October 2, 2014 | 952 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

My god. This is a miracle product. I'm fifteen, acne prone combination skin and ever since christmas vacation I just received a huge heep of breakouts on my forehead. it was horrible they were yet to go away! I was using Murad Cleansing Gel (acne) and clindegel or whatever and trentinoin 0.5%. it just wasn't cutting it for me. Derm recommeneded oral pills and trentinoin 0.1% . I hate oral pills because I can't swallow pills yet, I just haven't learned how to. so its a complete drag to take these and they give me mad stomache aches (its like deoxycycline or something). So finally I turned to something a little different. Dove. My friends use dove as a makeup remover, but I never really got into it. love the beauty body wash! works and smells like heaven. This soap cleared more acne then anything else has in two days. TWO DAYS! I've never been so shocked. I had a huge cyst form below my eyelid and it was starting to hurt so bad. I dropped the pills and added Dove instead, a little worried it might break me out but since people were saying it's a little drying, i had a feeling it wouldn't dry me out. Now I'm in love! my skin is clear, no more red spots and the cyst is about 3x smaller! which is a huge improvement. since Dove bars are about $1 at the target travel section, I'll definitely stalk up. I got mine from a friend. Works amazing. I love Dove.

EDIT MARCH02; Still working wonders, still being amazing dove! Cleared up tons of my acne. But blackheads, it won't touch. Too bad =( I'll find something else for my blackheads but this soap cleared up SO much of my acne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a bit on the fence about this as I love the smell of dove and use their original shower cream/gel and deodorant.

I used this on my face as i'm trying to go back to basics as it were with skincare but found it a bit too drying. I think it is one of those products that works for some and not others. I don't blame the soap, just my strange skin type! I have been using DHC cleansing oil instead and that is working out just great.

Have put a NO to repurchase but that is only for facial use. My husband is a soap and water kinda guy so i will buy it again for him, and me to wash my hands with. Also the price is fabulous so I am envious of you ladies who are getting on well with it. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this on my face (I think that's what it's meant for?) but use it in the shower as a body soap. I find normal soaps quite drying but this is lovely - feels nice, smells great and leaves my skin moisturised.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sheepishgurl

This clogged my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

After being a neutrogena fan for years - I asked my mother in law who doesnt buy into all of the hype of cosmetic surgery and has beautiful clear skin, what she used and she proudly said Dove beauty bar. I know their tried and true beauty products (such as ponds cold cream) that our mothers and their mothers have been using for generations. I just started using this about 3 months ago and love it. It cleans my skin but doesnt dry it out. I havent noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin -but I feel good knowing that I am using something moisturizing on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Dove soap bars. They lather up lovely and have pretty and clean scents and moisturize well. They are pretty themselves too. I left a packaged one without the plastic wrap in my room and for a day or two, the smell of soap kind of wafted around that area. Totally random I know but I just felt like noting it. Dove is the only soap bar I'll use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by foxytina69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i got this as part of a dove gift set for christmas. i love the classic smell and it does get you clean feeling, but i find its not moisturising enough. it leaves my skin dry and thirsty. my husband really likes it though. i think this would be a great bar soap to use after exercising etc. or for anyone who really loves that squeaky clean feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I stopped using shower gels when I moved a few months ago and started buying the Dove beauty bar again. I really like the smell and it gets me clean without drying my skin. I am a huge fan of Dove's advertising campaign in which they use real women as models. I love the the fact they dont perpetuate the one size fits all standard of beauty. I know its an advertising campaign designed to make the company money but I cant help but support a company that shows how beautiful real women are. It feels good to buy from a company doing SOMETHING positive for women's self esteem plus the soap is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Classic soap that cleans well and smells WONDERFUL. Brings back many memories of playing in the bathtub as a child. We ALWAYS had Dove soap in the bathroom growing up. Perfect to cleanse and soothe itchy wintertime (or anytime your skin is dry) skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by EatMoreSoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG of all soaps. First of all, the scent can not be beat. I use this in the shower and have even used it on my face from time to time with no problems. Actually, I have used Dove in moments of desperation on my face during stubborn breakouts, and I swear, they cleared up quicker.