BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 3/23/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have fair skin...I don't use a bronzer all over my face as I am not into the tan look. I use bronzer under my blush to make my cheeks pop. I read the reviews on Hoola and it sounded perfect....looking for a bronzer with NO shimmer since I like to add my shimmer/highlighter myself. So, I go to Ulta today (I prefer Sephora but Ulta was giving away a free gift with purchase) and looked at Hoola in person. It didn't look like anything special in the display...it was lined up with all their other colors and I thought Hoola looked drab. I bought it due to all the good reviews and figured I could return it if it didn't work out. Well, it did work out. I love it. After throwing away the lame brush that it comes with I swiped it on my cheeks (a LIGHT hand is needed with this color on fair skin)...topped it with a pinkish blush over that and High Beam on top of all that goodness. Very nice indeed.

EDIT: I do like this bronzer BUT I could understand someone with fair skin not liking it. I use it as a first layer...sort of like a contour...and use my blush over it and then add my glow..IF I were to use Hoola by itself and not do anything else, I wouldn't like it.

on 3/23/2011 2:36:00 AM

Hoola is the bronzer I always go back to. It is a wonderful, dark bronze, matte shade that compliments many skin tones. The only people I wouldn't recommend it to are those with very fair complexions, because it may be a little too dark. It is quite expensive, around $25, but it lasts forever and is high-quality. It won't make skin breakout, and it doesn't shatter and crumble like other cheap bronzers. The packaging is great, I love how it comes in a little sturdy box. The brush that it comes with isn't the best, I would recommend using a kabuki brush or something round and puffy.

on 3/21/2011 7:15:00 PM

This bronzer is actually a little dark for me, but I buy it purely for the reason that it's the only bronzer I've ever had that doesn't break in the palette! Good colour pay off, so it lasts ages, but you need a light touch. Of course all Benefit's packaging is adorable. On the pricey side, but I find it good value because you can use it all the way to the end...

on 3/20/2011 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I personally think Hoola can be beautiful on anybody! I love how it naturally bronzes, instead of crazy shimmers like other brands. This was my first benefit blush color and I loved it, and got the other colors.

It last forever so I do think it's a great buy and a must have.

I wish they would make an empty hole palette for their blushes, because I kind of don't like the box method..

on 3/17/2011 11:28:00 PM

HG colour for countouring. Matte and gives me those sculpted cheek bones I wish I had sans makeup, lol. Looks beautiful in photographs. Apply with a small angled bblush brush and really blend out then go over it with a kabuki for it to be really blended. Not a big fan of Benefit's box powder packaging, get's dirty/ugly fast.

When I first saw this I didn't think it would show up on my skin since I'm already naturally tan, but I wanted something for contouring that looked more natural than the contour I was currently using. Bought it anyway, gave it a try, and I love it! It looks so natural because it still shows up and blends well with my tan skin. It's very build-able so you can go as light or as heavy as you want, and it doesn't end up looking muddy or dirty either. It also doesn't look orange-y or reddish like I've noticed other bronzers/contours do. Very happy with this. One lippie off though because it doesn't seem to have as great a staying power as I'd like.

on 3/10/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a really great matte bronzer. the formula is smooth and never oxidizes. it's also a really brown color, and not orangey like many bronzers. I do think the packaging is cute, but it seems really impractical, especially for travel. it just takes up so much room! This is the best bronzer I have ever used.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

bought this after dropping and smashing my usual bronzer cos i couldnt afford my usual (christian dior 37 ) at the time..must say i dont really like it, it sticks to your face whether your makeu'ps dry or wet.
not a very natural colour and very powdery looking? I have benefit dandelion blusher which I really like thats why I went for hoola but I defo wont be purchasing again

Mediocre for contouring and what not.

not the best out there.

on 3/7/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have bought it about 5 or 6 times, and it's always been a go to contour shade. I have to make sure I LIGHTLY dip the brush into the product or else my skin looks dirty but its great and lasts forever.

Popular Bronzers