September 1, 2014 | 1569 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I don't think these are as amazing as some people say but they are nice. One thing that I don't like about them is that there's no SPF. If I'm wearing a tinted lip balm, I need the SPF! I like their pigmentation, colour selection and the slight glossiness. There's not very much product in the tube so they are kind of pricey for a drugstore product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There is something in this product and also Loreal's Lip Balm that irritates my lips, drys them out and makes them blister. :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Pink Truffle. I love how smooth they feel when I apply them. It's very moisturizing and the coverage is very good, almost like a full lipstick without feeling like I'm too made-up for every day. My lips feel soft when I wear it. I'm going to buy more of these in other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yep - these live up to the hype! Gorgeous colours, pigmented yet moisturising. I can't wait to get some more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jeycat

decently moisturizing, natural shine, vibrant colors; i think i am in love with revlon lip butters ! they come in 20 colors, and are just amazing. since they are more buttery/balm-like, they don't last as long as your traditional lipsticks, however, i feel that they work great as a to-go lip color. some of them have noticeable shimmers, but they're very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by uncomplicated

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. My lips stay hydrated and soft even after it wears off and the color I got (Brown Sugar) wears more like a lipstick than a gloss. It has just enough shimmer not to look flat but not so much that it looks glittery or shiny. The pigment fades a little as the gloss wears off, but enough of the color stays so that my lips don't look naked if I can't reapply right away. The thing I like a lot is that it's not tacky like a gloss or dry like a lipstick, but right at a happy medium to get the best of both worlds.

I'm definitely going to get more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by test0276

I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kbbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in 005 Sugar Frosting, and I like it, it's like a nude color with some shimmer in it. I would say in between a lot and a little shimmer, more on the a lot side (would that make sense?). The packaging was kind of a fail.. When I got it, there was a little crack in the cap. I had to keep it though, because only one of this color was left. And when I dropped it at school today, the bottom of where you twist it, cracked. the packaging is really cheap, but I like what's in it.

One con, since the formula is so creamy, it usually smooshes everywhere, which I don't really like, but if you're just looking for what it looks like on the lips, then go ahead the smear it on your lips. On the other hand, for me, I tend to get really sad when something so perfect gets ruined, just like when there was a little crack on the bottom of the bottle.

Now, I'm someone who never ever ever wears lipstick, since I'm in my middle school ages. I only wear lip gloss, and I am not ever daring to put on a bright color or anything, because I don't want my friends to think that I'm trying to be too mature. This doesn't feel like a lipstick and doesn't look too bright for a lipstick. Well, at least my color, it's a sheer color, some people say that it's more on the tinted lip balm side, so if you want something like a lipstick, I'd suggest you go get the darker shades, because this is the lightest shade in the collection. When I wear it, it is at least opaque enough to see the difference of my lip color, and my friends say that it looks so pretty on me.

I got this for 6.42 at Walmart, which for me is really cheap, since the drugstore near me would sell stuff like this for at least 10 bucks. The only reason I put 4 lippies on this product, is because of the packaging, I would have put 4 and a half if MUA would let me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Cherly57

These lip butters are definitely not worth all this hype. Some people commented that the pigmentation is like lipstick without the drying effect. The one that I bought (cupcake) was not like that at all. It wasn't drying, but it took me around 4-5 swipes to get any color at all. It was simply like a lipgloss. For $7.50, I do not think that these are worth it. You can easily obtain this look by wearing a lipstick and putting clear lipgloss on top. They aren't drying, but neither are most lip glosses and lip balms. I was not impresses with this product and I will not buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty new to lipstick (and actually for lip gloss too!) as I have just been a chapstick kind of girl my whole life but I am experimenting and trying out new things. I like this because I feel like it moisturizes really well. The thing I dislike about a lot of lipsticks is that I feel like they show all the dry skin on my lips and this does the total opposite of that!
I have the creamsicle color, which is a pretty peach color and I love it! I couldn't wait to go out the next day and wear it after I bought it. I definitely recommend this and I will probably purchase another color soon!