November 21, 2014 | 1688 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by mspb

This product initially irritated my face (I'm both breakout-prone and VERY sensitive). I discovered that if I use this ONLY on my forehead and chin (where I'm most apt to get zits) and either another non-salicylic-containing foundation or powder everywhere else, the irritation does not occur.

When it becomes a bit too drying, I decrease the amount I use. This foundation is one of only two products which leave my face with a matte finish for the entire (8hrs) work day - with no need for blotting papers.

As for the color, I bought the wrong color the first time (I usually wear the lightest color - regardless of the brand). It looked horrible - like I was sick. But, once I went for a warmer (but still light) shade, it looked perfect. I don't even have to be careful about blending.

One other important note...NEVER put this near your eyes or on your eyelids. While it does not have the same amount of salicylic acid as true medications, it still has enough to cause burning and peeling of the affected skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 6:30:00 PM More reviews by whengophersgobad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG.
I absolutely LOVE This fabulous foundation! This is coming from a girl whose makeup NEVER EVER stays on, whose oily skin ruins every makeup job and whose face turns into a greaseball by 12 PM. Well, not with this stuff. It's amazing. I didn't believe there was a liquid foundation that would not make my face feel greasy and oily after a few hours. I don't know if it really does heal blemishes, but when I used it regularly my face was pretty much flawless which is unusual because I normally have at least SOME blemishes or something. Well, then I slept in my makeup and my skin got worse :-/, but the foundation was definitely not to blame for that one. I have this color in Golden, and it is a perfect match for my dark olive complexion. Which is always usually a problem for me! But seriously, get this foundation if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by tines

I have this in Warm. It's not really blemish healing but I don't expect that from a foundation anyway. At least, I didn't get additional breakouts which I would usually get from other foundations. It's good for normal to oily skin type. Consistency is thin and coverage is light. No mask-like feeling and it didn't make my skin itchy. I wore it in the morning on a hot summer day and it stayed til evening with a couple of oil tissue blotting. However, it accentuated 1 or 2 lines on my face which I didn't even notice I have until I used this foundation. On the bright side, on good skin days, I look awesome! =) I just make sure I don't apply it on that particular area of my face. I'll keep this foundation though but I'm deducting 1 lippie for the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great foundation for oily-acne prone skin. It blends well, nice colors (yellow undertones) and isn't expensive. This is my HG for oil control. Moisturize well before applying because it can accentuate flakey and dry patches. Nice finish (but for finish i prefer Chanel Double Perfection cream to powder). I don't know it this product helps with blemishes, but definetely it doesn't produce more... The package is a crap...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kashmir0_2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Broke out after 1 day

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by StarStorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation but the colour range is very limited. The foundation goes on very smooth. I found that the quality is very close to Relvon's Colour Stay except that Clear Complexion is easier to blend. In overall, I might re-purchase this again until I find my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Wildchild147

I really hate this product because it doesn't help blemishes at all. I have just simple foundation that helps my acne better than that. It doesnt stay on well at all. The colors wont stay and the package is made of glass, which makes it VERY easy to break. Some people might have clear skin after usin this but for me it didn't work at ALL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay I love this product for my oily/acne clogged pore/black head prone skin. Before using it I did the over night paper test. I put a dab of this and some other oil free foundations on a piece of white computer paper and let them sit over night. Out of 6 foundations high and low end this one had not the slightest oil ring around it and the others having at least a centimeter of oil around them. I put it on in the morning and the coverage is beautiful and looks flawless. My skin does not feel greasy or sticky, and it lasts ALL day through the humid/hot 90 degree Atlanta weather. I dont even need to touch up with an oil blotting paper around my face after using this. It was especially hot this week and I was sweating but my makeup did not budge. Even with a dry mineral type foundation I always need to blot the oil around my nose and chin, but today which has been one of the hottest days this summer I had NO oil to wipe off. First time in my life! I am highly impressed with this foundation and would never go back to wearing the lancome or mac I had been wearing before. Even if im not oily and the sun is out my foundation always melts but this stuff just would not budge which is awesome. Too bad the clear complexion powder is so cakey. Would buy this again and again despite its lid not screwing on very well. UPDATE 12/17/05 I have since switched to about 5 different foundations only because of their cool advertisement and packaging have come back to this. So far this is the best color match for me. Im the lightest shade in all foundations if not lighter. I have been using jane iredale pressed powder lately but this matches much better and does not look cakey like that. For the price I could probably by about 8 of these verses 1 JI compact. By far the best foundation for acne oily prone skin i have ever tried. Love it over all of the drugsture and high end products and I have tried lots just about every one there is. Cannot stop recommending to people

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by surviver

My search has ended, this is my HG foundation. The first time I wore this I was in a resturant when the waitress taking my order stopped dead and asked, "What kind of foundation are you wearing because your skin is beautiful?" When I told her what it was she said it was the best tip anyone had ever given her! I'm stockpileing big time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by LedZep36

Well I liked the color (Golden), the coverage, the texture and how long it lasts but sadly it clogged my pores and now I have little bumps everywhere! I don't know what in it caused this but I have tried it several times...dumb me because I really wanted it to work but everytime I would break out. I am very oily, acne prone with huge, I mean, potholes here on my face!