L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Brutal Canuck winters = very moisturizing hand cream required. This one is nice. I mean if it were $10.00 for a 150ml tube, I'd buy it. But at $28 bones it's just not THAT great. I still have to re-apply it every couple of hours. So, if money isn't an object this is great, however my wonderful Aussie friend Eleven sent me some Paw-Paw ointment that blows this out of the water and costs a fraction of the price!

on 12/2/2005 12:23:00 PM

I've gone through several samples and small tubes of this that I bought for cheap on ebay, and I'm not impressed at all. I am a frequent hand washer, so I need a good moisturizer to use at night, when it really has a chance to work. Whenever I use this, my hands get worse, and when I switch to a different cream, they get better. This seems to just disappear after I rub it in, leaving my hands no different from before, except for a vague powdery, plasticky smell, like a new sanitary napkin. It's not because I'm not using enough, since I experimented with using massive dollops of it, to the same effect.

on 11/17/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like (not love) the smell of this...sorta baby/flowery like. But even if I put on a ton my hands still feel dry. Just isn't moisturizing enough, yet it never sinks in and stays greasy for-EV-er! Little greasy fingerprints everywhere. I'll stick with Vaseline Clinical...soaks in immediately and leaves my skin feeling nourished, smooth, and comfortable.

on 11/15/2005 8:06:00 PM

It is the absolute HG hand cream for me. I like how it smells, I like how it feels, and I like its packaging. The only thing I don't like is its price.

on 11/15/2005 4:53:00 PM

Wow, this stuff works like a dream especially since i have dry cracked hands in the wintertime. the only problem i'm having with this product is the smell is quite...loud. And because i'm allergic to it, it's really quite awful. If it weren't for this unfortunate thing, i'd definately repurchase it. I got this one as a gift.

on 11/10/2005 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is quite amazing, it absorbs quickly and leaves my hands feeling soft not greasy afterwards. Being a frequent hand washer, LíOccitane lasts through maybe 2 hand washes, itís not that great but still better than many others Iíve used. The scent is very soft and pleasing, almost almond like. During the winter my hands can get very dry and start to crack and Iím not convinced LíOccitane is heavy enough to prevent it.

on 11/7/2005 10:38:00 AM

This hand cream smells great. I don't find it moisturizes very well though. In our harsh Canadian winter I need something that protect my hands better. I find this cream can get a big greasy. It is also very expensive. Don't know if I would buy it again. I find that the Cliniderm hand cream is much better in protecting my hands.

on 10/22/2005 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for winter! Apply it before you sleep. Really moisture the hands and greatly reduce fine lines on it.

on 10/15/2005 1:55:00 AM

uuhhh after watching a show on QVC i was so convinced this is what i needed. I got this one finally and was so dissappointed. I like the smell , but i feel it does not soak into my skin at all. It washes easily off with plain water and hands feel quite dry after that!! my hands feel good when its just applied tho. But feels dry in a little bit. would not re purchase this again !

on 10/9/2005 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is amazing!! After using it my palms feel like velvet. It is readily absorbed & has a pleasant smell. Also at 40 the tops of my hands are starting to show a bit of age & after using this product for only one week I feel that my hands look younger.

Some complain about the price but I disagree, this is a cream not a lotion & you don't use much at all so it will last a long time. Either way the results from this hand cream are worth the price. The toothpaste-like packaging is fine by me. Having it in a tube takes up less space & it is easy to drop in your purse (especially the 1oz tube).

I can't praise this stuff enough. It is by far the best hand product I have ever used.