E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 7/2/2010 11:49:00 PM

EDIT: unfortunately the powder color just isn't very long lasting. i noticed unlike my Anastasia brown pencil, which lasts pretty much all day, the ELF is gone by mid day. the wax doesn't seem to help all that much. That part sorta sucks... :
i'm NC25 asian with very very sparse eyebrows and black hair (that runs a bit light due to being very thin). I've tried Benefit's Browzing and Lorac's Take a Brow, and while both were good, i find them to be a bit on the darker side. I have been using Anastasia's eyebrow pencil in Medium Ash and it works pretty well, but again sometimes i find it to be a bit too dark for me.

on a whim i picked this up in Medium. The wax side is a dark neutral brown and the powder side is slightly lighter in color. Both color looks to be pretty neutral to me, but the powder might be slightly more warm.

The colors end up being almost perfect for me, however. The brush that came with it is too small and a bit useless though i like the fluffy side to use with the powder. I like the wax side's color better. it seems to match up to my natural hair color better without running too warm/orangy nor too cool. the powder, like i said, i think maybe a bit warmer because when i accidentaly applied too much, my brows looked a lot more "warm" toned than my natural hair color. i use the wax side to first darken my brows and define shape, then use a small amount of hte powder (you really need only a small amount, it's pretty pigmented) to just darken/tint just the center of my brows.

considering the price, i would definitely repurchase this over rebuying any of my other choices (Benefit, Lorac, or Anastasia)!

on 7/2/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am light-medium Asian with black hair. My eyebrow hairs are black, but pretty sparse, so I always have to fill my brows. Before this, I used a dark brown powder and lightly fill it in, which looked fine, except I noticed in some pictures, my eyebrows look a bit too dark on me. I bought this kit in Ash, which is one of their new colors. The wax is a light light brownish color, and the powder is sort of a grey color. The wax glides on very smoothly, and makes all my hairs stay in place. The powder is perfect for my coloring, and is not chalky at all. When I use both together, I get very natural looking brows, but fuller. It doesn't look like I had to fill them in or anything. I like this a lot better than the powder I was using before. The brush provided is way too small, so I just use a straight eyeliner brush. I was worried that the Ash color might be too light for me, but because my eyebrow hairs are so sparse, it fills them in perfectly.

on 6/29/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

As long as E.l.f. doesn't come up with a grayish dark tone for this product, I won't be buying it again. Not every lady has eyebrows in a shade of brown. The tiny brush that comes along with it is also of bad quality.

on 6/19/2010 5:21:00 PM

Ah, this thing is no good for me. Perhaps, it's because I'm Asian and the colour is just way too brown that it looks so unnatural on me.

The WAX doesn't really have a colour when applied (except if you're caking your eyebrow with the wax), so it is good enough. A little bit is enough to set the powder afterward. That's the good part.

But then, when you add the POWDER, that looks a lot less brown than the wax, the colour goes off-court. The result came out to be a lot more brown than my eyeshadow -.- and needless to say, this is no good.

I don't know if e.l.f sells this in other tone (hopefully a lot more gray), because the texture is nice, but it's just the colour that is so off.

on 6/18/2010 9:59:00 AM

This color matches my brows well. Don't love the brush that comes with it.

Applying it can be different. You do need to really work it in to make sure it is natural, but it definitely looks natural.

Neither the gel or powder was dry or heavy.

This stuff will get any stray hairs, so make sure any hair out of place is gone, or it will show.

As for staying power, I don't know yet.

Overall it's ok, but isn't the funnest to apply.

on 5/30/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great little eyebrow kit. I decided to give it a try after watching a Youtube review by YayaLifestyle.

I bought the kit in "Ash," as recommended by Yaya since we have similar hair color. We're both Asian with yellow skin undertones and dark brown hair. The "Ash" kit looks quite light in the palette, but when you combine the wax and powder, it darkens quite nicely without looking too warm or red.

The kit comes in a sleek matte black plastic case. On the left side is the wax, on the right is the powder. It also comes with a two-sided brush; a stiff angled brush to apply the wax and a softer wider brush to apply the powder. They both have a pretty good consistency. The wax isn't too stiff or too goopy. It glides onto the hairs pretty well, and the powder isn't too loose or messy. The wax helps tame unruly hairs while also providing a surface for the powder to stick to.

If you're interested in giving brow powders a try, this is a good kit to start with. It's only $3, but you can usually find ELF coupons to use on the website (I've gotten $5 off on all of my online purchases for the past few months!).

Inexpensive, easy to use, convenient, great quality. Highly recommended!

on 5/27/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think this is a good product but it isn't for me. My eyebrows are quite dark compared to my hair colour. They are like a medium brown colour with light bits of blond stuck in there...anyways I found this product to kind of turn them a little reddish. I bought the light coloured kit but I don't know why they look like that. It's probably just my brows and the colours in there. I would buy this again if the colour fit. The packaging is really nice, comes in a little case with a mirror and such, the make up is smooth and creamy, it goes on well. I paid 5$ for it at Winners which says it normally goes for $10 so the price was okay. Although I did look and online at the e.l.f. website and they list it as $3! (Kind of annoying) Also they don't test on animals, which I think is pretty awesome considering the price. Too bad it wasn't for me!

on 5/22/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this product at Winners here in Canada, it's like a TJ Max or Marshalls in the US. I found it for 4.99. Not a bad price still, they had only the shade light, but i didnt think it would be a problem. I'm asian with BLACK eyebrow hairs, so i was still skeptical. MY GOD, it worked with my hairs so nicely!!! The wax itself is dark, but when i put the light powder on top, it gets darker, and I even use the double sided brush that it comes with and it still looks AMAZING, i love this product sooo much!

on 5/22/2010 12:22:00 PM

I'm seriously addicted to this product. For my skin and my hair color it works like a dream. I have been using it nonstop since I got it and I plan to get a new one once I run out. I really only use the powder section for my brows.

I've got black haired eyebrows, but they are not dense so filling them in with dark product only makes them look fake and manly. I have this in Medium. This product has a gel and a powder. The gel is a dark neutral brown and the powder is slightly lighter and more red. It is easy to apply (with an angled brush, since I think the included one is useless) and stays on all day. I like the soft look these shades give. They really do look defined and natural. I like the sleek packaging too. The only problem I have is that the powder is really soft and a little piece cracks off every time I open or close the compact.

Popular Brows Products