April 17, 2014 | 1439 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 6:26:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

I do not like this product. It takes forever to absorb and feels like I have crisco on my hands...however, I LOVE the lavendar hand cream and it absorbs super fast. Go figure :) Overall, the smell is very offputting too and plasticy. I smell no flower scent in mine...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lux30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only hand-cream that will soften my wrecked hands. I clean...A LOT - and especially in the winter, my hands are just disgustingly dry, they crack and bleed. This is so soothing, so healing - I keep two tubes in circulation, one in the bag, one at home. Only thing that will help my hands feel better. Forget about drugstore brands. One thing; the smell can be a teeny bit overwhelming, very floral and strong, but only at first. It does soak in and dissipate. My husband can't take it. I don't mind it so much, but can't use it around him.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2005 6:01:00 AM More reviews by JoyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

because of winter my hands are extremely dry and with one use of this hand cream my hand is fully moisturised and it is also none greasy.
i dont really like the foil type packaging though

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by linwild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very rich hand cream which initially feels very moisturizing. However, the effects don't last (if I put it on at night, by morning it's as though I hadn't put anything on at all). My biggest complaint, though, is the very heavily perfumed old-lady scent that interferes with whatever scent I'm wearing and generally turns me off. For a nighttime hand moisturizing treatment, I recommend Burt's Bees Hand Salve over this. It smells even worse (eucalyptus, rosemary, etc.--very medicinal) but ultimately works much better, with lasting effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jhensley3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I received it in a set so it was not that expensive considering all the other items in it. This is perfect for me. It smells good and not overpowering in the least. The consistency is great. I love to apply this all day because it makes my hands feel so good! A little goes a long way. It may seem a little sticky at first, but if you wave your hands a bit and let it dry it is not sticky anymore

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 9:10:00 AM More reviews by manda822

I am not crazy over the scent, however, it doenst linger too long and it is fairly light, so the scent doesn't overpower. This hand cream absorbs quickly, doesn't leave my hands tacky or greasy, and keeps them soft and smooth . .only thing I don't really like is the packaging. It may look nice on my dresser, but boy, is that cap hard to open if I accidentally screw it too tight, and oohh the pain if my hands are dry. . feels like I'm going to end up cutting my hands on the plastic cap!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2005 11:30:00 AM More reviews by RosemaryJane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell (like a baby product!) and it is very rich and thick, but my main objection is the way that it quickly goes very tacky on the hands, which isn't pleasant. The greasy hand creams that don't absorb aren't great either, but this made me want to wash the cream off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sammifan

This is a very rich, thick hand cream with a powery scent. It contains shea butter, which makes it really moisturizing, and is a staple for winter. It is probably too greasy for spring and summer, unless you live in a really cold climate. The price is not cheap, but reasonable. It is housed in a metal rather than plastic tube, which makes it easier for you to tell how much cream still remains in the tube. It is better suited for night time than day time, though, since it does leave my hands quite sticky immediately after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by bubblebball15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! It stays on my hands and it's just the right consistancy. There really isn't much to say about this product that hasn't already been said. It absorbs into my skin right away, and I get so much for the price! I love this and will definitely purchase again.