NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

For about a year I was debating whether I should purchase NARS Sheer Glow. It is definitely a cult favourite, however some say it's not very long lasting, it's too dull, too shiny, it breaks them out, its overrated...etc etc, so I always remained on the fence. Long story short, I eventually caved to my indulgences and bought the damn thing. I'm sure everyone has either tried this for themselves, or read the many reviews already posted, but I decided to give my two cents on it anyway.

First off, the packaging looks beautiful. What I mean is that while it looks quite elegant in glass and Nars signature packaging, it is definitely NOT functional. Glass is heavier to carry around, and we all know how easily that matte black velvety material gets prints all over it! Not to mention there isn't a pump, which makes this foundation extra fussy.

The finish of Sheer Glow is honestly more matte than 'glowy', especially after you powder. The coverage claims to be sheer (hence the name) but I'd say it's more of a medium coverage that is buildable. So right off the bat this foundation is misleading, it should be called 'Medium Matte'... but um that's not exactly a marketable name. As for it's functionality, Sheer Glow isn't the best foundation I've used that accomodates dry patches, as it kind of makes dry skin look more dull. Also, maybe I matched my shade wrong (I'm in the shade Stromboli), but it applies slightly orange on my skin. Even though orange looks disturbing on your face at first, it blends very well, and almost makes my skin look more healthy and tan. I'm sure this will match better in the summer too! So i decided to keep it, instead of returning or tossing it (which some may have done after seeing the orange tint. It was $50 and i was hell bent on making it work!)

In addition, even though this foundation isn't great for tired, dry skin, it looks amazing on good skin days. No other foundation I've tried has given me more compliments, just because it gives a perfected finish to your skin. I look polished, and fresh faced, not oily or cake faced. It's not an awful foundation on bad skin days. I just find I have to sheer it out with a tinted moisturizer/lotion to add some hydration.

Here my list of pros and cons for this foundation (for quick reference);

PROS: - Great at evening skin tone and even minor blemishes - Light weight and build able - Blends into the skin quite easily - Great colour range available - Don't need a brush to apply with. Actually, Nars recommends you use your fingers - Scent is mild - non existant - Doesn't cause break outs.

CONS: - No pump! Packaging is actually so dysfunctional. - Not great over dry patches - If you like natural looking makeup I wouldn't say this is ideal - On me the foundation is a tad bit orange - Longevity isn't amazing, especially in the humid summer months.

All in all I am quite happy with this foundation. I place a high priority on quality products that don't react with my skin. Sheer Glow definitely meets that standard as I've never had a breakout problem with it. Despite the fact that it's a bit orange I'm still satisfied with the colour match. It looks amazing on good skin days, and alright on bad skin days. My biggest complaints are the lack of pump, and for me it could be a little more hydrating for every day use.

I also want to add that on top of this foundation, I was wearing Laura Mercier loose setting powder, MAC Msfn in medium deep as bronzer, and Gingerly blush... they all glided on smoothly with this foundation as a base, and all the products made for flawless looking skin <3

The only reason i would not buy this product again is because of the pimples it so generously left me. I remember using this product 2 years ago and really liked it, but then i got bored and switched to MUF HD foundation. Eventually, i became bored of that foundation and decided to switch back to sheer glow. Everything was good for the first day, and then i got pimples on my forehead that were big, almost itchy, and took a while to disappear.

I really liked the finish; was not harsh in daylight, looked good at night, photographs well, and covers well. The colour matches are great, such a wide variety. I dont mind that the bottle has a cap you have to unscrew, but i sort of mind the price. It's pretty heafty for liquid foundation that doesnt last more than a month.

All in all, had it not gave me pimples im sure this would have been my HG... sadly, didnt work the second time around.

I am a great lover of NARS products but in this one disappointed, way too much shine to make it usuable, at least at my age.
Structure is okay though as is packaging.

Lovely foundation with a flawless finish. Not too heavy with that "painted on" look which is perfect for me as my skin is fairly clear most of the time. Goes on well but don't link the fact that no pump comes with the bottle - this foundation is £29 surely they could include a pump within that price? Not cool NARS!! They suggest applying with fingers but I prefer a brush and sponge technique a it's less messy (I'm always in a rush). Definately one to try if you prefer a more natural foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good coverage but terrible for dry acne prone skin, it made me breakout and my skin looked drier and flaky whilst accentuating any lines. If you have dry or acne prone skin I would not recommend this product .

I am very fair and find the Siberian shade works great for me. I really like this foundation, I find I gives a natural coverage. It does give my skin a slight shine, but I am putting it on over moisturizer and sunblock. I wish it came with a pump, that would make the packaging better. It does last on my face and I do set it with setting powder. It is quite expensive for foundation, but that is true of Nars, so I would consider this a splurge.

This is a pretty good foundation. This is so light I forget I am even wearing foundation, no breakouts, light-medium coverage (which is fine for me, since I have a clear complexion anyways). If you need full coverage, I would suggest another foundation or using concealer underneath. My face never gets oily or cakey with this foundation, & this foundation stays put ALL DAY! Also, this doesn't oxidize or turn my face orange. This is expensive, but well worth every penny! I will definitely continue to buy this! Very pleased.

Also, Iam happy I didn't buy the sheer matte version because this one actually looks matte on me with a little bit of a glow, so the matte version would've probably looked too dry. (In case you are in between deciding on which version to purchase).

This was a horrible foundation for me. I have semi-large pores and it seriously looked like I had no foundation on (good) but with dark foundation dots where my pores are (gross..and not so good.) These kinds of luminous finish foundations rarely work for my skin type (combo/oily) and matte finish foundations look sooo much better on me. I can see how this would be a great foundation for someone with better skin than mine. It did look very natural (in between the "dots" :)) and with someone without noticeable pores, I think this could be beautiful on them. Foundation is a very personal thing-everyone has to see what works for them. What works for my friends never works for me and vice versa..

I really wanted to love this product, and I've tried to work with it because it has such great coverage but it makes me break out so much every time I use it. Think i'll be sticking to my revlon colour stay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful finish on my uneven rough textures skin. Better than Armani Luminous Silk and better staying poweNot as expensive and you don't have to buy two shades of the stuff to get the right look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials