August 1, 2014 | 1323 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really easy to use and it has very nice, comfortable packaging. I got a color in medium (2) which is a little bit too dark but it's better that the lighter one. For me, it works great just as a concealer, not as moisturizer. After few hours I find it too drying on my skin. I wasn't using it anymore but will give a second chance and update.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by VickiD1113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Saw this on TV & had a $3 off coupon, so I bought it. Due to an eye condition, I developed dark circles all around my eyes. Other eye concealers I tried were too drying or cakey, or they irritated my eyes. This product doesnt irritate my eyes at all.

I like the idea of a roller ball applicator. It is very easy on the delicate eye area, & it does feel "cool" when applying. My biggest complaint is the color; it isnt a dark enough yellow for my olive toned/med. skin. A yellow base color is great for dark circles, but all gals know that a concealer that's too light, will accentuate those dark circles. And it does do this on me. I have to counteract that by using a darker shade of foundation under & around my eyes than I do on my face, & even at that I can still see the concealer somewhat.

I tried it as a cover-up on other areas of my face to see what would happen, & to my surprize it covers slight imperfections pretty good, but again is too light for my skin tone. It wont work on major blemishes or redness, but it's ok for mild ones.

if I use a moisturizer under it, it isnt drying, & it does brighten the eye area, but I wont purchase it again unless Garnier has more color slections. Any cosmetic company should know, that you cant have a "One color fits all" eye concealer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect coverage for me - light and natural looking. Feels good under eyes. Roller applicator is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I tried this after watching a youtube video where it was raved about. I was able to use a few coupons while on sale at Rite Aid so I thought it was worth trying out. I am so glad I did!

First of all, lets talk price here, because when I first was how much it was I thought it was pretty expensive for a drugstore product. But, let’s compare to some similar products, shall we?

-Bobbi Brown tinted eye brightener is $38 for .05 oz = $760/oz
-YSL Touche Eclat is $33 for 0.1 oz - $330/oz
- L'Oreal Visible Lift Under Eye is $12 for .05 0z = $240/0z
-Maybelline instant age rewind double fade perfector is $7 for .09 oz = $77.78/oz
- Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base + Concealer is $9 for .22 oz = $40/oz
-Garnier anti-dark circle roller is around $12 for .5 oz = $24/oz! That’s cheap! (and I purchased it for much less then this with a combo of a sale, rite aid coupin & a ganier coupon found online)

This is not to say that these are all equal products, but having tried most of these, they are all similar in that they are under eye concealers/brighteners with a light consistency and a brightening affect. But now that we’ve compared all these, we can really put this into perspective.

So now onto the actually product review:
This is a lightweight under eye brightener. It is very thin in consistency, making is easy to blend in and smooth out, but it still gives a sheer coverage. I have very dark under eye circles, and for me under eye concealer is a necessity. The applicator is unique in that you use a metal roller ball – similar to that of a roll on perfume – to apply it under the eye. I then tap lightly with my finger and bend. It gives a slight sheen that really brightens the are making it look much improved. The roller is cool to the touch, and feels surprisingly nice when you apply.

In terms of wear, it can have some slight creasing if I apply to much, but it surely isn’t bad when it happens. usually, it doesn't crease at all. It can be built up if necessary, but I would let it dry between layers so it wont crease because once it dies it's fine. It can be touched up throughout the day without caking up. It does last all day for me. On days when I am really tired I still might use a corrector under this, but on most days it is enough for me, and like I said, I feel I have pretty dark under eye circles.

What I also love is how natural this looks. I can wear this and no other makeup and you wouldn’t be able to tell. It seems to just blend right in. It isn’t full coverage, but it works to also reduce redness. I sometimes bring it down the sides of my nose and cheeks to reduce redness. I have eve used it as a concealer in a pinch with surprisingly decent results. I loved this so much I went and bought one to put in my purse and one back up, It has truly become a staple! I can’t imagine how long it will take to use it up, considering the generous amount of product you get. I also think that because of the packing that you wont waste a lot. A lot of the other brighteners I mentioned have very faulty packaging in that you will never get to use every last but unless you break it open.

Now, I know this review is getting long, but I must touch on one more thing: the claims. Take these with a grain of salt. This claims to be a moisturizing eye treatment and a concealer in one containing “caffeine gel, lemon essence and mineral pigments” which in conjunction with the roller ball is supposed to “energize and stimulate micro-circulation” (whatever that is) “brighten and instantly correct dark circles.”

