October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jjms574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used almost all foundations in the drugstore and have tried department store brands such as Makeup Forever, Mac, Clinique, Shiseido, Laura Mercier and more but never have I loved a foundation as much as Sheer Glow. I wear it in Barcelona (mac shade NC 40-42). It matches so nicely and isn't as heavy or as yellow based as Mac's Studio Fix Fluid. $50 is a big price though. If I had the money, I'd buy it over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by breew0nderful

I've had this in my collection for almost a year, and I use it when I want to wear foundation. However, I feel as if it has very little staying power - something you definitely need in a foundation! I am NC/NW 15 in MAC and use Deauville. It blends well into the skin, but I do not get a "glow" like the name suggests. Will not repurchase, as I'm left unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by DaydreamXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear Barcelona(NC40). I like dewy and light coverage and Sheer Glow really suits me. It's expensive but is such a treat if you have relatively nice skin. I'd compare it to MAC Face and Body with a bit more coverage. As always I think NARS does sheer but buildable perfectly so this can be worn day or night.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i dont really get the hype around this product and why so many people love it for ?? i mean its an okay foundation, under no circumstances is it a bad one ! i just dont think its worth the amount of money !

i think i bought into the hype way to much over this product, so i was kind of expecting this awsome foundation that was going to make me look sooo amazing and perfect lol so when i got it and tried it i was just kind of like ... meh... its okay... its nice but not the most amazing product ive ever tried! overall i was disapointed ! i got it in santa fe! perfect match ! i just wasnt fussed on the actual product ! plus after like 3 - 4 hours i needed to touch up and my skin isnt even oily! this really bothered me ! if im paying £30 for a foundation i want at least 6-8 hours wear out it and i want it to look perfect even at the end ! another thing that bothered me is the lack of a pump ! ? so i had to buy a pump to ! so annoying :( but i think i would try this product again because i only wore it about 3 times and then just gave up on it and gave it to my sister, so i dont really think i give it a fair test ! but overall i would only recomend this to people with very dry to dry skin !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I was matched the color Fiji. I am NC25 SF and was matched the same day at MAC and NARS. The Fiji is less orangey, peachy, red then NC25 SF. It is a perfect match, too bad I don't like it very much. The name sheer glow is quite misleading. I definitely didn't get that 'glow' but a rather matte powdery finish with STREAKS! I've tried dry sponge, wet sponge, dry foundation brush, wet foundation brush, and stipling brush. It just streaks no matter how much I run my sponge or brush over my face. I never tried my fingers because I find it messy. Besides, for a $42 foundation, it should go on flawless regardless of application. NARS is owned by Shiseido, and they make some really good face products, so I was surprised by the quality of sheer glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this makeup in Sante Fe at Sephoria. Glad I didn't but the bottle. It did not make my dry skin glow. It looked heavy and unnatural. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. My undertones are neutral and I'm about NC/NW15-20. I was looking for a more neutral shade or even for a light and cool yellow shade. The MAC NC's are pretty warm and not natural at all, just like the NW's.
I ordered it online, so I wasn't that sure about the color I picked out. It's Deauville, which is a neutral color and I am so happy with the color match! It's a little too dark for my neck, so I purchased Siberia and I always blend this with the Deauville shade in my neck area.
I've never ever had a color like that before. I tried so many brands (MUFE, Chanel, Dior ..) but there are just no good neutral colors.

I love the finish. It really leaves a sheer glow on my skin. I have normal skin with some dry areas, so this claims to be perfect for my skin and it really is.

This foundation is not sheer at all. I prefer medium to full coverage and for me it is medium! I have redness on my cheecks and some parts seem really blue. The foundation covers it all and stays for about 6 hours.

I would especially recommend this, if you are looking for a perfect neutral/ cool yellow shade. This foundation is almost perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by shellbell85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is one of my HG foundation. I first purchased the NARS sheer matte. But i didn't like how it blended with a brush and it also looked cakey on. So I went back to sephora and exchanged it with the sheer glow, which by the way blends way better than the sheer matte. I love the finish it looks way natural than any other foundations i have. I guess because of the color i chose which is macao. For refernce im a MAC NC50.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never worn much foundation but now that I'm in my 40s, I realize I could seriously use the help to even out my skin tone. I have used mineral foundations on and off and really love Laura Mercier's but wanted to find a liquid foundation that might work on me and provide light coverage. I was matched perfectly at Sephora (and I never would have gotten it right on my own) - and really, this foundation works wonderfully. It doesn't really provide a "glow" like I had hoped but I have good highlighters for that anyway. I don't use it every day and don't think it's truly an HG for me, but I do love it and do think it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by daydreamatnight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i've used NARS sheer glow for a little over a year now. originally i was matched to barcelona, but when i went back to Sephora to get a new bottle i got matched to syracuse. The foundations I've used in the past are Make Up Forever HD foundation (shade 128), Bare minerals (golden medium), and Clinique's even better. This by far is the best choice if your looking for more coverage because it's buildable but doesn't leave you cakey. If you want the same glow effect with less coverage i recommend Clinques even better, and if you want a foundation that's more Matte with light coverage i recommend the MUFE HD.

Pros: Great coverage, does really good job of covering up acne scars, brightens complection, buildable coverage

Cons: Bottle doesn't have a pump, $42.00