August 21, 2014 | 1800 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

Pros:
-Does the job! Absorbs oil and makes my fringe easier to style
-Has helped me move from having to wash my hair everyday (v. oily scalp) to only having to wash every 2/3 or even 4 days, and my scalp has followed suit.
-Decent price
-brushes out easily
Cons:
-Leaves white line in my parting (I'm dark haired)
-Sometimes wished a can lasted a bit longer...but beggers can't be choosers!!

This stuff delivers what it promises and I ALWAYS have a can at the ready, and cringe if I go away for the weekend and forget it. Really like it, its now a staple product on my dressing table.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. Works so much better than it's more expensive counterparts. And it's cheap to boot- especially if you sign up for a Sally's card. I can go a couple of days between washes with this stuff which is a miracle for my oily hair. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by SophH

This is a fabulous product!! It really absorbs the oil from your hair. I didn't think it was possible, but three days after washing my hair I can spray this in and it absorbs all the oil and makes my blonde hair look blonde again (when my hair gets oily it looks darker).

You just shake it, spray it in, shake a bit more, spray it in again and then brush it through. The scent isn't wonderful, but after a few minutes you can't smell it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love! This is an HG product for me. I have very processed blonde hair. I used to wash it every day which was making it really dry. I would wash it every other day but it would look flat and greasy at the roots. Then I started using Batiste on the non-wash days. My hair looks the same as on the days I wash it. I just spray a little on the roots of my hair, then work it in with my fingers. I let it sit for a few minutes then brush it out. Totally fresh looking hair with volume. I also like the retro looking can it comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by SucreBleu

I don't know how I ever did without this product!! I love flat ironing and curling my hair, and it always looks better the 2nd day, but my scalp gets on the oily side and loses volume.

When I use this spray, I will pick up the hair at the roots, and lightly spray the product onto the roots. I rub it in so it absorbs the oil, and then brush it out with a bristle brush. The results are fantastic and it gives me some much needed volume!

It's like $5.99 if you use a Sally's card. Totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a life saver for saving time and hair colour! My hair is bleached and dyed dark blue but I still get greasy roots/fringe within 24 hours of washing.

With this product I can go 2 days without washing and it also covers the smell of cigarettes if you've been out.

I use Tropical as I like the smell of coconuts.

This product is very cheap at 1.99 and you don't need much.

The only downside is if you spray too much on or don't brush it out throughly you'll get white patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by twiggy016

LOVE THIS!
I'd defo recommend it, it's a must-have!
I got the Blush one, which smells great.
This is great for greasy, second day hair or just great as a styling product - it makes hair matte and quite volumey.
I especially love the price...less than 2!
It's just as good as some of the pricier ones, which I have bought before and been disappointed with. x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Thanks to MUA and the regular features in the British hairdo magazines, I sought this & was rewarded with the last 2 cans at my local Sally's. I had tried a very overpriced sample of Oscar Blandi in the non-spray format, which I disliked although I did like the product itself and the concept of a dry shampoo. Since I went back to wearing my hair in a bob and the weather turned cold, I can get away with skipping the occasional shampoo - I also travel extensively and am always on the lookout for things that make my life easier. This sure fit the bill! I got the original scent, which is a very light lemony one. Compared to the sprinkle powder I used before, this is very light and if I'm careful not to over do it, doesn't leave a trace of white in my dark hair. Yes, the container is a bit dated but it's very moderately priced and it works. I'll be keeping one at home and one in my suitcase from now on - never again to be plagued by grubby hair after a long flight!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lovinitxx

i couldnt live without this as im usually so busy
its great because you dont have to spend ages washing your hair and then restyling it if youre just about to go out
just spray a bit of this, brush it out and voila! your hair is less greasy, feels silkier and smells like coconuts!!
and its something stupid like 2.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this stuff. I've been on a hunt for a good dry shampoo that lets me go longer between washes because my naturally curly hair is very dry and I straighten it. With this product, I can go at least 6 days between washes and not look greasy or smell dirty. I've tried a couple dry shampoos and this one is by far my favorite.

I got the tropical one first. At first the smell as I was spraying it was overpowering. Ick. Sickeningly sweet and chemically. I wasn't sure if I could stand it on my head. HOWEVER, after a minute, it goes away and my hair was left with a light coconut scent, which I really like. This stuff doesn't seem to mask the dirty hair smell, but actually takes it away. I had my fiance sniff my scalp at night after using this in the morning just to see what an honest nose would think. His response? "Smells clean...like coconut." It certainly does a great job drying up oily patches and dark haired girls, don't let the stark white powder scare you. It blends into my hair really nicely with just a little brushing or even just finger combing my hair. ETA: I just tried the Blush one. Love it EVEN MORE! Same great product, even better scent and a cute pink can.

It doesn't give the same freshly washed hair feel, but you're not going to find that in a dry shampoo. It does however make your hair smell and look clean. This one is a keeper.