December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by caramia6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This was recommended to me by my derm because it is very gentle and has a fairly neutral pH. Although it didn't break my sensitive skin out it didn't foam at all and did not remove any of my eye makeup. This product could only really work for me if I used a pre-cleanser first. I've tried Purpose since and like it much better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ShiningAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot believe it took me that long to find this fantastic cleanser. As per the normal cleanser, this has no-foaming properties, so it might take most a while to get used to it. When I first started, it stinged a little, but that sensation was gone by the second week. It is very gentle, yet cleanses without the tight feeling. My face also didn't oil up as quickly as it would have. Pity that it's only sold at National Skin Centre in Singapore at such a marked up price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sarika

I'm torn on this. I use Differin at night, so I've been sticking with mild cleansers. My sensitive skin gets oily in the summer...I bought this to use in the mornings and after the gym (I wear no products on my face when I workout). First of all, the smell is a tad overpowering. I've still not gotten used to it...it smells like cheap drugstore cleanser to be honest. As for cleaning, it seems to clean well without leaving my feeling skin tight, though the few times I've used it when wearing makeup I've had to wash again. I also haven't broken out, but it did feel slightly irritating a few times. I've been using for about a month, so if my opinion changes I'll update. I would most likely not repurchase again, and may try the Clean & Clear sensitive skin foaming face wash next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and everytime I use this it leaves my skin feeling tight and drawn. It does remove makeup wonderfully though. If I use a moisturizer right afterwards I'm OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sushine

if i could i would give this a 10.
this makes my skin feel clean, i like scrubs more because the make my skin feel extra extra clean.but oh-emm-gee!
cetaphil once again never let's me down. the cleanser evens skin tone (for me at least), cleans my face ,takes of all my make up and overall this cleanser is amazing!

-sunshine <3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cleans pretty well, however, it stings my skin until I get it all rinsed off, and makes my skin feel more sensitive after using. I've switched back to Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Cleanser (it's the same formula as Purpose Gentle Cleanser), and am now using the Cetaphil to wash my makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cleanser. I'm so passionate about this cleanser because it has really helped me. I started using this a couple months before I got on Retin-A and it did help as much as a cleanser could. In pair with Retin-A, my terrible cystic acne has completely cleared up and I rarely get a pimple! I love this cleanser so so much! I pair it with Purpose moisturizer from johnson & johnson. It's gentle, but gets the job done. I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i didnt noticed i got cleanser for oily skin.. i thought this wont cause me any bad issues but i was wrong, it made my skin oily after use and i didnt really clean my face.. i gave it to my brother who is acne prone but he didnt like it either so i just stocked it.. i tried the cleanser for dry skin but then it didnt really clean my face with makeup either, so i use that if i want to refresh my face and to moisture it.. i wont buy cetaphil ever again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this stuff when I was on Accutane because I heard it was gentle and didn't dry out the skin. Two years later, it still lives up to its reputation. What I appreciate about this stuff as opposed to other face washes is that it doesn't contain silicic acid, which dries out your skin and does nothing to prevent long-term acne. Cetaphil is simple, affordable, and it does a great job keeping skin clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by janemarple

I was using Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and decided to try their formula for oily skin, thinking that it might be even better. No. It stung when I used my glycolic acid products afterward, whereas when I was using the gentle formula there was no stinging. After a couple of days the gentle areas of my face (around eyes and mouth) started to dry out. I immediately switched back to the gentler formula.