Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 6/10/2011 12:52:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara!

I first stumbled upon the sister mascara version of Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Drama when it was released here. I always prefer my mascaras to have a very wet formula, and I was highly satisfied with that in the Falsies. But, and that's a big but. I soon started to hate the brush! At first it was fine but it is simply way too soft and fiddly to work with, and doesn't provide the control I need on my babysoft but somewhat long lashes.

Ladies, Maybelline amended any flaw there is with the other Volum' Express mascaras when they gave us the One by One! I was so surprised and in awe from the moment I tried it.
At first glance the rubber brush might look a bit too bulky, but it is easy to get right into the corners and work with. It gives the most defined, long, voluminous lashes, doesn't clump and works well to layer up. The rubber brush is amazing, and the packaging makes me happy everytime I put the makeup on for the day. :)
I am so glad I finally found a volumising mascara that doesn't give the impression to shorten the lashes at the same time it plumps them up as many others do, in my opinion.
I warmly recommend this one! :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This mascara is just... not that good. It doesn't work *that* well for me. I mean, it's okay, but I've used better mascara.
The separation isn't *so* great, I don't get enough volume, and I don't know about the length since I have long lashes anyways. But I think it does lengthen a bit.
I won't repurchase - My MAC mascara works a bit better anyways and MAC doesn't test on animals.
~~BUT the wand is preeettyy cool! I *love* it! I will definitely save it up as a spoolie (wash & preserve it) when my tube's done. And the smell of roses brings back memories from when I first got this ;}

on 6/6/2011 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Best non-waterproof mascara I've had so far! Obviously the brush suits all three of my short, straight, blonde eyelashes. I didn't get spider's legs, but the difference between au naturel and coloured in was spectacular, in my books. I only managed to rub a bit off - for me that's not too bad. Will try the waterproof when I can get it.

on 6/5/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this mascara. I've been religiously using Maxfactor False Lash effect but after I went to Superdrug to get some more, I couldn't find any and I was desperate. That's where I found this mascara as it was #1 mascara at the time so I thought why not.
When I first used it I was definitely impressed. My lashes are naturally thick and long and I always get complimented on them, so this mascara just accentuated that.
It leaves your lashes looking curvier, thickier and a lot longer and it stays on for a long time. Plus it's really cheap! I think I bought it for around 9. I personally think it's better than designer mascaras by YSL, Clinique and Dior.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I have used a few brands of drug store mascaras but always seem to go back to a Maybelline brand. Out of all of them, this is my favorite. I have never had an issue with clumping and it makes my lashes look fuller and longer after 2 coats. It doesn't stay wet long, which I like. I have also never had a problem applying and getting it on my eye shadow or below my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the results the mascara gives, amazing length & volume BUT this mascara flakes like crazy! ive never had a mascara that flaked so much, its awful

Rly gr8 mascara one of my faves takes 4ev 2 come off looked amazing

on 6/1/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I REALLY loved this mascara! Not only did it add length, but it also added a little bit of volume! My eyelashes are extremely short, so I praise this product! Great for people with short eyelashes!

on 5/31/2011 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product because id seen reviews on youtube and it had been advertised alot on the tv and in magazines. I purchased this product in superdrug for 7/8 which is quite expensive for a drugstore brand. I love the bright packaging of the tube and i love the plastic wand. The product lengths my lashes well and makes the seperated which makes them look like i have alot more lashes then i already have. I would buy this product again in the future.

on 5/29/2011 11:37:00 AM

The main reason why I switched to this mascara was because my maybelline falsies mascara was getting old and it was a pain getting that stuff off, since I got the waterproof formula. So, I picked up this kind in the washable formula and it worked pretty much the same as maybelline falsies, if not better (but I can't be sure... because the falsies mascara was kind of old and dry anyway xD). I love the brush, the packaging, makes my lashes look seperate and fuller. I wouldn't say my lashes are short, but they aren't long either. I do get compliments on them when wearing this mascara though. I wouldn't say it does wonders for the length, if you try layering this mascara it'll probably look clumpy and what not. I have yet to try layering different mascaras with it to see if the effect is the same. It also holds a curl fairly well, but you have to put alot of it on. Overall, it's my favorite... beats all of the high end expensive mascaras that I've tried.