July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by gijibaex715

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My brother had this in his bathroom, and i stole it one day because I was in need of a cleanser.
Boy, I'm glad I tried it. I really like this cleanser. It doesn't leave my skin so dry afterwards.
Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read reviews about this facial cleanser, and I almost didn't get it. I usually buy Spectro Jel Combination Skin Cleanser, but it didn't do a great job cleaning my skin anymore. I've gone through 4 bottles of Spectro Jel and just decided I wanted to try something different. I bought the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser and was surprised by the scent. I thought that it would have a medicinal scent that stunk really bad. Honestly, I would preferred a medicinal scent over this disgusting faux baby powder smell (It is however, tolerable after several uses). When I first used it, I got a burning sensation around my nose area, but the rest of my face seemed OK. The 2nd time I used it, the burning sensation was minimal, didn't hurt as badly as the first time I used it. The more I use it, the less it burns. I hope that's a good sign that my face is adjusting to this product. I've used it for almost a week now and my skin is acne free and very soft. However, I think this cleanser might have been geared more towards people with oily skin, as I have normal skin and my face feels tight after usage. It will be a great cleanser during summer, but during winter I might have to get the Gentle Cleanser one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by glanda

never buy this things again!!! smells bad, and useless!!! totally waste my money~

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne and this does not help. It's just a simple gentle cleanser and if that's what you are looking for then buy it! It actually does a great job cleansing off my makeup. I do use acne medicated stuff though like Differin cream and this cleanser is perfect since it is such a basic product and the ingredients have never irritated me. I think this product is only in Canada because it only shows up on the cetaphil.ca website. The U.S one has like some daily facial cleanser that says normal to oily on it. I have acne prone that is very oily, but I have dry spots from acne medication. I use this cleanser on a daily basis. The price is pretty steep for a drugstore product but you get a lot of product in the 500ml. If you go on the Cetaphil site, they have coupons for $3 off the gentle cleanser, but I was able to buy the oily cleanser with the coupon because the employee didn't know. LOL! This product is a bit drying, but a moisturizer can help that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ciat

I used to use this Cetaphil years ago and it worked well on my young, oily skin. Recently, I tried using it again and after a few days my skin was breaking out on my neck and my face was all red and dried out. So I threw it away. The Cetaphil for dry skin is more like a slimy lotion and does not remove makeup well at all. Either they have changed the formula or you had better not use this if you have roseacea, or sensitive skin. It may be better used by those with young skin. I went back to using Olay cloths and my skin looks much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by summersweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use spectro gel but then switched to Cetaphil as a recommendation from my sister. I didn't like the smell of it at first but I got used to it. It is gentle for the skin, not harsh at all. I can actually see a difference to my acne prone and oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by purplepaulina

When I first started using this cleanser, I wasn't liking it. It would burn my face. But after a few days of using it, my face started to get use to it. I really like it, it makes my face feel clean. The product is clear and gel like and I love that it comes with a pump. You don't need to use a lot, just a nickle or quarter size amount is enough. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by royaljosieness

i've been using this for a month now and at first I really liked it. It made my skin smooth and clean-feeling. Then it started overdrying my face...to a point where my face hurt when I put toner/moisturizer on. It felt like my cheeks were chapped or something. I think it's nice that cetaphil has such good cleansers but i think if it dries out your natural oils, you face will only produce MORE oil. And that's exactly what happened. I'd wake up with the oilest face ever! So I'm disappointed in this product. Plus, I think it's kind of pricey for a drugstore cleanser. I'll go back to my Olay foaming wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cordelian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser! It cleans away all my makeup and makes my skin feel nice and soft. Also, if i have any pimples this stuff makes them go away. The only thing I don't like is the smell. When I first bought this I thought i would never be able to use it again because it smells so bad, but I got used to it. This stuff is pretty expensive, but it's worth it because it is such a great product and it lasts a really long time. I've had it for three months and I've only used up about one quarter. I would really recommend this product, but if you cant handle bad smells, this stuff is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by trula

My favorite drugstore cleanser.

Another alternative is SpectroJel, I have used the purple one (Sensitive skin?). I find that Cetaphil cleanses more efficiently than SJ and has a nice baby powder scent that I like. It's not irritating for my skin at all. It lasts a really long time, maybe a couple months and I use 2-3 pumps twice everyday. Love that it comes in a pump!

Note: I am reviewing the blue/green/beige bottle, I don't like the original Cetaphil formula (blue label)