April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One word. Love. Goes on perfectly! I used to think my time with MMU was over until I tried this! I was previously using Bare Naturale by L'oreal, but it was just to dry and cakey. And plus, it had talc. Ew.

I bought this in Creamy Natural (I'm pale) and next time I'll buy Translucent Light and apply a nice layer overtop of the creamy natural to give me a flawless pale look.

Invest in a good brush though, the one that comes with it hurts! It works good and blend the makeup, but it's painful! lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ntntnt

This is the best stuff I've ever used. You can pick it up pretty much at any drugstore, it's cheap for a mineral makeup I paid 10 bucks, and it works! This covers up all the spots on my face left from acne, any acne I have, and it just gives be a flawless complexion, which is something I am so happy I can finally have. Plus it's minerals so it's good for your skin. This paired with a good moisturizer and it lasts all day. For oily skin types like me after a full day it still looks good but my face still gets a little shiny, but it doesn't look bad it's just that nice dewy look. Love this stuff so much better than everyday minerals and is so much more matte than everyday minerals as well. GO OUT AND TRY IT you won't be disappointed.
UPDATE: In the past I strayed from this b/c it was too messy but went back. And after going back it didn't work as well. It still covered well but after an hour it would settle in the very fine lines I have and look really cakey and fake. Will stay away from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ksi218

I really like this stuff. I bought the translucent med. and it's good but I have a lot of redness so next time I'll get the straight Med. I like that it lasts all day and is easy to touch up if I need it. You can't beat the price much better than BE which I've used before. My only beef is the brush that comes with it. It's harsh on my skin and the hairs come out of it....UGG!! I use a regular powder brush and it works great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 4:45:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice product. Gives a flawless look. The brush it comes with isn't gentle by any means, but why would anyone spend more when this works so well?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this is my HG mineral foundation. I've tried Jane Iredale, Bare Minerals, and Alima. This beats them all, hands down. Jane Iredale was too dry/cakey, Bare Minerals looked like I was a shiny walking corpse with crater pores, and Alima was too heavy and made my fine lines into heavy duty lines (with surprisingly little coverage, too).

Enter our hero, Physician's Formula! Not too shiny, but just light-reflective enough to blur imperfections. Not too heavy, but plenty of coverage. Not too dry, but dry enough to stay matte. Long-lasting, non-irritating, natural-looking, and no zits after many days of use. Comes off easy with a foaming cleanser. Also, I guess it must have lots of SPF since it's primarily zinc oxide. And, it's cheapity-cheap-cheap at about $10. I mix the Translucent Light and the Buff to get my perfect match (I'm quite pale/freckled with neutral peachy undertones). My search is over! If you really want a great mineral foundation, you're crazy not to try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I bought this product in a gift set with a bronzer and eyeshadow duo. I originally would just brush this on over my concealer to set it and absorb any early morning oilies after i moisturized. Used that way, I never noticed any real coverage and subsequently stopped using it all together. i also found it to be a little light for my nc35 skin (bought in Medium). Then one day i was in sephora asking about BE foundation, and the SA showed me how to apply it by buffing it onto my skin, and recommended I add a little of the bronzer to the powder to make it match better. When i went home that night I took my old PF mineral powder, mixed some of the bronzer into it and used a small blush brush to buff it into my skin. The difference was astounding! The coverage was great but still natural looking , the colour finally matched and even gave me a bit of a tan and the wearing power was great! The brush that comes with this stuff is garbage, dont' bother with it, but it is a great product for a great price! i had to mix a lot of the bronzer with it to get the right skin tone, and will probably just buy the bronzer shade for summer anyway. But i definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by bacterium_us

I like this powder. The color tends to be a bit on the orange side, but then again, I've yet to find a color that matches my skin tone (I'm of mixed european background that yielded a weird color scheme...lol). Having said that, the texture is decent and coverage is good, considering the price. Unfortunately it doesn't have SPF, which is a major drawback. Packaging is absolutely horrendous, as with all PF products. One word of caution: the brush is synthetic and very VERY hard. For those of us who have sensitive skin, it's like scrubbing your face with a brillo pad. My suggestion: use a sifter container from a leftover loose powder and hair brush. Overall, OK for the price but not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by squeakiesb

I bought this after finishing a round of BE (because it was the only stuff I had, and I figured it was $25, better to not waste it...) and it's great. I love how the PF is more matte, not as shiney as BE is - it almost seemed iridescent! The brush sucks, I used it the first time after I bought it and I had bristles all over my face. I bought a $3 kabuki brush from Target instead and use that, for heavier application. If I'm just covering some redness I use a basic powder brush. It doesn't make my skin look cakey, or shiney, or any of that, and I just love it! Oh and it's cheap. Never a complaint there!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sarrae

ATTENTION BARE ESSENTIALS USERS. I have been using BE products for the past year and liked them, but they never really gave me the coverage I wanted for my acne-prone, oily T-zone skin. So I didn't want to spend 25 bucks to replance a product I was only sort of happy with. I found this powder in Target for less than 10 bucks and decided to try it. I remembered a hint a make-up artist gave me once and poured a bit of powder in my palm and mixed it with my SPF moisturizer. WOW. It gives me full, all-day coverage and keeps away the shine. I couldn't believe it. I have been spending so much money trying to find the right foundation for years, and this 10-buck miracle is honestly the best thing I have ever found. Plus, it gives you .49 ounces for less than half the price BE gives you for .06 ounces. Mixing it with your moisturizer gives you no foundation lines and dries flawlessly. I even use the mix on my oily nose and have no issues with shine all day. The brush is ok, I brush on only a very little bit of powder after my moisturizer dries so I'm not that concerned with the brush. Ladies, if you want the comfort of mineral powder but need the coverage because of big pores, oily skin or acne, please try this trick. I threw out all of my expensive liquid and mineral stuff this morning and I couldn't be happier. Good luck!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by b_u_t_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the very first mineral product I bought. It wasn't what I expected in a mineral product at all. While I do really like this product, it provided no coverage for any darkness, uneveness, or redness when used alone on bare skin. (I bought the translucent so maybe that's the problem). However, I do use it over my Mary Kay medium coverage foundation and it leaves a nice coverage; my face resists sweating so my makeup stays put. I also purchase PF mineral viel and really liked it too. PF mineral foundation only comes in liquid and the colors look to unnatural for me so I won't bother purchasing it.