January 24, 2015 | 1831 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Dark *and* in Light -- I skipped Medium because of the reviews that said it was red-toned. My brows are dark neutral brown, though I am pale (NC10 or so), and my hair and eyes are medium. I like to maintain the definition of having a strong brow, but I don't want to overwhelm my face.

Here's the deal: The wax part of the Light kit is a medium warm brown (though not very red) and the powder part is a medium taupe, far more neutral. The wax part of the Dark kit is a dark neutral brown and the powder part is a warm brown. I suppose the folks at e.l.f. wanted to give maximum flexibility at each level -- you could mix the wax and powder to get the warmth you need.

However, I use the neutral wax of the Dark kit -- sparingly -- to color just those hairs that are insulting me by growing in white. I use the powder part of the Light kit to fill in any sparse spaces. That works, but I think mixing the two textures is a little clumsy for every day; I prefer the waxy-powder texture of the Anastasia brow powders and I find the colors easier to mix. But if you want a decent brow kit for $3, e.l.f.'s is it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is dark dark dark!!!!! waaay too dark. I have medium brown hair, I bought this in light, the lightest they have, after hearing how dark it was. I have used the powder to "fill in" my brows and it's okay, I don't think I'll use the wax because it is much darker than the powder.

Also, I am not sure if this is just mine or what but, the powder definitely makes my eyebrows look red. So if you are fair, and want light eyebrows (as your eyebrows should be lighter than your hair) than this may not work for you because it has red in it. My hair has red tones in it, so it's okay for me, but my eyebrows are not naturally red looking, so I don't really understand why it is doing this. I would not rebuy this product for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in light since I have blond hair, and it's prefect. With light hair you want to go about 3 shades dark on your brows, and this works amazing. I use the gel to fill in a scar I have, and the powder to fill and define the rest of my brow. This is an amazing little kit. I would most def reccomend this to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in dark, and it's great! The powder has an almost creamy texture. It blends easily into my brows, and the powder itself is not too dark even with the wax over the top. A small amount of product seems to go a long way with this. It's easiest to start in the middle of the brow and blend outward. It lasts all day, amazingly. The tiny brush it comes with is good quality too. It reminds me of the E.L.F. Studio Smudge Brush. It's a really nice little kit for the price. This is definitely something I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by tacobelle88

This is the best brow kit ive used! definelty lives up to benefits one. ive found that the colouring give me a more natural look for my dark asian sparse brows. would definelty buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

I have this in dark and I must say this is some good brow stuff for cheap. I only use the wax part of the product and it is very nice. I finish my brows with clear mascara for extra staying power. The wax works well as a filler. The powder is too light for me. I have dark brown Asian hair coloring and the powder seemes like it would match a lighter brown hair coloring. That's the only reason I took a lippie away, other than that its a 5!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my holy grail eyebrow product, i have tries anastasia products and i do not like those as much as i like this. the color medium matches my hair perfectly and my brows have never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product! It is the best brow product I have found to date and matches the best out of all the ones I have tried! I have blond brows and can not find anything that looks right until I tried this! It looks natural and lasts all day! HIGHLY recommend this and the price is so cheap you really can't go wrong!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm surprised to find that some of ELF's products are really good quality considering that they are so inexpensive. I feel it's a hit and miss with ELF's line though. This brow kit is great. I bought the the brunette kit and the staying power is excellent. It glides on so well. The only issue I have with this kit is that the shade appears just a bit red on me. Other than that, I really, really like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

There seems to be a lack of consensus about how the colors run :P. I have this in Dark, and it really isn't that dark to me. I've used Eyebrowz's Powder in Dark Brown, and ELF's is a bit warmer than Eyebrowz's. With that said though, the colors in this kit do match my hair and do a good job filling in my sparse eyebrows. I would buy this again, but I would need to decide if I like Eyebrowz or E.L.F. better. I'll update when I use this more.
UPDATE: I've come to really like this a lot. The only beef I have with this product is the color. While it does match my hair, I feel it's a tiny bit too light and reddish. I spoke with a ELF representative on the ELF boards. She said that they're gonna work on some more brow colors, and it may be released within the next 3 months or so. So really, my problem with this product isn't big like steak, just a mini burger patty lol. With that said, I'd be super happy if there was a darker brown kit with more neutral tones!