April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by 1BlueEyedGirl1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coverage: Medium-Full 5/5 (very buildable, use a thin amount for medium and a little more for full)
Finish: Natural & Dewy 5/5
Blends: Very well 5/5
Drying time: Drys fairly fast 4/5
Moisturizing/Hydrating: Yes 5/5
Lasts: through sweat- very strong lasting power 5/5
Packaging: Very Nice, Easy to Use 5/5
Transfers: Not really. Just a little bit after being worn for over 8 hours.. 5/5
I love ColorStay Foundation from Revlon and this is very comparable! It has the same lasting power and they both dry pretty fast after applied to the face. The differences are that the Rimmel is more moisturizing and leaves a dewy appearance on the skin, while Revlon (I use Normal/Dry Skin) drys to a matte finish which is fine during the day. The Rimmel is perfect for night and in photos as it has no SPF, doesn't need any touchup's to look amazing, and feels good on the skin. I purchased a color that was too dark for me but it blended very well... This also blends easier than the Revlon as it's more liquid-y while the Revlon has a thick consistency. So for day I continue to use Revlon but at night I use Rimmel.. couldn't be happier with these foundations:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by animalover4life

well it is very affordable first of all! i've gotten a lot of compliments from it! it leaves a really nice dewey finish, and if you apply powder, it is semi matte,it's really nice! you can apply a little to get medium coverage, or a lot to get full coverage. you don't look like an orange tanned crazy girl, and it lasts me about 10 hours!!! just don't touch your face too much, and this foundation will last you well the whole school day!

i bought mine for $6.5, and got the foundation primer, which was the same price, compared to my Clinique Even better foundation which i paid $24 for... well

CONS: no SPF.. only good for indoors like school day, can show your dry spots so make sure you moisturize well!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well second review for Rimmel and so far not so good. I bought this together with my special eyes eyeliner and well here goes my review:
This states it stays on for 25 hours, meaning all day, ok let me tell you it does not. I have major oily skin and the only thing that keeps it under control is Revlon Colorstay. Don't get me wrong , the consistancy of Rimmel 25 hour is amazing and hides imperfections and even my pores but after 9 hours it's sitting above my face. If I touch it, it will smear off, it becomes shiny and yet again I'm looking oily , the color changes too. I seems to get darker after awhile.
I use Buff in Colorstay but for Rimmel I got the True Ivory which is the second shade from the lightest being Ivory. I didn't want to look too pink so I only had this being my best bet, It was kind of off and looked fake-ish. I wont be buying this again, just not good for very oily girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I like this product for its shade and its consistency, but I don't believe that this lasts "25 hours". after about 3 hours, it starts to wear away at the tip of my nose and my chin. Also, I believe this has made my skin go from already bad to even worse. Ever since I started using it, I noticed my skin started to become irritated, red, and rough. My skin was never like that before. Either I got a bad batch or I'm allergic to an ingredient in this. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet....have been using it for about 2 months. I am pale, but I wear this in 201 - Classic Beige. It looks darker in the tube and on the sponge than it actually is because when I apply, it blends seamlessly into my skin. As I said, I use a sponge because I like a sheerer coverage...I just want something to even out my skin tone. It's light, doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't break me out whatsoever. This is what it says on the back of the tube:

"Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with revitalizing mineral complex and moisturizing aqua primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day."

I CAN attest to the fact that it's sweat, heat and humidity proof. I live in North Texas and we've had a very warm Indian Summer (was 80 and humid just last week...in November!!!!). My foundation looked good through all that. I cannot attest to 25 hours of wear because....who does that?, LOL. I can attest to 11 hours...lasts a full work day and beyond. Seems to be transfer resistant...don't find it on my clothes. All in all, a good foundation and probably a bit lighter feeling than Revlon ColorStay which I've also used in the past. And the price can't be beat...Rimmel is a very affordable brand. Since it's a drugstore find, most stores will allow you to return if you absolutely hate it. Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS will all let you return if you must. I do believe I will buy again...am probably about half way through the tube.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by melvans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many different brands and types of foundation and this is by far my favourite. I have combination skin. I am really, really picky. I love how this foundation look like you not wearing makeup. gives you that natural not-dewy-but-not flat-mate finish. It last so freakin' long. I really don't know if I believe it would last 25hrs, but who needs it to? I wore it all day, around 12-13 hours and remained. I helped cater a wedding that day. I was in a hot, steamy kitchen and it lasted. I was amazed! BUT my favourite part was by far the fact it didn't feel heavy. I hate the way most foundations feel, even higher end like mac. Once oyu skin get oily the feel caked and heavy. but this didn't it feels like a moisturizer. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

