Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 11/15/2011 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Again, another foundation that I had to buy :) Chanel, you blow me away with your foundations, even though more times than not, you are very expensive. This little lovely goes on like a dream. My skin looks alive and there is quite a bit of coverage. My gripe is the same as always with Chanel foundations - not enough colours. I bought B20 which I am hoping to get away with in the winter, because their lightest is way toooooo pink.
I generally use my fingers, but when I have time I use a stipling brush and my skin looks flawless.

on 11/14/2011 4:11:00 PM

I'm one of those people that think skin should look like skin. If you think the same way and have relatively good skin then this is a great foundation for you. It applies easily with fingers and is buildable. It does not feel heavy and does not clog pores. It is virtually undetectable (if applied properly) therefore giving you a polished but not overdone look. It will even out your skintone but it will not hide scars (that should always be left to concealer anyway). This foundation is long lasting and does not slip/slide. My skin doesn't get very oily with this foundation (even in hot summer temperatures) which is great. I even find it a little drying on the skin. If your skin is dry, it will definitely highlight all the little dry patches so make sure skin is well moisturized. I like the compact, plastic packaging which makes it easily transportable, but I think I would have preferred a see-through bottle so I can see how much product is left. They have a limited selection of colours so colour matching can be a bit of a problem. All in all, I think this is a great foundation and would highly recommend it.

on 11/14/2011 3:33:00 PM

I had heard such great buzz about this product on Youtube and random websites for months so I finally decided to cave in and get it. I will admit at first I wasn't blown away but decided to withhold my judgement until I had applied it several different ways. I have combination dry skin so I was worried about how it would apply. I didn't like the way it looked applied with fingers, beauty blender sponge or a regular foundation brush but once I used it with just a flat top brush I fell in love. (The brush isn't anything special). I love how blendable and light this foundation is. You would think being as light as it is you wouldn't really get a good amount of coverage but I've found that it tends to be light/medium coverage. I would definitely say that I have found my HG foundation. I love this foundation. Except I wish it had a pump other than that it's brilliant.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has been a real surprise to me, I always used Vitalumiere as I liked the dewy finish and how moisturising it was. However the coverage wasn't always that great, particularly on a scar I have on my cheek from surgery I had on a broken blood vessel-the redness would show through and the the sheeny texture would make the slighty uneven texture of the scar more noticeable. I had thought the only alternative would be a matte foundation which I've never liked, having quite dry skin. Vitalumiere Aqua though is matte enough to give much better coverage on my scar, it gives a nice "made up" look (again surprising as it is marketed as a light coverage "second skin" formula) and it really does perfect my skin and make it look kind of glowy! In spite of being a more matte finish my skin still looks and feels moisturised and the coverage is perfect, not too sheer but not mask like and heavy. I have used for several weeks now and highly recommend.
EDIT: After reading another reviewer saying she believed Chanel had changed some shades, I thought I'd add that this does seem to be the case. Having lost any trace of my tan (thanks British winter!) I tried a tester of the next shade down, B30 Beige Sable and, finding this OK I then ordered a full size one from Debenhams. When it arrived I was puzzled to find it was numbered as just 30 (no B) and the colour was simply Beige (no Sable) and when I compared it to the product in my tester sachet it is a slightly darker colour. According to the Chanel website this isn't even a shade they offer, they list B shades, BR shades and 1 BO shade. If I hadn't purchased from a legitimate stockist I would have wondered whether it was fake but Debenhams are an authorised high street department store with Chanel counters-and other than the shade it seems fine, even with the Chanel signature fragrance and a good finish.

