Chanel No.5

3.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with Rosehillcottage that you either love No.5 or hate it. I LOVE IT. But I can see why people would say it smells old lady like, but since I'm young I can get away with it ;) It makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe, deff a classic fragrence. I hope Chanel never discontinues it!!

one of the worst perfumes I have ever worn. is meant for the monroe era- its an ancient relic that needs to be discontinued so that suckers like my dh don't ever buy it again. spend your money on something better. its a horror.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Hands down, one of the worst things I have ever smelled. It smells of stagnant water, and perhaps mildew. To each their own!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Strictly for the over 60 crowd!!!

This is not an easy fragrance to understand. On me, it is an enigmatic mix of ylang-ylang, neroli, spice and sweetness. But which spices? No cinnamon listed. Which sweet base? Vanilla or amber? I must say, I don't know. This is a soft, pliable fragrance that wraps itself around my wrist like a warm, plastic substance, soft and almost doughy. It is a scent that is man-made which feels utterly natural. A unique classic from Chanel. Parfum strength is the only concentration strong enough for me. See if it works for you.

I am not quite sure what the big fuss is over Chanel No. 5. Like many other reviewers, I hate old-lady fragrances. This reeks of circa 1927. I totally adore Coco Mademoiselle or Chance over this "classic" fragrance. Save your money and buy another scent from the Chanel line, or better yet- from a different line.

Classic sophisticated scent. Scent is subjective, so it's hard to review. Long-lasting. Definitely not a girlish or sweet fragrance. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn for reasons unknown to me.

I hate old lady scents. And this is one of them, BUT... I must say that this fragrance smells lovely on my friend. I think people either love Chanel No. 5 or hate it. I don't like it on me at all, it smells too much like powder. And I hate the smell of powder. I'll stick with my Creed fragrances which I absolutely love!

Got this as a sample from sephora...yuck! IMO, it was just so overpowering...maybe this is more of a generational scent?

Popular Fragrances