Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/12/2010 7:32:00 AM

Ok , so i swear by this cream and ive always used it on my face , ive never heard of using this anywhee else on your body but il give it a go , i use it every night and wake up with skin so soft and when i do wear makeup , although very rarely i use this cream because it gives me the smoothest base to put my foundation on but you have to wear a powder or you end up looking too shiny , i have normal skin and i think if you have oily skin then steer well clear but if dry then this could be your holy grail moisturiser , i hope this helps people x

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

thick and creamy.
strong scent
moisturizing
greasy

on 4/12/2010 3:54:00 AM

I wash my hands a ton and they tend to get really dry. In the winter I get gross cracks in my skin. When this happens I know it's b/c I have been neglecting to use my Nivea.

I have tried SO many different moisturizers and this is by far the best. I love the fact that it is super moisturizing but doesn't make my hands feel *too* greasy. I have a big tub at home and one of the baby 99 centers in my purse. Now THAT thing was SUCH a great find!

I only use this on my hands so I can't speak to it's effectiveness on the face or elsewhere.

on 4/12/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

hated it. made me breakout. WAY WAY too greasy, gave me an oily look.

on 4/12/2010 2:47:00 AM

I'm from Europe, Holland to be exactly. So I'm reviewing the German version. We use this Nivea creme for everything, but we DON'T punt it on our faces. That's what I thought untill recently. I discovered that there is a group of people that does put it on their faces, and it works! I thought it would be way to greasy for my face. It isn't , I put it on at night and in the morning my face is sooo soft! And it doesn't cause break outs! I use toner to wipe the grease away and after that I apply Nivea Soft for the day, another great product from Nivea that I use all over my body!

on 4/7/2010 10:25:00 PM

I purchased this product after seeing a review on Blogdorf Goodman regarding the German version of the creme. I managed to get my hands on a small pot of the German version and it's come in so handy this past winter. You only need a little bit to moisturize your face and any other part that needs moisture. It's very rich and the scent is not overly feminine.

on 4/6/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
very moisturizing - my skin feels ultra soft and smooth just after the first night.
small size is only 99cents - cheap and sold at the drugstores so it's easy to get a hold of.

Cons:
bad packaging - the lid can easily slip off. For me it's not a problem since I have it in my bathroom, but it's inconvenient if you want to have it in your purse or for travel.
greasy - when I layer more product, my face feels all greasy... and even when there's a little on my face, it's still a little greasy.
slow absorbing - it doesn't dry and get into the skin that fast. very slow, actually. even after a bit of time, there's still the residue/greasy/oily feeling.

Well. Despite all the cons, I still love this product because of what it does to my skin. So moisturizing and soft. It's best for nighttime, since it feels all greasy. I only had this in the winter too, so if I ever use this in broad daylight, I can only imagine the outcome of that.

Will repurchase!

on 4/6/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good moisturizer. In winter, my mother often used nivea soft at night and it was really effective (she has dry skin and in winter, her hand chap). Plus, it's cheap. But when I used it, it made my face oily after ten minute. So I think, if you have dry skin like my mother, you should try it

on 4/4/2010 8:02:00 PM

thick and moisturizing especially if you have dry skin. I like to use it during the winters and i put a thick layer on before going to bed. by the time i wake up, my skin is soft.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This creme is very thick, I out it on and I can still feel it on my hands and it's not very absorbable. Also I think the smell it terrible.