LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 10/13/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although I gave this Lush AOBS a very average rating, it's not a bad product just not the product for me.

It is defintley a nice product to try, just not my HG. Like some other MUA Users I mixed this with my cleanser (Paula's Choice) as I found it easier to form it in a paste then mixing with water. This is actually the type of cleanser I like, its creamy and natural leaves the skin soft, but honestly I can't be bothered going back to buy this all the time, or having to turn it into a paste, and me being so unco I end up dropping large chunks down the drain. I would recommend everyone to try this cleanser once, its only slightly grainy not harsh at all, so I think even sensitive skinned people could use it. Although I won't repurchase I do not regret trying this cleanser.

on 10/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

I was given this as a free sample and its amazing. My skin isnt particularly sensitive but there is always a couple of blemishes and after using this for a week, my skin is completely blemish free and so smooth and clear i no longer need foundation!
It is great value for money as you only need a tiny amount.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fan of natural and organic products, and I first tried this when I was given a sample. I have super sensitive skin, and Angels on Bare Skin was gentle and didn't irritate my skin. I used it as an exfoliator, but if you don't have sensitive skin, I don't think it would work as well. It reduced my pimples and blackheads, and I noticed that when I stopped using this product, I'd have a breakout. It also left my skin feeling soft and smooth, but note that it does not remove makeup. It smells like lavender, not smoky like another reviewer said. The packaging does leave a lot to be desired as I always get water in and it spoils the product a bit so i end up with a too runny consistency. It does last a long time, but as it's a bit pricey I have switched.

on 9/25/2008 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this. It's definitely my "holy grail" of face wash. I couldn't stand the smell at first, but I've gotten used to it. It makes my face feel cleaner than any other face wash I've used in the past. I'd be so sad if they ever discontinued this!

on 9/14/2008 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is simply the best cleanser I've ever used. I love it!

on 9/14/2008 4:11:00 PM

I never could use a pea sized amount, it would never work out, so I just used a bit more. I'd then smush it up in my palm with water and wash my face. It did remove everything, was gentle, and the ground almonds were the right size to exfoliate without causing damage to the skin. My skin was soft and smooth after using. I am somewhat acne prone, but more clogged pores than zits or pimples, and this did neither to my skin. If it didn't have an expiration of four months, it would be my go to cleanser.

on 9/12/2008 10:32:00 PM

AOBS is without a doubt my HG cleanser. I've been using it for years and never stray from it even though there are fancier cleansers on the market that tempt me when I walk into Sephora *except* when it comes to removing my makeup (on the rare occasions when I wear makeup), in which case I use Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.

While AOBS is a bit strange to work with at first, you get used to it pretty quickly. I take a blob about the size of 2 peas in a cupped hand and gradually add water to it a tiny bit at a time, smashing it and stirring it as I go until it's a paste with some milky water surrounding it, then I apply it to my (wet) face, putting a glob on each cheek, my nose, my forehead and my chin. Then I gently rub it in circles for 30 seconds or so (more if my face is really dirty) and then rinse it off in the shower.

It makes my face incredibly soft and smooth, never breaks me out or irritates my sensitive skin, smells wonderful (to me, but I understand the herbal smells isn't everyone's cup of tea) and doesn't taste terrible if you accidentally get it in your mouth.

I've also found that it stores very well for extended periods of time. It doesn't seem to dry out as long as the container is kept closed and works just as well months after purchase as immediately after.

While I've given up on a lot of LUSH products as being overpriced (especially in light of their ever increasing prices) and not worth the cost (they make nice stuff, no doubt about that, but it's not all worth it to me), AOBS is worth every penny to me and I don't see myself ever moving on to another cleanser.

I love this cleanser. I switch between this and Fresh Farmacy so my skin doesn't get too try. This cleanser has just enough exfoliation in it to make my face feel wonderful!

on 9/3/2008 5:07:00 AM

I have an oily t-zone and my skin is prone to acne on chin as well as the t-zone. I've used this for a week now and I'm amazed! Although it is somewhat like a scrub, it's pretty mild compared to let's say Queen Helene's Mint Julep Scrub and the horrible St Ives Apricot scrub which made my skin horrid. It's so gentle but really awesome!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am still on the fence about this cleanser.
The first time I used it, my skin was sooooo soft afterwards! It's a bit awkward to use it the first time, but after a few uses, I learned how to use it well.
But at the time, I was out of toner and moisturizer, and this dried my face out pretty badly. My chin mostly was peeling pretty badly. I hope that after I get some moisturizer, my skin will be a lot better.