April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

Might work for other people's skin, but definitely not for me...I had allergic reaction to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lilchibirene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So far i have been using this product and my skin has gotten a bit drier. But i dont know if that is supposed to happen. I placed some of the product on my cheeks with all the whiteheads, it is slowly clearing up. My doctor recomended Neutragena, so i will continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

I gave this five lippies, because it's a staple for me. HOWEVER, I don't use it on my face at all. I found it ineffective on my face. I use it in the shower with a long-handled scrubbie on my back. It's the best for preventing bacne! (And if you really want a one-two punch at bacne--say you're doing a lot of sports or other activities that can cause a flare-up--use this daily, and add on Clinique's Acne Solutions Body Treatment spray a couple times a week.)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by amwong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay product. Pretty normal - nothing spectacular.

I don't think it works as an acne wash though - the salicylic acid concentration isn't high and it's just average.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by angelica10

I had a bad experience with this product. Didn't do anything for my acne and oily face, and it made my complexion so dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by hexgrrrl311

I've been using the foam version for a week now and so far I'm happy! It has significantly reduced the amount of oil on my face and the need for blotting throughout the day. My pores seem cleaner (no new breakouts yet) and I actually LIKE the scent of the product. I've been using this AM & PM but am thinking of finding something slightly less drying for night. I have had no problems with severe dryness or flaking while using this, and always follow my cleansing with a hydrating serum. Will update if anything drastic happens!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dancergurl630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its harsh on my skin on its own. But if I use the foam cleanser and add aveenos calming cleanser in foam to it, its perfect :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by roxystarr

This is a good cleanser for clearing blemishes and reducing oil on my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. However, after using it for several days it does begin to dry my face out really bad.I find the most effective way for me to use this is wash with it first on my breakout areas only, and then wash all over with my Purpose Cleanser. The Purpose helps to balance out the dryness. It does suck to use two cleansers...but when I have a breakout the Purpose alone just isn't enough.So far this is the best combo for my skin. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out. Didn't like smell. Greasy. Yucky goop!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hararprincess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a person who has used this for the past 10 years then switched to another cleanser this year, i can say this is a very great product that will reduce the pimples you get on your face, the downside being the dryness that will come with it. But you shouldnt use this in the first place if your skin is at all dry. Now for those with oily skins, then i would fully recommend this product for use twice a day along with a benzyl peroxide to clear your face. btw i use acnefree.