Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 7/21/2010 5:15:00 AM

"THE" best make up remover for ANY skin type, JUST THE BEST. CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT. TANKS MUA!!

on 7/20/2010 10:09:00 AM

I brought a small bottle of this to try as I was traveling at the time and needed something to take all of my makeup off..

I don't like the smell. It smells like....plastic bottles! The cap is a flip top and you have to pour the product out of the hole and because it's liquid I do not like it as you end up with loads of product on your cotton pad. I always seem to pour out too much.

Overall I am satisfied with this product. I didn't think something that looked like water would take makeup off so well. Something about that I like, I guess without all the coloring and oils you don't feel like you're using too many chemicals just to take your makeup off. It doesn't leave you face feeling dry and tight nor is there any oil in it to make it feel greasy. It does what it says on the tin. I will repurchase the full bottle when I run out.

on 7/20/2010 6:58:00 AM

I use it as an eye makeup remover and it works great (though I don't use waterproof mascara). Its very soothing on the skin, never stings (unlike most others do on me) and it does a good job removing makeup. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I would then use it for the whole face too. Will buy again if I don't find anything cheaper of the same quality.

on 7/18/2010 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I will never go a day without this product. Feels like water, no residue left behind, and it takes off my eye make-up quite easily. I also use it on my skin in the morning instead of washing my face. Overall, a perfect product for my sensitive skin.

on 6/24/2010 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What it Claims:
"Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up. The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skinís balance (soap-free, physiological pH). Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing."

Claims - True or False?
1) Gently cleanses: True.
2) Removes water-resistant makeup: False.
3) Micro-emulsifies impurities: True.
4) Prevents the sensation of irritation: False.

Packaging:
Comes in a no-frills bottle with a flip-cap and small hole for dispensing the liquid. Flip-cap is secure enough for light traveling (the gym, a friend's) but would not recommend for distant traveling. The bottle itself is made of clear plastic, making it bathroom-friendly and ensures you can see how much is left. One major drawback: the design is not very appropriate for the cleanser itself, as it can cause an excess of product being dispensed. It can also be difficult to get it evenly distributed over your cotton ball/pad unless a lot is used. Recommend decanting into a spray bottle.

Consistency and Fragrance:
Looks and feels like water, although a tad slicker. No added dyes, clear. Very similar to a toner, and depending on your method of cleansing, I could see this being used as a toner instead of a cleanser, with a light hand. Dries quite quickly, and doesn't leave any noticeable film in terms of its feel. However, when rinsed off, you can clearly feel that there is a film left behind by the cleanser - somewhat slimey, and takes a while to get rid of (and it generally doesn't come off completely). No added fragrance, but there is a subtle, "clean" scent to it, like cleaning solution almost. Not too strong.

Bang for your Buck:
125ml bottle = $5.00CAD
250ml bottle = $22.00CAD
500ml bottle = $30.00CAD
Based on the pricing, I'd recommend looking for the 125ml or 500ml bottle, as the 250ml is basically a rip-off; four times the cost of the smallest bottle for twice the amount, and only 8 bucks cheaper than the largest, doubled bottle? No thank you! The nature of the product also means that quite a bit can end up being used, especially if you use it twice a day. You are supposed to use it as you would a toner, and use a saturated cotton until it comes back clean. I'd say that yo'd be lucky to get about 4-5 months out of the larger bottles with regular use, especially if you use it to help remove your makeup.

Final Consensus:
If you are in need of a simple, easy and no-frills cleanser, give this product a try. I do not recommend it for makeup removal, but only for gentle cleansing in the morning or on evenings you've gone bare-faced. Ironically, this cleanser was far too irritating and drying for facial use, and I will not repurchase. I did dabble with using it as a brush cleanser, which I liked, but it is not something I will repurchase for that use as it did not work well enough.
- Pros: Multiple sizes available, generally cleanses effectively, can remove some light makeup, great for fast cleansing, refreshing, works well for morning cleansing or post-gym cleansing, cleans makeup brushes well enough.
- Cons: weird pricing, drying, causes dryness and irritation on the eye area, does not remove most makeup well, contributed to irritation (both a combo of the ingredients and the use of a cotton pad), can leave a film on the skin, possibly bothered my acne, poor packaging choice, requires a lot of product with each use, not always easy to locate find locally.

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 6/24/2010 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What it Claims:

Claims - True or False?
1) Gently cleanses: True.
2) Removes water-resistant makeup: False.
3) Micro-emulsifies impurities: True.
4) Prevents the sensation of irritation: False.

Packaging:

Final Consensus:

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 5/18/2010 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Miracle in a bottle! It saved my sensitive skin which easily reacts to many cleanser. It also removes eye-make up easily. When I am lazy and sleepy, I use it all over my face and eyes and I am done. So easy!

on 5/15/2010 5:15:00 PM

I just love this makeup remover!
I use it for my eyes and my face and it's just great.
It feels really fresh,it doesn't burn my eyes at all.
I bought this product for a year,and I won't change for anything else.
The only con..it's the price (22$) VS the quantity (250 ML),you don't get a lot and you finish your bottle really fast (especially if you use it for both : eyes and face) but sometimes you have great deals like the 150 ML for 5$ or 500 ML for 30$,I immediately buy a couple of them.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product because Pixiwoo on YT mentioned she loves it, uses it on her clients and none have complained it was too harsh. I needed somehting for sensitive skin and I have not been disappointed. I bought it (250ml bottle) sometime last year and have yet to get to the middle of the bottle. I had to buy it from ebay.com, but I love this product. I use a cosmetic round, squirt a little, tap it on my eyelid and watch the makeup disappear. There's no rubbing furiously at all. I have to go over my eyeliner and mascara to extra times, but it all comes off.

on 4/28/2010 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I decided to give this product two lippies because it can be used as a makeup remover, but it's ability to make skin less reactive gets it an overall bad score. I have very sensitive skin and this irritated it. It does say on the bottle that you don't need to wash the product off... I realized my skin improved a bit after a did wash it off every time and it got much better when I stopped using it altogether. I continued using the Sensibio "moisturizer" for a while after and it did help in some respect (I did an experiment and used it on one cheek and a different moisturizer on the other -- if I ate something I was allergic to, I got the tell-tale rash, but it was less severe on the Sensibio side), but it didn't actually moisturize as my skin was very dry and I believe even the moisturizer caused some irritation. Thumbs down.