Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/13/2007 1:58:00 PM

So far so good. I've switched from BE to Alima, and had to switch mmu after noticing a few bumps on my chin and cheeks. It's been a week and my face has calmed down. The shade (Real Vanilla) is a little bit dark, I may have to mix it with Real Sand later on. The finish is gorgeous, luminous, a little shiny but i just blot on with Smashbox Compact Anti-Shine in the middle of the day and it's good again. It was really tested when I was out dancing a couple nights ago and didn't have to touch up once! It was amazing! I'm giving it an overall rating of 4 because it is a little bit on the pricey side.

on 5/12/2007 1:42:00 PM

I had to return this. I just couldn't handle it. I really wanted to love this, but the colors were all wrong, and it emphisized fine lines on my forehead (that are usually invisible), and the pores on my nose. I have normal to oily skin and have tried many MMU brands. This was one I gave a big thumbs down to.

on 5/11/2007 2:40:00 AM

I was never a big fan of Mineral Makeup and never got into the BE thing, tried BE and hated it. Made me look muddy and flat, even with my then oily t-zone. I like this much better than most mineral foundation. Coverage is buildable, I was told by the SA that is was water resistant as well, havnt' tried it out, but we'll see! Love the jar with the sifter and cover, you don't get a bunch of powder built up, will be great for when travel.
UPDATE: Found this to be even better when used with the mineral primer but its not a foundation I would use consistantly, mineral foundations never seem to look natural on me, too matte.

on 5/10/2007 10:44:00 AM

All I can say, is that this product is AMAZING!! When I heard she came out with a mineral makeup, I was so excited. I love it sooooo much. I used Bare Minerals for a while but it always made me look like the Tin Man and it enlarged my pores. This product is AMAZING !! It does not enlarge my pores at all ( !! ) and it definitely does not have any silvery tones to it. That is really what sold me on the product so if you have issues with enlarged pores and like mineral make up, this is the one to use!

on 5/9/2007 1:26:00 PM

So far, so good on this Mineral foundation. I've been using Everyday Minerals but that broke me out and made me itch a bit. $30 or $35 isn't cheap, but I haven't been "forced" to buy a separate concealer, finishing powder, etc. etc. for this!
Lasts well on me; no foundation has ever been terribly long-lasting for me but LM is the front-runner. I've slept in it twice and definitely still had it on in the morning!
1 lipstick off due to color selection. I wear the lightest and it's *barely* light enough for me.
EDIT: Wanted to add that for the multiple times I've slept in this, I have never had a related breakout from it. That alone makes it a Holy Grail item for me!

on 5/6/2007 9:48:00 AM

First off, I LOVE the container! I am going to reuse it for my other mineral foundations. It's a great container for travel and prevents your MMU from spilling out over everything. Ok, as for the foundation itself, I don't hate it but I don't love it either. My sensitive skin had no problems with it with regards to itching or irritation but I didn't really see anything extraordinary with regards to the texture, finish, oil-control etc. I found the finish to be kind of semi-matte, it's not shiny like BE but I didn't see any really "luminosity" to it either. It was just 'eh. It was ok for oil control and I did find the color to turn darker on me as the day wore on (I bought the Rich Vanilla). It was finely milled but then so are all the other MMU brands I have in my stash. For the price and the amount you get, there are better MMU out there (I like Barefacedminerals, Pure Luxe). The container is fabulous though!

Updated: This is a great finishing powder so I've been using it over cream foundations to set it. It works great this way! So am changing my rating from 3 lippie to 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried several mmu's in the past 5 years since I've been on this mineral foundation kick. I even worked once at a BE boutique but hands down Laura Mercier is my favorite thus far. The coverage is fantastic, you don't have to swirl tap and buff (lol)..it blends in so much more easier than other brands of mineral foundation. The lasting power is great..you don't need to wear a finishing powder ( I do anyways for shine) like the other brands get you trapped into buying. It's one lipstick off (just like a previous review I read) because there are minimal shades. I'm using Real Sand, which is perfect in the spring/summer months but a little too dark in the winter. (for reference I used to wear BE fairly light in the winter and med. beige in the summer). One of the best parts though is the packaging. It has a turn dial to open and close the holes. Pure Genius!

on 4/30/2007 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far I really like this.( 3rd day using it) I am using Real sand. i have fair skin with pink undertones , but the bloomies MA told me not to get tender rose bec it will make me look more pink toned. I use my LM bronzer brush bec I was too cheap to buy the blending brush. It works well . So far not much shininess and i have oily skin. its much easier than puting on Tinted moisterizer . So far , I would buy it again. nice packaging too.

update*****I am using this now for about a month and I really love it. It is so easy to use and my skin doesnt get any more oily than it did with my TM. I havent been breaking out from it either. I highly recommend buying this product.

1 lipstick off for limited colour selection. I have this in Tender Rose, and it is a tad too dark, but I think I can get away with it. (BE Fair, MAC NW20 for reference).

This has hands down the BEST coverage out of all the MMUs I have tried (which is a lot!). Slight sheen, but not overly shiny. And of course, the packaging is genius.

on 4/27/2007 6:25:00 PM

Yuck. This was cakey and orange on my face. Unfortunately they only have 5 shades, so it got returned. Too bad for me.