The way I use this product is I put a bit, about the size of a dime in the back of my hand and I mix it with some MAC's strobe cream and then apply it to my face and blend with my beauty blender. It's amazing how long this lasts on me and what a coverage it has! I have been using it non-stop everyday for the past month and have not suffered breakouts at all. I live in Florida and it's blindingly hot here and humid and this foundation has lasted without melting off my face. Brilliant, found a new HG. For reference, I'm NW25 and I use NARS Barcelona. The only complaint I have is this stupid bottle, I wish it was either a squeeze bottle or you could buy the pump for it in Sephora, I was told in Sephora that this can only be bought online.

on 6/7/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I totally love this foundation! It's not my HG, but, it has a great coverage despite being so light on your face you wouldn't feel it! I am rating it 4 because it has no sheer in it... I really wanted a more glowy foundation. I tried like all the foundations out there suitable for my dry skin and this looks the best on my face. But I still need to find another one with good coverage, lightness and a good amount of sheerness.

on 6/7/2012 2:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This foundation has nothing ''glowy'' about it.I bought it because I wanted a foundation with good coverage that would give me a radiant look, while it has good coverage that's the only positive thing I can think about.It clings to every dry patches I may have so I really need to exfoliate well and moisturize like crazy.It looks kinda cakey and emphasizes my pores even when I sheer it out with my Beauty Blender.I'm combo oily and after 4 hours this foundation starts to melt down my face.It's way too expensive for what it does, plus I had to buy a pump separately which is like $8.I will not repurchase nor will I recommend because there are so many better foundations than this one out there !

on 6/6/2012 7:11:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, the finish is beautiful, the wear is excellent but it broke me out! I got a sample of this from the beauty store along with Lancome Teint Miracle and tried it out right away. It gives you that beautiful satiny, healthy skin look that I love, it wears beautifully and the color range is great. However, within a day I was breaking out! I was hoping it wasn't this foundation, and after I took a break I tried it out one more time just on my chin and the next day I had a breakout! I guess it's just proof that not everything works on everyone.

on 6/4/2012 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this as I wanted to buy into the hype that is NARS. However, for me this foundation was not that special. This foundation acts like Revlon Colorstay(normal/dry skin) on me. I can get the same kind of coverage and performance for around $9 a bottle versus $42. I was hoping for a WOW foundation and this is not it for me. It settled into pores and was dull on my skin. I'll keep looking for my HG....

on 6/3/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am on the fence about Sheer Glow. I wanted to have it because of all the RAVE reviews about it here and...everywhere. I do like it...sometimes. What I mean is, sometimes I put this on, and my skin looks amazing...it goes on sheer, looks natural, but makes my skin look healthy and luminous. Other times I apply this, and it enhances my dry patches and makes my skin look dull. Yes, DULL. I don't get it. So I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Would I buy it again? I don't know. At $60 CA., I can't see me picking this up again...the results are just too inconsistent.

on 5/25/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a rubbish foundation. After all the hype surrounding the product I thought I would try it. It is definitely not 'light' like everyone says it is. I find to be really thick and gluggy. It looks so heavy on, and emphasises dry areas and make its look super flakey (which I've never had a problem with previous foundations and I exfoliate every second day). Once I had applied this all over my face I wiped it off immediately, I would definitely rather go bare faced than wear this around.

Sticking to Chanel Vitalumerie and Giorgio Armani LSF instead!

on 5/14/2012 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE:
This is a foundation review I decided to update. Ever since I changed my skin care routine my skin has changed from being an oily wasteland to combo/normal skin. Thus, I decided to revisit foundations that I liked but didn't last on my back then greasy skin.

NARS sheer glow is one I thought I would really like after revisiting but I was surprised to say that this stuff is WAY too mattifying for me. Its a really weird type of matte though, a shiny matte.

It has this amazing capability to latch onto all your dry patches/spots. I still agree that this is one of the best undertone matches I have ever found, NARS is AMAZING for girls with golden/yellow undertones. But damn this made me look dry and dead (something I never thought I would say before).

It lasted all day on me, and didnt really get too shiny except on my chin and nose, but a long as I patted it down with some powder all would be fine. Finally, I just couldnt handle how dry and old this made me look.

Would not reccommend. Also no pump, not cool.

on 5/12/2012 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am currently on the hunt for a new foundation. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for the past year, but I've never really been completely happy with it (but I'll save that for another review). I decided this time to try something more high end. My skin is pretty much all over the place. Sometimes it's extremely dry to the point where I get flaky patches, sometimes it's pretty oily (although, I know someone with what I would describe as "very oily skin" where every part of their face feels like it's been rubbed with bacon grease, and my skin, at NO point has EVER been close to that oily). Most of the time it's somewhere in between, with dryish skin on my cheeks and some oil in my T-zone. I also LOATHE matte foundations (one of the reasons I was never truly happy with Colorstay). I feel like they just don't look right on my skin; like my face is chalky and flat, with no dimension. Anyway, I decided to go to Sephora to get some samples of medium coverage, lightweight, satin finish foundations-- sheer glow being one of them.

Pros:Nars claims that this foundation is meant to be applied with the fingers, which I whole heartedly agree. Other methods just don't achieve the same finish. Speaking of which, the finish. OMG the finish. By far, THE best finish I've ever seen. It's satin, but it doesn't have that "wet" look that a lot of satin and dewy foundations have. The finish almost reminds me of an eggshell. It's also sooo easy to apply, blends like a dream, and a very little bit goes a long way. A few fingertip-sized dots will do your whole face. Once it's on it feels so lightweight on my face. And it almost creates a soft-focus effect, blurring my dry patches, fine lines, etc, Staying power is decent for a non-long-wearing foundation, I can easily get a full workday out of this. BUT, I've discovered paired with UD All Nighter setting spray this easily lasts 12 hours. Primers do not seem to achieve the same effect, in fact primers really don't work well with this at all.

Cons: All the shades run yellow. Even the ones that are marketed by Nars as having pink undertones have more neutral undertones. I have neutral undertones and was matched to Mont Blanc. I tried Deauville which is the light shade that's SUPPOSED to be neutral, and it was waaay too yellow. It also oxidizes pretty bad on me, making it MORE yellow as the day goes on. By the end of the day my face is noticeably darker, and when I remove it with a makeup wipe, it looks like sunless tanner coming off my face. But that's pretty much my only gripe with this, and I may just try out a shade lighter to see if that would oxidize to the correct color for me.

on 5/6/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the 4th full sized department store foundation I KEPT. I buy so MANY high end foundations from chanel to MAC and ended up keeping only my favs; MAC studio fix fluid/Dior Airflash/LM Silk creme/ now THIS! i am usually NC25-30 and the shade FIJI suits me well.. gives my skin tone a nice healthy color.. BLENDS STUPENDOUSLY! FLAWLESS finish. hides it all while not being considered a FULL coverage foundation.. SO when people ask what im wearing i can just say a sheer foundation. BUT i was quite surprised of the coverage it gave cause it is a sheer glow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials