July 30, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

I have had this for a week now. I have used it every day and I have to say I am really impressed. Being a recessionista I bought it on a whim when my usual Revlon CS was running out and it wasn't on offer. This was 3 for 2 at Superdrug UK so I got 2 shades (52 and 53)

it turned out 52 was perfect for me! 53 Is slightly too dark, but i have been mixing it with what remained of my revlon cs and that combo btw is fantastic! For review purposes I'll just review the 52 worn alone :D

it covers really well, and the product smells amazing when applying it! Luckily though the smell does not linger so you can put on your regular scent.

My skin is in pretty good condition so I can't comment on coverage if you had acne etc, but the only downside I can comment on is that I do have an oily forehead and while it lasts all day at work, if i was going anywhere after work i would have to touch up with powder
that said, its is not an oil slick, it is more dewy as it is supposed to be and as advertised, i feel that it is just my personal preference to not have a shiny forhead.

i would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
coverage*: 4
texture: 5
feeling on the skin: 5
skin-type**: 5
blendable?: 5
staying power: 4
TOTAL POINTS: 28 of 30 = excellent
* Is the coverage what it's supposed to be?
** Does it suit the skin type(s) it's supposed to be for?

OMG! The best drug store foundation I have ever had (see points above - they tell you all)! It has a semi-matte finish, so it's suitable for combination skin (I have an oily T-zone) and doesn't make you look dull at the same time. I like the concept: "radiance, hydration, antioxidant, energy". The consistency is liquid but still creamy and it goes on and blends like a dream (tried with a foundation and a duo fibre brush). I use shade No. 51 Vanille Clair, which is one of the few drugstore colours that suit my fair skin. I hope Bourjois never discontinous!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

I love this foundation. I am very picky about foundations and have tried so many. This is comparable to a high-end department store foundation, but can be found in drugstores in the UK. (In the US, Ulta carries Bourjois, but I don't know about this specific foundation).

The color is perfect - all of their colors are more yellow, like department store foundations, unlike most drugstore foundations, that tend to be too pink. Color 52 is perfect for me.

The texture and coverage reminds me of several Lancome foundations.

The best part - I thought such a lovely foundation wouldn't last - normally, to have it last all day, you need a thick, heavy foundation like Revlon Colorstay. Not so - this lasted me all day at work, and I work in a wildlife hospital, running around, working hard!

I don't post a lot but signed on just to sing the praises of this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lottielovesste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my favourite foundation and works really well for dry skin but also provides excellent coverage
i purchased this from boots at an introductory offer price for about £5
i've since bought it again and i think it's still only £8
i'm not too sure if i'm keen on the plastic bottle but i like how it pushes the product up with a pump and you can see how much product you have left
oh and this is the nicest smelling foundation ever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by MsMarley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really like this... very easy to apply, doesn't streak or oxidise. Coverage is medium but you can layer it up or apply more thinly, very versatile. Finish is semi matte with a glow, no shine or sparkles, very natural. Lasted well on me but did start to settle into pores at the very end of the day when my skin started to get a bit greasy after 9-10 hours of wearing. Smells good but not overpowering. Comes in plastic pump bottle which is convienient but not very glamourous, but what do you expect for £6. Bargain! I use this when i need a little more coverage and lasting power than my Vitalumiere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jadeeexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own this foundation in No 51 - Light Vanilla/Vanille Clair. (perfect match to my skin tone)

Healthy Mix Foundation is infused with:
Apricot - Radiance
Melon - Hydration
Apple - Anti-Oxidant
Ginger - Energy

The formula of this foundation is amazing, i would say it is medium coverage but buildable to full coverage. This foundation is easy to blend, the only problem i have with the formula, is i find i always have to use a powder as it is very shiny on your face when dry, so not really suitable for oily skin. It smells delicious, really fruity unlike any other foundation i have tried. I have re-purchased this foundation once, and both bottles, the pump has stopped working as well which is abit of a dissapointment. I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and occasionally with my fingers, but i prefer to use a brush. I will continue to buy this foundation as i would say it is the best i have ever tried. I love it !!

I bought mine for £10 from superdrug

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

*************** Update - I discovered that this has cyclopentasiloxane in it and that was causing clogs and other problems so although I absolutely love this foundation, I unfortunately can't use this and had to give it away.

*******************
I have waited until I have used this a few times before giving a review. I decided to buy it after reading good things on here. I'm a lightish olive and have struggled to get a good match in the past. I found that '53' is perfect and just sinks in along my jawline, with very littloe blending. I have some nasty acne scarring but don't like heavy coverage. I find this perfect. It conceals nicely and can be built up on the scars on my jaw line. I've tried applying it with my fingers (which was good) and a foundation brush. I prefer the look when I use a brush. I use it with a primer and it seems to last well. I still get a little shiny on my forehead and cheeks a little later in the day, but it's ok. I just re apply some powder. I can break out quite easily and this hasn't caused a problem at all. I bought it on offer at Boots and it cost £6 which I think is very good in deed. I will definitely re buy and recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i wanted to love this foundation. and i thought i loved it. the smell was amazing. and the ingredients seemed pretty okay, not that bad.

but it broke me out! i knew it was this foundation because it is the only thing i have changed in my entire routine. after using this foundation once, just once, i have bumps all over my cheeks & on my jawline! i cleansed really well (since i seldom use liquid foundation & if i do, i make sure i cleanse REALLY well.)
but no, so many bumps appeared. it disappointed me so much, i threw it away immediately.

i am happy for those of you who loved this product. i wish i can love it too. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by franklyscarlet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as it was on offer in Boots.I got the lightest shade and it matches perfectly.I love the bottle,its plastic and has a pump!! I hate glass bottles and foundations with no pumps.Anyway the liquid is lovely and blendable,goes on very smoothly and looks glowy and natural.Will buy it again when it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Roxy28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice product, I wouldn't buy it again though, because it wasn't the best for my skin type.

Pros:

- Blends well
- Nice smell
- Looks natural, I think that's the best thing of that foundation!
- Medium coverage

Cons:

- Doesn't stay all day long, especially when you have a combination skin! When your skin starts getting oily, the foundation tends to disappear pretty quickly.

- The packaging. The little pump of my bottle sometimes get stuck and I need like 5 minutes to get the right amount of foundation, not great when you are in a hurry in the morning.

- The colour range isn't very wide, they are all a bit too yellow for my skin.

I think this product is good if you have dry skin because it really moisturises, but not if you have an oily/combination skin because it won't stay on.

Hope this was helpful ^^