Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/15/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought the tin container was a cute idea but not smart because it has no lock! This is not a 'throw in your bag' kind of container, it WILL pop open. I thought the product itself was below an OKAY. The smell of the product was horrible, it gave me a head ache. Too strong.

I use this all thoughout winter, I tend to get flacky itchy skin that feels tight as soon as I get out the shower. After using this my skin is an even tone baby smooth texture. It does feel a bit greasy but your skin absorbs it quickly! Well mine does only because its thirty for moisture! Lol. I wouldn't recommend using this during summer especially where I live only because its too thick and might make you sweat. I use this all year round on my hands and cuticles. I like the smell of it against just out the shower skin it smells fresh to me:)

on 4/12/2010 12:55:00 PM

Nivea moisturizers (all of them) are by far my favorites. I especially love Nivea Creme because it is like a body butter. I apply it anywhere my skin needs extra moisture, like lips, elbows, hands, heels, knees, etc. Sometimes I apply it around my eyes in the evening, after removing my make up. I wake up then with a soft skin but I think if this is applied to your face you have to wipe the excess oil with a toner. I love the packaging and smell and I think the European version is the best (esp. the German one). I wouldn't apply this to an oily face but it works divinely for other body parts.

on 4/12/2010 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This cream is a very effective moisturizer, and I'm on my 3rd container! I don't use it on my face, as I think it would clog my pores; however, I use it on my heels, elbows, and hands. I find that it is especially helpful for dry, cracked feet (to heal it as well as prevent it), and I always make sure I have a container of this stuff in order to keep the problem under control. I didn't find it excessively greasy- it is greasy when you first put it on, but then it seems to dry off a bit after a few minutes. And I love the scent of it too, which is a scent that is classic to the Nivea products. This product is highly recommended by me!

this cream is a bit thick so unless you have dry skin it will be greasy for facial use
however I use it on my face during winter when my skin get dry.
for body care it is very good for all skin types and for all ages
it is one of the classic goodies that I kept on buying since childhood

on 4/12/2010 7:32:00 AM

Ok , so i swear by this cream and ive always used it on my face , ive never heard of using this anywhee else on your body but il give it a go , i use it every night and wake up with skin so soft and when i do wear makeup , although very rarely i use this cream because it gives me the smoothest base to put my foundation on but you have to wear a powder or you end up looking too shiny , i have normal skin and i think if you have oily skin then steer well clear but if dry then this could be your holy grail moisturiser , i hope this helps people x

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

thick and creamy.
strong scent
moisturizing
greasy

on 4/12/2010 3:54:00 AM

I wash my hands a ton and they tend to get really dry. In the winter I get gross cracks in my skin. When this happens I know it's b/c I have been neglecting to use my Nivea.

I have tried SO many different moisturizers and this is by far the best. I love the fact that it is super moisturizing but doesn't make my hands feel *too* greasy. I have a big tub at home and one of the baby 99 centers in my purse. Now THAT thing was SUCH a great find!

I only use this on my hands so I can't speak to it's effectiveness on the face or elsewhere.

on 4/12/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

hated it. made me breakout. WAY WAY too greasy, gave me an oily look.

on 4/12/2010 2:47:00 AM

I'm from Europe, Holland to be exactly. So I'm reviewing the German version. We use this Nivea creme for everything, but we DON'T punt it on our faces. That's what I thought untill recently. I discovered that there is a group of people that does put it on their faces, and it works! I thought it would be way to greasy for my face. It isn't , I put it on at night and in the morning my face is sooo soft! And it doesn't cause break outs! I use toner to wipe the grease away and after that I apply Nivea Soft for the day, another great product from Nivea that I use all over my body!