July 28, 2014 | 1963 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by user1988

After reading sooo many good reviews on this product I decided to try it. It's alright in my opinion, I'm not sure if my skin changed after using this. Used this for a few months now, I use it just because I have it and it was $200, too much an investment to let it just sit there.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this product, it was a little too irritating for my skin even with the sensitive head. It made my face red and gave me these weird bumps, so I tried using it once a day but still too irritating. It also stung a little when I used it.

This works good as a once a week exfoliator though, that's why I didn't give it the worst rating but still I didn't spend all that money just to use it once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by abbyreich

I purchased this product about 6 months ago and have seen a complete turnaround in my skin. I have very oily skin and am prone to breakouts. I was really starting to get severe acne and feel so sad to see my skin on my wedding day. I wish I would have found the Clarisonic sooner. It is very pricey, but IMO VERY worth it. I was spending so much money getting peels, facials, trying different products, etc, that it seems so worth it. I currently use the Clarisonic only in the evening to take my make up off and wash my face and my skin looks fantastic. People ask my what I use on my face all the time and I totally attribute it to the Clarisonic. I even convinced my mom to buy one and she loves it too! I use the Normal/Oily brush with a little bit of Kate Somerville Gentle Cleanser. (Really like this product too!) Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by madison7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me just start by saying that I have extremely sensitive/reactive skin. I am going through some weired faze (maybe getting older) where I want to find an anti-wrinkle regime and trying every product on the market, my skin is now very intolerant. I really wanted something that was non-chemical (ie. aha's, bha's, retinol creams etc.) my skin just can't handle anything right now. For reference, last summer I was using Clinique oily skin cleanser, clarifying lotion #3, turnaround concentrate and even a weekly microdermabrasion facial!!! Ugh. I cringe at how I was abusing my skin thinking that I was using a good regime. Alcohol, scrubs, harsh chemicals no more!!! I am currently using Cerave as a cleanser with my Clarisonic (delicate brush head) as I still need a gentle exfoliation. I follow with Eucerin sensitive skin anti-wrinkle Q10 lotion with SPF. That is all. I am saving so much money as all of my products are under $12!!! At night I remove my makeup with Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and then use my Clarisonic with my Cerave cleanser. I apply Eucerin Sensitive Skin Anti-Wrinke cream (Lotion with spf for day, cream for night) and I wake up with butter soft, even toned skin. I am so happy with my Clarisonic. I normaly have monthly hormonal breakouts but they are dramatically reduced due the the cleansed pores created by my clarisonic. I also have the constant blackhead prone nose and within the first use of my clarisonic I noticed dramatically reduced pore size and number of clogged pores around my nasal area. I am so excited that I now share my clarisonic with my husband who is using the sensitive skin brush 2x a day and is very pleased with the results. This, although pricey is so worth it especially if you can share it with someone in your household. My husband gets excited every morning and night for what he calls his spa treatment. Our skin glows with this thing and we are both very happy with the reslts. A definate keeper!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with my Clarisonic! I've had the unit for almost 3 months now and it's been just great. I did alot of research on message boards as well as getting facials with the unit prior to buying because it is an expensive goody. I don't think my skin has ever been this clean. It gets all the makeup and grime in one swoop and if I follow with toner (no longer need to), the cotton pad is completely white because the Clarisonic got it all. I will say that since I've been using this I have had some breakouts but it could be from stress. When I inquired with the Clarisonic people about the acne, they did tell me that it's common for people to break out a bit in the beginning because it's lifting old funk out of your skin. They did tell me that I don't have to worry about the brush being an incubator for bacteria as it's made from something that repels bacteria. I still wash it once a week with anti-bacterial soap though (can't be too safe).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by adri721

Like some other reviewers I was initially skeptic about effectiveness of the Clarisonic brush and all the amazing results and claims....BUT I have been using this brush for 7 weeks now and my skin is the BEST it has been in a long time. For reference, I have had acne on my forehead since I was in 6th grade, so its been almost 10 years now and I've never been able to make it go away. I've tried Benzaclin, Retin-A micro, Differin, OTC products, Proactive, Acne free, acne.org...all with minimal or no difference. I also started the pill back in October and my acne became even worse, spreading to my cheeks as well as my chin. My skin isn't horrible (no cystic acne), but the acne that I do have is very persistent and always present.

So with that history, I finally gave in and purchased a Clarisonic brush after thoroughly researching and reading many reviews. I bought the pro version with 4 speeds off of ebay, which was actually cheaper than getting the normal version from Sephora. I have been using the brush twice a day with the sensitive skin brush on the third speed setting (pro level). For the first two weeks, my skin became much worse. I broke out even more and it was pretty miserable. I stuck it out though, because I'm familiar with the whole purging thing after 10 years of acne. After 3 weeks, my skin starting getting a nice glow and my skin noticeably started to clear up. I am at 7 weeks now and my skin is almost completely clear! I just have a few teeny tiny acne bumps which are continuing to be less and less present on my face.

As a note, I still have to wear concealer and foundation because of acne scarring which will take a while to fade (my skin tends to pigment easily as well). But in terms of texture, my skin so much more smoother and improved. Basically, the Clarisonic brush has yielded amazing results for me, but the key is to be patient. I think its unrealistic to expect changes overnight and you have to be prepared to face a really bad week or two (or three!) of purging. Don't touch or pops your zits during that time, or you will regret the scars later on! I'm so glad I stuck it out though, and now I feel so much more confident about my skin.

On a related note, I also tried the Clarisonic face washes for oily and dry skin. I started out using the face wash for oily skin and found it a little drying. I have very combination skin (super oily, but with super dry patches as well) so I've always struggled to find a suitable face wash. I didn't really find anything special about the oily wash so I moved on to the dry skin one which is a non-foaming cream. I usually try to stay away from thick creamy washes because I fear breaking out, but the Clarisonic wash was perfect for my skin. It hydrated the dry spots, while not clogging the rest of my face.

So with my duo of the Clarisonic sensitive skin brush and the facial cleanser twice a day, my skin is almost completely clear now! I would definitely recommend this brush to other people like me, who seem to have exhausted all other acne treatments. It's expensive, but gives me amazing results when used twice daily. My only regret is that I didn't give in and buy this sooner!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hotmama4u2sweat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I'm very sad to see that the earliest review for this product was in 2005. I had no idea that it had been around for almost 3-4 years. To think that I could have been using the Clarisonic since 2005, and may have saved thousands in acne products, painful embarrassment, and dealing with three dermatologists makes me want to cry.
Ok enough of that :-) I've been using this product for about a month now. It's probably the best thing that has worked for my acne-prone skin, and I've been dealing with acne issues for about 10 years now (since I turned 12). My skin looks healthier, it has a glow to it. It feels clean, I can tell all of my makeup is removed. I also haven't had any breakouts. Yes it is expensive, but to think of the thousands and thousands that I spent on facials, lasers, antibiotics, birth control, plus all of products that they have for acne makes me ill. I think it is a great investment.
I know some people have had bad experiences with this product, but for every one bad review there are 20 good ones. Give it a try. I actually wish my dermatologists could have recommended this to me. It would have saved alot of time and embarrassment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

let me first say that this was a gift. i wanted this really badly, but i never would have ordered it myself because of the price. even with the great reviews, i was not spending $200 on what is essentially an oversized toothbrush for the face.

now that i've been using this since christmas, i would happily go out and buy another if this one ever died on me. i hope to god it doesn't obviously, but it's just that good. my skin requires a lot of exfoliation so i was mixing st ives apricot scrub with a regular cleanser every single day, it irritated my skin but any less than that and my skin wasn't soft.

the clarisonic has truly saved my skin. my skin is softer and for longer in the day than it has ever been before, my pores are smaller, and best of all, my skin isn't irritated at all.

this won't cure acne, but it does a great job of removing blackheads. everything sinks in faster, too. i always hated how long it took for my moisturizer to absorb, now it's like my skin sucks it up upon contact. i love this thing, idk how i went without it and still felt pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by croosah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Clarisonic now for four months and I like it. I have very fair, sensitive skin and use the gentle brush on the gentle setting and have no problems. I have pretty clear skin, and I feel like this keeps it clear and really cleans well. I don't think this is a "must have item", and I could certainly live without it, but I do like it and it has become an enjoyable part of my skin care routine. I use it once a day (at night) to get my skin super-clean and prepped for my collection of serums/night creams and other anti-aging potions. It supposedly helps your skincare items work better, and I can definitely see how that could be true. It's still a "luxury" product for me at this point, but I can understand how this could be a HG for people with more oily/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I started using the Clarisonic back in October. Originally, I used the "sensitive" brush head that came with it. My skin felt clean, but I would still get teeny little whiteheads every once in a while (I get these weird ones that are so small, and they start out as a small bump, rise to the surface overnight, and are ready to pop by morning. I know it could be worse, but they are still annoying). Also, I experienced an initial breakout using it. After 3 months (they recommend you change brushes every 3-4 months) I changed to the "normal" brush head. Since then, it has been smooth sailing. I haven't had a blemish since January--not one. My skin looks great. I use this morning and night with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Facewash. In the morning I apply MUAC gly-luronic serum afterwards (sometimes I use Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle instead. I alternate). At night, I apply Acne.org's BP afterwards. Once a week I use a French Green Clay mask--and I could not be happier. I do still have to extract blackheads on my nose because the brush head is too large to reach some places. Make sure you do not press this too harshly on your skin, especially with the "normal" brush. Give it some time; it's not a miracle worker after all :) But if you are patient, you will likely see good results.