April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update 10/18/12: So I've had this a year. I still love it and it is still working perfectly (knock on wood). Hands down - it is still the best purchase I've made for my face. The expensive brushes are the only downside - but to have my skin look and feel as nice as it does, it's completely worth it. I've found the deep pore brush to be what my skin likes. The sensitive and regular both irritated my skin. I used it more frequently when it was purchased - but I've found 3 times a week to be the perfect frequency for my skin. Other than my hormonal break-outs, this thing has really kept my skin in check. And I've noticed old acne scars fading because of the exfoliation. Still HG. =)

I know this is an amazingly long review (for me the longest to date - but because of the cost and knowing the research most of us go through before committing - I felt it only appropriate. Thanks! =)

HG status for me! I only wish I had learned about this product ten years ago! I had heard about this product in magazines, on various boards and reviews. I, being of sound mind and body, had serious reservations about spending 130 bucks on what could very well end up being a glorified brush that sat in my pile of unused beauty products. I milled over the purchase for a good few months. I happened to mention it in passing to my boss - a super high end lady who knows her products - and she said she swore by it. (Though I'm pretty sure she has the pro - cause that's how this chick rolls.) Well that's all it took for me. I had a couple of returns to make at Sephora, so I took my credit and purchased the Mia. It was meant to be - I mean the returns came out to the penny on my purchase of the Mia - so for me, I considered it a freebie. (Yeah, I know it wasn't really free but it makes me feel better.) I picked up the Mia set that contained some various products (have yet to try them) and the deep pore brush head for $119 in white.

As luck would have it - within 24 hours of my purchase - I came down with the flu. There was no way I was going to try the Mia until I got better. About a week later, when I finally felt better I decided to try her out. My face looked awful. Over the week of being sick, I completely abandoned my normal routine. And my face showed it. I looked like hell warmed over - my mild rosacea was in overdrive from fever - I was dry and oily in all the usual places and broken out. Perfect! I figured if this thing could bring my face back - it must be the real deal. I tried it out in the shower using my TJ's Tea Tree Oil Pure Veggie Soap (all I ever use - all over). I slathered my face, neck and the very top of my chest. (Probably more skin than the Mia was meant for - but like all my stuff - you earn your keep!) It took about three minutes to get everything washed. It did tickle my nose at first, but you get used to it. The brushes don't move - but vibrate. {Am I the only one who thinks Clarisonic should really branch into other businesses considering they already have the technology ;) } I took special care on my cheeks and nose. I could see where it would be easy to go crazy. When I got out of the shower and dried off my face - I noticed all my dry flakes were completely gone. My skin had a softness to it that it's only had when I've used my Embryolisse creme. I was so excited. My face had a healthy glow. I called over my SO to feel my face. He commented on how soft my skin was. Nice! The best part - it didn't aggravate my rosacea at all! I put on my usual cream - Olay Micro-Sculpting - and it sunk in. It didn't just sit on the top of my skin like it normally would.

Over a two week period - I didn't notice a huge purge period. What purging I did have were black heads - on my chin and nose especially . I remember putting my moisturizer on and when I applied it to my chin, feeling two or three sand-like granules in my hand. (From resting the phone on my shoulder/chin when talking to clients on the phone for hours at a time.) I've also noticed that my skin looks noticeably brighter, healthier and much more clear. I suffer from large pores on my nose, and they definitely look smaller than they ever have. My rosacea has all but gone. In all honesty, my skin has never looked better or felt better.

On to the cons - and there are a few. The battery life is supposed to be 20 minutes. It feels more like ten to me. I've never timed it - and I should. Just be prepared to have it on the charger every few days. I was warned by the SA to only charge it when the battery is dead. And the brush heads - be prepared to thoroughly rinse out the brush heads and the unit itself after each use. And do not cap it wet! I did and walked away - came back the next day and I noticed it started to get a funk. I had to thoroughly soak everything in peroxide before using it again. It was fine after but this isn't a no-maintenance product. My routine with it after each use is to take the brush head apart and rinse each piece separately along with the unit and hand drying the pieces and leaving them to air dry on my counter. It takes all of two minutes but still. And as some of the other reviewers have mentioned - if you stop using it for a short period of time - you will notice a change in your skin. My SO and I have been bouncing the flu between us - so I didn't use the Mia for a few days. And I could definitely tell in the texture and look of my skin. My final verdict - I love it! The only thing I'm wondering now is if I should have bitten the bullet and gotten the Plus because I'm so impressed with the Mia! Highly, highly recommend! And like the SA at Sephora said - try it for a month - if you don't like it, bring it back (with a wink and smile).

