November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Jwls23

Amazing I have tried many many under eye concealers and have never found one quite like this. It covers amazingly well and because it is so thin in consistency it blends really well. For me this is a huge plus b/c it allows you to be very gentle with your under eye area while still getting excellent coverage. Most concealers with this amount of coverage are super thick or drying which can cause damage to your under eyes by drying out the skin or causing you to tug on your skin to blend. This is amazing! I want to buy it for all the other ladies in my life! Picking one up for my momma for sure! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit...I was dubious.

I have very dark undereye circles that are hereditary. No amount of sleep, or water, or anything else diminishes them. Naturally, I tend to seek out heavy duty products to conceal. And baby...I have tried them ALL.

My problem lately is that at the age of 41, I also have fine lines to contend with. That makes concealing a problem, since most of the heavier coverage options tend to emphasize those lines by either settling into them or creasing around them. I've realized I'm going to have to sacrifice some coverage in order to get a more natural and youthful look from my concealer.

So I decided to give this a try after reading all the positive reviews. I did not have high hopes, as it didn't seem possible that such a liquidy formulation could do what I needed it to do.

Did it completely cover my undereye circles? No. But I didn't expect it to. But it did provide A LOT more coverage than I expected; enough that I was comfortable with the look I achieved. I was also surprised by the so-called "brightening" properties. I always take that claim with a grain of salt, but I do think it gave that area a little extra brightness.

I also found it to be very good for spot concealing on my face, although to be honest I don't have serious issues to cover. I do have some post acne hyperpigmentation though, and the occasional blemish. I've found it more than adequate to address those minor issues. I've also found that because it does have a very light consistency, it can be layered to a degree without becoming cakey or unnatural looking, This also means that I can reapply if needed without worrying.

Best of all? It didn't crease or cake or get that odd-spider webby texture that some concealers do. For that reason, I think it makes me look fresher and more youthful than a heavy duty product.

The rollerball applicator...eh. Not horrible, not great. I do think it's convenient for tossing in my purse and it works just fine in a pinch. But at home I dab it onto a concealer brush to apply.

All in all a great little prodcut and definitely worth the eleven dollar price tag. I think this will last a really long time, making it an even greater value.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Really great product! It has a tint to it so I use it as a concealer. I find it really disgusises my undereye circles and it blends in very easily. I can use this even when I have no other makeup on my face and it seems to hide my dark circles without looking like I'm obviously wearing concealer. I haven't really noticed a difference in my undereye circles without makeup even though its a treatment, but then again I haven't been using it long enough to show drastic results. I love the roller ball applicator because it distributes just the right amount of product. It feels cooling on the eyes too. I would highly recommend this to fair/medium complexions with undereye circles. The tint might be too light for darker skin colors. Its a double duty concealer/treatment product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by acolquette

Best product ever!!! This is the only thing that I have found that actually covers my dark circles. I don't like wearing concealer if I'm not wearing full makeup. This is great for putting on when I'm running errands or just hanging out. It covers the dark circles without looking fake, caked on, or too bright. It makes my face look fresh, natural, and dark circle free! Excellent, excellent product. It's a lot cheaper than other products on the market and it actually works for the price. I would highly recommend!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by schreibers626

LOVE this stuff! I had seen ads for it before, but figured it was just a gimmick and did not want to waste my money. I found it on clearance for only a few dollars and figured since it was so cheap I might as well give it a try. Now I'm addicted :)
First off, the coolness under my eyes helps me wake up in the morning. After reading reviews, I keep mine in the fridge to make it even colder. The best part though is the concealer, which for me works better than any other concealer I've tried for under my eyes. It has also lasted me a few months of every day use, so it is well worth the price. This is definitely something I will continue to buy in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by hellobri

I read some reviews on this and they were kinda 50/50, but i needed something for my bad under eye circles, and i bought this to try out. I really like it surprisingly, i have bad under eye circles that look like i got punched in the eye. And i use this and it looks natural and not cakey at all, and moisturizing. I kinda use it as a base aswell to my hard candy Glamoflauge concealer. Those two together. make my eyes look bright and awake, but even using it on its own looks nice as well. I would fer sure buy this again, i like it alot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really easy to use and it has very nice, comfortable packaging. I got a color in medium (2) which is a little bit too dark but it's better that the lighter one. For me, it works great just as a concealer, not as moisturizer. After few hours I find it too drying on my skin. I wasn't using it anymore but will give a second chance and update.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by VickiD1113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Saw this on TV & had a $3 off coupon, so I bought it. Due to an eye condition, I developed dark circles all around my eyes. Other eye concealers I tried were too drying or cakey, or they irritated my eyes. This product doesnt irritate my eyes at all.

I like the idea of a roller ball applicator. It is very easy on the delicate eye area, & it does feel "cool" when applying. My biggest complaint is the color; it isnt a dark enough yellow for my olive toned/med. skin. A yellow base color is great for dark circles, but all gals know that a concealer that's too light, will accentuate those dark circles. And it does do this on me. I have to counteract that by using a darker shade of foundation under & around my eyes than I do on my face, & even at that I can still see the concealer somewhat.

