August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by maxey_d

I have spent tons of money on different MMU (BE, Colorscience, Neutrogena, Jane Iredale, etc.) hoping that it'll help me. I don't have a huge problem when it comes to pimples, however, I have a lot of problems with blackheads. Make-up tends to clog up my skin very bad. MY blackheads always come back. After using LM MMU for about a month now, I noticed that my blackheads are more under control. Also, it was amazing how people were noticing my make up. The first day about 3 people came up to me at work and complimented me on how nice I look. It is a wonderful MMU. I also agree that the nice part is that it doesn't itch. Highly Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I wanted this to work, I just do not have good luck with MMU. I have tried a lot of them. This was too shiny on me. The shine was more than a glow, it was just plain shiny and it made my pores look large and oily. Did not make me itch like some others do, that I can give it but I had to returned it. I give it two lippies for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hol_eliz

For anybody who prefers powders to liquid foundations, this one is a great product! I'm personally a liquid foundation kinda girl, but I have to admit of those lazy days this product is quick easy and gives great coverage! If you're dry like me, just be sure to moisturize first or it will look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JFelt10

I love this mineral foundation! I've numerous MMU's BE, JI, Glo, I think this is the best by far. The coverage lasts all day, and I only require minimal touch ups. Definatley a re-purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 3 weeks of test driving this foundaiton, I can say that I've finally found my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! I love the concept of mineral powder foundation since I hate putting liquid goo foundation on my skin first thing in the morning. Mineral foundations are so easy and quick to buff on in the morning and take very little skill. After trying several mineral m/u brands, I was unable to find anything that didn't make my skin itchy or shiny looking within a few hours of wear. This is COMPLETELY different. It holds up throughout the day and I only have to blot a couple times with blotting tissue to keep it looking fresh. In addition, the coverage is buildable and it really does a PHENOMENAL job of covering old acne marks/dark spots. No itchiness either! I have NC35 combo skin and have found a great match in Rich Vanilla although I do wish it had a little more yellow/gold tones in it. Still, I LOVE THIS STUFF and will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by cwendt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several other mineral powder foundations ( Bare Minerals, Glo Minerals, Neutrogena, Mac and Philosophy). All of those looked greasy within 10-20 minutes; turned orange; and worst of all accentuated every pore on my face.

Laura Mercier's is completely different. This has been amazing so far. I have been using it for 8 days now and my face has looked great. It looks smooth, non-oily and there is no discoloration or porousness.

I do have to apply blot powder around 1 or 2 pm each day, but I have had to do that with every foundation I have ever worn including powder foundations such as Studio Fix.

For reference, I have a very oily complexion.

It would be nice though, if LM comes out with a pressed powder formulation in the future. I like to have something portable for those spontaneous late day touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by JoanRe101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been intrigued by mineral foundations for some time. I saw the BE infomercials and felt that I might really be missing out on something. I decided to try the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder instead of the Bare Minerals because of good past experience with Laura Mercier's liquid foundations. (Also, banner ads for the LM Mineral Powder are all over the internet.)

I had some trepidation, though, because I have dry skin and wondered if powdered foundation in any form might not be for me.

When the SA tried the Mineral Powder on me, it looked like I was wearing no foundation, and had "cleaner," more radiant skin than I actually have.

After having used the Mineral Powder for a few weeks now, I have been very pleased, enough so that my liquid foundations have fallen by the wayside. I haven't experienced any cakeyness (my pet peeve,) and it doesn't feel heavy or like I am wearing a ton of makeup. Also, I notice that my skin is baby soft these days. I have no idea if it's because of the Mineral Powder or not; but I haven't changed my skin care regine, so it's possible.

As pointed out earlier, the shade selection for the Mineral Powder is very limited at this time. (Hopefully they will be adding some shades as time goes on.) If one of the existing shades does suit you, the Mineral Powder is well worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll try not to make this sound long winded, but some background is in order and I want this to be comprehensive. I have tried so many MMUs on the market in an attempt to find one that a) matched my NC-30 skin without turning orange/yellow/pink, b) didn't make me break out, and c) didn't make me look either old or like a greaseball, d) lasted more than an hour. For mineral MMU, I've tried BE, Everyday Minerals (semi matte and Intensive), Alima, Lily Lolo, JI, Lumiere, etc. NOTHING comes close to this in terms of coverage, finish, and wearability.

