September 23, 2014 | 889 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised by all of the glowing reviews for this. I have the first one and I use it all the time. I really love it. This is ok. Actually, the colors are strikingly similar so I'm not sure what all of this fuss is about. Holding them side by side I find it difficult to justify why I need both but since my Naked 1 is running low, I'll probably keep the Naked 2. I am annoyed that they reuse so many colors from palette to palette so this will probably be my last UD eyeshadow purchase for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't own the original NAKED palette, but basing on swatches online, I'm glad I skipped it and instead waited to get the NAKED 2. I really love the colors they've provided in this palette. Apart from being wearable, you get a good amount of highlights, midtones, and crease colors to give you a very versatile palette, unlike how the first one had more of warm crease colors.
The quality is no doubt excellent. They're buttery soft and a small amount goes a long, long way, which is why despite being really expensive, is actually well worth the money you pay for.
The packaging is also far more superior than the original boxed palette since this comes is a tin, which is very travel friendly. In fact, being in a working environment that would demand me to change up my looks from day to night, this palette is a staple not only in my everyday makeup routine but also in my travel makeup bag.
I am really in love with this palette, and I don't think I'll ever be buying the first one because of how much I love the colors in this one--heck, I don't think I'll be buying any other neutrals palette anytime soon. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! The packaging is definitely better than the original Naked Palette.

My favourite colours would be:

Foxy: White colour with yellowish undertones-perfect for the inner corner of the eye!
Bootycall: Shimmery/champagne colour with pinkish undertones- perfect for brow highlight!
Tease: Light matte brown- perfect for eye crease, or brows (I use this for my brows) :)
Snakebite: My favourite colour in this palette! Bronzy/ shimmery brown colour- great for a smokey daytime look!
Suspect: A shimmery gold colour- great for a daytime look, lovely blended with Snakebite
Pistol: Greyish/ silver colour- great alternative for a smokey eye (definitely my 2nd favourite colour!)
Verve: Great silver colour! great for daytime looks with some liner (one of my favourites!)

Overall:
For the quality of the product & the amount of shadows you get is great! The pigmentation of all of these shadows is great & definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I love this palette, i didn't want to buy the original naked because of the pros that the packaging had as well as the fact that the first one had a lot of dark colours and I didn't think that I'd be able to wear this everyday if all I had to work with was a smokey eye.
When I got the palette I believe it exceeded my expectations, not only was it great for everyday wear I could use the light colours for the day and play the same look up for night without taking off anything. Another is the pigmentation. Even to swatch the colours needs only a light touch. Half baked is my favourite by far. There is a little shimmer fall out which I expected, but not much. It's a great palette, I've had it for 2 weeks and have used it every day since. I will repurchase this if I hit pan on all of them before I find another HG item, I don't think I will considering they are so pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sophrowland

After reading reviews for several months, i was deciding whether to get the first or the second naked palette, as i don't own any. Knowing i was going to get both eventually, i got the naked 2 palette & i absolutely love it! The shadows are so pigmented & it is packed so amazing, i love how you can easily read the names of each eyeshadows. As some people may think the palette is a bit pricey, it is a good deal, rather than, if you bought the eyeshadows individually. I can't say enough good things about this palette & i'm excited about getting the first one, which i missed out on, as i love this one so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw the hype for the first one but for some reason it didnt really interest me but when i saw some yt videos about the 2nd one it got me a bit interested so i finally decided to buy with an exchange i had so i really didnt have to pay full price. But i really like it, the eyeshadows are nice for a neutral daytime look or a bold going out look. Every nice & i like the packaging. I dont know if i would buy it again bcuz it seems like it will last for awhile & its a bit pricy for $50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

As much as I love the first Naked palette, I love this one better! I have experimented with different looks from my Naked 2 palette for over two weeks now and am convinced that this is the winner, hands down. You guys have done such a fantastic job describing the the colors, so I won't go into detail about color descriptions except to say that my favorite color in the whole palette is YDK with Verve running a close second. YDK is in the running now as my HG e/s of all time along with MAC's Vex because it can be worn alone or mixed and matched with other colors for endless color variations that look smoldering. Blackout is the truest, fiercest black e/s I have ever seen! I really like the double sided e/s brush that comes with it and the tin case that it comes in better than the felt case in the first palette. I also like the larger mirror in this palette compared to the first one. I don't really care for the lip gloss that is included and would rather have a mini primer potion instead. I also wish that a different color would have taken the place of Half Baked since it is in Naked 1 palette. Even with these qualms though, I am still giving this 5 lippies because of the buttery, silky smooth pigmented texture and staying power of the shadows, not to mention the amazing array of colors. The different e/s looks with this palette are endless! Buy it. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by AMWord

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!! I use it every single day, I love the pigments, it's lasting power, and how it blends easily. Also, very little fall out. I would buy this over and over and over again. I'm debating on getting the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by NovelTwist

I do have Naked 1, and I would say I'm pretty warm/yellow toned nc25/30. Even though Naked 1 is much warmer (bronze, golds) Naked 2 is by far my favorite. This is because I find Naked 1 to have too many dark muddy shadows that look the same to me on my lids. Whereas Naked 2 has much lighter, nude shades that can be used all over lid for a more natural look. There are more taupes and a few grey toned silvers and gunmetals. My favorite shades are suspect, tease, foxy, and ydk. I would have prefered a primer potion instead of the lip gloss (which is pretty much clear on my medium pigmented lips) and I'm not a fan of the brush. The blending side is a bit too long and thing, and the shader side is too small and stiff. The synthetic hairs just aren't as good at picking up and depositing shadow as natural hair. But I didn't buy the palette for those extras..I love the Naked 2 palette!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a personal review as this works for others. I'm NW20 with dark brown hair and greenish-hazel eyes, age 64. As much as I played with the pallet I ended up with a muddy looking eye and could not blend the colors properly, which even though I am cool-toned does not happen with NP1. I returned it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No