Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/18/2007 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried Bare Escentuals - ended up being unsatisfied with the orangey way Medium Beige and Medium looked on my medium Asian skin. So, I tried the Laura Mercier line and I am much more satisfied. While this is only my 2nd foray into the mineral foundation line, I find that the finish is much more matte than BE. I took it with me to Southeast Asia where the weather was 85-90 degrees and it held really well. You won't really get much coverage with this one if you have some blemishes so you will still have to spot treat with a concealer. However, it really does give your skin a nice sheen. Perfect if you have fairly good skin.

on 5/17/2007 11:19:00 AM

I have come to consult this site when contemplating purchases, so in the spirit of community thinking I am writing to say that I have tried Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder makeup and can add my voice to the chorus of Mua reviewers who deem her line superior to B.E.
I recieved a Camoflage/Concealer kit, the Powder in Tender Rose, and the (light pinks) Blush kit. I am a lifetime mineral makeup convert, and I'd definitely still be using B.E. if this line wasn't obviously superior. The Tender Rose is actually a perfect match for my skin-tone, and provides a really immaculate finish. The blush is another lucky strike-- really creates a natural-looking rosy cheek hue on me. The concealer, to top it off, definitely camoflages my slavic eye circles better than Boing, or any of the other concealers I've tried, and without any cakiness. My skin just looks a little more perfect, and that's what I want from my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. My mom use to hate it when I wore my Majolica Majorca pressed powder, as she thought it looked cakey and heavy on me. Ever since I switched to LM's mineral powder, she's been commenting everyday on how natural, glowy, and healthy my skin is. A little product goes a long way!

I especially love the packaging of this product; there's a swivel cover inside the sifter where you can block the holes, which allows me to block the sifter so no extra will fall out if I'm carrying it around.

I got this in Pure Honey; I was kind of scared at how dark it was, but after the lovely MA applied it on my face, it looked wonderful. I'll definitely buy this again when I run out (which won't be for a while!)

on 5/13/2007 1:58:00 PM

So far so good. I've switched from BE to Alima, and had to switch mmu after noticing a few bumps on my chin and cheeks. It's been a week and my face has calmed down. The shade (Real Vanilla) is a little bit dark, I may have to mix it with Real Sand later on. The finish is gorgeous, luminous, a little shiny but i just blot on with Smashbox Compact Anti-Shine in the middle of the day and it's good again. It was really tested when I was out dancing a couple nights ago and didn't have to touch up once! It was amazing! I'm giving it an overall rating of 4 because it is a little bit on the pricey side.

on 5/12/2007 1:42:00 PM

I had to return this. I just couldn't handle it. I really wanted to love this, but the colors were all wrong, and it emphisized fine lines on my forehead (that are usually invisible), and the pores on my nose. I have normal to oily skin and have tried many MMU brands. This was one I gave a big thumbs down to.

on 5/11/2007 2:40:00 AM

I was never a big fan of Mineral Makeup and never got into the BE thing, tried BE and hated it. Made me look muddy and flat, even with my then oily t-zone. I like this much better than most mineral foundation. Coverage is buildable, I was told by the SA that is was water resistant as well, havnt' tried it out, but we'll see! Love the jar with the sifter and cover, you don't get a bunch of powder built up, will be great for when travel.
UPDATE: Found this to be even better when used with the mineral primer but its not a foundation I would use consistantly, mineral foundations never seem to look natural on me, too matte.

on 5/10/2007 10:44:00 AM

All I can say, is that this product is AMAZING!! When I heard she came out with a mineral makeup, I was so excited. I love it sooooo much. I used Bare Minerals for a while but it always made me look like the Tin Man and it enlarged my pores. This product is AMAZING !! It does not enlarge my pores at all ( !! ) and it definitely does not have any silvery tones to it. That is really what sold me on the product so if you have issues with enlarged pores and like mineral make up, this is the one to use!

on 5/9/2007 1:26:00 PM

So far, so good on this Mineral foundation. I've been using Everyday Minerals but that broke me out and made me itch a bit. $30 or $35 isn't cheap, but I haven't been "forced" to buy a separate concealer, finishing powder, etc. etc. for this!
Lasts well on me; no foundation has ever been terribly long-lasting for me but LM is the front-runner. I've slept in it twice and definitely still had it on in the morning!
1 lipstick off due to color selection. I wear the lightest and it's *barely* light enough for me.
EDIT: Wanted to add that for the multiple times I've slept in this, I have never had a related breakout from it. That alone makes it a Holy Grail item for me!

on 5/6/2007 9:48:00 AM

First off, I LOVE the container! I am going to reuse it for my other mineral foundations. It's a great container for travel and prevents your MMU from spilling out over everything. Ok, as for the foundation itself, I don't hate it but I don't love it either. My sensitive skin had no problems with it with regards to itching or irritation but I didn't really see anything extraordinary with regards to the texture, finish, oil-control etc. I found the finish to be kind of semi-matte, it's not shiny like BE but I didn't see any really "luminosity" to it either. It was just 'eh. It was ok for oil control and I did find the color to turn darker on me as the day wore on (I bought the Rich Vanilla). It was finely milled but then so are all the other MMU brands I have in my stash. For the price and the amount you get, there are better MMU out there (I like Barefacedminerals, Pure Luxe). The container is fabulous though!

Updated: This is a great finishing powder so I've been using it over cream foundations to set it. It works great this way! So am changing my rating from 3 lippie to 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried several mmu's in the past 5 years since I've been on this mineral foundation kick. I even worked once at a BE boutique but hands down Laura Mercier is my favorite thus far. The coverage is fantastic, you don't have to swirl tap and buff (lol)..it blends in so much more easier than other brands of mineral foundation. The lasting power is great..you don't need to wear a finishing powder ( I do anyways for shine) like the other brands get you trapped into buying. It's one lipstick off (just like a previous review I read) because there are minimal shades. I'm using Real Sand, which is perfect in the spring/summer months but a little too dark in the winter. (for reference I used to wear BE fairly light in the winter and med. beige in the summer). One of the best parts though is the packaging. It has a turn dial to open and close the holes. Pure Genius!