April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by la_femme_chickita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst products I have ever used on my skin. I used the Clear Pore mask, it said to leave it on for a maximum of 5 minutes so I followed the directions and after 30 seconds on my skin there was a burning sensation and i removed it. I looked in the mirror and the product had burned my skin! I had red and white patches and my skin was very red and irritated... whatever you do test this product on your skin(like on the inside of your arm)before using it as a face mask. You never know...your skin may have the same reaction that mine did and stay red, irritated and patchy for a few days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 1:30:00 PM More reviews by scraps

!!!LOVE IT!!! My face was breaking out sooo much.. I am 31 & was experiencing awful breakouts.. I was using PRO ACTIV gentle. Well, PRO ACTIV was burning my face ( probably great for teen acne with very oily skin, not for older adults with moderate to mild acne ) I used this stuff the first night I got it as both a facial wash and a masque in the shower.. WOW!! My face was instantly softer, not as red and it felt incredible... my forehead has begun to clear up and so has the rest of my face.. I will continue to be faithful to this product as my face is responding to it fantastically.... GOOD BYE.... expensive cleansers.. hello... easy to use, conveniently located, great priced product!!! P.S.. Just don't remove your eye make up with this...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser. I only used it as a mask once. It smells nice and leaves my skin clean. I had a bad breakout and this cleared it up. I have only been using this for two weeks so I don't know if the results are consistent. It's drys my skin out but it's not overly drying. I would only buy again if I got tired of my Noxzema Triple Clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Beauty_Box

I really LOVE this mask. It smells fantastic (may not be great for those who are sensitive to scents, as it is a strong smell)and WORKS!!! I'm tossing out my QHMJM for this stuff!!

It significantly reduces my ocasional cystic acne (TOM breakouts) and leaves me less oily. I would suggest using it as a spot treatment as it can be overdrying if put on sensitive areas. Big RAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2003 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Flinta3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome stuff, but its pretty small, only about 4 oz, and if you plan to use this as a mask and a cleanser, then it wont last long. Im allready on my 2nd tube. This rocks as a cleanser adn as a mask, which i use 2 times a week, and cleanser wise daily. It keeps my forehead clear of any imperfections. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never used this product as a mask but only as a cleanser. I love it!!! IT does work great and it is not as drying as I thought it would be. I do use meds (skinoren) on my face so maybe I should be using a gentler cleanser but I'll wait 'til I finish this up first. Give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Hudie

I got a sample pack of this in a magazine and decided to use it as a mask...it feels different from a regular mask being that in can also be used as a cleanser...but it does spread nicely and dries pretty quick, the scent I didn't like to much and as an overall mask I've had better it made my face feel clean afterwards but my cheeks and chin were burning up and got all red and there wasn't much I could do about it so I won't be purchasing this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ADORE THIS STUFF! I've polished off 2 entire tubes already (which for product junkie me is unbelievably rare!). I am in my mid 30's, and while I still suffer from breakouts, my skin is not nearly as oily as it was when I was a teen. This doubles as a cleanser/mask. As a cleanser, I find this to be super-effective at removing makeup and oil (due to the kaolin clay and glycerin) without overstripping my drier areas. Contains 3% BP, which seems to be just the dose I need to help clear me up. When I'm feeling greasy or have a breakout, I apply it as a mask after cleansing with it first. It feels tingly-cool (but not too tingly!) and leaves my skin feeling clean and baby soft. The next day I can tell my pimples are getting smaller and starting to heal. I now have my girlfriend hooked on this stuff, and she has her teen sister hooked as well! P.S. Did I mention how much I ADORE THIS STUFF? lol P.S.S. I definitely would not recommend you remove your eye makeup with this, as BP is way too drying for the delicate eye area!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gainsbourg

I've just started to use this dual-function product, and I must say, it's been working quite nicely to clear up some blemishes on my cheek and chin area. The benzoyl peroxide is very strong, however, so I don't use the face wash every day; three times a week does it for me. I would caution those who choose to use the cleanser as a mask, however, as it can be very strong and irritating if left on beyond 4-5 minutes. I have very sensitive skin, but the product hasn't left me itchy or blotchy in the week that I've used it. I'd recommend this to anyone with moderate skin sensitivity.