Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 7/27/2009 5:53:00 PM

i am impressed, this foundation is almost perfect. i dont need full coverage, but i need to even my skin tone and cover some small sun spots and broken capillaries in my nose. i love this foundation cause it covers all that but i looks like real skin, it is the no makeup look. what i really love and is difficult to find is that is dosnt settle in my pores, actually they look smaller! i think it is due to the silicone. i apply with fingers, that is the only thing i dont like cause i love using brushes. but this foundation was created for finger application, it has to be rubbed in and heated

on 7/27/2009 1:08:00 PM

In the bottle, this foundation looked really dark and I thought there was no way it was going to work on my skin even though the color was, in theory, a match for my skin. And match it did, because this foundation is so light and gel-like. I was in the market for a liquid foundation that would be light and easy on the skin on days I didn't want to bother with mineral make-up, and this is it. If you are looking for heavier coverage, this is not for you. If you want something that evens out the skin tone and covers minor flaws while looking very natural, this is it. You also get a lot of makeup in the bottle, and considering how little you really need to use, this is also a good value.

on 7/25/2009 9:48:00 PM

HG Foundation found at last!!! YES!!! After spending the past 24 years searching for "the one" I have found flawless coverage at last! I have been using this for a year now and I am halfway through the second bottle (used generously daily)... I don't mind the price because I would pay anything for the look this gives me. I am 36 and my skin looks fresher and younger than ever from using this!! Provides a nearly invisible yet completely evening appearance....a bit of a dewey finish for me which always happens to me from my moisturizer but I counteract throughout the day with light applications of pressed powders when necessary. Simple, clean to use... I quickly applywith my fingers and it is just beautiful!! Believe me. I have tried every product on the market and many top lines... this is hands down the best!

on 7/24/2009 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Update: So this foundation broke me out ...I will still use it maybe ONCE in a while but will not wear it daily.

Love this foundation!! I have horrible skiin and i'm one of those foundation junkies who has tried like a dozennn foundation just to try and make my skin look a little "acceptable". i had high hopes for so many foundation but they just let me down so i was in desperate need of something that will make my skin look normal. and i must say MUFE face and body does that and more! im so happy to have found this. i need medium to full coverage but a lotta reviews said that its sheer coverage so I kinda hesitated but I decided to give it a try one time in Sephora and asked for a sample. i had done my own research online so I kinda knew which shades would be closest to my skintone. i got number 34 and number 6. I'm NC 37-40 so #6 was a bit too dark but somehow this foundation blends right into skin and you can't really tell much of a difference but i could see it anyway. it's very adaptable to a lot of skintones! i could tell the tone of #6 did not match that well with my very yellow golden undertones so i tried 34 which was visibly yellower. it's still not THAT yellow but it's almost perfect! the consistency is kinda weird, like a blob but it really doesn't affect my love for this foundation. :) i have moderate acne and this foundation did very well to conceal some and blur out the other! i applied it with my fingers slowly in a circular motion to a small area and work my way on my whole face. you need much AT ALL! i just dip my clean finger in (i have the sample jar) and your finger only gets wet, you don't pick up much product at all but thats still enough to cover half of one cheek. if i need more coverage, I let that area dry for 2-3 min and then repeat again. this foundation looks sooo natural which amazes me because i have used so many without EVER attaining the natural "better" skin. i absolutelyyy looooooove this foundation and will be running to sephora this weekend to grab the full size :)

on 7/23/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

-VERY natural. looks like skin. weird gel consistency , but when dries, looks like skin. i apply with foundation brush and wait for it to dry. I wear it on days where my skin isnt that bad. I like it. it looks like i'm wearing nothing. I also have tried over 30 foundations in the past few years, from drug store: revlon, maybelline, to higher end: dior, bE, tarte, bobbi brown, lancome, clinique, estee lauder, shisheido, mac, - and i've tried many foundations per company brand. I have to say I love makeup forever!!! i have their HD too and I dont knwo why that got lower ratings, probably bc of their pricing, but that is very natural as well. This one is more dewy though. This one can be used on the body as well, but i had trouble covering some dark spots on my body. However, it still works well. =] It seems expensive: 38 dollars for 1.67 oz, not 1 oz. so if u do the calculation, its about almost 23 dollars for a regular size foundation like clinique or something- so not too BAD!

on 7/21/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT: dropping my rating to a 3 because i'm certain this was clogging my pores. I have ridiculously clog-prone skin, though, so don't be dismayed if you don't. Sadness, because it really is a great finish.

