July 24, 2014 | 1951 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

A decent but annoying product as you will have to buy the pump separately. I use Fiji, which is a bit darker than my skin tone (yellow, shade between Mac NC15-20). The downside is that it accentuates dry patches, but that may be a good warning for me to moisturise more. It lasts all day when it's set with Chanel loose powder (20-clair), but not as good with Makeupforever microfinish HD powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by immasosexymx

I've always used my HG Relvon Colorstay foundation (normal/comination skin). The only thing I hate about Relvon Colorstay foundation is that it can feel a little heavy on my face. I wanted to try a foundation that is a little less heavy than my Relvon Colorstay. I did a little research and found that Nars Sheer Glow seemed to have a tons of good reviews + it's also light weight. Score! I gave in and brought Nars sheer Glow foundation at Sephora. When I first tried the foundation on my skin, I love how easily it can blend into my skin, it felt light weight on my skin..( I was matched with Fiji. Prefect shade for me!). However, in about a week into switching from my Relvon Colorstay foundation to Nars Sheer Glow foundation, I started to break out along my chin and cheeks ( Occasionally, I will break out during that time of month ). But I decided to keep using it because I love how light weight it was on my skin and the shade I was matched to was perfect! Weeks into using this foundation, I still get break outs and what's worse was that I started noticing my face would cake up ( I don't set my face with powder )! With this foundation breaking me up and caking up on me, I knew I had to returned it back to Sephora. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this is a good colour match on me (Siberia), everything else disappoints. From the name I wasn't expecting a matte finish but I don't glow as much as sparkle. This stuff basically makes me look like I've been frosted. It's so frosty it's embarrassing. It also has rotten staying power - it slides off my nose within about an hour. And the lid to the bottle doesn't shut tight which means that I can't even swap it because it would leak in transit. I also object, given the already high price, at having to pay extra for a pump dispenser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this liquid is so runny to start off with and also does not keep an oil at bay whatsoever. Coverage is light to medium and sets to a dewy finish. The only good thing I can say about this is the great yellow toned shades it offers. I have since gone back to my ELDW which is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Using my first high end foundation I thought this stuff would work amazing, that I would put this on and never see such a flawless face... But no. This didn't give me no amazing glow, or flawless look. I'm really disappointed. I wanted so badly to love a high end foundation considering they should do more than a drugstore foundation which I'm looking for...

However this is no better than my 10$ Maybelline Super Stay foundation. For this being 40$ I cannot see the justification in that by its performance.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I've struggled with skin issues from Lupus most of my life so I'd pay almost anything to get a product that helps the cause. I had high hopes for this "Sheer Glow" foundation since I've liked the quality of other Nars products. I found this difficult to blend as it dried very fast, covered poorly, and all it did was create breakouts in areas I never have any before. Very disappointed and won't shell out big bucks for this again. I've since discovered Maybelline "Instant Age Rewind" which is the best foundation I've ever used at any price ( plus- it's inexpensive!) .... and is impressing me more each day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by reidybee

This product doesn't do what it says on the tin for me. It does not go on completely matte, but it really doesn't glow either. It doesn't dry out the skin or cake, which is great, but we all want nars sheer glow to get that translucent glowy skin and it doesn't deliver on that I'm afraid! The good points are that the coverage is great and it glides on pretty easily on the skin. No streaks. However, the colour is a little orange. I have mixed race (white and black) skin and Barcelona was my closest match. But it definitely goes on a little orange which makes it really obvious that you have make up on. Not a natural look!

I will save this product for nighttime where the colour is not so obvious, but for during the day, I won't be going out with this stuff on my face as I prefer a natural make up look.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by oohwow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product - heck, I kept it around for five months in hopes of falling in love with it if I stuck with it for long enough! But it really wasn't working out for me. I bought Nars Sheer Glow during the winter months of last year, because I had relatively dry skin and I needed a foundation that would suit it. This foundation was not it. It ended up accentuating my pores, as well as my dry patches. It also just sat on top of my skin, and felt mask like (even when I used the littlest amount possible). I used SO many methods on applying this foundation: with my hands, with a sponge, with a damp sponge, with a regular foundation brush, with a stippling brush, etc.. Nothing worked, and it was also streaky on me (although that may have been b/c I didn't get the right color, I will never know...). Before buying this foundation, I spent 2 months yearning for it, and researching it. Honestly! To say it was a disappointment is an understatement, and especially since it was not a cheap foundation at all. Luckily I was able to return it, and got my money back. Overall, finding a "holy grail" foundation is going to be trial and error. No matter how many weeks you research about it online, it may still not be suitable for your skin just because. So I'm happy that I tried it, though I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation for me! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for my perfect fall/winter foundation for years now. I tried a sample of this almost a year ago and really liked it, but I convinced myself that there was a better foundation out there for me, so I continued my search. I tried pretty much everything from drugstore to high end, but there's nothing I love as much as this--so far. It's almost impossible for me to find a good color match in the winter as I'm a touch darker than NC20 (but not quite NC25) with olive-y/yellow undertones, but Ceylan is absolutely perfect. The formula of Sheer Glow is amazing for the colder months. It doesn't accentuate my drier spots and it can still hold up to the oiliness in my Tzone. And paired with my Smashbox this is my new HG fall/winter face routine. My usually dull skin looks radiant and so soft and natural, I can't get enough. The price is a little crazy at $42US and the packaging is terrible, but one bottle should last me through the winter and then I'll go back to my MUFE Mat Velvet when I start to get darker (and oilier). But love love love this for the winter and I'm so glad that I finally gave in and purchased it. But it does only get 4 lippies because unfortunately this foundation only lasts for about 5 or 6 hours on me. Fine for now since I'm a student and only in class (or going out) for a few hour at a time, but I couldn't wear this at a full-time job or at an all-day event. But other than that, it's lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by rdoshi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After searching for many years for a foundatioin I like, NARS foundation certainly does the job. It doesn't look caked at all and gives my skin a real glow. My only criticism is the packaging. The bottle gets dirty very easily and isn't portable. Other than that its fab!!!