Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/20/2007 10:39:00 AM

I've just started using this product in Tender Rose. Its a great skin tone match and a lovely natural coverage which covers the sun spots on the side of my face. However, i think your enjoyment of this product will depend on what finish you want. I've been using BE and i prefer the slightly shiny finish that BE gives me. The LM is extremely natural (i suppose you could build it) and it really didnt look like i had make up on at all. I used the LM primer underneath and it lasted ok - but not as well as BE. I also purchased the LM bronzing Mineral powder which is totally fantastic - really natural - suits all skin tones and worked really well over my tinted moist too. I did really like the LM powder but i think i prefer the finish of BE especially with the various other skin finishers you can purchase from BE - like Clear Radiance!

on 5/19/2007 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been loyal to BE for abt 3 yrs or so now, on and off, but at the end I always stick to BE. Since I have problem skin and very oily, acne pigmentation everywhere, BE has done a good job, I also top with NARS loose powder and MAC Blot powder on the go, the shine is gone actually. First, I like the packaging of Laura Mercier. Color wise, I think they should make more color range. I bought the Rich Vanilla and tried it for 4 times, by the mid day, my complexion turns darker. It's just not close enough to my skintone. I compared to my BE shade, it's darker, too. I used 2 shades (I mixed it by myself, not from the kit). The finishing actually similar to Laura oil free foundation which I'm not so sure. I prefer Armani matte foundation finish. Yes, it's less shiny than BE... but, I still like BE more (more natural and glowy). It feels lighter on the skin, just top it with loose powder eventho U have dry skin, the mineral shine is gone. My co worker also compliment me on BE. I hope Laura makes more shades in the future soon.

on 5/18/2007 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried Bare Escentuals - ended up being unsatisfied with the orangey way Medium Beige and Medium looked on my medium Asian skin. So, I tried the Laura Mercier line and I am much more satisfied. While this is only my 2nd foray into the mineral foundation line, I find that the finish is much more matte than BE. I took it with me to Southeast Asia where the weather was 85-90 degrees and it held really well. You won't really get much coverage with this one if you have some blemishes so you will still have to spot treat with a concealer. However, it really does give your skin a nice sheen. Perfect if you have fairly good skin.

on 5/17/2007 11:19:00 AM

I have come to consult this site when contemplating purchases, so in the spirit of community thinking I am writing to say that I have tried Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder makeup and can add my voice to the chorus of Mua reviewers who deem her line superior to B.E.
I recieved a Camoflage/Concealer kit, the Powder in Tender Rose, and the (light pinks) Blush kit. I am a lifetime mineral makeup convert, and I'd definitely still be using B.E. if this line wasn't obviously superior. The Tender Rose is actually a perfect match for my skin-tone, and provides a really immaculate finish. The blush is another lucky strike-- really creates a natural-looking rosy cheek hue on me. The concealer, to top it off, definitely camoflages my slavic eye circles better than Boing, or any of the other concealers I've tried, and without any cakiness. My skin just looks a little more perfect, and that's what I want from my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. My mom use to hate it when I wore my Majolica Majorca pressed powder, as she thought it looked cakey and heavy on me. Ever since I switched to LM's mineral powder, she's been commenting everyday on how natural, glowy, and healthy my skin is. A little product goes a long way!

I especially love the packaging of this product; there's a swivel cover inside the sifter where you can block the holes, which allows me to block the sifter so no extra will fall out if I'm carrying it around.

I got this in Pure Honey; I was kind of scared at how dark it was, but after the lovely MA applied it on my face, it looked wonderful. I'll definitely buy this again when I run out (which won't be for a while!)

on 5/13/2007 1:58:00 PM

So far so good. I've switched from BE to Alima, and had to switch mmu after noticing a few bumps on my chin and cheeks. It's been a week and my face has calmed down. The shade (Real Vanilla) is a little bit dark, I may have to mix it with Real Sand later on. The finish is gorgeous, luminous, a little shiny but i just blot on with Smashbox Compact Anti-Shine in the middle of the day and it's good again. It was really tested when I was out dancing a couple nights ago and didn't have to touch up once! It was amazing! I'm giving it an overall rating of 4 because it is a little bit on the pricey side.

on 5/12/2007 1:42:00 PM

I had to return this. I just couldn't handle it. I really wanted to love this, but the colors were all wrong, and it emphisized fine lines on my forehead (that are usually invisible), and the pores on my nose. I have normal to oily skin and have tried many MMU brands. This was one I gave a big thumbs down to.

on 5/11/2007 2:40:00 AM

I was never a big fan of Mineral Makeup and never got into the BE thing, tried BE and hated it. Made me look muddy and flat, even with my then oily t-zone. I like this much better than most mineral foundation. Coverage is buildable, I was told by the SA that is was water resistant as well, havnt' tried it out, but we'll see! Love the jar with the sifter and cover, you don't get a bunch of powder built up, will be great for when travel.
UPDATE: Found this to be even better when used with the mineral primer but its not a foundation I would use consistantly, mineral foundations never seem to look natural on me, too matte.

on 5/10/2007 10:44:00 AM

All I can say, is that this product is AMAZING!! When I heard she came out with a mineral makeup, I was so excited. I love it sooooo much. I used Bare Minerals for a while but it always made me look like the Tin Man and it enlarged my pores. This product is AMAZING !! It does not enlarge my pores at all ( !! ) and it definitely does not have any silvery tones to it. That is really what sold me on the product so if you have issues with enlarged pores and like mineral make up, this is the one to use!

on 5/9/2007 1:26:00 PM

So far, so good on this Mineral foundation. I've been using Everyday Minerals but that broke me out and made me itch a bit. $30 or $35 isn't cheap, but I haven't been "forced" to buy a separate concealer, finishing powder, etc. etc. for this!
Lasts well on me; no foundation has ever been terribly long-lasting for me but LM is the front-runner. I've slept in it twice and definitely still had it on in the morning!
1 lipstick off due to color selection. I wear the lightest and it's *barely* light enough for me.
EDIT: Wanted to add that for the multiple times I've slept in this, I have never had a related breakout from it. That alone makes it a Holy Grail item for me!