L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

my hg for night handcreams!! i love shea butter products, and i love how this has 20%. i use ONLY at nighttime as a deep moisturizing hand treatment. since it costs so much i cant afford to use it as a daytime handcream =P i rub a dime size into my hands, put on Solar Oil on my nails, then slip my hands into gloves. in the morning my hands are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOFT!! this is a miracle because i inherited very dry and thick hands from my mother. this has been the only thing to relieve it! after 3 months of using the hands + gloves every night, my hands are softer, smoother, and the skin on my palms are also softer! others have commented on the smell, i dont notice it even when i rub it in, it just smells a little like baby powder. maybe that weird smell develops over a couple minutes, but by then the gloves are on and i dont smell a thing =P overall i will repurchase for life!!

on 12/25/2005 1:13:00 PM

smells like diaper cream and tends to sit on the surface of my hands and never sink in, not my idea of a good product

on 12/15/2005 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this handcream. I don't even know how I got started on this. I just saw it lying around at a friend's place and I kept on coming back to it to reapply coz it just felt so divine! I'm now noticing a difference in the texture of my hands. Price is steep but I'm prepared to pay the dollars to get something that's nourishing. I would highly recommend it. Get the big tube so you don't run out! Better value overall.

on 12/4/2005 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is fabulous. I've already gone through several tubes. It has a really nice baby powder/shea butter smell, and has a rich, buttery consistency. Considering its richness, it spreads easily and soaks into the skin really well. I use it during the day and before I go to bed and it leaves my hands super soft. The Nail and Cuticle Cream partners nicely with the Hand Cream. I prefer the 30mL mini tubes to the 150mL tubes because I find the cream in the larger tubes does lose its buttery-ness after awhile. The 30mL tubes are "fresher" - plus they can easily be slipped into the purse. The packaging is pretty at first but the tubes can look quite beat-up after some use. The lids can be hard to put back on after applying the cream and I've dropped them several times doing so. A flip lid would be better but it probably wouldn't go very well with the L'Occitane traditional feel. It's definately pricey but overall an EXCELLENT product - try it, you'll be glad you did!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Brutal Canuck winters = very moisturizing hand cream required. This one is nice. I mean if it were $10.00 for a 150ml tube, I'd buy it. But at $28 bones it's just not THAT great. I still have to re-apply it every couple of hours. So, if money isn't an object this is great, however my wonderful Aussie friend Eleven sent me some Paw-Paw ointment that blows this out of the water and costs a fraction of the price!

on 12/2/2005 12:23:00 PM

I've gone through several samples and small tubes of this that I bought for cheap on ebay, and I'm not impressed at all. I am a frequent hand washer, so I need a good moisturizer to use at night, when it really has a chance to work. Whenever I use this, my hands get worse, and when I switch to a different cream, they get better. This seems to just disappear after I rub it in, leaving my hands no different from before, except for a vague powdery, plasticky smell, like a new sanitary napkin. It's not because I'm not using enough, since I experimented with using massive dollops of it, to the same effect.

on 11/17/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like (not love) the smell of this...sorta baby/flowery like. But even if I put on a ton my hands still feel dry. Just isn't moisturizing enough, yet it never sinks in and stays greasy for-EV-er! Little greasy fingerprints everywhere. I'll stick with Vaseline Clinical...soaks in immediately and leaves my skin feeling nourished, smooth, and comfortable.

on 11/15/2005 8:06:00 PM

It is the absolute HG hand cream for me. I like how it smells, I like how it feels, and I like its packaging. The only thing I don't like is its price.

on 11/15/2005 4:53:00 PM

Wow, this stuff works like a dream especially since i have dry cracked hands in the wintertime. the only problem i'm having with this product is the smell is quite...loud. And because i'm allergic to it, it's really quite awful. If it weren't for this unfortunate thing, i'd definately repurchase it. I got this one as a gift.

on 11/10/2005 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is quite amazing, it absorbs quickly and leaves my hands feeling soft not greasy afterwards. Being a frequent hand washer, LíOccitane lasts through maybe 2 hand washes, itís not that great but still better than many others Iíve used. The scent is very soft and pleasing, almost almond like. During the winter my hands can get very dry and start to crack and Iím not convinced LíOccitane is heavy enough to prevent it.