Color:
I first tried Rich Vanilla, and LOVED the gorgeous color it gave me. Unfortunately it was a color that wasn't mine :) Actually, it looked really good - as though I had a nice tan, but the rest of me didn't match. So I ordered Real Sand and at first was surprised at how pale it was, but after letting it sink in for 10 minutes it matched my skin EXACTLY. Yahooo! As I get some color in the summer I will be mixing in a bit of Rich Vanilla, which is darker (browner?), not yellower or beigier. In comparison, I used W-3 in Alima (which I used to counteract ruddiness and "force" my face to match my neck), Light/Med-beige in BE, and Warm Light in EM (which never matched no matter what formula/color I tried).

Coverage:
I always liked the way BE covered, I could dot it on a blemish with my finger and it covered beautifully. This is the same.....it covers better than any other MMU I've tried, even EM's Intensive formula, which just sat on top of my skin unevenly and caked. The coverage is so good that I don't need to compensate with a much yellower color (Alima W-3) to find a happy medium. It rocks as a concealer - I dot it on a blemish and it matches/covers beautifully.

Finish:
Beautiful, soft, flawless, satiny, even slightly dewy. Not overly dry or powdery (JI, Alima sometimes). It's almost as if it turns into liquid after a few minutes. Very nice subtle glow, similar to EM's semi-matte, but it actually stays on.

Wear: Out of habit, I had succumbed to touching up my MMU practically everytime I went to the bathroom. When wearing this, I was surprised upon looking at myself that I didn't need to! It looks like my bare skin, just without all the issues. Yes, there is some oil break through, but I deal with that by just going over my face with the bare kabuki, and it continues to look flawless.

Finally, my skin has issues. I have acne (2courses of Accutane only worked temporarily) and general unevenness. I use Tazorac and have the obligatory flakey, ruddy skin as a result. This is really the best I've tried.

Edit 7/4/07: LOVE this. Skin has cleared up completely, and I'm no longer using prescription retinoids. Coverage is flawless, and I've been getting tons of compliments on my skin. Now that it's summer I mix Real Sand/Rich Vanilla and the match is perfect. Sometimes wear it alone, sometimes over the Oil Free TM (nude) or Silk Creme Fdn (bamboo), or Stick fdn, depending on how much coverage I need. **love**!
Edit 12/21/11: About 3 years ago I realized MMU just doesn't work for my skin anymore (it can be somewhat "ageing"), and I've moved on to liquids. Nothing against this product, but as I have changed so does what I put on my face.

44 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I came across this by chance in SpaceNK. I tried all the colours on the back of my hand and Rich Vanilla seemed to match the best - it was a nice yellow toned but quite fair colour that matched my fair asian skintone, and was one of the silkist mineral powders I've ever tested. My experience with Philosophy's told me that I should see it in a different light to see if it appears white/silvery, so I moved to another spot - but LM's looked true in different lights. I then put some moisturiser on a different patch on my hand, waited a couple of minutes, then tested Rich Vanilla again on top of that. It turned Orange! It looked awful - at least 3 shades darker than the original test patch! Maybe it was that particular moisturiser that made it turn? (it was Chantecaille's). Looking at all the generous reviews on MUA I'm a bit uncertain - I think I'll go back and test it with a different moisturiser, or makeup base (alas SpaceNK are not at all generous with samples, so cannot test at home with usual moisturiser).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:59:00 AM More reviews by lovelyday

I am prone to heading straight for the makeup counter when I see an ad for a new makeup, but most of the time it doesn't live up to the hype that was promised. My intial plan was to just try it out and check it off my list of things to do. But once I tried it on, I was hestitant to say that I started to love it. I handed over my credit card and charged away, but still thinking I'll wait to see how I like it the next day.

The next morning, I put on my LM primer and buffed the mineral powder into my skin. Still didn't want to believe it, but my skin looked the BEST it's ever looked! Flawless, glowy...airbrushed without looking like you have a ton of powder on. The powder totally evened out my skin, but without the heaviness of foundation. Another major bonus is that my makeup looks as fresh at the end of an 8+ hour day...WOW! I was never able to achieve that with foundation or the tinted moisturizer!

This is my first time trying mineral makeup so I don't know how it compares to other brands, but its excellent for those who have used tinted moisturizers but want something that last longer and looks WAY better.

A million raves for Laura Mercier's mineral makeup!