Ok, so, moisturizing – I don’t really think so. I still use Olay Regenrist serum (the regular is the same as the eye, by the way, so don’t by both) underneath. I don’t feel like it can adequately replace that. The roller ball feels great, but I don’t know that it does anything else. That part seems like a gimmick to me. As for caffeine, from what I understand, it isn’t really proven to do anything. And lemon essence, or lemon extract as it is on the ingredients list, I don’t think this does anything good. In fact, according to beautypedia.com’s dictionary, it is a possible irritant. (however, I don’t have any issues with sensitivity) As for the other ingredients: water, silicones (cyclopentasiloxane, PEG10) and other ‘slip agents’/emollients are all good things to be desired. Minerals include talc (which is fine, by the way) and not much else, but I think they just throw the mineral part in there because we are trained to believe that mineral = good for the skin. It does have alcohol listed as the 3rd ingredient, which is something I would avoid normally, as it can be damaging to the skin, especially such sensitive skin around the eye.

Also, the color selection, while is fine for me, is really lacking. I don't know how this will work for you dark skinned girls. I also would be even happier with it if it contained an SPF, which might actually do something beatifical for the area unlike a lot of the crap they threw in here.

In all, this is a great under eye coneaclear, but not a great under eye treatment. I does have some ingredients that are concerning, and it sort of a gimmick. All that aside, for what it does to improve my overall look makes it a product I highly recommend it.

*** I just want to update and say I am still loving it. It's been months and I've barely made a dent. I have been paring it with a thicker/creamer concealer for more coverage, and I have not seen any reducing in the darkness over time like it claims - but no moisturizer will.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

After trying this for a while I didn't like it. It didn't conceal but only slightly brightened my under eye area. I think that's the closest thing to being a "pro" for this product. To add on to the cons, this also made my dark bags worse. I've tried so many products and this is the first that has done something besides nothing. If this is what I get then I'd prefer nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by braveheartkim

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I ran out of my standard HG $90 eye cream that was discontinued and needed to grab something quick to hold me over, so I grabbed this on a whim and WOW !! I can't say it's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced and I definitely need to use another moisturizing eye cream under it, but this stuff is AWESOME !!! I even used it to dab all over my face to cover blemishes and uneven areas and quickly blended it and it completely disappeared into my skin-tone and covered flawlessly and looked completely natural! I think I accidentally found my HG for emergency eye concealer, treatment, and quick touch-ups for blemishes all OVER my face/neck/chin !! I kept checking my face in the mirror at work all day to make sure it wasn't creasing on my eye-lids or under my eyes or looking smeary anywhere else on my face and my face looked flawless ALL DAY !!!

My quick routine this morning was my usual Cleanser (Neutrogena Clear Pore), Toner (Proactiv Toner), Garnier Nutritioniste Eye Cream, and then a quick swipe under and over each eye with this roller and then dabbed and blended it quickly all over my face and the results were AMAZING !!! I'm very very pleased and will be keeping this awesome new little find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

oh my goodness ladies (and gents), believe the hype! I brought this on a whim, but what a whim! This stuff is the bomb. Its thin watery texture actually works better than most thick pastey under eye concealers. I have those awful hereditary circles that we all dread. Yesterday I applied with no corrector - good. In fact, very good considering its ease of application and additional benefits. For the few mornings last week, I applied with BB bisque corrector... great! Of course with a moisturiser. Best of all, I re-applied mid afternoon (I was having my photo taken) and marvel! No creasing, no caking - completely natural. And I'm not a spring chicken, so these are the things I look for. Wow. I have the colour available in the US, I believe its light so if you're an NC15-25, please try this. I believe you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by virgospell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never used under-eye concealer before for fear of it settling in creases and looking obvious, not to mention the dreaded white under-eye cast that shows up in photos. Then my sister told me it was a hit on MUA. Maybe she was hinting around that my dark circles were making me look tired. Whatever it was, I'm glad she told me because I love it. Didn't realize how much I needed it until I washed my makeup off that evening. The results were dramatic. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead without it on. It just makes me look way better but in a natural way. Highly recommend! Got it at Walgreens for $12.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by psobotka

I am pretty happy with this product. After having a baby 5 years ago, my dark circles got worse and worse. This product feels great, conceals the darkness quite well and doesn't look like concealer. To date, it is the best product I have found for the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! no breakouts, good color for my olive skin, brought it on vacation and it traveled well! & love the cooling sensation!! which is really great in the morning... I still use it with a bit of concealer on "bad" days, but it could be used alone. My only complaint is that i ran out in a month and a half!!! And now i cant find it under 20$... Sephora's concealers might be expensive but atleast they last forever....