November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by urgirlclb17

This is a REALLY good foundation. Definitely one of the best drug store foundations out there (i'm also a fan of Revlon's Colorstay). This foundation gives great coverage and feels light weight. I have been using it for 2 years now and probably will continue to buy it since its a bit cheaper than Colorstay and does'nt dry as fast. Rimmel is starting to become my favorite drug store makeup brand, they have great mascaras too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so impressed and in love with Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation!! I purchased Ivory-100 (the lightest shade possible) and it is a fantastic match to my complexion with no pink undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, Almay Buff, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.
This foundation provides a medium to almost full coverage, but could easily be blended out for lighter coverage. I have tried both a m/u brush, my fingers, and a sponge and achieved great results with each. Sets relatively quickly and provides a satiny to almost matte finish. I use MAC's Prep + Prime translucent powder to set the foundation and it wore exceptionally well throughout the day with minimal blots and/or powderings needed. Never oxidized, seperated on my face or looks cakey. I have not had any breakouts, irritations, or clogged pores either. I personally just love this long wearing foundation and when ever I wear it I always receive compliments on my complexion, compared to other foundations and/or tinted moisturizers I enjoy using from my little collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lucamom

I love the shades and the coverage of this foundation. Unfortunately it made me break out terribly. I was so disappointed because it really is great foundation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Previously had used the original lasting finish for 16 hour wear. Was very good with lasting power, and color match but over time got drying. Since this 25 hour one claims to be more moisturizing I decided to give it a shot. I really really like it but can't see this working in the summer months. But now for the winter and spring its working great. The fragrance is a bit out there but fades as soon as it dries. Very camera friendly (: and had medium to full coverage. I prefer using my 187 or a flat buffer brush. 187 gives more natural coverage and the buffer brush gives more going out coverage. It is a squeeze tube so once you get product out that's it, So I take a little at a time to prevent wasting. The finish is way more Dewey then the 16 hour wear one, but the more I use Dewey foundations the more I like them. If I feel like looking matte I just top it off with a matte powder. I don't have that option with an already matte foundation it could only get more matte and that's not a good look for my face. So all in all I give this a 4 just because I wish it could be a year round foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by JWILLS

I ADORE this stuff! I have always been a Revlon ColorStay person and tried this becasue it was recommended on beautybroadcast ( though she also did recommend Cover Girl Perfect Point liner...that I hated!) I love, love, love this foundation. I have never gotten so many complements on my make up. It really does stay on great ( I set with Makeup Artist Choice Mineral powder). I use the lightest shade and it does look pretty dark in the tube. I was very skeptial when I bought but I apply with a damp sponge and it matches great. My new HG!!!!!!!!! I am just now starting to use Rimmel products.and am starting to fall in love.......

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nailgirlxoxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I regrettably bought this, thinking I had liked it in the past (16 hour). It smelled so potent with fragrance!! It has good coverage, however it settles into my nasal labial folds (I am only 29 and don't have wrinkles yet). Also, it gets shiny and wares within a few hours (I don’t have oily skin). I am sticking with my Revlon Colorstay and not straying again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Am really liking this product. I have used Revlon Colorstay, NARS Sheer Glow, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Covergirl Trublend, Smashbox foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet +, BareMinerals Matte, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation....and who knows how many more. This product works better than some of them, even the higher end ones like NARS and MUFE. This product is medium, easily full coverage foundation. The consistency is pretty thick. I stipple it on with a flat top foundation brush and then buff it out. The finish is matte/satin. very good coverage-I have acne/scarring and this covers both with no problems. I am usually the lightest shade and I purchased shade 100 and it matches well with no problems.
EDIT: i initially gave this product a 4 and am now revising to a 2. After my summer tan started to fade, the color was not a very good match for me any longer, and I could not find a lighter shade. The consistency became too thick after owning this product for a couple weeks, so I am back to using MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by pinkandgreendotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I would completely rave about this product, however it is a pretty good foundation. There are a lot of positive things about it....
I'm not sure about the whole 25 hour thing but it definitely lasts for at least a good 10 hours. It offers medium-full coverage and is easily applied with my fingers, which is always a plus in my book. I actually like the packaging quite a lot, the only thing that would make it better would be a pump simply because pump foundations are always easier in my opinion. The packaging is a good idea as the squeeze tube makes it very easy to get the product out and I feel like it will allow me to not lose much product, also the packaging prevents any air from being pushed into the bottle which will help decrease the spread of bacteria and help the product last longer.
Finally, though, there are a few CONS to this product to be aware of:

1) The shade selection is pretty slim. Fortunately I'm fairly pale so the 100 shade works well for me, but the next shade that I found at my store was 200 which is drastically darker, so when I fake tan I just mix the two together. It's not a huge problem but this is definitely a foundation you may just have to commit to mixing two colors together with, because an exact shade match seems rare to find.

2) While it's not too difficult to apply the foundation with my fingers, it is a little different in terms of blending. It's a very thick formula and doesn't glide quite so easily across the face. My advice is to use a good lightweight primer that smooths your skin out, it doesn't have to be fancy but it will definitely make the application smoother and easier, lately I've been using my E.L.F. mineral infused primer when I apply this foundation.

This is definitley one of my go-to everyday foundations and I do think it's a great deal because it's affordable to begin with, you get a good amount of product, and you normally always find it on some kind of sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dbourque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My biggest foundation issue is its lasting time. It's hard to find a foundation that stays put all day. I first fell in love with Revlon's ColorStay, but when I ran out of my bottle, I was not in any way prepared to dish out the ~$15 to repurchase so after some mild research, I picked up Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation and it has quickly become my favourite foundation ever. The price is great and the lasting power is amazing! I have darrrrrk circles and after hours on end spent at school, I still look alive! Excellent coverage, easy to blend, doesn't break me out. Definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Dominique428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have NC 35 skin tone and #202 best matches my skin tone. Medium coverage.
Works great with MAC's MSF in medium plus without looking matte while still giving a semi-dewey finish. That said, it def lasts all day. Face still looks put together.
Replaced all my more expensive foundations: MAC
studio fix, NARS sheer glow, Laura mercier silk creme, Chanel vitalumier. If I had to compare it to a high end foundation... It's smoothe like Chanel vitalumier but lasts ALOT longer

Only con is the inadequate color selection... They need more yellow tone colors...202 is the closest. Love this so much, I bought 2 back ups.