So it is about time I have to write a review for this. First off let me tell you, I have very oily skin, acne, acne mark skin. I love that it comes in a tube. I use my fingers along with a sponge. Blends pretty darn good. I must say prior to this foundation I've been using laura mercier silk creme foundation, which I also love, but it was waaay to pricey. the 25 hr foundation is full coverage and last a pretty long time. I only have to touch up ONCE compare to many. It also gives you that matte finish I'm looking for, but I want something that looks natural. You can tell I have foundation on. That's why I love LM foundation. As I read other people reviews, they mention it broke them out. YES! But not a lot. it is controllable if you have a good acne cleanser. I will definitely buy again and for only 6.49. Why not? I do recommend this to who ever suffer from oily skin, redness, acne marks, etc.

Sorry I had to rewrite a comment about this.. I thought this was a best alternative to Laura Mercier foundation, but it doesn't compare. Let me tell you why. The other day as I jus put on makeup and had lunch. I notice after lunch in the mirror how my face looked sUPER cakey and how DIRTTY my face look. I will go bak to laura mercier, thank you very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by asiaisthebest

LOVE this foundation! Perfect amount of coverage, nice blendability, even smells good! Can't beat it for the price. I just applied it for the first time a few minutes ago so I can't vouch for how long it lasts or whether or not it will cause me to break out, but so far so good! Will definitely repurchase if it holds up nicely.

UPDATE: After tring a couple more expensive foundations when my tube of Rimmel ran out, I now know, IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS! This is without a doubt my HG foundation. It has never made me break out, matches my skin perfectly, has an excellent finish and lasts forever. And oh yeah, I just picked up a tube for $6...Canadian!

Booyah!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by PMC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been testing a few foundations lately for my oily but sensitive skin to replace Revlon ColorStay - which wears forever but makes me break out - and this Rimmel one came up the winner. Tested on various days and sometimes one on each side of my face at the same time: Lasting Finish, Chanel Mat Lumiere, Chanel Photo Lumiere, Bare Escentuals Matte, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. The Mat Lumiere was a nice texture but did not wear long enough, the Photo Lumiere was too slick for my oily skin, Bare Escentuals Matte was TOO matte and seemed to deaden my skin in an unflattering way (don't like the regular one either, too sparkly which shows up my pores too much), and the DW seemed a bit drying and cakey. So it came down to Lasting Finish vs. DW Light. DW Light has a nice satin finish and lasted well. But the Rimmel came up on top because it actually seemed to tighten my skin a bit, giving it the illusion of being more taut and smoother, without giving it a dry appearance and without being heavy. It had decent coverage and took care of my large pores pretty well. It lasted as long as the DW Light and wore off evenly and without patches or slicks. It also costs less than one-fourth the price of the DW Light. And so far, no breakouts.
I like makeup that is slightly warm-toned, and the Warm Ivory was a good choice for me. You need to apply it quickly and with a light hand, less is more. It looks lighter when going on but dries a shade darker. So if it looks one shade too light when you're first applying, it'll probably dry to the perfect shade.
This foundation will probably be too drying for anyone with dry skin, but if you're oily or live in a humid climate, this is a very good product. Kudos to Rimmel for outgunning the expensive name brands.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ladylove88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade 202 Nude. In the bottle it looks like it would be my shade, and i even tested on my hand. It was a little darker then my hand, since your face is usually darker. When I appied it on my face after i got home and it was a lot lighter then my skin color. So i mixed it with my current foundation (which is a bit darker since I am getting lighter cause it's Novemeber), and it made a perfect match to my skin tone!

The consistency is kinda thick, and easy to blend. I use a flat foundation brush. I found that it didnt look cakey or too heavy. I love this foundation and it works great. Too bad the selection of shades is limited. I found after reading the reviews, a lot of people are mixing thier foundation for the perfect shade. Overall, great foundation and will be purchased again!