TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't actually own this product, but I was out of town for spring break with some people and my sister uses this in her hair. We all were trying out each others stuff, which is fun because you get to try new things!

My sister and I have completely different hair. Her hair is really long and very straight, fine in texture, but lots of it. It is also very soft and shiny and easily manageable. My hair is very curly, very dry and tends to be very frizzy and MUST be styled or I look like a wet dog! Also, she is a cheap-o when it comes to hair stuff, and I spend a lot of money on salon products because it's hard for me to find things that really work and I've wasted a lot of money just trying things from the drug store. For this reason I never really take her considerations for hair product very seriously because her hair is naturally beautiful and manageable and I feel like she can use any kind of junk and it looks good.

She has told me a few times that she swears by this stuff. I, myself, have been pretty loyal to my Beyond the Zone turn up the heat, but it didn't make it into my bag.

Like I said, I have very curly hair, but I blow dry it with a defuser everyday, and blow dry my bangs with a round brush. (sometimes I will also hit them with the flat iron). I sprayed this product on just the front section and blew them out - and I was shocked! It was so smooth and effortless. I didn't feel the need to flat iron my bangs, is was so smooth and frizz free! I used this for the duration of our trip and decided that I will buy this when I run out of my BtZ Turn up the heat because I think this actually gives me better results.

I also like the packaging better. The handle/trigger on the tresemme one is easier to hold and spray with one hand. TUtH it kinda of awkward to use one handed, especially if you are trying to get the back/under layers because of the shape (I am really small, and have small hands, maybe the makes a difference?) It can also leave the hair a little greasy feeling/looking if you use too much. That didn't happen at all with the tresemme - I didn't use it long enough to see if in the long therm is prevents damage, but I really didn't see any issues/difference in the condition of my hair, which is a good sign.

Price wise, the tresemme is just a little bit cheaper, but I think I need to use more product then Turn Up the Heat, so I'd say the two are pretty much the same price point, which sort of surprised me.

Long story short, I like it!

I have gone through numerous bottles of this stuff and it is AWESOME! The price is so good and even with daily use it lasts a few months. It really protects my hair, even though I flat iron it almost every day I never get any split ends. I only use it about halfway down my hair and not close to the roots. I definitely recommend this-especially for the price! Smells good too!

on 4/6/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I wasn’t sure about this product so I waited to see the difference in my hair. I am almost out of the product. I think it is a good hair protecting spray. Maybe is not the best one but for the price which is I think about 3 to 4 dollars I think is great. What I like about this product is that doesn’t live any residue in my hair. Trust me I have very oily scalp so I am really aware of products that live residue. This is not greasy or anything like that. I definitely would recommend this product. Just to add to the review I think the packaging is great I like that is a long and kind skinny bottle but can be difficult to travel with this kind a bottle.

on 4/3/2010 9:55:00 PM

Well this is a great product and let me tell you it works.It is a bit expensive for a drugstore product but it is worth it. I'm a bit iffy about the packaging because when ever i spray the nozzle the top starts to twirl off but its totally worth it I've seen major improvement to my ends and my hair feels a lot healthier. So if you don't have this yet you should totally get it.

on 3/25/2010 3:18:00 AM

Super cheap, smells great and works wonders for something that seems so insignificant. I have super long hair and I blow dry during the winters to not get sick... which in turn - damages the crap out of my hair...

A few spritzes of this stuff, and my hair does not pouf up like a lion, I don't have the frizzies, and I avoid looking unkempt when using it. I wait until my hair has dried to a slightly damp consistency [more on the dry side, I use the microfiber towels] and then re-hydrate the hair with this stuff...

Since it is a trigger spray bottle, it's semi-difficult to get at the right angles to spray the entire lengths of my hair while bent upside down, making sure I get even coverage throughout my hair. No bueno. Otherwise, I'm in love w/ this cheapo product. =D

on 3/21/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really like TRESemme in general, but this is the one product of theirs which I actually do find myself liking. My hair is prone to damage (it's chemically straightened and dyed) so a good heat protectant is a must for me when using hot tools. I straighten my hair about 2 times per week and this ensures that I recieve minimal damage to my hair. Obviously nothing will protect your hair completely, but this does a pretty good job. My hair feels soft after using it too, and not frizzy or fly-away.

on 3/21/2010 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A generally good product, definitely better ones out there. But I'm in love with the smell. It's made for every type of heating appliance, so it doesnt help with straightening or curling.

I love this stuff! I have thick, curly, frizzy hair that stops right below my shoulder blades. This stuff, while protecting it from heat damage, also relieves my hair of frizz and makes it so silky. I never realized how much of an impact it had, until I left back to college and forgot it at home (This was my second bottle of it). I had to wash my hair that night and without this product my hair was dry, tangled, and friizzzzzyyy. So, I immediately went on a hunt for more of this stuff. Sadly, I could not find it at Walmart (where I had originally bought it), but it was midnight, so I thought they might not of had it stocked yet. So I bought Aussie leave-in conditioner heat protecter stuff (which did not work at all, although I usually tend to love all aussie products) Then I was at Kroger, but couldn't find it either. I'm so worried that they discontinued it. I'm gonna try to find it at walgreens and rite aid. Hopefully I find it. Does anyone know if this has been discontinued?

on 3/20/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product about every other day since 2006. I love TREsemme Heat Tamer because it really does protect my hair and it smells good too. I dont have problems with it getting greasy or anything and it makes my hair a lot more managable it seems. I have long thick hair and this product rules and has helped me to grow it out and keep it healthy.

on 3/20/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been trying so hard to take good god care of my hair and since I have Curly hair I have to blow dry it every other day with a diffuser.

I bought this to use instead of my CHI Iron guard 44 and this stuff is great its not the same but it work fantastic on my curly hair. Its very light weight so my curls stay bouncy all day. I have been using it for about 1 month and so far so good. Its very cheap and I would recommended to every one out there.

Video Reviews & Tutorials