Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 5/13/2011 2:31:00 AM

I bought the 500ml version of this with high hopes. The product worked ok the first week I used it. Not impressive in regard to makeup removal, but it did well in removing the remaining traces after I washed my face. I love the water based consistency, but apparently there's something in it my eyes CAN'T stand.

Even if I try to use a little bit of this, my eye area becomes sore, red and extremely sensitive even to water, to the extent of having to apply Bepanthol ointment on my actual eyelids to relieve the redness, lasting for days.

Took me a couple of times to realise this makeup remover was to blame for this disaster and this is quite surprising, considering the product is directed for sensitive skin.

If you are prone to eye allergies/infections beware.

I love using this as my make up remover. This is the only DS make up remover that I have tried so far that was so gentle and does not sting my eyes at all. The only downside for me is the price. This is a very expensive drugstore make up remover. Will definitely repurchase when it goes on sale.

on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great pre-cleanser step. I hate finding residue of foundation after washing my face; my regular cleanser is meant for very dry and sensitive skin so I understand that it's not meant to strip the skin of oils, so I use this before my cleanser. I found it at Murale, which is owned by Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for 22CAD for 250ml. I love the water consistency, the fact that it doesn't smell like anything, and how my face feels soft and tingly after. I took off a lippy because it's not that great at taking off waterproof mascara (I use Lancome's bifacil for that). Despite the price, unless I find something cheaper, I will repurchase~

on 4/17/2011 10:55:00 AM

I tired this because my friend is Japan is absolutly fond of this brand ( that seems verryyyy expensive there compared to here ). I tired it as a replacement to Avene Cleansing and Make-Up Remover Micellar Lotion for my sensitive skin. It's basically the same product with different smell and different price. I use this as a daily face cleaner when I have irritated skin and it works great for me :)

on 4/13/2011 4:49:00 PM

I was really excited to try this out because I love the concept of 'no-rinse' since tap water dries out my sensitive skin. The product delivers--it's great as a cleanser and i've noticed my skin flakes less. It takes off most of my black eye makeup and foundation. I hate that it's hard to find in the USA and had to pay 35 dollars for a 125 ml bottle. Want to try the sebium version too.
UPDATE: I have to take off two points for this product because i used up my 250 ml bottle in 1.5 months and it cost over $30. There's no way I can pay for a year supply of this. And the directions say you keep swiping until the cotton is clean but i'd have to use up several cotton pads to do this which just uses so much product. I'm better off using my clarisonic with any cleanser to achieve all makeup removal. ALSO I had to pull and tug a lot to get the make up off, it doesn't just dissolve the makeup. I ordered the Nuxe micellar cleanser which is cheaper and hopefully better.

on 4/7/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because i wanted a simple makeup remover for my sensitive skin. I love the water consistency because its simple to just put some on a cotton pad and wipe it off. It made my skin feel really soft after i used it. However my face would get extremely oily the night after using this. My skin didn't feel dehydrated like it usually did, but that was because it was making it so oily. It also started breaking me out, probably because it was kicking my oil glands into overdrive. Unlike most reviewers here, i actually do like using this as a eye makeup remover, i don't wear heavy eye makeup, so it takes off all of mine. It doesn't make my under eye area dry like almost every other remover, and i don't have to hassle and make a mess using olive oil instead. I might repurchase this just to use for my eyes, but as for my face this is a no-no.

update: this broke me out really bad, i've gotten 8 pimples from it, a couple of them being cystic, which i never get. Would not recommend this for anyone with even the slightest oily skin, or if your prone to breakouts.

on 3/30/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My gal friends in Asia absolutely love this product and they always lament how expensive it is to buy from Asia. I get a better break in North America yet it is still the cheapest to buy from Paris. I heard one could get 2 giant bottles for nearly half the price of 1 bottle in NA drugstores.

I find that it is a very effectively OIL FREE make up remover. Since it is oil free, the eye make up removing ability is not as strong as a oil-based remover. It definitely serves me well to remove eye make up and foundation because it is gentle enough and doesn't cause breakouts. Apply it on a cotton pad and swipe once or twice on your eye make up and the shadows, eyeliner are gone.

With my acne proned skin, I will get breakouts if there is a hint of oil left on my face. This product eliminates the problem altogether. The great thing is, it is gentle enough not to strip out moisture from my easily dehydrated skin. So, nowadays, I use it as a dirt/sweat remover even if I didn't wear make up.

The standard bottle lasts me for a long time. It is now a staples in my skincare lineup.

on 3/28/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Best eye make up remover ever, extremely gentle and with the shortest list of ingredients. It has never irritated or stung my eyes, removes even the toughest eye-liner and mascara and you can work it around the corner of the eye with a small cotton bud. It is easily found here in Italy in all major pharmacies (if not available they'll order it for you) or in all French chain supermarkets like Auchan for about 12 euros (250 ml bottle). It works like a treat for you skin if you want to team it with Liz Earle cleanser to finish off your cleansing routine with a muslin cloth. Your skin will thank you for that!

on 3/7/2011 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

onto my 2nd bottle- its amazing, its great for giving me a refresher- not the best for EYE makeup remover, but amazing on the face, its so refreshing

i love it- lasts me so long

only thing that bothers me is the cap breaks off easily

on 3/6/2011 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this!!!! I use it as a toner and when in a hurry to remove and touch up eye make up. Effortlessly removes make up. Its so cooling to the skin and very gentle and effective. No irritation, dryness, or weird skin reaction. Highly recommend.