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I scrimped and saved to purchase my Clarisonic MIA last year and I have to say, it's really not all that. Given the choice again, I would probably save my money and go with the Olay Pro-X cleansing brush. The one thing I don't like is that if I use the brush at night I have to clean my face of make-up first, then use the brush. Otherwise it is just pushing my make up into my pores. So it basically makes my cleansing routine longer. I switched to just using it in the morning. I don't really notice a difference in my skin when I'm using it, although if I stop I do notice my skin is not quite as smooth. Considering the price of the product and the price of the replacement brushes, I'm unimpressed. I will continue using it just because I've already invested in it, but I won't purchase again once it stops working. (And uggh, $25 for a replacement brush, which has to be replaced every 3 months).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

**The Mia is officially available in AUSTRALIA!!!!....But only white for now, the coloured Mia's are arriving sometime in December 2011**

Anyways I couldn't wait, so I ended up getting a friend to do a CP from USA and ship it to Australia.
I loved my Pro soo much! But with all the traveling, I really didn't want to take my Pro along with me only because I'm afraid I will damage it or the cradle.
The Mia is currently only $119USD + tax in the USA including shipping, it actually worked out to be a lot cheaper then the $149AUD Clarisonic Australia is demanding here in Australia.

I'm not going to go on about how wonderful the Clarisonic is, obviously love it to death and all the incredible things its done for my skin! ......And partly cause my review for the Pro was like 5000 word essay dedicated to praise the Clarisonic itself, Mia does exactly the same thing... So whatever I write here will technically be a repeat of all that.

The Mia is literally half the size of my Pro, small, efficient, the pLink charger is fantastic for the traveler like me.
Although I love my Pro and still use it more often then my Mia (Mia is only for when I'm away) I found if your not interested in the body function, or the pulsing T-timer, the Mia is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I got this for my birthday last year and I haven't looked back. I use less cleanser, my face gets cleaner, and my face feels smoother afterwards. If you're on the fence, get this! It's worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I do feel this is a bit pricy it has so far proved to be worth the splurge.
My skin is absolutely glowing from this!
It leaves my skin looking tightened (in a good way) which is a very good thing for someone like me with unfortunately large pores.
As others have said, it really does allow for better absorption of moisturizers!
I use retin A at night and this seems to have allowed me to use even less than I was, with better results. I know, it sounds too good to be true, but so far I am loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by fly2sky012

I am in love with my Mia! My husband bought this as a birthday present (I know, way to go!), and I am so glad he did! I was wondering if I would end up using it to find absolutely NO difference in my skin and wondering what the rave reviews were all about. Now I am one of those rave reviewers. I've had it for over a month, and it is one of my favorite beauty products. First of all, it removes make up so well, better than any liquid/gel remover or wipe out there. It's not at all harsh on the skin (which I was worried about), although I will say that my skin did seem a bit flushed for the first few days, until I realized you're only supposed to use it once a day. My skin feels so smooth, soft, my pores are smaller, and I think the exfoliation is actually helping with some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, which is awesome. It comes with a delicate brush head, but they sell a gentle one if you have really sensitive skin. If you end up using a gel cleanser with this like I do, I would recommend putting a small amount on your skin as well as on the brush head mixed with water, and it will help it lather up more. My face wash wasn't lathering at all until I started putting it on both my skin and on the brush head.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sookiepyopyo

