December 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2003 11:19:00 AM More reviews by diva2themax

I love Dior Addict. It smells so warm & spicy it's especially nice in the winter. It lasts all day on me & I get compliments on it all the time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 6:29:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Addict is a schizo scent with many personalities. Vanilla, patchouli, gardenia etc.. Too much for me to handle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2003 11:28:00 PM More reviews by DaniGurle

Mmmm...I got this for xmas and it's divine. It's smells great when I first spray it on and it's simply scrumptious after it dries down. It's a vanilla bourbon to me. It's just so sexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

I must agree with Penguin below - if you love Angel, this is your second favorite. I do love Angel, that is the one and only perfume I continuously purchase and true, Dior Addict is my new second favorite. Although, I do not detect any patchouli in Addict, which makes it more sweeter than Angel. The dry-down of Addict is pure heaven, and the vanilla in this does not smell as fake or plastic-like as I experienced with Dior's other fragrances (mainly Hypnotic Poison). Even though there is no perfume that can replace Angel - those who wanted to love Angel but hated the patchouli, may love this instead. Same effect on men, too ;-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very, very heavy vanilla-patchouli fragrance. Hint - if you like Angel, this is your 2nd favorite. Personally, it doesn't mesh and I tried Angel 3 separate times in hopes I was wrong. It's not going to take 3 tries with this one. Think vanilla velvet. Not a penguin's pick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Notes:Silk Tree Flower, Mandarin Leaf, Orange Blossom, Night Queen Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Mysore, Tonka Bean and Sandalwood. Reminds me at first spritz of another Christian Dior perfume Dune (which has notes of broom, wallflower, bergamot, vanilla, rose, lily,jasmine,peony, mandarin, amber,lichen, musk.)

So, it must be the orangy-ness of the bergamot and mandarin plus rose, vanilla and sandalwood that recalls the notes of Addict. I don't particularly like wearing Dune. The drydown, however, is something QUITE different. Whereas Dune dries down to a woodsy-greeness, Addict dries down to a warm woodsy Vanilla. VERY strong on the Bourbon vanilla with an assist from vanilla-like Tonka bean that gives a very floral sweet vanilla -- a Euro-style French vanilla. The sandalwood seems to be the fixatif and the whole drydown is very balanced. I hated the top notes, but the drydown is warm and sexy. Would I buy it? It is too similar to other millenial and 90's fragrances (Dune, Dolce Vita, and the plethora of vanillas on the market.) I prefer Dolce Vita from the Dior line, though this is a fine effort. It certainly hits the sweet spot of the popular taste in fragrances, and that's the problem. I think I'd be smelling this on every third woman. In summary; if you love vanilla and can stand the top notes, you probably will adore Addict. If you want an everyday scent and not a signature scent, one that men probably like (men like vanilla, supposedly) this is a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2003 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"Baby, it's cold outside..." It's funny, but when I wear this, that song's lyrics come to mind... b/c this scent is such a gorgeously warm, enticing fragrance, which I think is very seductive... and defn. a wonderful winter-cold weather scent, perfect for keeping me feelin warm, snug, and content. OK, maybe not content... LOL! More like... if I were to go out, I might attract some guys' attraction (that knowledge makes me content!). I admit that the first two times I tried this, it was a no-go. Just wasn't working out for me, as it has quite a heady accord to it when you first sniff it. But it settles... the vanilla gives it some heaviness, but it's not that simple, much more complex. The sandalwood really seems more apparent to me than the vanilla at the final dry-down, and I feel it is the heart of the fragrance. The jasmine gives the sandalwood's warmth a more sophisticated nuance... so it's not just deep smokey sandalwood-vanilla. Then I think there is orange blossom, or another floral which lends its coolness to make fragrance not so heavy and give it just a hint of confusion to my nose. I just adore it. The (third) time I tried this, I found it was somewhat reminiscent of Secrete Datura (which shares Bourbon Islands vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine) in its notes, just a little more powerful. i find now that what I find so reminiscent is that sandalwood-vanilla blend, but Secrete Datura has a "fruity" note to it, IMHO, which gives it a lighter approach. My SO doesn't notice fragrances, but when I made him sniff my wrist (I tried desparately to be subtle, to no effect) he was very intrigued and said it was very, very... enticing. ;-) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2003 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dara09

Aaaack... what was I thinking, trying this on without reading the reviews? I'm not a fan of vanilla / sweet / warm / spicy / strong scents so I should've stayed away.... Upon first spray, I thought... hmmm, not bad, slightly spicy and fresh (I detected nutmeg, for some strange reason). Then the vanilla emerged - oh man. To add insult to injury, it reminds me of Samsara, it's like Samsara-lite and I had a very, very traumatic experience with Samsara. I have to say that the bottle is gorgeous, though.

Edited to say: it is really, really, really strong.... I've scrubbed my wrist 2x and rubbed it with alcohol and yet the scent lingers on. I only spritzed a tiny amount too. Argh....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this for Christmas, and it is superb. I would describe it as indeed having vanilla notes, but there is a lot more to Addict than vanilla- I can smell tobacco, and orchid, and maybe a little gardenia, too? I first smelt it at an airport in October and was kind of turned off by it, I sprayed it on my wrist and got on the plane thinking "ew". Well, by the time we had been in the air for a couple of hours, I wanted it, I was in love. Unfortunately I was going home to Australia where it wasn't available for another month or so! Anyway, beautiful, original (well, what *else* smells like this??!?!) scent, with the most to-die-for packaging of the year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dana

Ahh, the smell of an addict =) I really like this scent. It has a definite rose note to it, but the sandalwood (I think) balances it perfectly to create a blatantly It's a 'I'm wearing a bustier and leather garter so come and get it' type of sexy. This scent is like Ghost EDP having a sexual outburst. It really does last all day long as well. If you like scents like HM Butterfly, CD Hypnotic Poison, Escada Collection you will want to sample this. You will probably like it.