Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 5/3/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Okay so this was one of Oprah's favorite things and when I ever saw it in Essence Magazine as one of Taraj Henderson must have's in skin care(she has great skin) I decided to get it by any means necessary. I got my brush on ebay for $136.00 couldn’t spend $195.00 for it.

The version I have is the first model. Anyway I got it on 3/28/09 and after the first 3 weeks my skin was smooth, acne marks were fading I was so sold! I usually wash my face by hand first to "loosen" up the foundation and eye makeup then I use the brush as directed.

It should be mentioned that this cannot be used around the eyes because of the delicate skin that can become wrinkled and damaged due to the oscillation. Anyway after about 4 to 5 weeks though I started to get peeling just above the bridge of my nose. I reduced my usage to 1 time per day at night instead of twice a day. That switch was effective and the peeling subsided.

Then I started to get a couple zits here and there .The zits were a couple small whiteheads on the cheek area and hairline that I've never had before. It has been said that this happens to purge the skin of years of impurities. My skin is still smooth and black heads are definitely minimized. We'll see I'll come back with an update after about six months of using. Overall its a great brush for thorough makeup removal.

EDIT: I have officially been using the Clarisonic brush for 7 months now. I had some issues with dryness and peeling in the beginning and had to do some switching of facial soaps. I used to use the Murad Clarifying Cleanser for acne $26.00 6.75 FL. OZ and that was causing over stripping and white heads. I switched to Palmers Cocoa Butter soap and it works great and best of all its only $2.50!.

I lather up my face really well and I use my brush only once at night follwed by toner. Clarisonic is pretty superior at removing makeup and it also creates a clean base for product absorption. Also it provides evenly distributed exfoliation than cannot be duplicated with hand movements alone.

I recommend this brush. If you cannot afford it there is a knock off at Beauty Choice.com for $27.50 that is reviewed to comparably get the job done just as well.

on 5/1/2009 9:14:00 AM

Love the Clarisonic!!!! I've been using it for months now and it's made my skin look much better - no flakes! I've even had some other people comment on my skin.
But I do wash the brush with soap and dry it after each use - that might seem annoying but I have a feeling that it could spread bacteria if it's not washed.

on 4/30/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I read reviews all the time but I rarely write reviews until TODAY. I had to log in and tell everyone how pleased I am with the Clarisonic Brush! I've had oily, acne prone skin my entire life. I've tried every antibiotic, acne cream, lotion and potion, so I figured WTH?

I'm so happy I did! It's only been 2 weeks but my skin has transformed! The large pores on my cheeks are way less noticeable, the hormonal bumps on my jawline are finally diminishing. My skin looks and feels less greasy and it's SO smooth to the touch. I truly believe my acne creams and moisterizers are penetrating deeper and working as intended. Plus, I'm told it'll only get better with continued use. I cant wait! I highly recommend it.

UPDATE - It's been 4 weeks since I started using the brush and although my skin is still soft and the overall texture is improving, I'm purging like crazy. I have small bumps on my cheeks, around my ear area and under my chin. I haven't stopped using it because I'm hopeful that this will subside soon. I just hope I can hang in there. I really want this to work.

on 4/30/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT:I've had this for about a year and a half. IT still rocks, and when I haven't used it for a week, my oil production kicks up. Still excellent in preventing that monthly smattering of the jawline.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: IMO, a month is not enough to judge it-- too many variables (usually cycle-related). I incorporated the Clarisonic into my regular routine, discounted changes I'd normally experience (like mid-month clearing up), and this is what happened: Oiliness in t-zone down about 50% (I blot about half as much during the day). Blackheads all but gone (and I know b/c I get extractions every month and they went waaaay faster last time). Acne in t zone, chin, and middle of cheeks gone (save for the predictable monthly ones). Face seems softer, smoother. This did not keep my hormonal acne from forming. It still comes on like clockwork, but the scarring is diminishing faster.

The best routine for me has been to use this twice a day, for 2 minutes, on low power. It was a pain to toggle through the settings, but this seems to be the best fit. I use all 3 brush heads, rotating them depending on how sensitive my skin is that day.

