September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by yohanes

I've gotten this product a couple times and I do admit that the product works! This is a great heat protectant. And when considering the price, it is definitely more desirable then other popular heat protectants such as Chi.

My gripe with this product is the packaging. The spray is great and all, but my problem is that the bottle will leak! This might not be a problem for you if you do not travel often. Hell, it might not even be a problem unless you do not travel from one elevation to another. I do however, and both times I brought this with me, it exploded in my luggage. I'm assuming the same thing would happen if I flew with it. If Tresemme fixed this, I might repurchase. Until then, I'll shell out the cash for Chi.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by aznhoney

At first when I started using this, I thought, "this doesn't do anything. I don't even know why I use it." But I use it anyway whenever I straighten my hair (which is like everyday). So, I stopped using this for about a week or two because I just felt like not adding another useless step to my hair routine. But I've been noticing for the past couple of days how my hair has been so dry and it irritates the living crap out of me that I feel the need to have to wash it everyday, as compared to my usual every other day. I didn't figure out til today that it was probably because I stopped using a heat protectant when I style my hair. There might be something better out there so I'll find another one after I use this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mmartin07

I bought this today because I need to straighten my hair more often now since I recently got my bangs cut shorter. I just finished using it and I like it. I sprayed some on my hair before blow drying and some more before straightening with a flat iron and my hair looks a lot shiner and feels much softer. I can afford to spray a lot on because I have very thick and curly Latin hair. I am happy with this product and I would buy again. Keep in mind that no product will perform miracles if you don't take care of your hair and never cut it. This isn't supposed to be magical, it's there to keep healthy hair from becoming unhealthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by shelz88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't a bad product, and it does the job for a good price. I however, cannot stand the smell. After using it, i felt like my hair smelled awful. Maybe I used too much, but either way the smell bothers me, too chemically.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this product is the packaging and the fine mist action. I like my hair stick straight. I cant do that with this product. Thats a BIG problem and the reason why I won't use it anymore.
I used to use this when I blow dried and flat ironed my hair. At the time I didnt understand why I couldnt get my hair straight and keep it like that, but now I know, it was the Tresseme heat tamer. This WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR VOLUMINOUS AND V-E-R-Y BOUNCY. Now if you are into that, then go for it. But if you got thick, wavy or curly hair, and want to tame it down, this is NOT THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. It will frustrate your efforts and you will have to style your hair every time you want to go out, beacsue it will make your hair... elastic? Thing is, it will not hold your style. Waste of money. MAybe ill give it to my mother, she needs some volume..
Also over time, it makes your hair (...) Crunchy? Less shiny, sticky? I didn't like that too much either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ellogovna27

This is the first heat protectant spray I have bought and I really like this one. It makes my hair feel soft and doesn't weigh it down or make it sticky. It smells lovely. You can use it on both wet and dry hair. I will most likely buy this again, although I might want to try out some others because this wasn't the cheapest-- it was about $7. I like the spray nozzle. It doesn't shoot out one continuous spray so you have control over where it goes and how much comes out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by LexiLuscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This tresemme product is excellent for hair drying in my opinion. If you coat your hair down real nicely, especially the ends with this product, it'll really do the trick. However, I would suggest Tresseme's Straightening Therma Gel, it's a silicone based gel, really protects your hair and even keeps it straighter than no product whatsover. I always will be a big Tresemme fan :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I like this stuff. It's much cheaper than the high end heat protectants I have been using. I bought this based on a review I happened to see on MUA. Unfortunately, it took me a couple weeks to find a bottle. Although Tresemme products are sold everywhere, this was not at my local targets, walmarts, or grocery stores. I happened to stop at Walgreens last night and decided to check if they had it. Fortunatley, they did!

I think the bottle is a bit awkward to spray. They should have put a better handle.

Anyways, I followed the directions to spray it on before blow drying and then again before straightening or curling. My hair feels like it has a bit more hold and is a tiny bit softer than normal. Obviously, I can't vouch for the protection power immediately, but my hair feels just as good as if I had use high end products. I used this with Chi Silk Infusion (my liquid gold). I'll continue to purchase this.

Warning: Don't throw away the little black clip that comes with it. That black clip will save you from accidental sprays in your bag while traveling.

EDIT: I'm not impressed. After using for a couple weeks, my hair got really dried out. I switched to Nexxus and am much happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by obsessedamanda

The smell of this product is great!! I switch between this product and Chi heat protectant depending on how much heat I've used on my hair that day and I love this stuff. Actually, I love Tresemme hair products (not shampoo). They are so affordable and effective. This stuff really helps to prevent damage from my flat iron.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

two lippies for the nice smell and great packaging as the nozzle sprays and spreads the liquid nicely. An affordable price. After using this for about a month, I didn't see a difference so I'll go back to using Aveda. I wouldn't purchase again.