July 22, 2014 | 1372 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kbbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in 005 Sugar Frosting, and I like it, it's like a nude color with some shimmer in it. I would say in between a lot and a little shimmer, more on the a lot side (would that make sense?). The packaging was kind of a fail.. When I got it, there was a little crack in the cap. I had to keep it though, because only one of this color was left. And when I dropped it at school today, the bottom of where you twist it, cracked. the packaging is really cheap, but I like what's in it.

One con, since the formula is so creamy, it usually smooshes everywhere, which I don't really like, but if you're just looking for what it looks like on the lips, then go ahead the smear it on your lips. On the other hand, for me, I tend to get really sad when something so perfect gets ruined, just like when there was a little crack on the bottom of the bottle.

Now, I'm someone who never ever ever wears lipstick, since I'm in my middle school ages. I only wear lip gloss, and I am not ever daring to put on a bright color or anything, because I don't want my friends to think that I'm trying to be too mature. This doesn't feel like a lipstick and doesn't look too bright for a lipstick. Well, at least my color, it's a sheer color, some people say that it's more on the tinted lip balm side, so if you want something like a lipstick, I'd suggest you go get the darker shades, because this is the lightest shade in the collection. When I wear it, it is at least opaque enough to see the difference of my lip color, and my friends say that it looks so pretty on me.

I got this for 6.42 at Walmart, which for me is really cheap, since the drugstore near me would sell stuff like this for at least 10 bucks. The only reason I put 4 lippies on this product, is because of the packaging, I would have put 4 and a half if MUA would let me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Cherly57

These lip butters are definitely not worth all this hype. Some people commented that the pigmentation is like lipstick without the drying effect. The one that I bought (cupcake) was not like that at all. It wasn't drying, but it took me around 4-5 swipes to get any color at all. It was simply like a lipgloss. For $7.50, I do not think that these are worth it. You can easily obtain this look by wearing a lipstick and putting clear lipgloss on top. They aren't drying, but neither are most lip glosses and lip balms. I was not impresses with this product and I will not buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty new to lipstick (and actually for lip gloss too!) as I have just been a chapstick kind of girl my whole life but I am experimenting and trying out new things. I like this because I feel like it moisturizes really well. The thing I dislike about a lot of lipsticks is that I feel like they show all the dry skin on my lips and this does the total opposite of that!
I have the creamsicle color, which is a pretty peach color and I love it! I couldn't wait to go out the next day and wear it after I bought it. I definitely recommend this and I will probably purchase another color soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When i first heard of these, i thought, "well i have the koress lip butter, so whats the point of buying a similar product?" I waited about 3 months after they were released. I heard all the rave on youtube from Missglamorazzi, Saaamage, and emilynoel8. I finally gave in and just bought one. Man, did i fall in love with these things. I first bought cupcake. Then a few days later i bought strawberry shortcake then yesterday i bought gumdrop. I like these better than the Koress LB because 1) no messy pot 2.) cheaper price and 3) better color range. Also, i believe these give a better color pay off. You can have a sheer color or a bright intense one. They are like 3-in-1 theyre a lip balm/gloss/stick. And the darker ones leave a slight stain once worn off. I think you cant go wrong with these. I have pale skin so the brighter colors might look better on me than depper tones but they will have a color for your tone!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Jello487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how great these are, I just want them all!!! I definitely suggest waiting for a BOGO sale. For reference, I'm a NC30, Asian with yellow undertones. I have Candy Apple and Pink Truffle.

These are so smooth and hydrating, and the darker colors leave a stain on your lips even after they wear off. They leave a great subtle sheen that looks like a nice lipgloss, but isn't as sticky and in your face. I'm really not a lipstick girl because they feel too heavy, and tinted lip balm doesn't really give me a big enough pop of color since my lips are naturally very pigmented. Keep in mind, both colors I have are on the more pigmented spectrum of the color options.

