September 17, 2014 | 1965 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by shellbell85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is one of my HG foundation. I first purchased the NARS sheer matte. But i didn't like how it blended with a brush and it also looked cakey on. So I went back to sephora and exchanged it with the sheer glow, which by the way blends way better than the sheer matte. I love the finish it looks way natural than any other foundations i have. I guess because of the color i chose which is macao. For refernce im a MAC NC50.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never worn much foundation but now that I'm in my 40s, I realize I could seriously use the help to even out my skin tone. I have used mineral foundations on and off and really love Laura Mercier's but wanted to find a liquid foundation that might work on me and provide light coverage. I was matched perfectly at Sephora (and I never would have gotten it right on my own) - and really, this foundation works wonderfully. It doesn't really provide a "glow" like I had hoped but I have good highlighters for that anyway. I don't use it every day and don't think it's truly an HG for me, but I do love it and do think it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by daydreamatnight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i've used NARS sheer glow for a little over a year now. originally i was matched to barcelona, but when i went back to Sephora to get a new bottle i got matched to syracuse. The foundations I've used in the past are Make Up Forever HD foundation (shade 128), Bare minerals (golden medium), and Clinique's even better. This by far is the best choice if your looking for more coverage because it's buildable but doesn't leave you cakey. If you want the same glow effect with less coverage i recommend Clinques even better, and if you want a foundation that's more Matte with light coverage i recommend the MUFE HD.

Pros: Great coverage, does really good job of covering up acne scars, brightens complection, buildable coverage

Cons: Bottle doesn't have a pump, $42.00

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am confident I will be using this foundation for a long time to come. In Australia this foundation retails for $79 which is ridiculous, I buy it from America for around $40 which is cheap relative to the price of a good foundation in Australia.
I cannot fault this foundation. Goes on beautifully and the shade Fiji is a perfect match to my natural skin tone. I focus my application mainly in my T-Zone and I have never had a breakout from it. I pair it with NARS loose powder in Eden and I have Flawless coverage. So pleased I would easily recommend this to anyone! Worth every cent and I feel one million dollars!
If I had to fault it I would say the packaging. I went traveling recently and had the bottle on its side and the product leaked all through the lid of the bottle. A pump lid would of avoided this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by farrahk

i love every aspect of this foundation apart from the packaging, is it really that hard for nars to include a pump when you already pay enough for the product, that is the least they could do!! anyway attention back to the actual product, the colour match of this foundation has been the best i have ever found, i have tried numerous foundations ; several from chanel, mac etc and none can match this foundation in terms of colour match. i use barcelona for reference and it is absolutely my perfect shade. as i tend to need a light coverage i only tend to use this foundation when i want my skin to look its most flawless ie for special occasions. with the sheer glow i wouldnt quite call it a full coverage foundation though it can certainly be built up to one, it is more of a medium coverage and i apply it with fingers or flat foundation brush either of these methods work fine. as for providing a glow, it does make my skin look a whole lot more healthy so if thats the glow the people at nars are talking about then i see it. the finish of the foundation is more satin then dewy and i do find myself setting it because i can become victim to an oily t-zone sometimes so i always do this step anyway. I'm absolutely in love with this foundation and will repurchase over and over as it just makes my skin the best it can look and subsequent products that i apply just look amazing on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlovesmakeup12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im finally bringing myself to write this review, Nars sheer glow is a amazing product, it makes you look flawless, and let's your natural skin shine though radiantly. I've purchasced this product about 4 times now, but it seemed different every time I repurchased it. I have to say I won't be buying it ever again. Although it makes your skin look amazing, there are some major cons. For one, it's not long lasting at all it will make you look great for maybe a good 3 hours! And it transfers SO easily, it's actually quite embarrassing when you hug a guy and leave him with a nice big orangey makeup spot on his white shirt... There is a great color selection and I found my perfect match, but like I said it seemed to be different when I bought it again. Hope my review helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first picked up NARS sheer glow i was very excited to try it out as there has been a lot of hype about this product and especially with me having dry skin, 'glowy' foundations are a must! I was a little disappointed in this product as it is not that dewy at all... i has a semi-matte finish and my Revlon colorstay is MUCH dewier. However it is a nice foundation, long lasting and provides a good coverage... although definitely not worth £30

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DBiggs23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few weeks now. I must say I do like it a lot. I have had minor breakouts here and there but it could be from a vast amount of different products I have been using, it has cleared up now. It is expensive and I was disappointed with the fact there is no pump on the foundation : (. I would buy the product again because the overall quality is great! It provides full coverage with a nice glow!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I tried this foundation I had fairly clear skin, minor hormonal breakouts. After I wore this for about a week or so I broke out in terrible spots all over my cheeks and chin. It took about 6 months for my skin to clear up again. When I returned it I was told that this foundation would never be the cause of a breakout. I can't say for sure that this was the cause of my breakout but I'm certainly not willing to find out by ever trying it again : (

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora about a month or two ago because I wanted to try something different in place of my regular foundation, Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation. I also wanted something that would impart my face with a bit of a glow as my complexion can run a bit on the sallow side.

Having used this near-daily for about a month or so, I still really can't make up my mind about it. It certainly isn't the worst foundation I have ever tried, but it certainly isn't the greatest either. I really don't mind paying out the nose for something that works, but for something that gets lackluster result, um, not so much.

First off, there's the packaging which has been mentioned by other reviewers. Doing your makeup can be time consuming in the morning (especially if you're forever running late like me!), so I honestly don't understand why high-end brands like Nars do not provide a convenient, time saving pump for liquid foundation. Quite frankly it's a pain in the ass to have to use a Q-tip to dip into liquid foundation because odds are you're going to get too much. While I'm not overly conscience about the environment, I do find having to use a Q-tip for the sole purpose of smearing foundation on my face to be wasteful. I also find pour bottles without a pump that house ANY foundation unsanitary.

As for the foundation itself, it's kind of "meh" which is not a quality most people expect (or want) from makeup that costs $42. While it does provide decent coverage, it also tends to feel quite heavy on some days. My face runs on the drier side so I've never had to blot or worry about the dreaded shiny t-zone. However, on some (most) days, I find myself having to blot with a tissue because my face turns oily. The color is also a bit weird. While the color the SA at Sephora matched me with (Stromboli) is very close to my actual skin tone, the color changes a bit throughout the day. Sometimes I end up with the very obvious "she's wearing foundation one color off her real skin look " which is the exact opposite look I want to achieve. I've never had that problem with a foundation before so I'm at a loss as to why this one oxidizes on me. As for any problems with break outs, I have yet to experience any and I have terribly acne prone skin. The only time it broke me out was when I fell asleep with my makeup on which is, of course, entirely my fault.

Overall, I do not think I will repurchase Sheer Glow simply because there are other foundations out there that give a better final result that also come more conveniently packaged.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No