Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 6/19/2007 2:15:00 PM

Love it. I used to use Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals in 1.2, Fairly Light, and bought the Physician's Formula in Buff Beige -- a near-perfect match.

I'm actually going to dissent and say I adore the brush that comes at the top of this product. Plus, I always had issues with the Bare Minerals getting too much makeup clustered at the top -- never happens with this. Even if it weren't half the price, I'd still buy this product. I'm getting compliments on my skin for the first time (never happened with Bare Minerals).

I've also tried the L'Oreal and Neutrogena mineral foundations and had major issues with both. As fas as I can tell, this one's the winner.

on 6/18/2007 10:43:00 PM

I've been using this every day for six or seven months now. I have decent skin so I don't need a great deal of coverage. It looks totally natural (most people don't think I wear make-up at all), evens out my skin tone and stops shine. I've never used BareMinerals so I can't make any comparison to that product, but I imagine it's much of the same with a higher price tag.

My only complaint is the packaging, it's *not* portable at all. When I go out of town I have to take a different powder because the cap on this one falls does not stay on at all. The brush that comes with the powder is good and I like it so much I also use it for my powder blush.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in Sand Beige. It was about $9.89 or so at Wal-Mart. It is the one in the jar with the clear "dome" top. This provides pretty good coverage, and can be easily worn alone. I have some problematic skin and I get oily on my forehead, nose and cheeks and I found by the end of the day that my forehead was not oily and my cheeks and nose were no where near as oily as the usually would be. I don't care for the small brush that comes with it, to me it tends to apply more powder (which can make you look cakey). The brush would be better for blush. I like that it has a divider for the powder, it makes things a lot cleaner to where your not getting powder everywhere. I also wish this came in more shades, I could use one that is a shade darker. I would probably look for something else to try before repurchasing, but it is a good powder. **UPDATE** I had to get rid of this powder. One day on the weekend I decided to put this on with the PF MIneral Wear Liquid foundation in the same color (Sand Beige), grab a mirror and go outside in the daylight just to see if everything looked ok. Not at all! The color made my skin look "muddy" like murkey, stale pond water. I was sooo embarrased because I had been wearing this for a few weeks and under the bathroom light it looked perfect. I also noticed that the powder doesn't blend as well as I thought. In the daylight, I seen round spots of powder (almost cakey looking) where I applied the powder. When I applied it I blended it well with the small (and useless) brush they include. It looked like a 5 year old applied my makeup and I have been wering make up for over 12 years! The shade range they offer is horrible. I will probably never buy this powder again. Though if they do come out with more shades of the liquid foundation I would buy that b/c I liked the feel of that.

on 6/17/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this. This is the only mineral product I've ever bought and I don't think I'll try anything else because this stuff is about $10 and provides the coverage I need. Don't use the brush that comes with the package, as it really does suck. I used a different kabuki brush and it works fine. Please note that this product works best if you use some moisturizer first.

on 6/16/2007 9:03:00 PM

**This was the frist mineral foundation/ powder I ever used, I bought it a while ago and have still have a great deal left. I have tried many mineral powders and I always seem to be coming back to this one. It has a wonderful matte finish on the skin and blends beautifully. Very finely-milled and it sort of just adheres to your skin(in a good way!) and softly blends. Although the little brush that comes with it I would NOT reccomend (prickly), and the packaging can be a little annoying I really like using this product. IT's great for creating that flawless porcelain complexion.**

on 6/14/2007 1:08:00 PM

I really like this stuff except (there it is lol) that it gives me a more matte finish, and I prefer a more dewy one. All in all, this is a wonderful product though, The packaging sucks (i spill it often enough) and the brush is a bust, but the product is great! It also covers my red cheeks (mild KP).

on 6/12/2007 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is wonderful! I am MAC NC40 at the moment, and I have this in Sand Beige. It covers acne scars and gives a radiant finish. My skin feels great and it's loaded with antioxidents. I use Concealer Rx under this if Im in a hurry and I get a PERFECT looking complexion. Everyone should try this. If you shop at Longs or Rite-Aid you can try shades at home and trade them if you got the wrong one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is wrong for me. 1) It doesn't mattify at all. 2) It made my large pores look even larger. For these reasons I had to give it away to my mum (who loves it incidentally!) If you don't have these issues with your skin, then you will no doubt fall in love with this product. It's quite a shame it didn't work for me because I really loved the 'glowing' finish I got from it. The packaging is 'interesting' - I dealt with it by a) ditching the brush that comes with it and b) snipping the hinged lid that is directly over the sifter - this allows me to poor product directly into the domed lid. Then you can swirl and tap with your brush to apply. The hunt for my HG foundation continues!

This is amazing! I was originally using Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and i loved it and I was running out. So when I saw this at my local Target I thought I'd give it a try because it wasn't expenisive and if I didn't like it then I could switch back to Clinique, but I love this! It goes on nicely (I would recommend getting a different brush though because the one it comes with is really rough and not good for your skin. Clinique makes good brushes) and it gives a very nice finish. I went back the next day to get more makeup from Physician's Formula and I love it all! I highly recommend getting your makeup from there. You'll love it.

on 5/31/2007 7:35:00 PM

Wow. I have tried many types of mineral makeups, and this by far, is my HG, right next to Jane. Be Pure Mineral Makeup. They both are outstanding! Anyways, I think the packaging of this is very nifty and different, and the brush included is ONLY nice if you soak it in some fabric softener for awhile. It provides great coverage without looking masklike or too matte. It gives a nice, dewy look without the shininess. I love how it minimizes my pores and really brings out the health in my skin. Its mostly zinc oxide, so it has amazing sun protection qualities, and the other minerals smooth out my skin, and I can feel it nourishing my skin if that makes sense. Love this product. I found it at walgreens for around 10 bucks. It and Jane. are by far the best mineral makeups out there.