August 30, 2014 | 1014 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my face and hair. For both i dilute Braggs organic unpasteurised unfiltered apple cider vinegar that i purchase at whole foods and what a difference it makes. It clears up pimples in no time and it really brightens up my highlighted hair better than any thing else.

UPDATE:causes very dry skin if over used so now i use it once a month or there abouts

UPDATE:stopped using this as it is proving to be too harsh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this as a toner after reading all the glowing reviews here. my skin is a prime test candidate seeing as it's got the whole kaboodle: scars, blackheads, oiliness, inflamed pimples, you name it - it's probably on my face at some time during the month. I didn't use any essential oils, just 2/3rds ACV and 1/3 strong green tea. It stunk to high heaven, and it made my eyes water with the vinegar fumes, but I persevered for several weeks. Unfortunately for me, obviously a minority here, I've not noticed any really positive effect at all. My skin has its up-weeks and down-weeks just like it always has, no noticeable improvement in skin texture or tone. One positive thing I can say for it - fantastic to use on days with humid, hot, uncomfortable weather, I find this has a brilliant drying and "cleaning" effect that lasts a few hours at least on my impossibly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarysugarcake

So, I've been using the ACV for almost two months now. The first few weeks, I didn't notice any difference...until I went to the Dominican Republic on vacation and did not bring ACV with me. By the time I got back, I had some nasty, greasy, clogged pores on and around my nose (too much sunblock?). Ew. I thought nothing could help since I had been scrubbing with aspirin the entire time I was in D.R. and it didn't help. Oh, how wrong I was! After a week of nightly ACV use, my skin was noticibly better. Another week later, it was awesomely glowing. So much so, that a friend told me I looked so "fresh" despite a long day of grad classes. Wow. I'm fresh? Who knew? The combination of the aspirin scrub and ACV has definately cleared up acne, dramatically reduced blackheads and made my skin so soft and smooth. I don't dilute it and yes, it smells soooooo disgusting but as long as it works, I could care less about the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has done better than any acne treatment that I've tried. (retin-a, differin) I fill a small, plastic cup with water, add a cap of ACV and half a cap of tea tree oil. The smell goes away with the TTO. I noticed a dramatic difference in the texture and clarity of my skin in a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Jany

Thank you to Carekate for this recipe. I tried this a couple of times and didn't really see the difference but now after using it on my skin for a few weeks my skin is amazing. My pores have been minimised and my skin is glowing. It has also faded some red marks that I had on my chin. It does smell but with the ylang ylang and lemon oil, it's not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SGreen139

I'm very impressed with this. I was hesitant to try it because the smell of apple cider vinegar is, in my opinion, one of the worst on earth, and I just didn't know if I could stand to apply it twice a day. However, I followed Carekate's recipe and made it with green tea, lemon and ylang-ylang essential oils, and also threw in five uncoated aspirin, and the smell is much more tolerable. I've been using it twice a day for about three days now, and am already seeing a big difference. Although my acne marks aren't quite fading yet (the real reason I wanted to try this toner) the rest of my skin is starting to look brighter and more evenly toned, and I'm also less oily. My skin feels so smooth and soft. I will definitely keep using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh! What a miracle this is!! I can't put into words what this product means to me. I heard about it on the boards and I sure didn't believe it would do anything for my skin. But I decided to give it a shot because I was getting desperate to find something that would make my acne diminish and I found it in Apple Cider Vinegar. Who would have thought? It makes my bathroon stinky for a little while after using it, but I don't care about that seeing the results I've gotten from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ladyredcheeks

I am so grateful for this product. In conjunction with Queen Helene's mint mask,it has really cleared up my acne. I love it. I'm even getting used to the smell and its so cheap, which is great when you're a stident like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Rain7

I would buy this product again, but only to cook/bake with. I tried it as a facial toner, and didn't see any amazing or even good results from it. I still woke up the next morning with the same acne, no better. The worst part of using it was the stomach-turning smell, which my husband (and I) couldn't stand, even after it had dried. Even if it had worked as well as I had hoped, I wouldn't use it again, just for that reason. I will, however, use it in my favorite recipes:)UPDATE: I tried this the other night on a horrible rash under my nose, and it did absolutely nothing. I'm glad it works for some, though. I'm not sure how anyone tolerates the horrible smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by bahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did not work for me. It smells terrible and irritated my rosacea and acne-prone skin to the max.