Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 6/26/2010 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought the small bottle of this for about $15 after using this at my friend's house. The price is pretty average for salon hair care.
The packaging quality I gave a 1. For the ammount I use (about 1/2 a dime size for below shoulder length dry hair), it needs to have a pump instead of a dump-out bottle. When there is oil all over my hands, it is difficult to close and hold. Hair also gets wrapped around the neck of the bottle if you close after applying. The only good thing is the dark-amber color to preserve the solution.
My hair is wavy and fine. I use it after I straighten my hair. It leaves it with a beautiful shine and less frizzy. It also makes my ends less fried from bleaching and heat-styling. I only use it from my ears down or it gets greasy.
I notice I use less and it works better on dry hair than wet. It does allow my hair to dry faster if I apply wet though.
Overall, good product! I use it daily and have noticed again. I will buy again...at least until I find something better.

on 6/26/2010 5:40:00 PM

I hate that I love this. I first tried it when I had my hair colored and the stylist used it on me before blow drying. My hair never looked and felt so soft and "flowey." I eventually snagged a bottle for myself. It makes my hair soft and more manageable and less frizzy. I use it both before and after I blow dry.

I am desperately seeking an alternative to this because I hate spending $40 on it. So far, I've tried LiveClean Argon Oil( about $12), and Marrakesh Oil (about $22 I believe I paid for it). They are both good substitutes on days when I don't want to "waste" my Moroccan Oil, they have a nice smell, but not as beachy as the Moroccan Oil, and they do not leave my hair as frizz free as the Moroccan Oil..

If it wasnt for the price Id pour the whole bottle on my head. But it definetly is a must try if you have given up hope on anything making your hair look and feel healthy!

on 6/23/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been through 4 large bottles of this product! Smells awesome. Doesn't weigh down your hair or cause it to look oily/greasy. Wish it was a bit more moisturizing, however. And, it is a bit pricey..

on 6/23/2010 3:44:00 PM

My mom works in a Proffesionnal hair dress, And this is the BEST product you can ever have, First, It smells good, I use it when i get off the shower (a lot), it make my hair look healty, Shinny, and SO SOFT! After, i Straight my hair and put a little bit again in my hair and its just AMAZING ( i have thick and LONG hair)! And it makes my split end DISAPEAR also my hair are not puffy! and do you know that after a lot of use it actually repair your hair?

P.s.
It doesnt makes my hair look greasy AT ALL! Love this product im never going to stop buying it!

on 6/23/2010 11:53:00 AM

I have Extremely thick, wavy and coarse hair. I am one of those girls who are never happy with their hair color and am constantly changing it and dying the S*** out of it. This product DOES do wonders. It is thick but not two thick, pretty good smell, and when used PROPERLY is a miracle. It is important that you use this product generally on the ENDS of your hair. As well, to but it in your hair when it is DAMP before you blow dry it as the heat from the blow dryer will allow it to penetrate your hair better. After your are done styling add a little more to the tips of your hair. This controls frizz and helps seals the cuticles so their is less visible damage and dryness to the end of the hair shaft. I would definantly recommend this to anyone with damaged hair!

on 6/23/2010 1:00:00 AM

I have thick, curly hair that I straighten alot and I used this (along with the shampoo and conditioner) and was not impressed. The oil is very thick but doesnt do really anything. I notice no difference in my hair. I finally returned to pearatin fortifying hair serum which I will never be without. It is heaven, seriously.

As for the shampoo and conditioner, i accidently left them at the beach while camping :[ but the shampoo doesnt lather well = you keep trying to use more and more and its expensive.

on 6/20/2010 8:55:00 PM

I bought a small size bottle of this Moroccanoil mainly due to the advertisement of this product claiming to work wonders. I used this for a week straight and I found it to be no different than any of the other salon brand serums on the market. The consistantsy is too thick and I also do not care for the smell. Made my hair very greasy looking especially the 2nd day if I didn't wash it. I will not be finishing up this product and I will be going back to Biosilk silk therapy which is much easier to use.

on 6/18/2010 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

it really helps out my super dry hair and it lasts long cuz a lil goes a long way, but it really is expensive

on 6/15/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sorry to be a hater. But, BEWARE if you are Blonde or have BLONDE highlights it will fade them. It gives hair a yellow tint. I only recommend this for brown and black hair.

on 6/15/2010 2:27:00 AM

I am in love with this product. My hairstylist used it on my hair (I have very short, damaged, fine hair) and gave me a small sample about two months ago. And let me tell you a little goes a long way. You notice the difference immediately after your hair is dried.After I get out the showers, i typically blow dry my hair and straighten it, and I still stick to the same routine, but my hair dosn't look dry or brittle and has more movement and body to it. I usually put a quarter size and come in through my damp hair with my fingers then blow dry. I swear by this product, I'm not so pleased by the price, but I'm telling you it's definitely worth a try. And trust me I've tried and splurged on many hair products. I'm not much of a reviewer, but I love this product so much I had to add in my two cents with it being my first review for being on this site for years. MUST TRY LADIES!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products