In addition, a creamy, mild cleanser works best. If I use my Medi-Bac on it two days in a row, I am rewarded with peeling reminiscent of a beach house exterior.

I clean my brushes with mild soap and witch hazel to disinfect (2xs a week).

And, of course, Do Not expect all your skin issues to be solved with a brush, even if it is the equivilant of a car payment (yikes!) Yes, the price is a lot for many of us, but even that money won't change your skin's chemisty, its response to hormones and environmental changes, etc. It can get you going on the right path, though, if congestion is one of your main issues. And if that's the case, this will be a great tool to slowly change and maintain your skin's health and clarity.

At first I was skeptical dishing out almost $300 for a face brush but after a month I am in love!

The only thing I don't like about it is that the directions it comes with isn't very clear.

on 4/29/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Really great for all skin types. It does, however, require you to find the best facial cleanser for your skin. I use CeraVe foaming cleanser and I have used philosophy in the past. Glycolic cleansers also work really well with this. It helps topical serums and retinols work much better and faster. I really recommend it to people with congested skin that is unphased by regular exfoliation/facial/cleansing. Expensive, but completely worth every penny.

on 4/25/2009 9:19:00 PM

After reading sooo many good reviews on this product I decided to try it. It's alright in my opinion, I'm not sure if my skin changed after using this. Used this for a few months now, I use it just because I have it and it was $200, too much an investment to let it just sit there.

I didn't like this product, it was a little too irritating for my skin even with the sensitive head. It made my face red and gave me these weird bumps, so I tried using it once a day but still too irritating. It also stung a little when I used it.

This works good as a once a week exfoliator though, that's why I didn't give it the worst rating but still I didn't spend all that money just to use it once a week.

on 4/24/2009 6:57:00 PM

I purchased this product about 6 months ago and have seen a complete turnaround in my skin. I have very oily skin and am prone to breakouts. I was really starting to get severe acne and feel so sad to see my skin on my wedding day. I wish I would have found the Clarisonic sooner. It is very pricey, but IMO VERY worth it. I was spending so much money getting peels, facials, trying different products, etc, that it seems so worth it. I currently use the Clarisonic only in the evening to take my make up off and wash my face and my skin looks fantastic. People ask my what I use on my face all the time and I totally attribute it to the Clarisonic. I even convinced my mom to buy one and she loves it too! I use the Normal/Oily brush with a little bit of Kate Somerville Gentle Cleanser. (Really like this product too!) Highly recommend!

on 4/22/2009 11:18:00 AM

Let me just start by saying that I have extremely sensitive/reactive skin. I am going through some weired faze (maybe getting older) where I want to find an anti-wrinkle regime and trying every product on the market, my skin is now very intolerant. I really wanted something that was non-chemical (ie. aha's, bha's, retinol creams etc.) my skin just can't handle anything right now. For reference, last summer I was using Clinique oily skin cleanser, clarifying lotion #3, turnaround concentrate and even a weekly microdermabrasion facial!!! Ugh. I cringe at how I was abusing my skin thinking that I was using a good regime. Alcohol, scrubs, harsh chemicals no more!!! I am currently using Cerave as a cleanser with my Clarisonic (delicate brush head) as I still need a gentle exfoliation. I follow with Eucerin sensitive skin anti-wrinkle Q10 lotion with SPF. That is all. I am saving so much money as all of my products are under $12!!! At night I remove my makeup with Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and then use my Clarisonic with my Cerave cleanser. I apply Eucerin Sensitive Skin Anti-Wrinke cream (Lotion with spf for day, cream for night) and I wake up with butter soft, even toned skin. I am so happy with my Clarisonic. I normaly have monthly hormonal breakouts but they are dramatically reduced due the the cleansed pores created by my clarisonic. I also have the constant blackhead prone nose and within the first use of my clarisonic I noticed dramatically reduced pore size and number of clogged pores around my nasal area. I am so excited that I now share my clarisonic with my husband who is using the sensitive skin brush 2x a day and is very pleased with the results. This, although pricey is so worth it especially if you can share it with someone in your household. My husband gets excited every morning and night for what he calls his spa treatment. Our skin glows with this thing and we are both very happy with the reslts. A definate keeper!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools