Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

bliss beauty trio

on 4/30/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I read reviews all the time but I rarely write reviews until TODAY. I had to log in and tell everyone how pleased I am with the Clarisonic Brush! I've had oily, acne prone skin my entire life. I've tried every antibiotic, acne cream, lotion and potion, so I figured WTH?

I'm so happy I did! It's only been 2 weeks but my skin has transformed! The large pores on my cheeks are way less noticeable, the hormonal bumps on my jawline are finally diminishing. My skin looks and feels less greasy and it's SO smooth to the touch. I truly believe my acne creams and moisterizers are penetrating deeper and working as intended. Plus, I'm told it'll only get better with continued use. I cant wait! I highly recommend it.

UPDATE - It's been 4 weeks since I started using the brush and although my skin is still soft and the overall texture is improving, I'm purging like crazy. I have small bumps on my cheeks, around my ear area and under my chin. I haven't stopped using it because I'm hopeful that this will subside soon. I just hope I can hang in there. I really want this to work.

on 4/30/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

EDIT:I've had this for about a year and a half. IT still rocks, and when I haven't used it for a week, my oil production kicks up. Still excellent in preventing that monthly smattering of the jawline.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: IMO, a month is not enough to judge it-- too many variables (usually cycle-related). I incorporated the Clarisonic into my regular routine, discounted changes I'd normally experience (like mid-month clearing up), and this is what happened: Oiliness in t-zone down about 50% (I blot about half as much during the day). Blackheads all but gone (and I know b/c I get extractions every month and they went waaaay faster last time). Acne in t zone, chin, and middle of cheeks gone (save for the predictable monthly ones). Face seems softer, smoother. This did not keep my hormonal acne from forming. It still comes on like clockwork, but the scarring is diminishing faster.

The best routine for me has been to use this twice a day, for 2 minutes, on low power. It was a pain to toggle through the settings, but this seems to be the best fit. I use all 3 brush heads, rotating them depending on how sensitive my skin is that day.

In addition, a creamy, mild cleanser works best. If I use my Medi-Bac on it two days in a row, I am rewarded with peeling reminiscent of a beach house exterior.

I clean my brushes with mild soap and witch hazel to disinfect (2xs a week).

And, of course, Do Not expect all your skin issues to be solved with a brush, even if it is the equivilant of a car payment (yikes!) Yes, the price is a lot for many of us, but even that money won't change your skin's chemisty, its response to hormones and environmental changes, etc. It can get you going on the right path, though, if congestion is one of your main issues. And if that's the case, this will be a great tool to slowly change and maintain your skin's health and clarity.

At first I was skeptical dishing out almost $300 for a face brush but after a month I am in love!

The only thing I don't like about it is that the directions it comes with isn't very clear.

on 4/29/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Really great for all skin types. It does, however, require you to find the best facial cleanser for your skin. I use CeraVe foaming cleanser and I have used philosophy in the past. Glycolic cleansers also work really well with this. It helps topical serums and retinols work much better and faster. I really recommend it to people with congested skin that is unphased by regular exfoliation/facial/cleansing. Expensive, but completely worth every penny.

on 4/25/2009 9:19:00 PM

After reading sooo many good reviews on this product I decided to try it. It's alright in my opinion, I'm not sure if my skin changed after using this. Used this for a few months now, I use it just because I have it and it was $200, too much an investment to let it just sit there.

I didn't like this product, it was a little too irritating for my skin even with the sensitive head. It made my face red and gave me these weird bumps, so I tried using it once a day but still too irritating. It also stung a little when I used it.

This works good as a once a week exfoliator though, that's why I didn't give it the worst rating but still I didn't spend all that money just to use it once a week.

on 4/24/2009 6:57:00 PM

I purchased this product about 6 months ago and have seen a complete turnaround in my skin. I have very oily skin and am prone to breakouts. I was really starting to get severe acne and feel so sad to see my skin on my wedding day. I wish I would have found the Clarisonic sooner. It is very pricey, but IMO VERY worth it. I was spending so much money getting peels, facials, trying different products, etc, that it seems so worth it. I currently use the Clarisonic only in the evening to take my make up off and wash my face and my skin looks fantastic. People ask my what I use on my face all the time and I totally attribute it to the Clarisonic. I even convinced my mom to buy one and she loves it too! I use the Normal/Oily brush with a little bit of Kate Somerville Gentle Cleanser. (Really like this product too!) Highly recommend!

on 4/22/2009 11:18:00 AM

Let me just start by saying that I have extremely sensitive/reactive skin. I am going through some weired faze (maybe getting older) where I want to find an anti-wrinkle regime and trying every product on the market, my skin is now very intolerant. I really wanted something that was non-chemical (ie. aha's, bha's, retinol creams etc.) my skin just can't handle anything right now. For reference, last summer I was using Clinique oily skin cleanser, clarifying lotion #3, turnaround concentrate and even a weekly microdermabrasion facial!!! Ugh. I cringe at how I was abusing my skin thinking that I was using a good regime. Alcohol, scrubs, harsh chemicals no more!!! I am currently using Cerave as a cleanser with my Clarisonic (delicate brush head) as I still need a gentle exfoliation. I follow with Eucerin sensitive skin anti-wrinkle Q10 lotion with SPF. That is all. I am saving so much money as all of my products are under $12!!! At night I remove my makeup with Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and then use my Clarisonic with my Cerave cleanser. I apply Eucerin Sensitive Skin Anti-Wrinke cream (Lotion with spf for day, cream for night) and I wake up with butter soft, even toned skin. I am so happy with my Clarisonic. I normaly have monthly hormonal breakouts but they are dramatically reduced due the the cleansed pores created by my clarisonic. I also have the constant blackhead prone nose and within the first use of my clarisonic I noticed dramatically reduced pore size and number of clogged pores around my nasal area. I am so excited that I now share my clarisonic with my husband who is using the sensitive skin brush 2x a day and is very pleased with the results. This, although pricey is so worth it especially if you can share it with someone in your household. My husband gets excited every morning and night for what he calls his spa treatment. Our skin glows with this thing and we are both very happy with the reslts. A definate keeper!!!

on 4/21/2009 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I'm in love with my Clarisonic! I've had the unit for almost 3 months now and it's been just great. I did alot of research on message boards as well as getting facials with the unit prior to buying because it is an expensive goody. I don't think my skin has ever been this clean. It gets all the makeup and grime in one swoop and if I follow with toner (no longer need to), the cotton pad is completely white because the Clarisonic got it all. I will say that since I've been using this I have had some breakouts but it could be from stress. When I inquired with the Clarisonic people about the acne, they did tell me that it's common for people to break out a bit in the beginning because it's lifting old funk out of your skin. They did tell me that I don't have to worry about the brush being an incubator for bacteria as it's made from something that repels bacteria. I still wash it once a week with anti-bacterial soap though (can't be too safe).

on 4/21/2009 2:11:00 PM

Like some other reviewers I was initially skeptic about effectiveness of the Clarisonic brush and all the amazing results and claims....BUT I have been using this brush for 7 weeks now and my skin is the BEST it has been in a long time. For reference, I have had acne on my forehead since I was in 6th grade, so its been almost 10 years now and I've never been able to make it go away. I've tried Benzaclin, Retin-A micro, Differin, OTC products, Proactive, Acne free, acne.org...all with minimal or no difference. I also started the pill back in October and my acne became even worse, spreading to my cheeks as well as my chin. My skin isn't horrible (no cystic acne), but the acne that I do have is very persistent and always present.

So with that history, I finally gave in and purchased a Clarisonic brush after thoroughly researching and reading many reviews. I bought the pro version with 4 speeds off of ebay, which was actually cheaper than getting the normal version from Sephora. I have been using the brush twice a day with the sensitive skin brush on the third speed setting (pro level). For the first two weeks, my skin became much worse. I broke out even more and it was pretty miserable. I stuck it out though, because I'm familiar with the whole purging thing after 10 years of acne. After 3 weeks, my skin starting getting a nice glow and my skin noticeably started to clear up. I am at 7 weeks now and my skin is almost completely clear! I just have a few teeny tiny acne bumps which are continuing to be less and less present on my face.

As a note, I still have to wear concealer and foundation because of acne scarring which will take a while to fade (my skin tends to pigment easily as well). But in terms of texture, my skin so much more smoother and improved. Basically, the Clarisonic brush has yielded amazing results for me, but the key is to be patient. I think its unrealistic to expect changes overnight and you have to be prepared to face a really bad week or two (or three!) of purging. Don't touch or pops your zits during that time, or you will regret the scars later on! I'm so glad I stuck it out though, and now I feel so much more confident about my skin.

On a related note, I also tried the Clarisonic face washes for oily and dry skin. I started out using the face wash for oily skin and found it a little drying. I have very combination skin (super oily, but with super dry patches as well) so I've always struggled to find a suitable face wash. I didn't really find anything special about the oily wash so I moved on to the dry skin one which is a non-foaming cream. I usually try to stay away from thick creamy washes because I fear breaking out, but the Clarisonic wash was perfect for my skin. It hydrated the dry spots, while not clogging the rest of my face.

So with my duo of the Clarisonic sensitive skin brush and the facial cleanser twice a day, my skin is almost completely clear now! I would definitely recommend this brush to other people like me, who seem to have exhausted all other acne treatments. It's expensive, but gives me amazing results when used twice daily. My only regret is that I didn't give in and buy this sooner!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools