Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 5/11/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OK everybody in the world is "knocking" these off - why pay the Lancome price? I'm pretty happy with my Rimmel & Loreal versions....just my opinion.
KA

on 5/11/2006 3:51:00 AM

juicy tubes are great! i have the limited edition one in 'le lutin' (blue colour), my lips are always peeling and getting dry but using this helps. the packaging is fine, what i do is squeeze out a little blob in the middle, and then smooth it out to the rest of my lip. i've never had any messes. stila's lip glaze is great too but more trickier/messier.

on 5/10/2006 12:30:00 AM

I own the Raspberry Ice scent/flavour/colour of this and while I do love it so much when I put it on... i'll admit it's not the best. the colour is fantastic (a medium pink with gold shimmer), i love the scent and taste (nothing sucks more than a lip gloss with a nasty taste) but it doesnt last very long, and boy does my hair ever stick to my lips. I do love the cooling tingly effect i get when i first put it on. i'll most probably buy again once i run out just because i'm a sucker for buying fun lip glosses like this, even if they are $24 CAD @ my local Shoppers Drugmart here in Canada. I owned a small 'free gift' size in the grapefruit scent/flavour. very pale pink without any shimmer, and the flavour is great.

on 5/4/2006 10:15:00 AM

Hi! I love these glosses! I love all the colors and I love everything about these...a little pricey but worth every penney!

on 5/1/2006 12:56:00 PM

Very pretty wearable colors, but way too expensive considering you have to reapply often. Plus they are more tacky than other brands. Try Philosophy's lip glosses as a better alternative for the 'wet' look. I am using Melon Daquiri and I love it! Lemon Custard is also wonderful. You can get them at Sephora or philosophy.com for $10.

on 4/30/2006 10:12:00 PM

It's a mystery to me how Juicy Tubes have achieved such cult status. Granted the colours are pretty, and they do give a nice gloss to the lips (albeit momentary!) but there are so many more disadvantages than advantages.

First off, the packaging, though funky, is awful to use. The bit you swipe across your mouth gets really gunky and filthy. It doesn't apply the product as accurately as a brush, so there's lots of lip smacking to spread the colour evenly. When you squeeze, miles more comes out than you need. The technology is eons behind the click-and-twist pen dispensers used by Stila and Ruby and Millie.

Next, the product lasts no time at all. This is a common feature of lip glosses but Juicy Tubes seems to be one of the worst.

Finally, the product is excessively sticky - a hair magnet that's totally impractical to wear. Toni and Tina made a non-sticky lipgloss (Aura Lights) so it is possible to do.

JT look pretty in sets and are nice if received as gifts, but are not really something you'd want to spend your own hard-earned cash on.

on 4/29/2006 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with nicesmile. However, the Tubes come in some lovely colors. But they usually dry out my lips, and make them peel.

on 4/28/2006 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is highly over-rated...

A lovely lipgloss range I'll keep on repurchasing. They have excellent texture, strong shine (not glimmery though), some are opalescent. They also smell like a million bucks. On the lips the colour usually fades from what it looks like in the tube (which makes some shades great for nude lips). If you want extra colour, you can use it over lips filled with an appropriate shade of lip contour crayon, it looks amazing! At first it feels sticky, but in 5 minutes the stickiness disappears as the product settle down on lips. It has excellent staying power for a lipgloss, the tube is quite large and will last long, the applicator is easy to use and control. Definitely a product I'll keep on buying, it has great quality and is versatile (applied straight on lips, over lip contour filled lips, over lipstick...).

on 4/24/2006 6:08:00 PM

its too sticky and my lips feel gross.

Recommended for Medium Skin