July 25, 2014 | 1550 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2003 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"Baby, it's cold outside..." It's funny, but when I wear this, that song's lyrics come to mind... b/c this scent is such a gorgeously warm, enticing fragrance, which I think is very seductive... and defn. a wonderful winter-cold weather scent, perfect for keeping me feelin warm, snug, and content. OK, maybe not content... LOL! More like... if I were to go out, I might attract some guys' attraction (that knowledge makes me content!). I admit that the first two times I tried this, it was a no-go. Just wasn't working out for me, as it has quite a heady accord to it when you first sniff it. But it settles... the vanilla gives it some heaviness, but it's not that simple, much more complex. The sandalwood really seems more apparent to me than the vanilla at the final dry-down, and I feel it is the heart of the fragrance. The jasmine gives the sandalwood's warmth a more sophisticated nuance... so it's not just deep smokey sandalwood-vanilla. Then I think there is orange blossom, or another floral which lends its coolness to make fragrance not so heavy and give it just a hint of confusion to my nose. I just adore it. The (third) time I tried this, I found it was somewhat reminiscent of Secrete Datura (which shares Bourbon Islands vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine) in its notes, just a little more powerful. i find now that what I find so reminiscent is that sandalwood-vanilla blend, but Secrete Datura has a "fruity" note to it, IMHO, which gives it a lighter approach. My SO doesn't notice fragrances, but when I made him sniff my wrist (I tried desparately to be subtle, to no effect) he was very intrigued and said it was very, very... enticing. ;-) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2003 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dara09

Aaaack... what was I thinking, trying this on without reading the reviews? I'm not a fan of vanilla / sweet / warm / spicy / strong scents so I should've stayed away.... Upon first spray, I thought... hmmm, not bad, slightly spicy and fresh (I detected nutmeg, for some strange reason). Then the vanilla emerged - oh man. To add insult to injury, it reminds me of Samsara, it's like Samsara-lite and I had a very, very traumatic experience with Samsara. I have to say that the bottle is gorgeous, though.

Edited to say: it is really, really, really strong.... I've scrubbed my wrist 2x and rubbed it with alcohol and yet the scent lingers on. I only spritzed a tiny amount too. Argh....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this for Christmas, and it is superb. I would describe it as indeed having vanilla notes, but there is a lot more to Addict than vanilla- I can smell tobacco, and orchid, and maybe a little gardenia, too? I first smelt it at an airport in October and was kind of turned off by it, I sprayed it on my wrist and got on the plane thinking "ew". Well, by the time we had been in the air for a couple of hours, I wanted it, I was in love. Unfortunately I was going home to Australia where it wasn't available for another month or so! Anyway, beautiful, original (well, what *else* smells like this??!?!) scent, with the most to-die-for packaging of the year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dana

Ahh, the smell of an addict =) I really like this scent. It has a definite rose note to it, but the sandalwood (I think) balances it perfectly to create a blatantly It's a 'I'm wearing a bustier and leather garter so come and get it' type of sexy. This scent is like Ghost EDP having a sexual outburst. It really does last all day long as well. If you like scents like HM Butterfly, CD Hypnotic Poison, Escada Collection you will want to sample this. You will probably like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2002 2:15:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really had to have this! You see, I have these crazy notions that if I get the particular scent I am dying for at the time, I will successfully woo the man I want at the time.( Yes, I do have these immature thoughts at times....) I thought day and night about this. I sprayed it whenever I went into a store that had it. Finally I won the lotto, and it covered for me to buy a bottle of it. I got it, and really liked it the first day. The second day was OK. The third I didn't even want to look at it. It was like eating peanut butter pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner-and just as sweet! I am trying to find the receipt to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2002 8:57:00 AM More reviews by celedine

I really like this fragrance although it totally goes against all my fragrance preferances. I usually like light and woodsy/grassy/floral scents and this is definitely not that. It is spicey, but not so much that it's totally in your face, but just so that it's interesting(spicey scents usually give me headaches), and has just enough -not so much that it's sickly sweet- vanilla to soften it and give it warmth(vanilla usually makes me feel queasy). It totally lasts and lasts so you don't want to put a lot on. I like when I've forgotten I've put in on and it kind of whisps around when I move so I get an unexpected whiff of it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2002 9:17:00 AM More reviews by murphy15

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely, warm vanilla. It is a very sensual, exciting fragance, at the same time comforting. I think it is a matter of body chemistry, though, so try before you buy. If it works for you, it is well worth the $$$$.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2002 12:29:00 AM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

On first whiff, this reminded me strongly of Organza Indecence, only a little richer and sweeter, if you can imagine! Addict is indeed a warm, rich, sweet, spicy vanillic scent. All of these things add up to my ideal fragrance, except there is just a hint too much sandalwood to make me live and breathe this one. It's very very strong, which is why I can't give it 5/5. I am a wimp. The scent itself is delicious and makes me happy...but I'd love a splash bottle so I could control the amount I apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2002 10:21:00 AM More reviews by IreneB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a "What are you wearing" fragrance! I found this one while browsing through Sephora without having read any reviews. I loved it and a non-floral choice for me which is rare. People have compared it often to Angel which I can't wear. I have been wearing "Babydoll" which got me lots of compliments but got boring for me. I still have half a bottle of Annick Goutal Petite Cherie which I layered on top of Babydoll. However when I wear Cherie by itself, I have never received a compliment. On the other hand when I spritz on Addict I get compliments at the corner grocery store! It is so long lasting and not toopowdery on me, just RICH! EDIT: I ended up giving this away. Too overwhelming.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2002 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bedheadmelissa

Oh my. This is the NASTIEST perfume I have EVER smelled. It got so many raves that I had to smell it. After spraying it, I couldn't believe how awful it smelled. It reminded me of some medicine or something. When it did dry down it was slightly better but what the fuss is all about I do NOT know. Whew. Couldn't be PAID to wear this!