November 26, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bamatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! After using it my palms feel like velvet. It is readily absorbed & has a pleasant smell. Also at 40 the tops of my hands are starting to show a bit of age & after using this product for only one week I feel that my hands look younger.

Some complain about the price but I disagree, this is a cream not a lotion & you don't use much at all so it will last a long time. Either way the results from this hand cream are worth the price. The toothpaste-like packaging is fine by me. Having it in a tube takes up less space & it is easy to drop in your purse (especially the 1oz tube).

I can't praise this stuff enough. It is by far the best hand product I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rickasue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would much rather shell out cash for the Aveda for a hand cream for my purse. This stuff feels good going on your hands . . . and then you need more 1/2 hour later.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Katinka007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream didn't do anything special for my hands besides sitting there on top of my skin. Actually, most products with a high content of shea butter don't agree with my skin (foot cream from the same line is great but it has less shea).
Anyway, price is quite steep but it lasts a long time so in a long run it doesn't really cost that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by xena2309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cant live without this......fantastic as a intensive night treatment!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this free. I am not crazy about the smell.

One day, I went to an African store and I bought tons of Shea butter for $2.
Since then, for me in my mind, L'Occitane is ripe off.

Anyways, the store I went, the clerk was so snobbish and that is why I guess, I don't like L'Occitane.

It is not worth buying, but as a gift, L'Occitane is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 7:19:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

I bought the big tube of this in Paris a few months back after trying a sample...I love it! Love the scent, the feel of it. My hands get a bit dry, not too much, in the winter time and this works great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

I just bought a small travel-sized tube of this from Sephora for $8. I thought even if it wasn't the greatest, I could still keep it in my purse and eventually use it up. Well, I do like it! The texture is nice, rich, kind of thick, but still spreads quite easily. It isn't sticky, greasy, or filmy at all. The initial scent is very feminine and soft, but after it has been on for awhile, I can smell the actual *butter*, which is not the greatest scent in the world to me, but is still tolerable enough to continue using. :-) I would give this a higher rating if it moisturized my hands very well, but it's just a decent moisturizer. I have very dry hands, especially since I'm a compulsive hand-washer and use Purell anti-bacterial gel about 100x a day. The only thing that has actually cured my dry hands in less than 24 hours, is Curel original lotion. I thought this would blow Curel out of the water, but it hasn't yet. Granted, I do use a tiny amount, so I'll use more and update again later if the results are better. I will say that it does hold up after 1-2 hand washings by keeping my hands soft. Overall, it's a good hand cream and the packaging is just lovely! It's a huge reason as to why I bought it. :-) I like the old-fashioned look of the tin tube (especially the small travel sized one that I bought).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Marils

Works better than most but still not moisturising enough as my hands are generally quite dry. You need quite a bit of it for it to work thoroughly but it does absorb very well. Wish the smell was a bit more exciting though. The packaging also annoys me a bit. The silver tube looks nice but isn't very practical and the cap/lid isn't very user friendly. But it's still one of the better hand creams on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2005 10:23:00 AM More reviews by 1975Crumpet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the "you didn't really pay that for a hand cream did you?" philosophy when it comes to this product but the way I look at it is this: your hands show your age and I want to stay as young looking as possible for as long as possible so my hands are a priority to me and L'Occitane take care of this area completely. This cream is thick, it's VERY thick and when I first had a sample I thought it would be far too rich and would never disappear into my hands but I was wrong, it absorbs within minutes, leaving my hands so soft and nourished, I've tried loads of hand creams and the only other one I like as much as this is The Body Shop Almond Hand Rescue, the scent of this cream is pleasant but not earth shattering, the shea butter is wonderful for an intensive conditioning, I use this with the L'Occitane hand scrub for a weekly treatment. The only thing I don't like is the tube, it looks stylish but unfortunately the label falls off and crumples the more you use it, also the metal tube gets battered very easily making it unsightly, but worst of all the lid is so bloody sharp it nearly cuts my hand every time I open it!, I wish they'd get rid of the hexagonal edges, whoever thought plastic could be so sharp?!, I love it but stick it in a tin and I'd love it more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ms325i

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only thing about this hand cream is that people look at me like I am insane when I tell them how much I pay for it. Whenever I am asked for lotion and I pull this out my purse, every single person I have let use it loves it..yet mention the price and they balk at the notion of $30.00 for hand lotion..but what can I say..if you tried it once you know its worth it. It's a out of my budget now that I have just bought a house and have to cut back.