on 11/8/2011 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Sorry to add to the hype guys, but this foundation truly is fabulous! I haven't given it 5 stars just incase I ever find anything else better, but I think that is highly unlikely.
Chanel really have delivered here! I am not a perfect match (I'd say I'd be a B15) but I am perfectly happy to look slightly warmer in B20 Beige-Tendre. I apply using my fingers, finding it just melts into my skin and then becomes virtually undetectable. I was worried reading reviews that it may be too sheer for the coverage I was looking for, but this is definitely buildable if you wish it to be so.
I have combo oily skin so it is important to clean and moisturise my skin accordingly before applying this, it wont work wonders by itself! As far as staying-power goes, I would give it (on my skin) around 6 hours before I have to touch up on my t-zone or chin, something which I am willing to do for the way it makes my skin look.
If you have sensitive skin or don't like heavily fragranced foundations then do be aware that this does have quite a strong floral scent to it, (which I personally find lovely).
As far as the packaging is concerned, I love it! Like a reviewer has said below, you dont have to worry about being abit gentle like you would with a glass bottle, its straight forward and no hassle.
Overall I am in love with this foundation, money well spent in my opinion.

on 11/5/2011 9:48:00 PM

Since I started using makeup, Chanel has been my to go foundation and my favorite was Teint Innocence but it got discontinued so I got recommended Vitalumiere Aqua, and to be honest I'm not crazy about it. I don't think it's good for oily skin, and it's sheer on blemishes. I'm just waiting to finish it so I can find a better foundation. No I won't be buying it again.

on 11/3/2011 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It's an okay 'foundation'. It doesnt give hardly any coverage at all, which i knew already, but i at least expected it to give my face a 'second layer of skin' but it really didnt do much, it was like a moisturizer for me! it sucks because i paid 395 HKD for this. i live in england, and its 31 GPB. Maybe i'm not using enough? i use my fingers to blend. after a few weeks of using this i went back to my revlon colorstay!

on 11/2/2011 3:54:00 PM

So I am kinda torn between loving and hating this foundation. I was between buying this foundation and the Laura Mercier tinted foundation which I hear is pretty similar in coverage. I am not the type of woman to look like I am wearing full coverage foundation so this was deffinetly a good choice.
It has a 15spf which is good if you like that sort of thing, i personally prefer low spf since I do like to use this for pictures and out at night and prefer not to look like casper. Besides, I think the average person now has an spf already in their moisturizer that they would put on beforehand so there really is no need for more imo. Like others have said it is VERY watery, i actually had not even felt it before I got home since I had it tested on me by the makeup artist. You must shake it also pretty intensly and remember to just put your finger over the spout rather than shake it up while the cap is on. If you shake it while the cap is still on it will spill out as soon as you open the bottle and it will be a mess. I have personally not had any problems with breakouts but I only wear this on weekends so that could be why. And as far as sticking to dry patches due to alcohol and the formulation I have had not had any problems, but I always scrub and moisturize before i apply and have combination oily skin. Overall i like this formulation but for the price i would probably buy the laura mercier next time since it is much more product for the same price and i havent been so wowed by this. Also Chanel should realy step up their game in the packaging. Plastic and no pump? really? this is chanel not maybelline. I would at least exepect the packaging to be on par with some of the other higher end brands.
BTW I applied this with my fingers and it did blend very easily but next time I will try it with a sponge just to see if the coverage is a bit heavier for some on my moles or scars.

on 11/2/2011 10:08:00 AM

I've waited a few weeks to review this foundation and I really really like it. It's light and evens out my complexion nicely. Feels really good on the skin. Not sure what color I have but got a very good match. I use it with the recommended primer from Chanel and am pleased.

on 10/30/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Chanel foundation. I like the texture, it's light and blends nicely into my skin, giving the illusions of not wearing any foundation at all. However, after few hours it does tend to get a bit cakey, which is not really visible unless you zoom into your skin. The coverage is really light, so you have to have a pretty good skin to begin with. I really like the packaging, it's simple and convenient. All other fancy bottles I'd owned before were broken due to intensive traveling, this one is really easy to throw into your luggage and not be worried. The perfume smell is okay and not something unpleasant, I am slightly worried about breaking out which seems to happen to many people.I've been using this for a week and so far it's doing good. I'll update if anything happens.
EDIT: Bought a new one, since I ran out of my foundation and didn't really have time to go swatch some new ones. I absolutely love it this time. It last whole day on me now and gives medium coverage. Upgrading to 5 stars now.