July 31, 2014 | 1961 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My poor skin is suffering from yet another unknown source allergy, this time it's seriously dry, red and itchy, with huge swollen patches, it gets to the point that I feel uncomfortable with even only water flowing down on my face, so using a foaming cleanser is not an option, I feel really depressed that it has to happen on my birthday, so I walked into the closest pharmacy looking for something to sooth my skin, this was recommanded to me, and plus, it's on sale now if you get the 500ml bottle, so I got one without thinking too much of it out of desperation, when I got home, I realized that I had to use it right away because I can't use anything else to clean my skin now, so I tried it using facial puffs I bought with it, to my surprise it's extremely gentle yet effective, it takes away everything, leaving your skin very clean without any sign of irritation.

I followed this procedure (recommanded by the pharmacist): Bioderma Sensibio H2O-- Avene Thermal Water (spray the whole face first, soak puffs with this water and put it on the irritated area for 2-3 minutes--NEO-TEC soothing cream-gel)

I felt quite nice afterwards, still a little bit itchy at times, but much better than last night, my one doubt about this Sensibil H2O is that, I don't think I can skip lotion after using this, I waited after spraying Avene water, just to see if I can skip lotion, but I felt dry very fast, so I still had to put on the soothing lotion, which is fine by me I guess, becasue I am only intending to use it as a makeup remover, (and a cleanser when my skin is irritated, like now)

I love the fact that there's no smell whatsoever in it, I tried the same kind of liquid makeup remover from Avene not long ago, and it obviously carries a smell, which is identical to all Avene products (how can they claim that it's fragrance-free?)

A fun fact about this product: In order to try it out, I put some lipstick on my hand in the pharmacy before buying it, then tried to remove it with this Sensibio H2O, I was really taken aback by how fast it removes the lip color on the back of my hand, which is why I decided to buy it.

I like it, but I think I will only use it as a makeup remover in normal times, which means, I will still lightly wash my face with cleanser afterwards, and put on toner and lotion as usual. (unless I am really too tired to do anything, I guess)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mascarasmudge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really really want to love this cleanser, but it just seems to be breaking me out around my chin. I bought a big bottle after trying a sample and being really impressed by how easy it was to use and gentle for my super sensitive skin. After about a month of using it, my skin is not looking great, when it's usually virtually blemish free.

I'm going to keep using up the rest of it and maybe try using a different moisturizer with it, and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'm afraid this is not the cleanser for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sw128

I bought this after reading so many model and industry recommendations. I'm a little underwhelmed. It takes off all your makeup, but only after much rubbing and tugging. I know you are supposed to soak your cotton ball with the stuff and wipe, but at 20 bucks a bottle, it's not cheap. And despite what others have said, it DOES leave a shinny film.

On the other hand, it takes off regular eye makeup better than anything else I've tried. I might repurchase just for taking off and fixing eye makeup. I can see how models and makeup artists can use tons of this stuff several times a day because it's so gentle, and hey, they can afford it because their skin is their life. But I just need something to take off makeup before bed, and for the price, it just doesn't do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by bathgirl803

I have used several bottles of this product and I just LOVE it. It is so easy to use. It cleanses very well.(except for removing mascara) It does not irritate and it doesn't try out your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by canintokyo

Wow-another such awesome product I just had to review it! Although I am a huge Guinot fan, one day I was in the drug store and was intrigued by this display. Here in Tokyo the price is outrageous...about Yen 3300 for the 250ml bottle....anyway I thought I'd try the Sensibio H2O as I have such sensitive skin. I had never tried a non foaming cleanser before, so this was a first for me...and I LOVED it!! Coupled with my wonderful and BIG Italian make up pads (Cotoneve brand in Maxi Quadri) this stuff really works to remove all my makeup and grime AND doesn't irritate my skin! Amazing!
I am moving back to Canada this year and can't wait as I hear it is MUCH cheaper there...YAY;) Try this in the small bottle first to see how you go, but I am sure you'll love it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Rhondann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is for the Canadians.
I just got this today at London drugs, BC.
Bioderma Sensibio h2o 250ml for 21.00.
So yes you can buy it in Canada at some of the local drug stores. It's too soon for me to rate it.
I see some people use water, I was told not too.
Update...2 weeks later I love it. It really has clear up my skin.
One downside you do go thru it fast.
I also started using there Sebium line..Gel Gommant Exfoliating Gel.
It's for mixed or oily skin. Purifying, smooth and exfoliating cleanser.
Well I don't have mixed or oily skin and it still works great on me.
Doesn't burn the face or dry it out. I wanted to stay with Sensibio line but they don't carry a scrub in their line.
I also use their Atoderm cream...a.m & p.m. It's a very heavy cream, so only for dry skin.
Anyways, I'm only using Bioderma products and love. Can't wait to buy more of their products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by miranets

This is a very unique type of cleanser, I have come across only foaming, gel, cream, etc etc but never a clear solution like this!! I have this in the non scented version which I like, as I think the scented Bioderma products can be quite sharp.

I am currently experiencing very dry and dehydrated skin during winter in the souther hemisphere, although I still have oily t zone so I like to have a deep but gentle cleanser. I switched from Cellcosmet cream cleanser (I will return to it in summer again!) and it has been nice for my skin for removing heavy creams and products which I use in the evenings, and the light makeup I use during the day. I never have to repeat cleanse even intough areas, although because of the very liquid texture much of it runs off the skin before you can emulsify so there is a little reapplication needed to get enough product on.

I don't get the same tautness as Cellcosmet and I can use this all over the body as well. I just don't like the bottle because it's like tipping water into the hands, very hard to control, and a lot more wastage. I can't imagine there to be an effective dispenser for a watery solution... adding any thickeners would nullify the cleansing properties.

Good value, multi purpose, I even use for my eyes which I normally need a gel cleanser for descaling the area. Has not caused any congestion or irritation for me, does not leave a film on the skin. Nice nice, simple and gentle! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

Although I like this product, I keep breaking out whenever I use it. At first I didn't think I could break out from this because the ingredients are pretty benign but after trying to use this on and off for 6 months, I break out within 2 days of using it. What's even more wierd is that I'm using this to precleanse. So I soak a cotton pad with it, wipe my face with it. Rinse. Then I use my regular cleanser. Rinse. I've broken out using it alone and using it with a cleanser afterwards. I've used the Shiseido cleansing water in the past which is similar to this with no problems. I do use it to get every bit of my mascara off and I'm ok doing that. I just can't use it on my face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jennyferr

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product, gets off my mascara/eye makeup, doesn't dry out my skin, no oily/filmy feel after. I can't ask for more! :) Highly recommended. Gentle along the lines of Cetaphil or Spectro Jel, but I find it cleans more effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

buy again? yessssss, the only product that I repeat always.

my doctor derma recommended me. It's the best cleanser that I have try. Very effective with the durty, but very nice an gentle with a sensitive, dehidrated or dry skin.
It put me a very nice sensation.
For face and eyes.