MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/18/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this every day as a base before my eyeshadow. Thick but easy to blend. Prevents your shadow from creasing all day! Especially useful in the summer when skin can be more moist. Love this!

on 8/18/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great base! I love how it mattifies my eyelid as well as neutralizes any redness! It also helps colors stick to the eyelid and not budge! Most used paint pot in my collection.

on 8/18/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

painterly is a very nice eyeshadow or pigment base. I LOVE how it makes my shadow POP. Though it creases even with a primer. It's not easy to blend. If it wasn't for the ability to make my shadows more vibrant, I would not repurchase.

on 8/16/2010 2:11:00 PM

I love this product. It goes on smooth and dries to a nice matte finish. Great as a base or when looking for a nude look on the eye.

on 8/13/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mmm...what can I say? I really like the color of this product and the consistency, but...it CREASES on me! Even when I apply a primer under this paintpot it creases a lot. I like the fact that it evens out my eyelid and it makes my eyes kind of 'awake' in the morning. Not shure if I would buy this product again...

on 8/13/2010 1:56:00 PM

I have never used a eyeshadow primer before and I've been thoroughly impressed over the last two weeks of usage. This color completely evens out my eyelid so there is a matte base on which to apply eyeshadow. But, the best part of it is the lack of creasing! I mean all day long! Impressive - I apply makeup at 6:15am and at 8pm, there are still no creases and my eyeshadow is still holding strong. I LOVE this product and will buy again.

on 8/10/2010 6:46:00 PM

Just too darn pink for my taste. I am NW20 and work to take the pink out of my eye socket/lid area. Why on earth would I want to add this much pink back in. Yes it evens out skin tone, but I want my lids to match the rest of my face as a starting point. If you prefer a Shroom or simple beige/skin color as a base, this is NOT for you. Bare Study is gorgeous, but way too shimmery. I guess I will try Soft Ochre next.

on 8/10/2010 1:11:00 PM

UPDATE: Ok, so I've kept trying to work with this and I think I finally have an idea on how to apply without being cakey. I have to use the smallest amount on my finger and blend in very quickly.

I really wanted this to work for me, but I don't care for the consistency of this product. I've tried applying this in a light layer with my fingers and with a couple types of brushes, but every time it comes out really cakey and makes my eyeshadow look horrible. I also noticed that it's drying out and I've only had it for maybe 2 months. I'm going to stick with UDPP or ELF mineral primer.

on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love to have a matte base and this one is perfect. I really love it more than UDPP because it has a nice creamy finish and it make for a flawless base. I have allergies and it was a lifesaver when priming my inflamed lid. I just love this one, aaand, it could also be used as an all over shadow with a medium-brown in the V. Highly recommended if you like that classy matte look. Oh, almost forgot: I really think it makes colors look better on me.

on 8/10/2010 4:40:00 AM

This is amazing, its a skin color base, and unlike primer potion, it evens out my skin tone on my eye lids, and just makes the color pop and stay without creasing all day. Loveee it

Top Rated MAC Products