Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 11/28/2005 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation..iv been using for almost 2 yrs...when i first started using it made me brake out more but since i didnt have time to go buy another one i kept using it and after a few days it got soo much better and the color and covarge is amazing...it doesnt keep me shine free but powder helps with that.

on 11/4/2005 3:12:00 PM

i've been using this product for about 2-3 years, but only because its a great match for my skin, i like the texture & consistency, and i haven't found a foundation that i like better. it does nothing for the 'blemish healing' it claims though, so if you're going to buy it for that reason, forget it.

on 10/18/2005 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well, I was looking for a good TM, but the drugstore didn't have any good selections, and I hadn't done any research as to what was good or bad, so I bought this cuz it was cheap. I liked it except for the matte finish. The reason I wanted a TM was because I have some acne on the t zone, but from 3feet away you can't tell, so I wanted light coverage and a dewy glow. I still have a lot left, so I'm mixing it w/ my moisturizer. I guess it's good if you want a matte finish and lots of coverage...I don't think I would repurchase.

on 10/5/2005 1:20:00 PM

I was excited when I first got this product because I thought this might prevent my few breakouts. The color was great, it actually matched better than i thought it would, but it definitely dried out my skin. I have combination skin, but I usually have it under control. After 7 hours of wearing this foundation, my skin was flaking off, and I was itchy all over my face. I won't be buying this product again. It didn't work very well for me and my skin.

on 9/14/2005 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've only used this product today, but i'm impressed! I didn't buy it, i've seen it around and wondered because I have oily, acne prone skin, but I just hadn't bothered to get to trying this. Well turns out my mom needed some foundation quick and ended up buying this, but it was a little too dark for her, so she thought it would fit me well.

Well I tried it today, and the first thing I noticed was the great coverage it gives, it's great for red spots. I put it on, the color is slighty off on me, but I found a way to blend it in, and so I just left it on all day. By the end of the night, it was still on! And my face wasn't a shinning bulb as it usually gets. I like it so far, don't know if it'll break me out, but my face doesn't seem irritated at all right now. If I end up not liking it i'll come back to update.

on 8/30/2005 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product gave me cosmetic acne and larger pustules as well...not pretty at all. It went on like a dream and looked great but not worth the aftermath of eruptions. why they call this blemish healing is beyond me.

on 8/28/2005 11:22:00 PM

WOW! This foundation is amazing at covering redness, blemishes, scars and although it doesn't really HEAL acne (you shouldn't be expecting this about makeup), it DOES NOT aggravate it. I've tried all the luxurious/expensive stuff on the market and this is BY FAR my favorite! Contrary to other brands of acne controling foundations, it does not make the skin feel or look dry at all. I even use it around my eyes! It's the best combination I found of coverage/natural look. I apply it with a foundation brush and it really gives fantastic results! The only downside is the bottle: it gets very messy and it's almost impossible to travel with it. I hope that Almay will rethink the packaging, but not discontinue the foundation: I am addicted to this one!

on 8/13/2005 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

not a very good product and it definetly does not heal blemishes it kinda aggrivates the problem even more if you ask me.

on 8/11/2005 3:09:00 PM

This product initially irritated my face (I'm both breakout-prone and VERY sensitive). I discovered that if I use this ONLY on my forehead and chin (where I'm most apt to get zits) and either another non-salicylic-containing foundation or powder everywhere else, the irritation does not occur.

When it becomes a bit too drying, I decrease the amount I use. This foundation is one of only two products which leave my face with a matte finish for the entire (8hrs) work day - with no need for blotting papers.

As for the color, I bought the wrong color the first time (I usually wear the lightest color - regardless of the brand). It looked horrible - like I was sick. But, once I went for a warmer (but still light) shade, it looked perfect. I don't even have to be careful about blending.

One other important note...NEVER put this near your eyes or on your eyelids. While it does not have the same amount of salicylic acid as true medications, it still has enough to cause burning and peeling of the affected skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG.
I absolutely LOVE This fabulous foundation! This is coming from a girl whose makeup NEVER EVER stays on, whose oily skin ruins every makeup job and whose face turns into a greaseball by 12 PM. Well, not with this stuff. It's amazing. I didn't believe there was a liquid foundation that would not make my face feel greasy and oily after a few hours. I don't know if it really does heal blemishes, but when I used it regularly my face was pretty much flawless which is unusual because I normally have at least SOME blemishes or something. Well, then I slept in my makeup and my skin got worse :-/, but the foundation was definitely not to blame for that one. I have this color in Golden, and it is a perfect match for my dark olive complexion. Which is always usually a problem for me! But seriously, get this foundation if you have oily skin.