December 21, 2014 | 1707 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried several mmu's in the past 5 years since I've been on this mineral foundation kick. I even worked once at a BE boutique but hands down Laura Mercier is my favorite thus far. The coverage is fantastic, you don't have to swirl tap and buff (lol)..it blends in so much more easier than other brands of mineral foundation. The lasting power is great..you don't need to wear a finishing powder ( I do anyways for shine) like the other brands get you trapped into buying. It's one lipstick off (just like a previous review I read) because there are minimal shades. I'm using Real Sand, which is perfect in the spring/summer months but a little too dark in the winter. (for reference I used to wear BE fairly light in the winter and med. beige in the summer). One of the best parts though is the packaging. It has a turn dial to open and close the holes. Pure Genius!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by audge723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I really like this.( 3rd day using it) I am using Real sand. i have fair skin with pink undertones , but the bloomies MA told me not to get tender rose bec it will make me look more pink toned. I use my LM bronzer brush bec I was too cheap to buy the blending brush. It works well . So far not much shininess and i have oily skin. its much easier than puting on Tinted moisterizer . So far , I would buy it again. nice packaging too.

update*****I am using this now for about a month and I really love it. It is so easy to use and my skin doesnt get any more oily than it did with my TM. I havent been breaking out from it either. I highly recommend buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sparklemotion

1 lipstick off for limited colour selection. I have this in Tender Rose, and it is a tad too dark, but I think I can get away with it. (BE Fair, MAC NW20 for reference).

This has hands down the BEST coverage out of all the MMUs I have tried (which is a lot!). Slight sheen, but not overly shiny. And of course, the packaging is genius.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JaneD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. This was cakey and orange on my face. Unfortunately they only have 5 shades, so it got returned. Too bad for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Susan1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product overall. I only use makeup when I go out to a special event or dinner. It didn't seem to have as good as coverage as my BE. Also it had slightly less value as the BE starter kits are priced so well. I will keep using this perhaps in conjuction w/ BE as I really love BE's transluent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by maxey_d

I have spent tons of money on different MMU (BE, Colorscience, Neutrogena, Jane Iredale, etc.) hoping that it'll help me. I don't have a huge problem when it comes to pimples, however, I have a lot of problems with blackheads. Make-up tends to clog up my skin very bad. MY blackheads always come back. After using LM MMU for about a month now, I noticed that my blackheads are more under control. Also, it was amazing how people were noticing my make up. The first day about 3 people came up to me at work and complimented me on how nice I look. It is a wonderful MMU. I also agree that the nice part is that it doesn't itch. Highly Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I wanted this to work, I just do not have good luck with MMU. I have tried a lot of them. This was too shiny on me. The shine was more than a glow, it was just plain shiny and it made my pores look large and oily. Did not make me itch like some others do, that I can give it but I had to returned it. I give it two lippies for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hol_eliz

For anybody who prefers powders to liquid foundations, this one is a great product! I'm personally a liquid foundation kinda girl, but I have to admit of those lazy days this product is quick easy and gives great coverage! If you're dry like me, just be sure to moisturize first or it will look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JFelt10

I love this mineral foundation! I've numerous MMU's BE, JI, Glo, I think this is the best by far. The coverage lasts all day, and I only require minimal touch ups. Definatley a re-purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 3 weeks of test driving this foundaiton, I can say that I've finally found my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! I love the concept of mineral powder foundation since I hate putting liquid goo foundation on my skin first thing in the morning. Mineral foundations are so easy and quick to buff on in the morning and take very little skill. After trying several mineral m/u brands, I was unable to find anything that didn't make my skin itchy or shiny looking within a few hours of wear. This is COMPLETELY different. It holds up throughout the day and I only have to blot a couple times with blotting tissue to keep it looking fresh. In addition, the coverage is buildable and it really does a PHENOMENAL job of covering old acne marks/dark spots. No itchiness either! I have NC35 combo skin and have found a great match in Rich Vanilla although I do wish it had a little more yellow/gold tones in it. Still, I LOVE THIS STUFF and will be repurchasing when I run out.