Candy Appple is a very wearble tomato red, which I love because with one swipe it's subtle and sweet, but the coverage is buildable until it's almost a lipstick. Pink truffle is a brownish-pink, and may be too brown for fair-skinned gals. But if it works, it's a truly beautiful sophisticated color. Neither of these colors are sparkly at all, which I really like, but each color will have a different sparkle level.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This is such a fantastic product. I have two: Pink Truffle and Peach Parfait. The Pink Truffle gives me a slight peachy pink color that is perfect for everyday. The Peach Parfait is a gorgeous coral pink with slight gold glitter. I love the Peach Parfait but sometimes the glitter can be overwhelming, so I limit that shade for when I'm not working. I love that I can apply these without a mirror and I don't need a lip balm. It's the perfect amount of color and never dries out my lips. I bought these as soon as they came out and have neglected my other [expensive] lipsticks/lipglosses ever since then. I hope they continue to make this lipstick/balm and add new colors soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by um359738

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I heard about these products on YouTube. But I didnt get them cuz of the rave because at the time only one of the YouTube bueaty people I followed had them because they had JUST came out. She really liked them so I went and got them in the first week they where out!(:
I fell. in. love. with these lip butters. I have 4 and they are amazing! They are so creamy and great to pair with other lip sticks or lip glosses the color doesnt last all day but they do last a few hours. It really depends on what color they are. My darker colors last longer that my light colors. So I would totally get this product I am 14 and it is a perfect lipstick because not all 14 year olds are in to lip stick yet, i am, but those who are into lip glosses and tinted chap sticks this is the PERFECT lip stick for you!! Plus they are pretty cheap :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon is easily becoming my favorite DS brand for the lips.These are only about $7 and balm-like in moisture. The packaging is sturdy and not juvenile. I also love the clear top and the fact that there is a sticker used to seal them. Best part? NO SHIMMER!These are what i wanted Covergirl Lipslicks to be.

Raspberry Pie-Deeply pigmented fuschia that can be used as a lipstick.

Fig Jam-Looks chocolate in the tube, but it's sheer and pretty on.

I can't wait to get my hands on Pink Truffle and Tutti Frutti.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I must admit I bought two of these just because of the rave on YouTube :p
And they came in cute and girly packaging!
They're pretty cheap (retails for Rp75,000 here in Indonesia, which is about US$7-8). And...it's basically tinted lip balm. I have wanted to try this so bad and have been waiting for couple months for the product to arrive in Indonesia's Revlon counters, but I kinda forgot that I have very dark-pigmented lips (I have fair skin though). So...I think from now on I'll just stick to opaque-pigmented lipstick like my fave NYX Round Lipstick (my HG).
I got these in the color Cupcake and Strawberry Shortcake. When I swatched them they look different (one's purpl-ish and the other one's pink-ish) but when I apply them in my dark-pigmented lips, they look exactly the same. Can't believe I just bought 2 tinted lip balm with the same colors LOL. Should bought one in Creamsickle, perhaps. They do moisturize, though.
Conclusion: it does okay for tinted lip balm. They moisturize and have sheer amount of tint. Maybe it'll look way better in light-fair lips. I'm not gonna purchase this again since I have very dark-pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by moonswooning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, for me, is the ultimate lip makeup because it's like a combination of balm, gloss, and lipstick -- except it comes in a variety of shades, isn't sticky or thick, and doesn't crack or weigh your lips down like some lipsticks do.

Indeed, I'm especially pleased with the color selection, for which I purchased "Gumdrop" (060) and "Creamsicle" (065). I like that the colors aren't overly sparkly or frosty, and that, depending on how many applications of color you layer upon your lips, can appear as sheer or as opaque as you like. One drawback I found is that the color tends to concentrate within the lip's natural creases, however this may or may not be an issue for some.

The best part of this product is that you get amazing color *and* excellent moisture as well. The product is slippery but not sticky, and does not require prior moisturizing or exfoliation before application (although the latter is recommended in any case).

Lastly, as a bonus, the packaging is rather adorable, for which it comes in a color coordinating lipstick tube style container in a quilted pattern.

I definitely recommend this product, for which I will likely purchase more colors for myself in future.