Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is absolutely my favorite foundation, both professionally and personally. I am so happy that MUFE has extended their color range for lighter shades. Previous to their new shades, I was stuck having to wear #20, which worked ok (and I'll still use in a pinch), but it ulitmately was too dark for my preference. Now I am a regular user of the #36, which is a fair pink shade that I find is perfect for me. I will also use the #38 interchangedly (its more beige fair than pink fair).

Professionally, this foundation is fantastic. I wish I could afford to have this in every shade to take along with me. This is perfect "man makeup" as it just sinks into the skin and looks just like skin. There is not one person whom I have put this one where it didn't look good. On occasion, I can not get a proper color match however. On the driest of skin types, this is fantastic due to its moisture properties and that it is water based with a bit of silicone derivative (cyclopensilaxane, to be exact). I personally do have skin issues with certain types of silicones, however, this one I am a-ok with. Being an oilier person, I am not even off put by the oil in it.

If you want something that will truly look like skin even in daylight, this is it. This will NEVER look like "foundation". Whenever I wear this, I get the most complements on my complexion.

There is not enough density of this foundation, however, to provide true full coverage. This however does make a great "base" and then if you do need more coverage in specific areas, layer and blend the HD foundation or another fuller coverage foundation of your choice.

The texture of this is sort of like an gelatanous alien goo, kind of "blob" like. I have had bottles, though, that are very watery, like runny egg whites. You will need to apply this with a foundation sponge or a very dense sponge, like the Beauty Blender. It would be impossible to apply this with fingers and in a cheap cosmetic sponge, all this would just get sucked up into it.

Many consumers are intimiated with using a foundation brush as sometimes, with certain liquid foundations, it can be difficult to get the product blended and avoid streaks on the face. But with this foundation, it pretty much almost blends itself. This is probably the EASIEST foundation to blend on the market.

I would recommend this foundation to absolutely anyone, of any ethnicity, any skin type, any age. Its of my humble opinion, you'd have to be crazy to not love it.

on 6/27/2009 5:02:00 PM

I love this foundation. I'm NC30 and have this in 32 Alabaster Beige. Pros: light coverage, feels like you have nothing on, pretty glowy finish, hasn't clogged pores or caused breakouts, coverage is buildable. Cons: Wish it had a pump dispenser, weird plasticky smell, doesn't last all day on me, kind of on the expensive side. Overall, it's a really nice light sheer foundation that I will continue to buy because it's never caused a breakout and because it looks so natural. Love it.

on 6/24/2009 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried a little of this in Sephora. Not only did it not cover anything properly but within minutes my face got greasy. I didn't buy it. could imagine the break outs I'd get if I bought it and put it all over my face.

on 6/21/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I bought this a few days ago in #32 and I am officially in love. With it on, it looks like I have no makeup on, with flawless skin. It has medium coverage and just looks completely natural. It doesn't break me out or dry me out, which I love. My skin looks amazing and I always get complimented when I'm wearing this foundation. It's a bit pricey as I'm still a student but there is loads in the bottle so I'm guessing I won't be going back to get another one anytime soon...but if I do run out I'd definitely repurchase!

on 6/19/2009 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVEEE THIS FOUNDATION.
i have horrible major acne issues
so many foundations clogged my skin BUT
this foundation does NOT brakeme out!!!!!
because the ingrediant is sylica bead..
which CANNOT not seep into your pores.
My facialist said MY SKIN LOOKED VERYVERY GOOD
However, the coverage isnt that good.
you have to go over with a concealer brush.

on 6/12/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like this product especially since it gets fairly decent ratings here. At Sephora, of course, they think it's great. When I first put this on, I used a MAC stipling brush. Coverage was ok and lasted about 3-4 hours. I next tried a foundation brush. Again, coverage was ok, lasted about 3-4 hours, but when I got home and looked at my face - wow.......huge spots of where the foundation had landed in my pores and it looked like it had streaked and/or run. My forehead was so shiny I could've read using the light.

Am returning this to Sephora.

on 6/10/2009 8:44:00 PM

I've changed my review on this after using for a month. I do love this foundation but the coverage is not enough for my skin and it does not stay on all day. I have fair skin with light freckles and I've been using my old foundation underneath for more coverage.

I even tried layering it on - and you can do this as it does not skin into lines however I still don't think it gives the perfect look I am after - and my other foundation (from a makeup academy) gives better coverage.

If you have really good skin then I think you can't go past this foundation. I tried 3 different shades and the ivory was closest to my skin colour - I wanted it to work so badly but will try the makeup forever with more coverage.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation it looks really nice on when my face is clear but if it is broken out it does not cover the cover is light.

on 5/15/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin ref: as NC40 I wear 34. I have dehydrated yet very oily skin, extra large pores. Minor SD causes a great deal of redness.

Overview: F&B is awesome.

Pros: I use only one layer over my entire face. It evens out texture, discoloration, but most importantly, redness like no other foundation I've ever used (no need for green primer). It makes my pores seem smaller which is quite an amazing feat. The finish is an unbelievably believable natural skin finish. Not matte, not shimmery, but healthy skin! The shades do not have to be a perfect match for it to look like your skin due to...well I don't know. MUFE magic I guess. As for the scent... I like it. It just makes me think "classic make up" scent haha.

Cons: it does accentuate some dry spots, but that can be remedied by exfoliating. I find it to be more forgiving about dry spots than the average foundation, though. Although it can be layered endlessly and still look natural, it takes a while to fully dry. The very thin liquidy texture makes it a bit difficult to blend so I pat some over my entire face wait a few seconds then start to blend. It takes a ton of shaking to turn it from globs to liquid and if you need more from the bottle, you need to recap and shake again. It's also easy to spill too much :( I moved it to an empty bb jar that I had recently finished and and it's easier now. the numbering system to figure out your color is just wonky. Getting an SA to colormatch you or using the shadefinder on sephora helps quite a bit.
When you do find some shades that are close, apply them and wait. Once it dries you can see what the color will be

Routine: moisturizer, foundation, mac blot powder. The smoother the area of the skin, the thinner the layer since it becomes difficult to absorb. My face gets oily throughout the day so I blot.

I heart F&B so much. I've gotten no breakouts from using this. I'm thinking this is my HG liquid foundation.

continue for before/after pics (warning: gross skin ahead)

continued >>

on 5/11/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

it went from bad to great to bad again. my face looked like an oily skillet after an hour. it kind of makes you look sweaty but in a good way. #32 is too light, #34 is way to orange dark like drugstore honey beige usually looks.