Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have both of the first naked palette and this one, and honestly I think this one is better because it has a better shade selection! It has a matte highlight color which is AMAZING! The colors are much less shimmery and over the top. Since i have green eyes I think this is really amazing because it has taupey/ purpley shades which make my eyes look UNREAL! I always have people asking me if my eyes are fake when I wear tease, chopper, and YDK together! BEST BUY!

The Naked2 palette has 12 colors with only one dupe from the first palette, Half Baked. What's even better? 5 of the shadows in the palette are brand new Urban Decay shades! I was kinda surprised to see Half Baked included in the new version because youíd think Urban Decay would know that the people buying it were probably fans of the original and already had Half Baked. But then again, it's a gorgeous color so I know if I had the original Naked palette Half Baked would already be gone. This is probably the only bummer about the Naked2. Needless to say, some of the remaining 11 eyeshadows are pretty similar to shades included in the original. But aside from a few overlaps, I think the rest of the colors are different enough to make it worth purchasing. (Plus you get a new brush and a cute little lip gloss!)

The palette has a nice balance of matte and shimmery colorsóthereís a great matte black thatís perfect for lining and a pretty highlighter shade too. There is slightly more shimmer than matte so if you like shimmery, neutral shadows then you will be obsessed with Naked2. Also, if you have warmer coloring like me, then this is a great palette for your skin tone.

A few other things I like about the Naked2 is that the packaging is different. Instead of cardboard, itís tin and the mirror is way bigger too. And the first palette didn't have a lip gloss included, either.

The Naked2 palette costs $50. It sounds like a lot up front, but I honestly think itís worth it because A) youíre getting 12 eyeshadows,
B) you get a new eyeshadow brush, and
C) you also get a cute mini travel size lip gloss.

on 4/22/2012 4:49:00 PM

LOVE this palette. If I could only keep one eye product in my makeup bag, this would be it. I have completely neglected all of my other eyeshadows since I bought this! This palette is on the cooler side, which I like. The Naked 1 has really warm shades, lots of yellows and oranges. This is more silvery/taupe. My favorite colors are Foxy (buttery matte yellow), Bootycall (shimmery light pink), Snakebite (dark shimmery brown), Suspect (silvery medium brown), Pistol (dark grey with brown), Verve (shimmery silver beige) and Busted (dark brown with purple). The ones that I don't use as much are Half Baked (orange gold), Chopper (shimmery copper) and YDK (reddish copper) just because I don't like orange-y colors on my eyes. Just doesn't look right for me. But other than those 3, I regularly use every color in this palette, and I'm so happy that I bought it.

It's a beautiful palette, with TONS of variety. I love it.

on 4/19/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this palette. Great purchase. UD makes some great eyeshadows.

I like this package much more than the original naked palette. Its metal and has a full mirror when opened. Im not a fan of double ended brushes but this one is fine. I didn't find the naked palette warm enough for me. Its was neutral (I'm african american). This is cooler but i actually like it better. I can really pull off the pale gold looks with this. This palette has the newly formulated shadows. Im no expert but it feels like the same UD quality to me. I use them wet and dry with no issues and with the right primer they will last all night and still look perfect.

on 4/18/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I selected yes to repurchases only cos I'd imagine if I were ever to run out I would repurchase but eyeshadows seem to never pan for me so I prob will never have to. And even so I might try out the original naked pallette. This is great neutral browns introduction for me. All the colours seem to be easy to match n mix to achieve diff looks. I would like a couple more mattes but the shimmers r lovely. No fallout for me and life's on smoothly with primer underneath they r pigmented. Love the packaging tho the actual pots don't have a flawless finish (sitting in the case) but thts being picky.. So overall happy with it :) would be nice if UD had half sized of these in other tones say blues/greens/ etc.

on 4/18/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, I wouldn't buy this again simply because there would be no need to - there is a lot of product that will last a very long time for me :)

It's a really good palette and I have both the Naked and Naked 2 Palettes. This palette uses the new eyeshadow formulas and it's noticeable when you compare shadows between the palettes. Naked 2 has much creamier, smoother shadows and the Naked palette has more powdery shadows prone to a bit more fallout than version 2.

