NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 9/27/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation was applied on my face by a makeup artist at Sephora who did a wonderful job. When I got home my boyfriend told me how nice I looked and how pretty my face looked. The next day I went back and bought it. I have found that this looks better when applying it with a sponge instead of a brush because it looks less streaky. Make sure you blend the foundation in all of the way and set it with some powder and you will have a glowing face.
Pros:
*does not break me out
*great for winter
*satin finish
Cons
*poor packaging
*can be streaky
*expensive

on 9/25/2012 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in Siberia. Firstly I love how light the colour is, and as a pale person that's hard to come across. However I don't like to use this alone as it looks quite yellow on my skin, and it doesn't cover spots and redness. And although I thought at first this was moisturizing, it made my skin look flaky! I like to use this to adjust the colour of other foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear. It also adds a little glow to what would usually be a matte foundation.
The packaging is dumb too, the lid never stays on and the foundation goes everywhere even if you keep in the box. Also it's way too expensive for what it is!
I would only buy this again because of the colour to adjust darker foundations.

on 9/24/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have very oily skin, especially around the t-zone but I am slightly olive with relatively clear skin so I don't need that much coverage. This product is perfect for me because it is relatively sheer and is yet to break me out, the only downside is the cost. If I could change anything about the product I would probably prefer the consistency to be a little more sheer. So I only wear this foundation at night and instead during the day I use a Korres tinted moisturizer. I bought NARS Sheer Glow in the colour Fiji, and also purchased the NARS concealer at the same time in the colour Custard, both colours work very well together.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, If your going to spend $40 on a product, I recommend going to a beauty store first and getting one of those makeovers by the people first before doing something stupid like me and buying this product without even trying it. I bought the right color and all, the color is good, but the way it goes on, if I apply a powder over the product, it gets really cakey (even if i put a little powder! And the powder is a quality powder too). I have oily skin everywhere and dry flakey skin on my chin, between my eyebrows and on the pimples of my forehead. Don't buy this product unless you have absolutely perfect skin and only want a little bit of coverage. I do not recommend if you need full coverage everyday like me.

on 9/21/2012 9:22:00 PM

This used to be my HG until the damage it did to my skin. It made these small white bumps form under my skin -- which led to costly facials and scrubs to get rid of. I absolutely love the coverage, smell, glow etc. but it totally ruined my skin. If you have sensitive skin avoid this foundation. I hope they change the formula ASAP!

on 9/21/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a sample (pushed on me) by a Sephora rep. She thought it would be great for my oily skin. While I can say that the shade matched, and when I first put it on it looked nice, it was all downhill from there. My skin was extra-oily by 10AM. This may work nicely for normal skin types, but NOT recommended for those w/ oily skin like me. (Primer didn't help the problem, either.)

on 9/21/2012 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great foundation, especially if you're looking for something that won't make you look heavily made up. NARS Sheer Glow is really light on the skin, while still covering my dark acne scars and uneven skin tone.

I am a perfect match with Syracuse, which surprised me as I read online that a lot of NC40/42 girls wear this colour (I am more NC44). Syracuse doesn't make me look orange, but enhances my brown skin tone without making me look too yellow or unnatural.

I find I can't build up too much, otherwise the "glow" gets too much and makes me look a bit oily (I have an oily t-zone). Still, a little bit of product makes me look natural, it's easy to blend and lasts pretty well throughout the day. I apply with a foundation brush, regardless of what the instructions say (they recommend to apply with your fingers). I find that it takes awhile to warm up on my skin, but it looks great once it has and I'd prefer to wait than to use my fingers and warm it up first.

The major downside is the price of this stuff ($89 NZD). I'm not too fussed that it doesn't come with a pump, because it means I don't use a lot and get the right coverage I want; I just shake the bottle and stick my brush in. Overall, I LOVE Sheer Glow - hello, HG!!

on 9/16/2012 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love love love! Perfect shade for me. Last longer than my mac foundations and i absolutely love the finish. I wish it comes a with pump though :)

on 9/15/2012 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG product. I have tried many many foundations over the years from high street to high end, and this one (being conveniently somewhere in between price-wise) is the one that matches my skin-tone best, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and provides a medium amount of coverage while still looking natural. I'm not sure how many times I've repurchased already - several - and I will continue to do so. I don't like the big over-cap and always take mine off and throw it away. I do like that it comes in a normal bottle and not a pump so you can get all the product out. I also like that it doesn't have SPF because, with sensitive skin, that creates another layer of possible problems, and I prefer to tackle that outside of the challenge of finding the right colour and coverage. I hope NARS will keep making this one just as it is.

This stuff is very expensive in Australia!! For AU$68, you expect it to perform very well to at least stand out from drugstore foundations.However, the good thing about getting a department store foundation is that you get an MUA there to help you choose the right match colour for your skin, but for that price, which is double the price of Revlon Photoready ($34 in Australia for Photoready is also way too expensive compared with the States!), again you expect it to be heaps better than that, but regardless of the price, i would say that it is a very good foundation.

I got the colour in Fiji which matches my skin tone fairly well. It's rather a yellow based colour and more so a day-to-day wear colour. It is a very buildable foundation, it goes on very smooth and sheer on the skin, doesn't feel heavy at all which is also what i want as you don't want a heavy foundation especially when summer is comming up! The coverage is quite sheer, and even though the consistancy feels more liquid like, it still has very buildable coverage - i have breakouts around my cheek at the momet and it covers them very well.

The finish of this foundation is just as it's stated to be - natural with a healthy glow. I personally don't like a matte finish foundation and the glow this foundation creates is very natural and I agree with some other reviewers that it does just feel like skin, it leaves your skin soft and enables it to breath, i set it with Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder and it looks absolutely beautiful.

As in how long it lasts on the skin, i don't know, i've had it on for 4 hours already today and it still looks perfect, could be becaue i use loose powder on top of it, but as long as the result goes, it doesn't worry me that much so far.

Last night I had it on without any other makeup - no loose powder, no nothing, and i didn't even feel the need to wash off my face before i went to bed as it just felt so natural and skin-like, so overall, i think this is a very good option for a daily wear and it can also be built to the look you want. Again, very blendable and feels very natural, easy to build with all kinds of tools and even better with your fingers.

Would i purchase it again? probably not after this one, but who knows? It is a good foundation after all, just a little bit pricy for what it is, but i guess it's still more reasonable than other higher end products of which i don't see any wonders, but yeah, definitely a good foundation for a natural and buildable look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials