October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by purplepaulina

When I first started using this cleanser, I wasn't liking it. It would burn my face. But after a few days of using it, my face started to get use to it. I really like it, it makes my face feel clean. The product is clear and gel like and I love that it comes with a pump. You don't need to use a lot, just a nickle or quarter size amount is enough. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by royaljosieness

i've been using this for a month now and at first I really liked it. It made my skin smooth and clean-feeling. Then it started overdrying my face...to a point where my face hurt when I put toner/moisturizer on. It felt like my cheeks were chapped or something. I think it's nice that cetaphil has such good cleansers but i think if it dries out your natural oils, you face will only produce MORE oil. And that's exactly what happened. I'd wake up with the oilest face ever! So I'm disappointed in this product. Plus, I think it's kind of pricey for a drugstore cleanser. I'll go back to my Olay foaming wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cordelian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser! It cleans away all my makeup and makes my skin feel nice and soft. Also, if i have any pimples this stuff makes them go away. The only thing I don't like is the smell. When I first bought this I thought i would never be able to use it again because it smells so bad, but I got used to it. This stuff is pretty expensive, but it's worth it because it is such a great product and it lasts a really long time. I've had it for three months and I've only used up about one quarter. I would really recommend this product, but if you cant handle bad smells, this stuff is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by trula

My favorite drugstore cleanser.

Another alternative is SpectroJel, I have used the purple one (Sensitive skin?). I find that Cetaphil cleanses more efficiently than SJ and has a nice baby powder scent that I like. It's not irritating for my skin at all. It lasts a really long time, maybe a couple months and I use 2-3 pumps twice everyday. Love that it comes in a pump!

Note: I am reviewing the blue/green/beige bottle, I don't like the original Cetaphil formula (blue label)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I wish this worked better for me but it didnt clean off all the grime and makeup. Not worth my money and doesn't keep my skin clear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by 7954

-made my face feel dry and tight
-broke me out
-was sooo harsh on my skin!
- dried my skin out so much

gave it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does absolutely nothing for my oily skin. Maybe my skin is too oily for it, I don't know. I hate how it doesn't even lather up. I like the pump bottle, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was going to be a really good product. It is awful. It smells so bad that I had to wash my face a second time to get the smell off. It left my face feeling dry and tight, not clean. I sure would not recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

HATE THIS STUFF! I know many people love this cleanser...I don't!!!! It doesn't work well for me at all and I will never go back!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by mztre85

I purchased this product after a co-worker of mine recommended it to me since I have combination skin (oily on my cheeks and nose). I like using this product as a makeup remover or cleansing right before applying my makeup. I don't use this just to cleanse my face because I really don't feel it "cleansing". I'm used to cleansers that are creamer or have some lil' micro scrubs on it. I do have to say that this product has helped with my oilyness and I am still using it. I do like it but don't love it!!!