December 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sand Beige. It was about $9.89 or so at Wal-Mart. It is the one in the jar with the clear "dome" top. This provides pretty good coverage, and can be easily worn alone. I have some problematic skin and I get oily on my forehead, nose and cheeks and I found by the end of the day that my forehead was not oily and my cheeks and nose were no where near as oily as the usually would be. I don't care for the small brush that comes with it, to me it tends to apply more powder (which can make you look cakey). The brush would be better for blush. I like that it has a divider for the powder, it makes things a lot cleaner to where your not getting powder everywhere. I also wish this came in more shades, I could use one that is a shade darker. I would probably look for something else to try before repurchasing, but it is a good powder. **UPDATE** I had to get rid of this powder. One day on the weekend I decided to put this on with the PF MIneral Wear Liquid foundation in the same color (Sand Beige), grab a mirror and go outside in the daylight just to see if everything looked ok. Not at all! The color made my skin look "muddy" like murkey, stale pond water. I was sooo embarrased because I had been wearing this for a few weeks and under the bathroom light it looked perfect. I also noticed that the powder doesn't blend as well as I thought. In the daylight, I seen round spots of powder (almost cakey looking) where I applied the powder. When I applied it I blended it well with the small (and useless) brush they include. It looked like a 5 year old applied my makeup and I have been wering make up for over 12 years! The shade range they offer is horrible. I will probably never buy this powder again. Though if they do come out with more shades of the liquid foundation I would buy that b/c I liked the feel of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. This is the only mineral product I've ever bought and I don't think I'll try anything else because this stuff is about $10 and provides the coverage I need. Don't use the brush that comes with the package, as it really does suck. I used a different kabuki brush and it works fine. Please note that this product works best if you use some moisturizer first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Venus0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**This was the frist mineral foundation/ powder I ever used, I bought it a while ago and have still have a great deal left. I have tried many mineral powders and I always seem to be coming back to this one. It has a wonderful matte finish on the skin and blends beautifully. Very finely-milled and it sort of just adheres to your skin(in a good way!) and softly blends. Although the little brush that comes with it I would NOT reccomend (prickly), and the packaging can be a little annoying I really like using this product. IT's great for creating that flawless porcelain complexion.**

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SilkySinner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff except (there it is lol) that it gives me a more matte finish, and I prefer a more dewy one. All in all, this is a wonderful product though, The packaging sucks (i spill it often enough) and the brush is a bust, but the product is great! It also covers my red cheeks (mild KP).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by tcorona

This product is wonderful! I am MAC NC40 at the moment, and I have this in Sand Beige. It covers acne scars and gives a radiant finish. My skin feels great and it's loaded with antioxidents. I use Concealer Rx under this if Im in a hurry and I get a PERFECT looking complexion. Everyone should try this. If you shop at Longs or Rite-Aid you can try shades at home and trade them if you got the wrong one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 1:00:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is wrong for me. 1) It doesn't mattify at all. 2) It made my large pores look even larger. For these reasons I had to give it away to my mum (who loves it incidentally!) If you don't have these issues with your skin, then you will no doubt fall in love with this product. It's quite a shame it didn't work for me because I really loved the 'glowing' finish I got from it. The packaging is 'interesting' - I dealt with it by a) ditching the brush that comes with it and b) snipping the hinged lid that is directly over the sifter - this allows me to poor product directly into the domed lid. Then you can swirl and tap with your brush to apply. The hunt for my HG foundation continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by showmethezoe

This is amazing! I was originally using Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and i loved it and I was running out. So when I saw this at my local Target I thought I'd give it a try because it wasn't expenisive and if I didn't like it then I could switch back to Clinique, but I love this! It goes on nicely (I would recommend getting a different brush though because the one it comes with is really rough and not good for your skin. Clinique makes good brushes) and it gives a very nice finish. I went back the next day to get more makeup from Physician's Formula and I love it all! I highly recommend getting your makeup from there. You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shonasky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I have tried many types of mineral makeups, and this by far, is my HG, right next to Jane. Be Pure Mineral Makeup. They both are outstanding! Anyways, I think the packaging of this is very nifty and different, and the brush included is ONLY nice if you soak it in some fabric softener for awhile. It provides great coverage without looking masklike or too matte. It gives a nice, dewy look without the shininess. I love how it minimizes my pores and really brings out the health in my skin. Its mostly zinc oxide, so it has amazing sun protection qualities, and the other minerals smooth out my skin, and I can feel it nourishing my skin if that makes sense. Love this product. I found it at walgreens for around 10 bucks. It and Jane. are by far the best mineral makeups out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by chakalakakhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Suprisingly nice for a drugstore foundation! The color is very good too which is very rare because drugstore foundations tend to have sucky color! It looks very natural on, doesn't cause breakout and is cheap! The brush that is included is a little rough on the skin, but it still works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One word. Love. Goes on perfectly! I used to think my time with MMU was over until I tried this! I was previously using Bare Naturale by L'oreal, but it was just to dry and cakey. And plus, it had talc. Ew.

I bought this in Creamy Natural (I'm pale) and next time I'll buy Translucent Light and apply a nice layer overtop of the creamy natural to give me a flawless pale look.

Invest in a good brush though, the one that comes with it hurts! It works good and blend the makeup, but it's painful! lol.