October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love! Batiste is one of my favorite dry shampoos (I like Psst! as well). I used to do the baby powder trick or use dry powder shampoos but I prefer this spray. It's much quicker and easier to blend. It also gives volume to the hair, which what I lose the most of on second day hair. My hair is fine and oily at the roots so I feel like I have to wash it everyday to get it looking its best. But it's good to give your hair a break too and this dry shampoo keeps me from feeling greasy.

They have a variety of scents. The blush one is so yummy! Definitely try Batiste out if you are looking for a dry shampoo. Can't beat it for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmm, I am developing quite a habit for dry shampoo, and have now tried several brands:

A trick (that works for me), is to spray when the hair is just starting to get greasy. That way, I stay 'grease free' for another couple of days. If I wait til I am greasy and then spray, my hair seems to get heavy and stiff whatever brand I use.

BATISTE is the least expensive so far, the whitest (I can brush it out of my red-brown hair, but it takes some of the shine off), and if I am not careful I can look prematurely grey in places. It comes in two scents. The tropical is coconutty and pleasant. It definitely works, but has a slight tendency to dry my ends (I have long hair). A good, inexpensive staple, available in Boots the Chemist throughout the UK for about 2 a can. 3 stars.

OJON RUBOUT has a stronger smell, works very well, has virtually no colour, doesn't have to be brushed out nearly so well, and costs about 14 for 180 ml can. Yes, it is good, but the price is ridiculous. I have never had the nozzle clog, but all over the internet are reviews complaining about this, so I have obviously been lucky! From QVC only in the UK (or eBay, if you are a cheapskate, like me). 4 stars.

KLORANE OAT DRY SHAMPOO is the best of the 3. It has the nicest smell, and only a slight colour which is very easy to brush out. It can be used on successive days, and doesn't seem to build in the hair, and when I use a lot of it, it seems to make my hair fall in smooth even waves. It doesn't dry my hair out, but it does take a little of the shine off. At about 6 a can (150ml) I wouldn't call it cheap, but it is definitely affordable, and I would rather use this one than either of the other 2. The huge disadvantage is that I can't seem to find it anywhere but on the internet and the prices vary a lot. 5 Stars.

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by starburstisl

I have the tropical version of this product and the smell is lovely. This product is great for when you don't have time in the mornings to wash your hair, you simply spray it onto the roots and then brush it through your hair. I have very dark hair so I have to be careful to brush it all through otherwise it leaves a white mark but this product really does work and for less than 2 it's a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

love this product...i use it when i dont have time to wah my hair a couple of sprays and my hair looks clean..its really cheap and ok the packaging is not great but who cares it does the job!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am sorry I have to post reviews when I buy something, like it, and see a review below that is incorrect. You are not spraying propane or butane on your hair!!! These are natural gases used to contain the product inside the can and allow for the product to be sprayed out under pressure. This is the same gas that they use to pour draft beer...eek..are you drinking propane? NO! Guiness uses NO2, a nitrogen gas, and no you are not injesting it. The startch is for the hold the dry shampoo gives you and the chloride, which is different from Chlorine (bleach) is used to maintain the color of the product so you can see how much starch you have applied, so you don't over do it.
I use this product because I have dry fine over processed blonde hair that i try not to damage futher with heat. I usually let my hair air dry and style with this to give added volume, and I use it on days I am not washing my hair.
All in all the other dry shampoo's I have to compare this to is:
Ojon Rub Out= worked pretty good but clogged and did not work more than twice (and yes I even tried to replace the cap)
TiGi Rockaholic= yes the reviews are true, I only got about 4-5 uses out of a full size can, and it didn't work as well as Batisite. I did like the smell.
Oscar Blandi= really seemed to dry out my ends like crazy, and I could "feel" this stuff in my hair, smell was also longer lasting than I prefer.
The Batiste I like and have repurchased.

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great product! I have very thick, very coarse hair. I wash every other day, and in this hot weather, my hair doesn't smell so fresh second day out. This freshens up my hair, and gives it volume at the same time. It literally leaves me with hair that looks like it had just been washed! I just stocked up when I went to MI too, got it for a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JenG77

Okay, I've tried some dry shampoos in my day. For example, Fekkaki, etc. This Batiste dry shampoo works very very well. I could get over the smell for the fact that it exceeded my expectations.

But get this! I actually was curious to read what the ingredients were - I am kind of freaked out by this! Some of the ingredients include

PROPANE
BUTANE
STARCH
CHLORIDE

Are you joking me!? I'm spraying lighter fluid and propane on my hair?!

Why are some things always too good to be true?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Lisa12

I love this product. It does allow me to go an extra day or 2....or 3 without washing my hair, especially whilst on holiday. My hair is very thick and wavy and having to blow dry it straight in the heat is not something i enjoy and i delay for it as long as poss.

The packaging isn't great but its so cheap and effective that i can let that slide!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AbbyAnne

It does what it's supposed to. However if you spray too much, you start to smell all funky then your hair feels all clogged. Idk. It's just weird. If you purchase this, don't use it as a substitute for not washing your hair, that would be a bad mistake. just use it for taking out a little oiliness or adding a bit volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

omg this stuff is awesome!!!! great to use in between washings for greasy, limp bangs to give them volume and fluff! soooo happy i bought this instead of the more expensive ojon or oscar blandi. the smell isn't great but its not strong so its bearable. the packaging is kinda ghetto but who cares if it works right?