The colours are a little cooler than the first palette but will still suit warm skin tones (like mine) as they are pretty neutral. I LOVE the matte black shadow and generally all the mattes in both palettes. I wish UD did more matte shadows as they are far more natural and versatile in my opinion. But I guess UD isn't necessarily going for that :)

In a perfect world, I'd combine half the shadows in the first with half the shadows in the second palette and have my perfect neutral palette. The shadows in this palette are smooth and buttery and with a primer they last all day and it's a good range of neutrals which will suit both warm and cool skin tones. I like the packaging more on this palette as it's much sturdier (though heavier as a result) and the mirror is large and useable.

If you're going to pick one over the other, I'd suggest Naked 2 over Naked, if only for the improved eyeshadow formula. I find there's less fallout with these shadows and for the range and price, it's a really good deal, but they're both ultimately excellent palettes.

on 4/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Bought this palette after seeing some reviews. I love nude colours for the eyes. I do own the first Naked palette which I like. This one I actually like better. I find it has nicer colours then the first ,some colours are similar but not the same. Most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which I love. There are only 3 matte shades. I gave it a 4 because the first eyeshadow (Foxy) which is a matte pale yellow doesn't even show up on me at all it blends right into my skin. I also don't know why they had to put in half baked again. I still didn't use it up in the first palette. But all in all not a bad palette it has beautiful colours and the pigmentation is good. It also came with a 2 sided brush whichn isn't bad and a lipgloss in naked which is alright.

on 4/9/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have owned this palette for a little over a month and it is awesome. Let me start out by saying this is my first real high end cosmetics purchase. I have always been a drugstore junkie, convinced I could find something just as good for much cheaper. Finally I got sick of the cruddy drugstore shadows that just didn't seem to have the same wow factor as other high end ones I had seen. With this in mind I decided to take the plunge, but was torn on whether to buy the original Naked pallet or Naked 2. The original one seemed to have better reviews everywhere. And when most people online were asked which was better, nearly all were in favor of the original. Despite this, I obviously I went with the latter, and I don't regret it at all. Although it mostly consists of shimmers it isn't just one big glitter bomb. There are three great matte shades included, a yellow toned highlight, a plum-brown great for the crease or lid, and a black. I love the metal case. It feels very sturdy especially when it snaps shut. The large mirror inside is great too. I know it's not a necessity for most, but it's nice to know it's there. I love the brush. Since I bought the pallet, I have only used the included brush. The double ended brush is very soft and appears to be of good quality. The flat brush packs down the shadows nicely and the domed blending brush is great for the crease, blending out harsh lines and adding the highlight. To sum it up, this is a really great deal. It's what drew me to it in the first place. Fifty dollars may be a pretty penny, but when you consider it's for 12 full sized eye shadows and a few goodies (double ended brush and a mini lip gloss), its actually quite a bargain. Don't let the reviews that bash Naked 2 scare you from adding it to your collection. I believe the colors can work on almost everyone not only those with a cool complexion I have warm olive skin and it doesn't clash with my coloring a bit. There are also many looks you can do with this pallet dispite the lack of them online. I have come up with a different combination every day and I'm sure I'll discover many more. All the colors compliment each other nicely. I would definitely buy this again. It is great for me, it has everything i need to create beautiful looks that highlight my eyes. This pallet has made me an Urban Decay fan for sure. In fact, I'm quite interested in getting the original pallet as well, due to how much I love this one. Especially when the only repeated shade is Half Baked, which I use pretty often anyway. So this is definitely worthy of five stars I would definitely buy this again. It is great for me, it has everything I need. I don't think I could be much happier with it.

on 4/6/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think I just let myself get swept up in the hype of this product. I really did not spend enough time swatching the colors. I got the palette home and after about a week realized that I would never in a million years have any use for all these bronze-y shades that look so similar. I found myself only using Foxy (too yellow to be a good base color btw), Bootycall, Tease, and Blackout (which is not really very pigmented, btw). The rest of the colors are very similar to me; if some were matte, that would be a different story, but I really don't have a use for a bunch of sparkly bronze and silvery eyeshadows. Moreover, about 2 days after I bought the palette, I got the email from UD announcing their new eyeshadow formula (oh joy!) and the DIY palette. It may be more money in all to get the empty palette and fill it with the full price (now $18) singles, but at least I can justify the purchase by getting six colors that I will actually use, rather than having a $50 palette with 8 colors I never touch. I'll be returning the palette and using the credit to get the new shadows in colors I will actually wear when they're in the stores.

Popular Palettes