Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 2/29/2012 10:57:00 PM

Got Candy Apple, which is a lovely clear red. Very pigmented. (bonus points for staying red and not turning magenta/fuchsia on me). But this is not moisturizing. My lipsticks are all more hydrating than this, except the matte ones. I'm still disappointed. Wouldn't buy again unless it's for a color I can't find anywhere else.

on 2/27/2012 7:47:00 PM

love these lip butters I have 6 of them. You get the benefits of a lipstick and a lip balm.

on 2/27/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I am so torn between liking this product and hiding it away in the back of my collection. After seeing all the hype of this product on blogs,YouTube, and just everywhere I wanted to LOVE these lip butters, but after getting two shades of my own, I'm not so sure.
I got Cremè Brûlée and Strawberry Shortcake since I heard great things about Crème so I decided I wanted to love it too, and Shortcake seemed like a cute pink color!

Crème Brûlée: on my lips it comes off like a brown orangish color that is visible but at the same time almost looks like I'm not wearing much of anything.

StrawberryShortcake: a kind of bright pink, probably my favorite of the two if I HAD to pick.

Not sure I like these, but willing to give other colors a try!

on 2/26/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product in several shades (Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, and Cotton Candy) and love them! I have dark lips so the pigmentation isn't very noticeable, but it does add a hint of color to my lips. I like that it keeps my lips moisturized and it's not too sticky. Most times, I can't wear lip glosses because my hair keeps getting stuck in them but I did not have a problem with these. Also, I don't notice or taste the gloss when I drink or eat.

on 2/26/2012 12:36:00 AM

I bought sweet tart and creamsicle and I love both of them. creamsicle has to be applied more often then sweet tart ,which last forever on my lips, but I dont mind because I dont wear lipstick very often. They are both very nice in texture and I am really happy with them. I want to try more of the colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i liked the idea of them, but they made my lips so dry which im pretty sure is the opposite, the colors weren't to pigmented you couldn't even seem them on my lips.

on 2/24/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

One of the best lip makeup I have ever come across. Now it's my HG lipstick, along with Buxom lipgloss. I never use lipstick before this product, I just dislike the dryness in general, and I never look good with strong pigmentation on my lips, so I just skip using lipstick for years. After watching so many videos raving about this, I decide to give it a try.I am so glad I did! Not only because it's so moisturing but a large light color range (lighter pinks, peaches, nudes) which always suit me better. It also feels good, no scent, no chemical smell or anything, just lovely colors and never dry my lips out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Packaging: The packaging is cheap plastic with diamond shaped detailing along the lid. The plastic is somewhat see-through. There is a window on the top of the lip butter that lets you see what is inside, but that is also plastic and looks more cheap than the rest. Has a twist-up tube like a lipstick. Also has a sticker on the bottom to tell you the name of the lip butter, and to give you a preview of the color (though it's not completely true to the actual color).

Lastability: These last about 5 minutes for me. Most lip products come off when I eat or drink, and some stay on when I don't. This one, without licking my lips, rubbing them, or eating/drinking anything...lasted about 5 minutes. And they always only last about 5 minutes before they start to feel like there's nothing there (and there is, but it has faded). They completely come off within about 30 minutes. I am not over-exaggerating.

Texture: They are creamy and go on feel like a mix between a lipstick and a lip gloss. Almost like putting butter on your lips. (how appropriate).

Color-payoff: The color is intense on most shades. They are not sheer by any means, so you have to apply it as if you were applying a lipstick, not a sheer balm.

Etc: When I got my first lip butter, it had melted in my pocket. It didn't melt like all over my clothes, but the product did move and squish all over the tube. Haven't had that problem with the others.
Color Selection: The selection is great. They have a lot of colors to choose from...but...
Advice: Be careful in choosing your colors. There are some that look like they might work for you but then when you put them on, they don't look right. This happened to me with my first one. It made me look strange. This is a shortcoming of not having testers, but some stores do have them.

And..Using these has made my lips somewhat dry. There are ingredients in lip products that make you become addicted to wearing them. By that I mean, you always feel like your lips are dry so you add more product. Well I think this is one. Just be aware of that too.

Overall: I think these only deserve 3 lippies. They dry out the lips, but have good color, but don't last long. Hope this helps :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It really rocks big time. It feels like a Satiny-cocoa buttery feel. It has maximum stregnth and staying power. I like that is is kinda new. It got it at Walgreens in Candy Apple, and I got curious when something new comes out. I must try colorburst and Colorstay I was thinking. So I baught everything. This color is subdued and subtle,a nd I like the texture, feel, smell, power, and more etc...........The Loreal and ColorStay ones are better, but this isn't far behind. Beyond this lipstick, it has a glossy finish and is high shine

on 2/23/2012 3:58:00 PM

My new go to lip product. I ordered candy apple and peach parfait from the ulta website and i LOVE them. They are much more pigmented than i had expected and they're super moisturizing. Candy apple is my favorite because it's a very wearable red. Peach parfait has some shimmer to it and it looks great with my fair skin. I'm looking forward to getting more shades. They are a staple in my every day routine.

Popular Lipsticks