I was very excited to try this product but it did not work for me. I already have good skin and I thought it would keep it that way. It did make my skin feel very soft and it was very refreshing especially after long, humid, hot NYC summer days. However, it made me break out on my cheeks with cystic pimples which I have never had. I returned the device and 2 months later the pimples have still not completely disappeared. I could see it working great for many others though but the over exfoliation turned out to be overload for me. I have run into others who have had the same experience. Maybe in some years it may work but I'd stay away if you just want to try this out of curiosity. If you only need gentle exfoliation and don't wear heavy makeup I'd stick to a glycolic acid cleanser a couple of times a week.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by skincarefanatic01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel compelled to write a review on this product because I am the forever skeptic and never in a million years would I have thought this product would have So, I had been debating whether or not to try the Clarisonic for at least a year. I had seen it on QVC time after time and at first just thought to myself, "Please! I have been washing my face all on my own for over 20 years. Do I really need a gadget that costs so much money to help do something that I have been quite successful at for the last 2 decades? How effective can it really be?"

Well, my curiosity finally got the best of me and I went to Sephora and purchased the Mia. I must admit, I was almost hoping for it to fail so I could prove myself right that I didn't need some expensive gadget to wash my face and all the hype is just ridiculous.

Wow, was I WRONG!! After the first couple days of use, I thought my skin felt "nice" and it did kinda feel like I just had a facial. But, I was still skeptical as to whether that was worth the price tag. Then I kept using it twice a day with my Purity cleanser and after a couple of weeks my skin has done a complete 180.

I am no longer using concealer, my stubborn clogged pores on my nose are all but GONE, and I have not had a single breakout (That is HUGE, considering I am just finishing up my "time of the month" when my skin usually breaks out in huge painful cystic acne from the hormones). I had no idea my skin even had the potential to look and feel this good. It is clear, so so so soft, brighter, more even in color & texture, and my makeup goes on smoother than ever.

Seriously, Clarisonic has COMPLETELY changed my skin! Now, I can't imagine not using my Mia every single day. I look forward to using it so much that its the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and when I'm driving home from work at least once I think to myself, "I can't wait to get home and wash my face". It has made me appreciate my beloved Purity cleanser and Hope In A Jar Moisturizer more as well since they seem to be working SO much better (and I didn't think that was possible either since they are my HG products). It gets my Purity down deep into my pores to work its magic. And with such a clean slate, my skin just drinks my HIAJ moisturizer right up and I have a beautiful healthy glow that I haven't had in years.

Thank you Clarisonic!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about two weeks ago and I think it's my favorite beauty purchase ever. HG.
It's fast, just a minute, and very gentle. I use it twice daily after removing my makeup. The first time I used it my face looked smoother. After the first week I got 3 tiny whiteheads, which I think was part of the "purging" that many people referred to. They have since gone away. My pores on my nose and t-zone are visibly smaller. My face is smoother and also I no longer have dry patches around my nostrils and near my eyebrows. I used to wear a tinted moisturizer and bronzer, but I am more and more relishing in having a bare face. I've never been so confident in my bare face before. My dad commented that my face "glows" and told me yesterday "You look like someone who had botox--your skin is so smooth." I don't know if it's in my head, but I had some mild pocking on my temples from teenage acne that seem smoother. I DO think my various serums work better with this product. I enjoy my evening ritual of make up removal, clarisonic, serum, moisturizer now--I feel like I'm giving myself a facial. It's also easy to travel with. I plan to buy this for my sister for Christmas.

6 months later:
I now use my mia a few times a week and still love it. I found in the winter it was a bit much to use it everyday, but expect that as the weather starts heating up I will use it more. I used it on a trip to Hawaii when I was wearing a lot of sun screen and sweating a lot and it kept my face pristine. It's especially good when I have some uneven dryness or flakiness--I use my Mia and my skin is even and smooth. I also like to use it before a facial mask because I think they work better and more evenly. I hardly wear any facial make up, which I credit to my Mia. I am very happy with my purchase, as is my sister.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I just bought this product on sale from Sephora =) I think I got this for $111.
Its the best, I use it 1x to exfoliate my skin. I'm not sure if I could use this everyday, because generally I exfoliate my skin 1x/week. Anyways, I love this product & its made my skin so much more smoother. I haven't broken out at all either.
its worth it