Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 5/25/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bought this yesterday so i will update if any problems occur. I used this last night as a spot treatment over epsom salt toner for a few hormonal pimples and it definetly made a difference. This morning i applied a thin layer all over (again on top of epsom salt toner) and then after 5 min. i used water to lather a bit and rinsed off. Pimples are barely noticable and my face looks smooth, no irritation or redness either. I'll probably spot treat with this on new pimples, and use as a mask about once or twice a week. As of now i would re-purchase this as a supplement to my regimine again for my combo/sensitive/acne prone skin.

on 5/25/2004 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I luuurv the smell of this product, i wanna eat it! It makes my skin feel so clean and fresh. Definatley helps with breakouts and isn't drying for me. But I don't use it to remove makeup and I wouldn't recommend doing that. The mask is also amazing. I had to get this product from a friend in England 'cause we don't get it here but they better start getting it here 'cause it's the BOMB!

Ok Update: This stuff was great until I noticed how red my face got after using the cleanser. I think I'm just gonna reduce the frequency of use but I'm still gonna use the mask.I also had a major breakout lately while using this stuff but let's hope it isn't the culprit.

on 5/25/2004 3:20:00 AM

This is a great cleanser. I'm sensitive to salcylic acid, so this cleanser with the benzoyl peroxide is a lifesaver. I use it as a mask as needed and cleanser every day. One warning: make sure it's REALLY washed off your face before you dry off--I have a couple of towels that have bleach marks all over them from this stuff--but to me, it's worth it--I just have a special old towel for my face.

on 5/24/2004 10:25:00 PM

A++. I haven't experienced any bad breakouts since I've been using this (about 4 weeks or so). I use it as a nightly cleanser and about once a week as a mask. Is not drying to my skin at all. Feels fresh and clean afterwards. If my skin stays this way, I will continue to use...Fingers are crossed! EDIT: Well the cysts and other zits are back, yippee yay yay.. So maybe not as great as I had thought. Also, this started to be a bit drying on my chin after a month or so. Maybe it didn't work quite as well since I had to alternate with other products?

on 5/18/2004 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

So far so good after a week's use. At 30, I'm cursed with more breakouts than I had 15 years ago. I'm using this mask each night in hopes of warding off more of the little beasts. My existing breakouts seem to be drying up and with the exception of a spot on my chin, I don't seem to be breaking out as much normal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

on 5/17/2004 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Works great! I thought it might be too drying, but it's actually perfect for the summer. Has just the right amount of grit, tingles just a bit and when I've got a few extra minutes, I use it as a mask to extra cleanse.

on 5/10/2004 10:47:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff; I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle, and will continue to purchase it again and again. I've never used an acne cleanser or mask that has been so consistent; I can always rely on this stuff when I feel a break-out coming on, and thanks to it, I hardly ever actually break-out anymore. I use it as a mask about once every 2 weeks or so, and as a cleanser in the shower each day; I don't find it to be too drying, as long as I moisturize afterwards. It's also pretty affordable, and lasts well, as long as you don't use too much at a time, (and you only need a little...) My HG acne treatment!

UPDATE: This stuff is still working miracles for my skin, but it's becoming harder and harder to find! The last bottle I found was at Zellers with the discount items, and it'd been marked down to about 2/3 of the original price. PLEASE tell me Neutrogena isn't discontinuing this product? :*( continued >>

on 5/10/2004 5:44:00 PM

Just tried the sample and all it did was sting and make my face beet red and burning. DON'T USE IT IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

on 5/10/2004 1:03:00 AM

a bit drying but definitely gets rid of pimples - not overnight but with continued use. i use as a mask, and like it!

on 5/1/2004 11:04:00 AM

I had to give this a 4 because the fragrance is overpowering and too harsh for everyday use (I'm on Retin-A). However, I found that it's kept my blackheads to the minimal and I like the cooling sensation. I found that my combo sensitive skin works great with clay (kaolin) products to deep clean gently, and this product actually didn't overdry my skin (surprise, surprise). Definitely will repurchase.