November 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Just repurchased this, and I really like that a small amount can go a long way with this product. It is a bit crumbly, but it is gentle. I have sampled coal cleanser as well, but that is much aggressive than this even though they are both for all skin types. This cleanser is probably good for sensitive skin as well as normal/combo people like me. I like that it leaves my face fresh but exfoliated making it an ideal daily cleanser. Packing is not so great in the little container LUSH provides, but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using AOBS for about two years now. It is my HG morning cleanser/daily exfoliator. I wouldn't use it at night because it's not a make up remover and makes no claims to be. And really, who wants to rub ground almonds in their eyes? I get complimented a lot on my skin, even by total strangers. At 51 this makes me very happy. I give a fair share of credit to AOBS (along with other facial products and lucky genes).

The messy? I use it in the shower every morning. Any mess goes right down the drain. I don't find it drying or too 'rough' because I use it gently. That's my face I'm scrubbing, not the kitchen floor. The mixing it with water thing is easy to figure out and leaving the product in it's drier state until it's used helps preserve it, not to mention saving on storage space and shipping costs.

The packaging? It isn't a glamourous little jar but who needs more sh!t for the landfill. It's a little snap lid plastic container you can put in recycle when it's empty. As far as the time the product is good for, I get mine once or twice a year in Portland OR (I'd rather drive the two+ hours to south to Portland than the hour it would take me to get 40 miles north into downtown Seattle). I bring it home and store all but the one I'm currently using in the fridge and none of it has ever gone bad.
I love this stuff. I will use it until the day I die hopefully (are you listening LUSH? NO DISCONTINUING!!!!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodnes, could this be for-real HG status LOVE after only a week of using?!

I must admit that I bought AOBS on a bit of a whim after asking a sales associate at LUSH to recommend a good cleanser for my normal (yet lately rather dry between my eyes) skin. She lovingly referred me to AOBS, gave me a demo using it along with Imperialis (will definitely buy this soon) and Au Roma Water toner. She instructed me to only use a cleanser at night...so that's what I've been doing. Figuring out how to get this stuff to the right consistency is tricky...but since I watched the SA do it during the demo, I was ahead of the game.

I'm so crazy about this product. It's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen -- DH commented that I looked like I was smearing vomit all over my face in the shower the other night -- but the smell is fantastic (just enough lavender...it's such a soothing smell!) and the overall product payoff is amazing. My skin has never felt so soft, smooth, supple and just downright PRETTY! I was feeling like maybe I needed to make an appointment for a facial or something...my skin was seeming so lackluster after the cold winter... But MAN! This absolutely revived it!

Providing that this stuff doesn't eventually make me breakout...I am SO sold on this product! Even the price isn't bad...11 bucks gets you more product than you'll use in the three months it takes it to expire. I've started sharing my tub with my DH and have even sampled some of it out to coworkers. Would definitely buy again, absolutely!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by cdid

I really love how it makes my skin so soft, smooth and less oily. The price is not as cheap as the drugstore ones, especially as I am a student, but it will last long because you only need a little and it is so worth it :) . Now the big problem is I will have to go back to my home country after I finish my study here in UK and there is no Lush store in Malaysia :( . I know I can order online but the postal price is so expensive! Please, please, please open a store in Malaysia coz I don't think I can survive without this thing :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Okay, its a bit of a pain to use and if you use too much water, it can run down your forearms, all the way to the elbows. What does that matter? I'm always willing to put of up the quirks of some products to get the result i want. Its rare that a product will do exactly what it says it will do and AOBS delivers every time. I've been a devoted fan of this for about 6 years now and can honestly say it doesn't irritate my temperamental skin and leaves it silky smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by 011705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using AOBS for about two weeks now. It was my first Lush purchase. I really wanted to love this. I love the smell, herbal. It has evened out my skin tone and nearly all my red marks have disappeared but I'm more than sure it's the reason for the sudden massive break out on my forehead and 3-4 huge whiteheads on my cheeks. I always give everything a longer go but I can't anymore. I switched over to Herbalism. I'll see how that goes, although not nearly as pleasant smelling as AOBS.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by catteys

I really love it =) It can make my skin very soft and smooth! The smell is nice and relaxing. However, the texture is very hard to spread. My boyfriend said it looked like vomit lol Also, I dont think that it can cleans off my sunscreen or make up so I only use it in the morning. Anyway I'd still buy it because it's a nice product with totally natural ingredients =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by rachchen

Smells lovely, feels luxurious, but is the only skincare product to ever break me out in big red painful spots. Incredible, because I am rarely sensitive to products or breakout from them. Certainly not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by anniee19

I have only been using this for about a week, but I absolutly love it! My face feels so soft when I use this in combination with Imperialis moisturized. It is not at all drying, and I love the texture for light exfoliating.
The packaging takes some getting used to, but is definitly worth it for the product inside!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I initially found this crumbly and hard to work with until I got the hang ot it. Worried a bit at first that this would hurt my mature/combo/sensitive skin but I am only using it a couple of times a week. First I use Ultrabland, and follow with this and a soothing mask. I have tried formulating this product from my own kitchen with ground almonds, green clay, glycerin, rosewater, a drop of lavender oil and a few drops of Burt's Repair Serum with good effect, since there is no Lush store in my town. But it is not quite as good as the Lush version. Highly recommend. I also use Retin A and this helps with the flakies without hurting my skin - so long as I don't go over 2X per week.