What can I add about this foundation that hasn't been said already? Probably nothing, so this is mostly just a concurrence with the majority opinion (sorry, law school has hijacked my vocabulary and manner of speaking). In any case, I agree that it is light, wonderfully natural looking, doesn't cause me any skin problems, and wears well. I am definitely sold.

Downsides include the texture and difficulties involved with applying it -- as others have mentioned at length -- and its lack of sunscreen. Also, I ended up buying #38, which is honestly a bit too light, but 20 was too dark and 36 was way pink. So that's another gripe. However, none of my (very minor) issues with this foundation detract from my overall opinion that it is really fabulous(!)

I absolutely love this foundation and highly recommend it if you make sure to get a good color match, use sunscreen, and, more imporantly, remove it properly. I always use an oil cleanser because it is so waterproof. Face & Body has no sunscreen.

You really have to judge this foundation after it has settled into your skin. Really.

Within a few minutes, it looks incredibly natural--as if you are not wearing makeup at all. I've a pinkish complexion and my face is darker (more pink) than my neck. I use #2 now, and the slight pink in this one (when it dries) actually balances my neck and face when I apply under my jaw and blend into my neck better than the #20, which is a bit more beige. I agree that application with fingers gives the best finish. I apply as if it is a moisturizer.

It is great around the eyes. I never have to use concealer.

Finishing with some powder is handy on humid days or on oily skin. However, it is also the only foundation that I can use when I have dryish, flaking skin (mostly from Retin-A) when lightly applied on top of moisurizer.

It stays put, never changes color, can be blotted without disappearing (especially if you have very oily skin), layered, especially on red areas as needed for touch-up without heavy build up. I always keep it in my purse for a quick touch-up around my nose instead of powdering.

Yes. The bottle is a pain, but so are pumps that give too much or too little. Give and take, people. Just be sure to use a q-tip or clean hands each time you shake and dispense on the back of your hand and wipe the build up off of the screw top.

I will never be without this foundation. I am prone to clogged pores but as long as I remove properly and stick to a regular cleansing routine, it does not cause breakouts.

Edit-since this review made it to the top, I felt the need to add that it is really best to actually try a few different colors (or ask for samples) as the bottle colors, nevermind the swatches, never really let you know how this foundation will actually look on your skin. As mentioned, I started out with the more neutral #20 and thought it "counteracted" the redness. However, after tinkering with the product in person, I found that the more pink based #2 really made the difference in an effortless application. Lesson learned: go with your true skintone. The #20 tried to "change" my skin and didn't work as well as the color that really matched my skin. And in truth, isn't perfect matching what foundation is all about?

on 7/19/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought that HD foundation was the best ever till I tried this stuff.I wanted a dewy ,natural finish and this stuff is now my new HG! I tried it with my 187 brush at first and wasn't too happy , so i tried the beauty blender sponge.What a difference! this stuff is it !

on 7/19/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I would recommend this to most skin types but not to anyone who needed full coverage. It is great for me even with oily acne prone skin. Im an NC42 in MAC Studio Fix powder but I wear Alabaster Beige in this formula. I have a hard time finding a match for my skin. I'm a tan latina but I have a very yellow skintone. Even my MAC foundation is a teensy bit orange for my yellow skin, this a great match though. The formula is very fluid, and thin but it has a bit of tackiness to it until it dries completely on skin. I blend this in with a flat paintbrush shaped brush, and I just blend this stuff in completely and thoroughly. I wore this to a pool party and after swimming this still looked awesome. i highly recommend this foundation to anyone with minimal to no breakouts. Shake this very well and apply with a brush blending thoroughly. Amazing foundation! Two thumbs up!!!!

on 7/18/2009 11:55:00 PM

This foundation is amazing. It took a bit of getting used to at first because of its runny texture, but once I got the hang of it it really did look amazing. It has a dewy finish, and a medium coverage that is buildable. I prefer to use it with my fingers because I prefer the finish I get with it. It has a firming effect on the skin when you put it on, at first it feels very watery but once you start rubbing it in it gains a thicker consistency and lifts the skin. The smell is beautiful, smells like roses! The only thing I don't like is the bottle, I wish it came with a pump or a squirt bottle or a tube because it can get messy and when it gets down to the bottle you have to leave it turned upside down to get the product out. This is the best face and body foundation I have used by far. And it stays on really well!