Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/28/2010 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This creme is way too thick and greasy for me. It smells good but is a little too heavily scented.

on 2/21/2010 8:50:00 PM

I keep one of the 0.99 one by my bed and one in my purse. For the price, nothing works better to keep my hands silky smooth. Before bed, I slather the stuff all over my feet and then put on socks to seal in the moisture overnight. I like the little tin, as well as the baby powder scent. Excellent product.

on 2/17/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought a 15 ml travel size tin of this for 99 cents Canadian, and so far I'm pleased. It's cheap and it's very rich. I've used this as a night cream for the last two nights, and while I think it might break me out/clog my pores if I used it all the time, it's worked great so far. I woke up with noticably softer and smoother skin. I tend towards dry skin, though, so if you have oily skin you might not want to use it on your face.

on 2/13/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

ok as moisterizer ...its good..but you have to use very very little and pat it in to your skin...im on the Jojohba oil now

ill use this as body moisterizer

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm reviewing the German version, which I bought from London Drugs in Canada.

Great moisturizer -- I use it on my face and lips and have no complaints. It is greasy upon initial application to my face, but after a while, it all gets absorbed (on me anyway) and the greasy look disappears. I don't like using it on my hands as much, but it works great on my feet before bedtime (socks on after applying).

I used to use Cetaphil lotion and barrier cream but found it wasn't moisturizing enough, so this has become my favoured facial cream when skin gets too dry.

I am reviewing the one made in Canada (as it states on the tube, it came in a Christmas package). This is also for the tube (not tub, I use this on my face so I'd rather not).
It took me awhile to jump on this band wagon but I'm glad I did.
I don't use this daily. I use a 8% glycolic acid night cream, but sometimes it makes my skin flake (diet/weather/hormones) and I had no luck to calm it down. None of my other heavy duty moisturizers helped it, I couldn't exfoliate this dead skin away. It eventually would go away but it bothered me for the time it was there.
But now, whenever that happens, I just gently exfoliate with a washcloth and slather this all over my face.
Yes, it is pretty greasy. I prefer to do it awhile before bed so my face doesn't stick to my pillow. You're going to want to rub this one in, or else you will be a white, streaky mess.
The smell doesn't bother me and I'm sensitive to fragrance. I have dry, sensitive skin but relatively clear. I think this would be fine for anybody to use on occasion. Perhaps not constant use for oilier types.
I like this as a cream for other parts such as feet, hands, elbows and so on. Again, save the hands until nighttime or else you'll leave a mess on everything you touch.

on 2/8/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the German made product.

First, just let me say that given all the raves, I REALLY wanted to like this product. Also, I wanted to find that one, reasonably priced cream to address all my winter skincare needs (face excluded). Sadly, this product failed miserably. Here's why:

1.) Too thick. And not in the good way. In the bad way, where you're still working the stuff in 3 minutes later. After doing my feet and knees I was exhausted.
2.) The smell. Delightful but way too strong and lasting.

Well, at least the tin was nice.

on 2/8/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the German made product.

2.) The smell. Delightful but way too strong and lasting.

3.) The result. Just wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. I currently use their "Essentially Enriched" (American made) lotion and the results are far superior. No kidding.

Well, at least the tin was nice.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been using this stuff for years. It is one of my HG products. I use this every night for my hands & feet. When I wake up they're soft and smooth. It's a great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this 4 lippies only because I hardly ever use it. I got it at a drugstore for .99. It was a small tin, bit the big plastic jar. I use it only when my skin is to the point of flaking, not as a normal moisturizer. I would never slather this on my face. I use this on my eyelids, and on my smile lines when ever the winter dryness really kicks in. I use it only at night, and the next morning and my dryness is quenched. I would buy it again, but it's likely I won't need to because such a small tin will last so very long.