January 28, 2015 | 1933 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2005 7:34:00 AM More reviews by jaypulliam

this product gave me cosmetic acne and larger pustules as well...not pretty at all. It went on like a dream and looked great but not worth the aftermath of eruptions. why they call this blemish healing is beyond me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beautymania

WOW! This foundation is amazing at covering redness, blemishes, scars and although it doesn't really HEAL acne (you shouldn't be expecting this about makeup), it DOES NOT aggravate it. I've tried all the luxurious/expensive stuff on the market and this is BY FAR my favorite! Contrary to other brands of acne controling foundations, it does not make the skin feel or look dry at all. I even use it around my eyes! It's the best combination I found of coverage/natural look. I apply it with a foundation brush and it really gives fantastic results! The only downside is the bottle: it gets very messy and it's almost impossible to travel with it. I hope that Almay will rethink the packaging, but not discontinue the foundation: I am addicted to this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by whitelulu

not a very good product and it definetly does not heal blemishes it kinda aggrivates the problem even more if you ask me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by mspb

This product initially irritated my face (I'm both breakout-prone and VERY sensitive). I discovered that if I use this ONLY on my forehead and chin (where I'm most apt to get zits) and either another non-salicylic-containing foundation or powder everywhere else, the irritation does not occur.

When it becomes a bit too drying, I decrease the amount I use. This foundation is one of only two products which leave my face with a matte finish for the entire (8hrs) work day - with no need for blotting papers.

As for the color, I bought the wrong color the first time (I usually wear the lightest color - regardless of the brand). It looked horrible - like I was sick. But, once I went for a warmer (but still light) shade, it looked perfect. I don't even have to be careful about blending.

One other important note...NEVER put this near your eyes or on your eyelids. While it does not have the same amount of salicylic acid as true medications, it still has enough to cause burning and peeling of the affected skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 6:30:00 PM More reviews by whengophersgobad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG.
I absolutely LOVE This fabulous foundation! This is coming from a girl whose makeup NEVER EVER stays on, whose oily skin ruins every makeup job and whose face turns into a greaseball by 12 PM. Well, not with this stuff. It's amazing. I didn't believe there was a liquid foundation that would not make my face feel greasy and oily after a few hours. I don't know if it really does heal blemishes, but when I used it regularly my face was pretty much flawless which is unusual because I normally have at least SOME blemishes or something. Well, then I slept in my makeup and my skin got worse :-/, but the foundation was definitely not to blame for that one. I have this color in Golden, and it is a perfect match for my dark olive complexion. Which is always usually a problem for me! But seriously, get this foundation if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by tines

I have this in Warm. It's not really blemish healing but I don't expect that from a foundation anyway. At least, I didn't get additional breakouts which I would usually get from other foundations. It's good for normal to oily skin type. Consistency is thin and coverage is light. No mask-like feeling and it didn't make my skin itchy. I wore it in the morning on a hot summer day and it stayed til evening with a couple of oil tissue blotting. However, it accentuated 1 or 2 lines on my face which I didn't even notice I have until I used this foundation. On the bright side, on good skin days, I look awesome! =) I just make sure I don't apply it on that particular area of my face. I'll keep this foundation though but I'm deducting 1 lippie for the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great foundation for oily-acne prone skin. It blends well, nice colors (yellow undertones) and isn't expensive. This is my HG for oil control. Moisturize well before applying because it can accentuate flakey and dry patches. Nice finish (but for finish i prefer Chanel Double Perfection cream to powder). I don't know it this product helps with blemishes, but definetely it doesn't produce more... The package is a crap...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kashmir0_2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Broke out after 1 day

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by StarStorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation but the colour range is very limited. The foundation goes on very smooth. I found that the quality is very close to Relvon's Colour Stay except that Clear Complexion is easier to blend. In overall, I might re-purchase this again until I find my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Wildchild147

I really hate this product because it doesn't help blemishes at all. I have just simple foundation that helps my acne better than that. It doesnt stay on well at all. The colors wont stay and the package is made of glass, which makes it VERY easy to break. Some people might have clear skin after usin this but for me it didn't work at ALL.