November 24, 2014 | 833 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about Angels on Bare Skin.

It's akin to Lush's face mask, BB Seaweed. Of course, without the seaweed. Similar ingredients, same scent (lavender and rose).

I'm thinking that I'd rather spend my money on the mask. It doesn't last as long, but I feel it yields better results for my skin, as far as the smoothness, and tameness, as well!

It doesn't harm my skin any, but I feel it doesn't help it, either. I do like it in that it is a non-drying, mild cleanser. There is no tightness or dryness. Everything is perfectly balanced. Then again, I get this from my HG cleanser from Bare Minerals.

The exfoliating properties are less than what I prefer, but I feel they will be perfect for someone who is sensitive to most exfoliants.

Usage is easy-- pinch of a bit, mash with finger into palm of hand (alongside a bit of water). When it's a medium-thick paste, slather on the face and massage in. I prefer to let it sit on the skin a few minutes.

I wouldn't consider this a cleanser that removes makeup. I use Lush's Ultrabland to remove all of my makeup, then I have a go with this. Yields good results, leaves everything feeling clean and fresh.

I'm glad I got this as a freebie with a promotion Lush was having. I don't think I would have spent the money on this. I think it's a better value for those in the UK. It's around 4, versus the $10 in the US (better value in the UK, even with the exchange rate... I find all Lush is, that's why I hoard when in the UK).

I think this is okay for an occasional treat, but I'm definitely going to stick to the Rare Minerals cleanser. It's just as natural, and I feel it cleans and balances just a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was in Lush the other day getting harassed by a salesperson and I thought I'd take the time to ask her about the best cleanser they have....she showed me Angels on Bare Skin and there was one bar left on the shelf, I thought i'd take the plunge and buy it and boy am I glad I did. I really wasn't expecting anything other than a smelly block of "I may be a pain to use...BUT I'M NATURAL" crap but no, this stuff is actually amazing, I adore this!!
I don't know about its makeup removing abilities because I use mu remover over my skin before cleansing (one GOOD thing Cliniques skincare system taught me before I realised it was the devils skincare line). I have had some horrible times with exfoliators and frankly I thought this would be another of them but this is so very gentle, I love the fact it's wrapped up in grease proof type paper too, you just pinch off a blob and then add some water and grind it really hard into your palm to a paste then wash your face. It leaves my skin glowing and I adore using it!
I think i'll definitely buy this again, and for once being harassed by sales was a good thing!!
One more thing....why is everyone complaining about the price?? I paid about 4 for mine.....I pay the same if not more for stuff from Boots, I don't get it???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on my birthday in March on a LUSH shopping spree provided by the nicest dad in the world. When I shop at LUSH usually, I am really judicious with my purchases, since it is so expensive there, but when Dad was paying, I kind of was throwing everything I'd ever thought about trying into my basket - hey, you only turn 30 once, right?

Anyhoo, I trid this out when I first got it, and was not impressed, but that's because I was trying to use it like a regular cleanser, and it is horrible at removing makeup. For the last month or so, I've been using it in the mornings, and I have to say, I love it! The high glycerin content leaves my skin very soft and hydrated and glowy without being oily or greasy. I love the smell - kind of herbal and medicinal in that Whole-Foods kind of way. I'm not a fan of the lavender buds in the scrub. They kind of fall on the sink and look gross, and I don't think they are actually doing anything in the scrub except looking "natural."

I think using the product is really fun and novel. You kind of break off (or dig out) a little chunk of it, like the size of a thimble, maybe. Then you wet your hands and rub together until it starts to melt into a paste, then use the paste to scrub your face.

The almond meal in the scrub is really gentle, and a nice way to start the morning. I'm going to figure out how to make a dupe of this formula so that I don't have to pay the LUSH price for it, which is completely ridiculous, considering it's just clay and glycerine, mostly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am very handy with make up and all but even to me it took me a while to figure out how to use this best. I just wet my hands a little (not too much or I can't rub it apart anymore), then I rub it into smaller bits and then apply on my face.

So is it any good?

I love using this in the morning. If you do it right it really gives your skin a glow, but doesn't make it oily. It didn't cause me breakouts either but then again, I'm not THAT sensitive. I also like the smell, which kinda reminds me of pasta with pesto (don't ask...). One con is that it isn't super at removing make up. To remove my foundation in the evening I use a different product than this.
As for the exfoliating part, it DOES exfoliate but not much. It's not as harsh as most daily scrubs so if you're looking for something more gentle this could be it for you.

Does it last long?

Heck yes. When I saw this in the shop for over 8 euros for a tiny pot I hesitated to buy. I know how much cleaners I usually need and no way that this would last long like that. But I found out you really only need a tiny pinch of the stuff to completely cleanse your face so this will last a long while. And as a little goes a long way the price is actually pretty cheap in my opinion.

Overall: a nice product, especially to give your skin a bit of a boost in the morning but don't expect it to take off tons of make up perfectly. Will definetly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by yansi

i have really sensitive skin, so instead of using this as a daily cleanser, i use it as a weekly scrub.

it's soo gentle, yet it still makes my skin really smooth afterwards. it doesn't dry out my skin, nor does it make it angry red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fstygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that reacts negatively to almost every skin product I use, particularly exfoliators. This product works great though. My only complaint is that its a little awkward to use. I highly recommend this product to others with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by luv2smilexo

I got this product as a bogo with my afterlife moisturizer. It was supposed to be good for my combination acne-prone skin. I found it very difficult to use. I didnt feel that it was actually cleaning my face. Also, I couldnt get over the awful smell! It smelled like a campfire and all smokey. I hate smoke, it makes me feel sick. That said, i will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best exfoliator I have found for my face! It is gentle enough to use about twice a week on my sensitive ,and somewhat dry skin thru all the seasons, and even seems to moisturize it with its essential oils. My frend has oily skin and likes it equally as much as I do. This is my guaranteed radiant skin product. If I have a special occasion to go to, I always make sure I use this beforehand, and the result is-I have soft glowing skin that looks more even and toned to the point in which people will compliment how much my skin "glows."

I find that application is a breeze-I pinch off about a pea size about, and add a lil water and mash it up w/ my finger (while it is in my palm to make a paste). I then apply it to my damp face and massage it in circular motions for about a minute. I always use it in the shower so that I don't have to deal with any mess that it might cause. I feel like it is fun to use actually, like I am giving myself a mini spa treatment. I love the aromatherapy qualities of this herbal blend of fresh lavendar and other oils. I still feel like I need to use a cleanser before this if I have any makeup on, as this doesn't seem like it would do the job on its own.

Some complaints-I liked the sample of this product better, as it had more oils in it (since it is handmade, batches vary), and I hate the cheap plastic container it comes in. I wish it were a more substantial one like the other black screw top lid containers LUSH uses for most their products. Please note that you have to make sure this pop off lid is closed very securely so the product doesn't dry out too much or go bad.

For 3.5 oz it is about $10, and well worth it. I have been using mine for about 7 months and have barely made a dent. Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.
*Naturally occurs in essential oils

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jj_jj_jj

This is a wonderful product. Perhaps the best cleanser I have ever used!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sarahmascara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great exfoliator for my sensitive, DRY skin. I love the way my skin feels after using it, but the packaging and the consistency of the stuff is frustrating. LUSH's typical little plastic tub container is difficult to completely close, so my cake started to dry out. As for the cake itself, it's spongy and hard to work into your skin. You have to really grind it with your fingertips before applying it to your face, and even then you end up losing enormous chunks of it. I *might* buy this again, since it really makes my skin feel fabulous, but I'm kind of on the fence about it at the moment.