April 18, 2014 | 932 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really light-weight foundation, perfect for day time and looking natural. Fair/Medium coverage. Leaves a dewy, healthy finnish, i wouldn't really recommend this foundation to people with really oily skin because it adds quite a lot of shine. It's really soft, creamy and so easy to blend.
I purchased the lightest colour they do and i love to wear it alone or mix it with something darker/more coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

Compared to other drug store foundations, this one is not cheap in OZ. Sheer coverage and staying power is pretty weak. It runs off my face within 3 hours even I use powder to set it. The smell is nice which seems is the only good thing I can say abt this foundation. If you have nice and dry skin and only use it to even out the skin tone, I recommend it. But if u r looking for more coverage and staying power, this is definitely not for u.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dbarbeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product.
I am really not a fan of liquid foundation at all. I have a complex about liquid foundation from years and years of covering up bad skin....but since it has cleared, I always only wear MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (Medium-Light), and that works for me. But I started thinking that it would be nice to have slightly more on my face when I go out and wear heavier makeup on my eyes.
So, I began reading reviews on this product and NARS Sheer Glow. NARS seemed as though it would be more covering than I would like it to be.
I applied this foundation after applying my daily moisturizer (Lush-Celestial) and it is amazing! Its cover is quite sheer, but really minimalizes the sight of pores and provides a great overall coverage--without being too much. I even wanted to be skeptical and hate this product, so I would stare at my face SUPER close to the mirror to see if you could tell I was wearing foundation--but really, it was just pretty amazing.
I did finish off this by applying my MAC Mineralize, and it still looked great...not cakey or layered looking and adds the dewy look that I like about the MAC product.

Anyway. I would buy this again and am so happy with it. I can't believe I am saying this about a FOUNDATION...but it is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Lynstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up this product after reading reviews. I had been using my all time favourite foundation 'Revlon Colorstay', but i wanted something a little more natural, dewy and lighter on the skin for everyday wear, to school, to the shops etc so i wouldnt waste my colorstay.

I bought this foundation in No. 53. This was the darkest shade at the counter. Im Medium beige in colorstay and NC25-30 in Mac. So if you are tan or darker you might not find your shade, but you might get lucky besides from looking on their website they do sell darker shades. I fell in love with the shade because its nice and golden/yellow....i find it so hard to get a golden/yellow shade in foundation, especially drugstore....their too pink most of the time!

Now for the foundation itself! - I applied this to my moisturized skin, and it glided on like a dream. It was so smooth. It also smells amazing! The coverage was light to medium which i loved, but i added another layer easily over any pigmentation or blemishes and it concealed them perfectly! No need for concealor. yay! My skin looks so smooth with this on and it minimises the look of pores. It was semi-matte which i like. I added my powder and then when i checked my face hours later my skin looked so glowy and natural not greasy or oily. I blotted a little and that was it for the whole day.

The lasting power is great and needs little touching up. My skin looked better as the day went on. If you have oily skin this will work for you, so dont worry about it getting oily, iv oily skin and it works better than Revlon Colorstay for controlling oil!

Im super happy, and its super cheap. Give it a go ladies :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I am really glad to have read about this foundation on MUA. I picked it up a week ago and have not stopped using it since. I have oily T zone and acne issues on my jawline area. It has been hard for me to find a foundation with good coverage and would not break me out further. I was using MAC studio fix liquid foundation in NC25 and it does provide good coverage and oil control, but it did look a tad too pastey for my liking. This healthy mix foundation has good coverage, color 53 is a perfect match for me, and the finish is more natural. Am also happy that it did not break me out. I am actually suprised for a drug store foundation , the coverage was good enough to hide most of my acne scars, at least the mild to medium ones. The really dark ones (from recent acne) I only needed to put a bit of concealer on top to finish the job. What I like best about this foundation, the staying power is awesome. After 12 hours, it is still doing a decent job of covering my redness, and for my oily Tzone, I only had to blot gently like 3 times thru the day, and then touch up with pressed powder. I will definitely rebuy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Yurippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this foundation. I had wanted it from the day I first saw it, and when I finally got it, I was really happy because it definitely made me look more awake and a lot fresher than I usually do in the morning.
The problem is... even #51 is a tad too dark for me. I mixed it with my sunscreen, which made it work (barely), but I prefer foundations that really match my skin tone. Too bad. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by XxBekixX

I love love love this foundation!! I'm fickle when it comes to foundation and when I run out I like to try a new brand. I saw this on offer in boots for around 7, so I thought I'd try it. The coverage is amazing and I don't even have to use concealer anymore! This foundation makes my skin look flawless and gives me a healthy glow. I purchased this in #51, Light Vanilla as I'm very pale. Most of the lighter foundations I have used have always left me looking "dead", but this doesn't. It matches my skin perfectly without leaving me too pale.
The packaging is very convenient and will travel well as it's very light. I love that you can see how much you have left in the bottle easily.
Definately a HG product, I will certainly be re-purchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this product from the first moment I saw it in the duty free of an airport, during my last trip. I loved the ad, the packaging, the texture from the tester. I just wanted it! the price I payed was not-so-cheap but still pretty fair, 14,90 - around 20$. what I love about this product is the finish it gives you. it's glowy, healthy, it covers blemishes very well without looking fake. I lasts all day and the skin feels comfortable. I really like it. the shade I purchased is # 54, beige, a fair but still "warm" kind of color. it looks really natural, and once again, healthy. I think I will repurchase this for sure, I really like the feeling on the skin as well as the texture. It's my new favourite base together with bb creams. I just switch between the two because they book make my skin feel good. I also purchased the concealer, which I will review separately, that also surprised me positively! a success. :) last but not least, the packaging is super convenient for travelling. it's hygenic because it has a small pump, and also really easy to throw in the beautybag. Love love love!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i dont know why but i have never purchased a 'drug store' foundation again. this one may just change my mind.

i like how it has just the right amount of coverage. it covers my acne scars and gets rid of redness without being a 'heavy coverage'. this could be because it is quite dewey. i do have oily skin, and i just pat a powder on the op and ready to go, sometimes i even give powder a miss because i get oily after about 5-6 hours.

what i like about the product is the packaging. it is so convenient.

oh and my skin is prone to break outss reaaly badly, this didnt make me break out, AT ALL. i am so happy and use it as an every day foundation. it looks natural on my skin. the price is expensive for it, but i would repurchase just because it didnt make me break out, smells devine and has staying power (maybe about 8 hours). it is virtually non-transferrable and feel very light on my face. i feel like my face can breathe.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ameliegr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this foundation!
Firstly, its smell is delicious! The pump botlle is so convenient because you get the right amount of product plus you can keep track of the total quantity!
I apply it with a Duo Fibre MAC Brush and a get an airbrushed result!