Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2012 10:34:00 PM

I'm keeping my review short and color-centric. Here are the colors in this beautiful palette.

FOXY: This is a matte off-white/beige shade. Good for highlighting the browbone and inner corner. It's pigmented, but pale girls might not notice (I've actually used it as a powder once!)

HALF BAKED: Neutral light tawny champagne shade. Shimmery, very pigmented. I'm aware that this is in the original Naked palette.

BOOTYCALL: Light pinky beige shimmery color. Great for highlighting.

CHOPPER: Tawny shimmer color that leans warm. Be warned, this does have glitter.

TEASE: Matte neutral taupe color. Great for everyday looks.

SNAKEBITE: Shimmery cool medium brown.

SUSPECT: Greyish gold shimmer color, lighter than Snakebite.

PISTOL: Neutral gunmetal grey shimmer.

VERVE: Weird taupey-greige color with shimmer. It's about as light as Suspect, maybe a bit lighter.

YDK: Warmer shimmer/glitter copper with a hint of grey. This is a great color to use allover.

BUSTED: Dark brown shimmer. Great for lining and crease-cutting.

BLACKOUT: Pure matte black.

I love this palette. I would NOT buy this palette if:

-You don't like neutrals.
-You don't like shimmer; there's lots here.
-You're not willing to spend $50 on an eye palette (it's actually cheaper than individual UD pans though.)
-You already own the original Naked and you're not an effing makeup fanatic like I am. In that case, what are you doing here? :)

Phenomenal color selection, great payoff, and nice little brush and lipgloss included to boot. I highly recommend it to any neutral junkies out there.

on 5/10/2012 10:14:00 PM

this is by far my favorite palette EVER! i have the original naked palette && i love it but this one is better, i will never give up either one but i guess if i had to i would rather keep the naked 2! everyone must have this palette in there makeup stash! :)

on 5/9/2012 7:48:00 PM

Having recently purchased the original NAKED palette and reading a lot of reviews here about the pros and cons of owning both, I finally bit the bullet and bought NAKED 2. I think the price is great for 12 versatile eyeshadows and even if there are a couple in either that I can't find a use for, it's still worth it.

Everyone's probably tired of hearing it but the new packaging in the tin that clicks is much much better. But I prefer the brush from the original. The brush from N2 is double ended - and one of the ends is flat, with stiff bristles and small enough to do fine detailed work with. Only problem is that it doesn't pick up much product to apply so I resorted to a MAC eyeshadow brush which has slightly longer bristles and fluffier to apply it. The other end is a fluffy, longer bristled blending brush which is good for picking up product and applying it, it blends well but I have other brushes that do it better and also it doesn't offer much control at the outer corners when blending darker colours.

The colours are great - slightly cooler toned than the original and I personally think with the matte 'Blackout' shade, it's great for more dramatic evening looks.

I personally prefer metallic, shimmery or glittery shades because they stand out more on my south asian skin tones and also go with outfits to very colourful asian weddings, so I didn't mind so much that there were only three matte shades in this palette - 2 of them being Foxy and Tease which for me would only really work as base colours.

I took one point off because I was disappointed with the YDK shade specifically but also with Busted and to a lesser extent Verve. Between buying the original palette and this one, I looked at a few youtube videos and read a lot of reviews both here and other blogs, and quite a few had comments about YDK and there's a particular youtube video which has a great 'smokey Romantic' look with this shade. It had very little colour payoff on my skin and an awful lot of fall out so I didn't even benefit from the sparkly aspect of the shade that you can see in the tin. At the most it adds a little shimmer under the Blackout shade to soften the look enough for daytime but there's plenty of other shades that could do that in this tin so I can see it being left well alone.

All in all happy with this and I would say its on par with the original. I would buy both again for myself and will definitely be gifting them to friends in the future. I would say though that with the warmer tones of Half Baked, Snakebite, Chopper and Suspect you could probably recreate a lot of warm toned eye looks as well as the cooler toned ones. The original palette is definitely all warm tones except for Gunmetal and maybe Sin.

Though pricey, this palette was one of the BEST purchases I have ever made. It has great colors for everyday wear, yet it also has colors that can be used for going out. I would definitely recommend this.

on 5/4/2012 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love love love! So much so that I'm now buying the first Naked palette. The brush isn't so great and of course I wish it were cheaper but you get a lot for your buck. The quality of the shadows is excellent - very creamy, velvety, feel and look very high end. Much better than the quality of shadows in the Stila palette I recently purchased. Highly recommend this one!

on 5/4/2012 2:07:00 PM

The eye shadows are so nice and very good quality. I, however, did not buy this. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift last year. Each other is beautiful and it gives you a variety of mattes, shimmers and glitters to choose from. I mix a couple together to get a certain color for my eyes. I love this product!

on 5/4/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I love the Naked 2 palette!
I can honestly say I use each and every one of these shadows. They are rich and creamy with great colour payoff. They are not overloaded with shimmer or glitter and apply easily with the duo brush. The blending brush side is really good.
The packaging is solid and snaps closed. The large mirror is perfect. A great palette for on the go!

on 5/4/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Alright, I have only had this palette for a short while (okay a few hours!) but I already know I love it!

Comparing it with the original Naked palette now, they are quite similar, but the subtle differences between them do set them apart. They both mostly consist of warm toned shadows - the ONLY complaint I have about these palettes is that there are hardly any cool toned shades represented. However, I think Naked 2 is overall more wearable for day to day looks. I know I will be reaching for this one over the original more often, especially for when I am getting ready for work. I am glad for Pistol and Verve as in the original palette there were no silvers. Chopper and YDK are also out of control amazing.

The packaging in Naked 2 is 100% an improvement on the original. It is so pretty, a lovely metal tin that looks clean, my Naked palette is so dirty and raggedy, it's such a shame.

If you are looking to only buy one palette, I think that it comes down to personal preference of the shadows really, they are both of excellent quality. You need to swatch in person, if you can. Overall though I think Naked 2 is the better out of the two - and the better packaging takes it over the line.

on 5/3/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the first Naked palette, and Naked2, and I prefer the first one! I'm an NC25 and I think those colors look better on me.

on 4/30/2012 5:50:00 PM

I got this on a whim after hearing a lot of hype about it & am dissapointed that I dont like it as much as I thought I would. The palette is very shimmery and has goldish and purpley-gray colors. I usually love UD for anything else but this didnt really work for me.
I'm an NC30 with brown eyes and I feel like these colors just dissapeared into my complexion.
I know they're supposed to be more neutral but still there was no WOW. I find it hard to create different looks with this palette as most colors look the same on me and more like a bunch of shimmer. I picture this looking really good on someone who's very pale with light eyes.
Besides that though I cant deny the great quality and the lip color and brush were a nice extra. Although I wouldnt re-purchase.

Popular Palettes