November 26, 2014 | 1626 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, this bronzer is among the best I own right now and certainly beats my old faithful (MAC - Golden). I love that is a matte finish, as I find it is better just for that every day summer look (and some bronzers have the potential to make me look like an orange disco ball).

Despite other reviews, I am pale and I feel like this is the perfect shade of bronzer for my fair skin. It also works great when I get a tan, so in my opinion it is a fairly universal colour. You HAVE to be careful applying it, use a very light hand etc as Hoola has the potential to go awfully wrong!

The problems with Hoola are the price. $51 in Australia for cardboard packaging? Not only is the packaging impractical, but when you dish out such big dollars you want good packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I absolutely love bronzers, I have them in NARS, Guerlain, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Too Faced, Tarte, Sugar, Chanel, NYC, and Rimmel. Finally wanted to try Benefit Hoola and I was not disappointed. It's a little chalky but otherwise it's matte and gives me natural bronze skin, my fav for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Love this bronzer. Perfectly matte, no shimmer or glitter, and the absolute most natural shade of medium bronze that you can put on your skin. For a sensitive skinned freckled face girl like me this is a godsend because I can't tan naturally. I even like the small wooden handled brush. Very Chinatown chic. :) No fragrance. Perfect!

CONS: Too expensive to be in a small, impractical cardboard box! I'm used to Chanel's packaging so the packaging is definitely a downer for such a great product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this bronzer. My face is so much paler than my neck, I look like a ghost. So I needed something to give me a little color allover the face. I used a kabuki to apply a light wash throughout the whole face. It looks so natural and beautiful. I love that it's completely matte ! No shimmers or sheens or anything. It looks amazing on my pale skin. I love the brush that it came with. The brush fits perfectly on where I contour. A bit pricey, I don't know if I would buy again, because I never actually finish and repurchase anything. But this stuff is amazing. Definitely recommend it.

Ended up returning.. I like my face pale =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to get this to work for me for the past few months, but just haven't been able to get this to apply smoothly. Tried out various fluffy brushes to apply this in the hollows of my cheeks and along my temple line, and jaw, but I always end up with a muddy appearance, with patches of darker splotches. I much prefer Nars Laguna, or even NYC's Sunny for a nice matte touch of color, and easier application.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Olessya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I like this product. It's definetly worth the price. The colour is very natural. But I didn't like the texture, it's very very chalky. I've tried many bronzers Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Guerlain and now Benefit. So I can say that in my opinion this is very good bronzer BUT Guerlain bronzers are the BEST. Their bronzers just a magic) they give you not only bronze skin, they give you healthy glowy radiant skin and the texture just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

Great bronzer! I was using Too Faced Sun Bunny, which I like alot and I find it adds glow to my face. However I was looking for a bronzer that would give me the same touch of color without the shimmer. I dont always want to look "'glowy'' and I do have oily skin. This stuffs perfect. Swipe alittle on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and you have a nice touch of color. Its great for contouring and I've had no trouble blending.
I'd def reccomend and its well worth it. I''ll re-purchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Aliburns123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Its the perfect matte brown. Yes a little pricey, but in my opinion its worth it. I definetly agree with the other reviews about the packaging though, its not very practical. To fix this problem, I took an exacto knife, and cut down the sides on the bottom box so i can get a better clean sweep with a brush. I dont know if other people are comfortable with cutting the packaging on a 30$ bronzer but for me it works so much better, and the top still holds in place perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bit pricey but not as much as Laguna from Nars. Benefit has great unique products but they can be pricey, but I am sure I have wasted more $$$ settling for cheaper products that sat in the bottom of my drawer right!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Many people compare Nars Laguna bronzer to Hoola, but I believe there is no comparison. Laguna comes with 0.28 oz of product and costs $32. Hoola has 0.40 oz of product and cost $29. Just the lightest application with a fan brush is needed to create a warm matte glow. The packaging is inconvenient but tolerable, and the brush is both inconvenient and intolerable. Otherwise this is an excellent bronzer that will last all day.