November 23, 2014 | 1102 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angela_cheung11

A good basic soap. I use this on my body and it doesn't dry my skin out, but doesn't really moisturise that much either. Pretty good though, nice and creamy. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I was in my early 20s with cystic acne, my derm told me that drying out my oily skin makes my face even oilier, so she suggested I switch to an old-fashioned Dove bar to wash my face. What a difference it made - my face was clean and soft, all for 97. Dove even takes off my eye makeup without tugging or pulling out lashes.
I use it in the shower for washing my body too.
I sometimes try out other cleansers, but I always go back to my Dove bar. It's especially good for travel!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

This is okay. This is just soap for me... LOL I use it on my body, never on my face. I always put on lotion after my showers too...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have very dry skin on my face to the point thatthe sides of my nose, forehead peel unless I use 3 layers of Cetaphil lotion. I tried the sensitive/unscented version last year and within 2 days i had clogged my facial pores so much that the dryness was replaced by a film of 'lotion' that broke me out so I stopped using it.
This year I deciede that since there are a few versions and I heard a lot of good reviews about the pink beauty bar I'd try that. It hasnt clogged my pores so far and this is 3 wks later. It seems to wash the skin whereas the other bar just left behind too much residue.

3 MONTH UPDATE
After 4 weeks my face totally turned on this. It started clogging my skin and drying it out at the same time and my face never felt clean. I tried all of the other versions and they were all terrible in the same way. I don;t believe it;s really for sensitive skins at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have normal skin, with a very slightly oily t-zone and large pores. This product gives me blackheads. It doesn't feel as if it cleanses properly and leaves a film on my skin. However my mum, who has much finer pores than I do, uses it and really likes it. Horses for courses, even good products won;t work for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

My god. This is a miracle product. I'm fifteen, acne prone combination skin and ever since christmas vacation I just received a huge heep of breakouts on my forehead. it was horrible they were yet to go away! I was using Murad Cleansing Gel (acne) and clindegel or whatever and trentinoin 0.5%. it just wasn't cutting it for me. Derm recommeneded oral pills and trentinoin 0.1% . I hate oral pills because I can't swallow pills yet, I just haven't learned how to. so its a complete drag to take these and they give me mad stomache aches (its like deoxycycline or something). So finally I turned to something a little different. Dove. My friends use dove as a makeup remover, but I never really got into it. love the beauty body wash! works and smells like heaven. This soap cleared more acne then anything else has in two days. TWO DAYS! I've never been so shocked. I had a huge cyst form below my eyelid and it was starting to hurt so bad. I dropped the pills and added Dove instead, a little worried it might break me out but since people were saying it's a little drying, i had a feeling it wouldn't dry me out. Now I'm in love! my skin is clear, no more red spots and the cyst is about 3x smaller! which is a huge improvement. since Dove bars are about $1 at the target travel section, I'll definitely stalk up. I got mine from a friend. Works amazing. I love Dove.

EDIT MARCH02; Still working wonders, still being amazing dove! Cleared up tons of my acne. But blackheads, it won't touch. Too bad =( I'll find something else for my blackheads but this soap cleared up SO much of my acne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a bit on the fence about this as I love the smell of dove and use their original shower cream/gel and deodorant.

I used this on my face as i'm trying to go back to basics as it were with skincare but found it a bit too drying. I think it is one of those products that works for some and not others. I don't blame the soap, just my strange skin type! I have been using DHC cleansing oil instead and that is working out just great.

Have put a NO to repurchase but that is only for facial use. My husband is a soap and water kinda guy so i will buy it again for him, and me to wash my hands with. Also the price is fabulous so I am envious of you ladies who are getting on well with it. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this on my face (I think that's what it's meant for?) but use it in the shower as a body soap. I find normal soaps quite drying but this is lovely - feels nice, smells great and leaves my skin moisturised.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sheepishgurl

This clogged my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

After being a neutrogena fan for years - I asked my mother in law who doesnt buy into all of the hype of cosmetic surgery and has beautiful clear skin, what she used and she proudly said Dove beauty bar. I know their tried and true beauty products (such as ponds cold cream) that our mothers and their mothers have been using for generations. I just started using this about 3 months ago and love it. It cleans my skin but doesnt dry it out. I havent noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin -but I feel good knowing that I am using something moisturizing on my skin.