July 24, 2014 | 1783 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SGreen139

I'm very impressed with this. I was hesitant to try it because the smell of apple cider vinegar is, in my opinion, one of the worst on earth, and I just didn't know if I could stand to apply it twice a day. However, I followed Carekate's recipe and made it with green tea, lemon and ylang-ylang essential oils, and also threw in five uncoated aspirin, and the smell is much more tolerable. I've been using it twice a day for about three days now, and am already seeing a big difference. Although my acne marks aren't quite fading yet (the real reason I wanted to try this toner) the rest of my skin is starting to look brighter and more evenly toned, and I'm also less oily. My skin feels so smooth and soft. I will definitely keep using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh! What a miracle this is!! I can't put into words what this product means to me. I heard about it on the boards and I sure didn't believe it would do anything for my skin. But I decided to give it a shot because I was getting desperate to find something that would make my acne diminish and I found it in Apple Cider Vinegar. Who would have thought? It makes my bathroon stinky for a little while after using it, but I don't care about that seeing the results I've gotten from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ladyredcheeks

I am so grateful for this product. In conjunction with Queen Helene's mint mask,it has really cleared up my acne. I love it. I'm even getting used to the smell and its so cheap, which is great when you're a stident like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Rain7

I would buy this product again, but only to cook/bake with. I tried it as a facial toner, and didn't see any amazing or even good results from it. I still woke up the next morning with the same acne, no better. The worst part of using it was the stomach-turning smell, which my husband (and I) couldn't stand, even after it had dried. Even if it had worked as well as I had hoped, I wouldn't use it again, just for that reason. I will, however, use it in my favorite recipes:)UPDATE: I tried this the other night on a horrible rash under my nose, and it did absolutely nothing. I'm glad it works for some, though. I'm not sure how anyone tolerates the horrible smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by bahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did not work for me. It smells terrible and irritated my rosacea and acne-prone skin to the max.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find Bragg's, so I settled for a generic brand apple cider vinegar. The scent is pretty bad, but fades quickly. I've been using this for two-three weeks and there hasn't been drastic improvement, but it does seem to help with clogged pores, pimples, and has a mild effect on my blackheads. It seems to really help balance out my skin (in terms of dryness and oiliness) and gets rid of makeup well. It's incredibly cheap (around a dollar at my grocery store) and more effective than brand name toners. So repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MissDuniya

I used this about 1 month ago with ACV and water. Then I changged the mixture and instead of water I mixed it with green tea. I did this morning and night. I saw amazing results the first few days. The breakouts on my forehead were completely gone. Then it stopped working...maybe it was the green tea. So I stopped using the toner for about 1-2 weeks. So now I use this organic green tea that I get from Wild Oats and only use this at night, every night. This has worked better than anything else that I have bought, and believe me I have bouht hundreds of products.
I also think this and the aspirin mask together in a person's skin regime works wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this toner off and on for a couple months, it's not for me. First of all, it irritates the hell out of my skin, and I think that it's caused me to break out even more, i have a bunch of tiny red pimples all over my forehead (which does not usually happen to me), and it smells. My family cannot stand the smell. they say it smells like dirty, sweaty feet. it's never reduced the size of any pimples at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bebop442000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HOLY COW! I had a cystic like pimple (no head) forming on the hollow of my left cheek....you know the kind: red, painful and lumpy and hard to the touch. I dabbed my ACV toner on it everynight w/a q-tip and then put a layer of my duac gel (clindamycin and BP) over it and it never got bigger. instead it slowly shrank and 4 days later its just a flat red dot on my face on its way out....4 days compared to normally 2 weeks or more! It could have been the duac gel but i doubt it b/c its never worked this well before on its own on these kinds of pimples. I use 1/3 ACV + 2/3 strongly brewed green tea and store it in the fridge. I use it as a toner every other night and from now on will be using it as a spot treatment for nasty pimples! yay ACV!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by alias86

ok...this stuff is seriously scaring me with how well it works. I have combination skin and I usually have at least one or two pimples.
I used it ONCE after washing my face 2 nights ago and then last night after my shower I took out my Tweezerman blackhead/whitehead extractor thing to do my nose and...there was nothing to take out! I just stared in disbelief at the mirror. This stuff cleared up virtually all my blackheads and blemishes OVERNIGHT!!!!! Needless to say, I love this stuff! I followed some of the recipe things posted, but here is what I did:
I mixed about 1/3 ACV (the unfiltered kind) with 2/3 strong green tea and then added around 3-4 drops lemon oil, 5 drops tea tree oil, and 5 drops jojoba oil (just cuz I had it so I thought I'd put it in there). I store it in the fridge and everynight after washing my face I pat it on and let it dry. It doesn't smell that great but it's at night, so who cares. I've only used it twice and my skin is completely cleared up. I keep checking in the mirror to make sure I'm not hallucinating.
I also have been drinking vinegar (NOT the toner I made for my face, just the vinegar, don't drink the toner!) 1-2 times a day b/c it's supposed to be good for like everything...weight loss, your skin, your heart, acid reflux or whatever. I put 2 tsps in a glass of warm water along with a bit of honey. It's still sort of nasty because I don't put in that much honey but it's not unbearable, sort of sour but feels good. It's good in V8, I actually like the taste of V8 better with it in it.
Yay for this stuff! will be using for the rest of my life if it doesn't stop working (I'll keep my fingers crossed)...

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No