September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i didnt noticed i got cleanser for oily skin.. i thought this wont cause me any bad issues but i was wrong, it made my skin oily after use and i didnt really clean my face.. i gave it to my brother who is acne prone but he didnt like it either so i just stocked it.. i tried the cleanser for dry skin but then it didnt really clean my face with makeup either, so i use that if i want to refresh my face and to moisture it.. i wont buy cetaphil ever again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this stuff when I was on Accutane because I heard it was gentle and didn't dry out the skin. Two years later, it still lives up to its reputation. What I appreciate about this stuff as opposed to other face washes is that it doesn't contain silicic acid, which dries out your skin and does nothing to prevent long-term acne. Cetaphil is simple, affordable, and it does a great job keeping skin clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by janemarple

I was using Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and decided to try their formula for oily skin, thinking that it might be even better. No. It stung when I used my glycolic acid products afterward, whereas when I was using the gentle formula there was no stinging. After a couple of days the gentle areas of my face (around eyes and mouth) started to dry out. I immediately switched back to the gentler formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by gijibaex715

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My brother had this in his bathroom, and i stole it one day because I was in need of a cleanser.
Boy, I'm glad I tried it. I really like this cleanser. It doesn't leave my skin so dry afterwards.
Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read reviews about this facial cleanser, and I almost didn't get it. I usually buy Spectro Jel Combination Skin Cleanser, but it didn't do a great job cleaning my skin anymore. I've gone through 4 bottles of Spectro Jel and just decided I wanted to try something different. I bought the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser and was surprised by the scent. I thought that it would have a medicinal scent that stunk really bad. Honestly, I would preferred a medicinal scent over this disgusting faux baby powder smell (It is however, tolerable after several uses). When I first used it, I got a burning sensation around my nose area, but the rest of my face seemed OK. The 2nd time I used it, the burning sensation was minimal, didn't hurt as badly as the first time I used it. The more I use it, the less it burns. I hope that's a good sign that my face is adjusting to this product. I've used it for almost a week now and my skin is acne free and very soft. However, I think this cleanser might have been geared more towards people with oily skin, as I have normal skin and my face feels tight after usage. It will be a great cleanser during summer, but during winter I might have to get the Gentle Cleanser one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by glanda

never buy this things again!!! smells bad, and useless!!! totally waste my money~

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne and this does not help. It's just a simple gentle cleanser and if that's what you are looking for then buy it! It actually does a great job cleansing off my makeup. I do use acne medicated stuff though like Differin cream and this cleanser is perfect since it is such a basic product and the ingredients have never irritated me. I think this product is only in Canada because it only shows up on the cetaphil.ca website. The U.S one has like some daily facial cleanser that says normal to oily on it. I have acne prone that is very oily, but I have dry spots from acne medication. I use this cleanser on a daily basis. The price is pretty steep for a drugstore product but you get a lot of product in the 500ml. If you go on the Cetaphil site, they have coupons for $3 off the gentle cleanser, but I was able to buy the oily cleanser with the coupon because the employee didn't know. LOL! This product is a bit drying, but a moisturizer can help that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ciat

I used to use this Cetaphil years ago and it worked well on my young, oily skin. Recently, I tried using it again and after a few days my skin was breaking out on my neck and my face was all red and dried out. So I threw it away. The Cetaphil for dry skin is more like a slimy lotion and does not remove makeup well at all. Either they have changed the formula or you had better not use this if you have roseacea, or sensitive skin. It may be better used by those with young skin. I went back to using Olay cloths and my skin looks much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by summersweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use spectro gel but then switched to Cetaphil as a recommendation from my sister. I didn't like the smell of it at first but I got used to it. It is gentle for the skin, not harsh at all. I can actually see a difference to my acne prone and oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by purplepaulina

When I first started using this cleanser, I wasn't liking it. It would burn my face. But after a few days of using it, my face started to get use to it. I really like it, it makes my face feel clean. The product is clear and gel like and I love that it comes with a pump. You don't need to use a lot, just a nickle or quarter size amount is enough. I would definitely buy this again.