Dior Dior Addict EDP

3.9

on 2/11/2003 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of those I sampled and it took a few hours to settle! It went through different nuances throughout a few hours-- from a very strong start, to unbelievably awful (the mid notes smelled bizarre on my skin), and finally 3 hours later a faint vanilla scent emerged and stayed on and on. Has to be my body chemistry! Great staying power though, but who wants to go through 3 hours of body chemistry hell for a non-distinctive vanilla finale!!

on 2/9/2003 9:02:00 PM

I adore this sexy fragrance! It's a floral-oriental with top notes of silk tree flower and mandarin leaf, mid notes of orange blossom, night queen flower and bulgarian rose, it's base notes are bourbon vanilla absolute, mysore sandalwood and tonka bean. The bourbon vanilla and tonka bean dominate at the end but it very sexy and warm rather than sweet, and very long lasting, what I put on in the morning lasts all day. If you like floral orientals, do try this, I think you'll like it.

on 2/7/2003 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tested this in the store, and I DID NOT like it at all. And I LOVE sweet fragrances. It smelled musty, maybe mixed with my body chemistry in a very wrong way, because it smelled AWFUL on me. Oh well, I don't really think I'm missing out on this one.

on 2/5/2003 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay I really, really wanted to like this after I read all the great reviews on it. But I thought this was one of the most horrible perfumes that I have ever smelled. I tested it on my wrist in the store & it started out very strong & In Your Face smelling like alot of people said. So I gave it some time to settle in & after half an hour it was not as strong, but it still smelled really bad. Alot of people say that this reminds them of a sexy, mysterious woman. The only mystery I would think of if I smelled this on someone is "What the heck would make someone want to wear something that smells so bad?" Sorry to offend those who love it, but it almost made me gag. I was really more disapointed then disgusted though, because after I read the reviews I was hoping that this might be the perfect scent for me. Oh well ) =

on 2/2/2003 10:45:00 AM

I tested Addict on a scented strip when it first came out. I absolutely hated it as I found it to be just another department store heady fragrance...it reminded me of Hanae Mori and other vanillic scents I am not particularly fond of.

A couple months later I decided to try it on my skin and *ooooohhhhhhhh* it seems to work right with my body chemistry. The vanilla is not too sweet nor edible, it is a very rounded, creamy and complex fragrance. The drydown is soft and sensual and just one spritz suffices.

I think I am in love and this one is destined to be a new classic, as it happened with Angel.

on 1/30/2003 11:19:00 AM

I love Dior Addict. It smells so warm & spicy it's especially nice in the winter. It lasts all day on me & I get compliments on it all the time.

on 1/23/2003 6:29:00 PM

Addict is a schizo scent with many personalities. Vanilla, patchouli, gardenia etc.. Too much for me to handle.

on 1/14/2003 11:28:00 PM

Mmmm...I got this for xmas and it's divine. It's smells great when I first spray it on and it's simply scrumptious after it dries down. It's a vanilla bourbon to me. It's just so sexy.

on 1/14/2003 2:40:00 PM

I must agree with Penguin below - if you love Angel, this is your second favorite. I do love Angel, that is the one and only perfume I continuously purchase and true, Dior Addict is my new second favorite. Although, I do not detect any patchouli in Addict, which makes it more sweeter than Angel. The dry-down of Addict is pure heaven, and the vanilla in this does not smell as fake or plastic-like as I experienced with Dior's other fragrances (mainly Hypnotic Poison). Even though there is no perfume that can replace Angel - those who wanted to love Angel but hated the patchouli, may love this instead. Same effect on men, too ;-)

on 1/12/2003 6:20:00 PM

Very, very heavy vanilla-patchouli fragrance. Hint - if you like Angel, this is your 2nd favorite. Personally, it doesn't mesh and I tried Angel 3 separate times in hopes I was wrong. It's not going to take 3 tries with this one. Think vanilla velvet. Not a penguin's pick.

Popular Fragrances