I tried it as a cover-up on other areas of my face to see what would happen, & to my surprize it covers slight imperfections pretty good, but again is too light for my skin tone. It wont work on major blemishes or redness, but it's ok for mild ones.

if I use a moisturizer under it, it isnt drying, & it does brighten the eye area, but I wont purchase it again unless Garnier has more color slections. Any cosmetic company should know, that you cant have a "One color fits all" eye concealer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect coverage for me - light and natural looking. Feels good under eyes. Roller applicator is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I tried this after watching a youtube video where it was raved about. I was able to use a few coupons while on sale at Rite Aid so I thought it was worth trying out. I am so glad I did!

First of all, lets talk price here, because when I first was how much it was I thought it was pretty expensive for a drugstore product. But, let’s compare to some similar products, shall we?

-Bobbi Brown tinted eye brightener is $38 for .05 oz = $760/oz
-YSL Touche Eclat is $33 for 0.1 oz - $330/oz
- L'Oreal Visible Lift Under Eye is $12 for .05 0z = $240/0z
-Maybelline instant age rewind double fade perfector is $7 for .09 oz = $77.78/oz
- Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base + Concealer is $9 for .22 oz = $40/oz
-Garnier anti-dark circle roller is around $12 for .5 oz = $24/oz! That’s cheap! (and I purchased it for much less then this with a combo of a sale, rite aid coupin & a ganier coupon found online)

This is not to say that these are all equal products, but having tried most of these, they are all similar in that they are under eye concealers/brighteners with a light consistency and a brightening affect. But now that we’ve compared all these, we can really put this into perspective.

So now onto the actually product review:
This is a lightweight under eye brightener. It is very thin in consistency, making is easy to blend in and smooth out, but it still gives a sheer coverage. I have very dark under eye circles, and for me under eye concealer is a necessity. The applicator is unique in that you use a metal roller ball – similar to that of a roll on perfume – to apply it under the eye. I then tap lightly with my finger and bend. It gives a slight sheen that really brightens the are making it look much improved. The roller is cool to the touch, and feels surprisingly nice when you apply.

In terms of wear, it can have some slight creasing if I apply to much, but it surely isn’t bad when it happens. usually, it doesn't crease at all. It can be built up if necessary, but I would let it dry between layers so it wont crease because once it dies it's fine. It can be touched up throughout the day without caking up. It does last all day for me. On days when I am really tired I still might use a corrector under this, but on most days it is enough for me, and like I said, I feel I have pretty dark under eye circles.

What I also love is how natural this looks. I can wear this and no other makeup and you wouldn’t be able to tell. It seems to just blend right in. It isn’t full coverage, but it works to also reduce redness. I sometimes bring it down the sides of my nose and cheeks to reduce redness. I have eve used it as a concealer in a pinch with surprisingly decent results. I loved this so much I went and bought one to put in my purse and one back up, It has truly become a staple! I can’t imagine how long it will take to use it up, considering the generous amount of product you get. I also think that because of the packing that you wont waste a lot. A lot of the other brighteners I mentioned have very faulty packaging in that you will never get to use every last but unless you break it open.

Now, I know this review is getting long, but I must touch on one more thing: the claims. Take these with a grain of salt. This claims to be a moisturizing eye treatment and a concealer in one containing “caffeine gel, lemon essence and mineral pigments” which in conjunction with the roller ball is supposed to “energize and stimulate micro-circulation” (whatever that is) “brighten and instantly correct dark circles.”

Ok, so, moisturizing – I don’t really think so. I still use Olay Regenrist serum (the regular is the same as the eye, by the way, so don’t by both) underneath. I don’t feel like it can adequately replace that. The roller ball feels great, but I don’t know that it does anything else. That part seems like a gimmick to me. As for caffeine, from what I understand, it isn’t really proven to do anything. And lemon essence, or lemon extract as it is on the ingredients list, I don’t think this does anything good. In fact, according to beautypedia.com’s dictionary, it is a possible irritant. (however, I don’t have any issues with sensitivity) As for the other ingredients: water, silicones (cyclopentasiloxane, PEG10) and other ‘slip agents’/emollients are all good things to be desired. Minerals include talc (which is fine, by the way) and not much else, but I think they just throw the mineral part in there because we are trained to believe that mineral = good for the skin. It does have alcohol listed as the 3rd ingredient, which is something I would avoid normally, as it can be damaging to the skin, especially such sensitive skin around the eye.

Also, the color selection, while is fine for me, is really lacking. I don't know how this will work for you dark skinned girls. I also would be even happier with it if it contained an SPF, which might actually do something beatifical for the area unlike a lot of the crap they threw in here.

In all, this is a great under eye coneaclear, but not a great under eye treatment. I does have some ingredients that are concerning, and it sort of a gimmick. All that aside, for what it does to improve my overall look makes it a product I highly recommend it.

*** I just want to update and say I am still loving it. It's been months and I've barely made a dent. I have been paring it with a thicker/creamer concealer for more coverage, and I have not seen any reducing in the darkness over time like it claims - but no moisturizer will.

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No