NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/13/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is another one of those fad foundations. It's SUPER extremely insanely expensive at $55. Actually it is quite good. It's smooth, blendable, great coverage. There is only one problem. What sets it apart from other foundations? I'm not sure I know. I do recommend this foundation, but its super hard to pay 55 buckaroos.

on 9/11/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this fdn for 1.5 years and used it only once, nothing special about it, just a regular liquid fdn, and for the price, its not worth it.
I have lots, I mean lots of fdn that perform much much better than this.

on 9/11/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Man, this one was hard. After months of research on color swatches and saving up money I finally went to Sephora and picked up a bottle. I LOVED this stuff. It gave me a glowing flawless face without being cakey or feeling heavy on my skin. It covered my breakouts for the most part, so I was never wearing too much makeup. Everything was going great! I really thought I had found my HG foundation, until the breakouts started.

Before using Nars Sheer Glow I would get one or two pimples around my jawline during that time of the month. A couple weeks into using this foundation, I was getting 2 or 3 new spots every night on my jawline/neck. I couldn't keep up! They never got better and they were so painful. This horrible cycle went on for a few more months until I figured out that it was this foundation causing the breakouts. After I stopped using this foundation for a week, my skin was a clearer. After two weeks, even less breakouts. I haven't used this foundation for a little over a month and I am totally clear, and back to my normal one or two spots around that time of month (although this month there was none)!

I hated to let this foundation go, it was perfect for me in every other way (color match, coverage, finish, and the way it felt on the skin), however, it was KILLING my skin. I love NARS, but I think I will have to just stick to their blushes and eyeshadows. continued >>

on 9/8/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes I feel I have been cursed with bad skin - Large pores, acne prone, and acne scar prone. So I went to Sephora and asked the lovely lady working there a good foundation that looks natural and she recommended me this one. Why I love this foundation:

1) It looks just like skin!!
2) Feels INCREDIBLY hydrating, but waterproof and oil free!
3) It doesn't LOOK like makeup at all- It looks like HEALTHY skin
4) Lots of color to choose from!
5) The coverage is AMAZING. I have bad skin but I use ONE pump and it makes ALL the difference to my skin
6) Doesn't get cakey throughout the day
7) Doesn't SETTLE into pores (A BIG problem I have with makeup)

Love!!

on 9/3/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So far (I have only been using this for a couple days) I adore this foundation. Bought it in Deauville. Nice shade selection, but I feel like they're made for warmer skin tones. Pricey, but I feel like I won't run out anytime soon. They should include a pump, but it's not a huge deal. Good coverage, if you don't have too much acne. Lasts on my skin for about 7h (I have a dryer skin type than most).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was pretty disappointed in what I got. The lady at the store told me Nars is very lightweight and would be perfect for my skin, but when I put it on, it made my entire face really oily within a matter of minutes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So This is my STORY with nars sheer Glow! 3 words..I LOVE IT!!!!! The first time I went to sephora in search of it the lady there matched me to Fiji ( the matte one) but I decided to take some testers home before purchasing it just to make sure which color suited me best!! Well turns out I was undecided because both Fiji and Santa Fe looked perfect on my skin!! I chose Santa fe just because it gives me a little more tan look and still has some slight peachy and yellow undertones unlike Fiji who is only yellow undertoned.. Santa fe is considered a medium color and it is 3 colors below Fiji which is a light!!! And both looked good on me!! So I would recommend you swatching them on your own to find your ideal color because the selection can be tricky as more than one may fit you!!
And hopefully u are not misguided by the sephora girls! Try them out yourself!! I disliked the matte one even though my skin is oily!! I don't recommend it , felt too mask thick and gross ,,,
Sheer glow is a whole different story!!!! Perfect for oily skin too.... I usually run away from anything that says to give you a "glow" but for the first time I found my perfect match!!!! This foundation will last me hours and sometimes I don't even have to touch up with powder... It gives a perfect glow that even oily skins can handle ..thank god for sheer glow..I am in love.

on 8/25/2012 6:23:00 PM

I got the sample of this in the shade Barcelona (I think) at the same time as I got Lancome's Teint in 7w, and they were a good match together. Hands down would pick Teint Idole over Nars Sheer Glow. It was an ok choice of color (I'm NC 25). Very yellow which was nice. But it was almost too yellow, bordering orange. It faded off in patches and would look uneven. Not as much coverage as Lancome did. So if anyone got the shade Barcelona, I would recommend Teint Idole in 7w.

on 8/25/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product but it just didn't work out for me.

PROS:
color is an exact match which is hard to find when you are black

CONS:
My skin is very very oily and even with setting powder applied when i got home after work i could see gap like areas (for lack of a better description), separating the foundation thus the finish no longer looked smooth. I don't get this we dermablend my regular foundation.
2. when you hug someone it rubs off really bad...its so embarrassing to see someones white shirt now brown because you hugged them... this is the biggest con for me. ( i don't get this with dermablend either)

on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I had been using the free samples from sephora all the time because this foundation is pretty pricey. But everytime I used the foundation my skin looked amazing so I finally splurged and bought it and I couldn't be happier. I don't recommend this foundation to everyone because everyone's skin is different, but if you are able to sample it I would definitely try it. It goes on very smoothly and makes my skin look glowy and even all day long. It's build able so if you need more coverage it's good for that but if you use a thinner layer it still offers coverage for uneven spots.

Video Reviews & Tutorials