April 18, 2014 | 1938 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Painterly Paint Pot, oh how I love you. I wish I had discovered this little gem years ago. I have oily eye lids and have pretty good luck with UDPP. Primer plus Painterly, or just Painterly on it's own make my shadows stick for hours with very little creasing. It's a perfect match for my skin. It feels soft going on and blends easily, and shadows glide over it smoothly.I truly thought with my oily lids that I could never wear cream shadows but this one is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I don't know how I did makeup before I found this product! I use this every single day under my eyeshadow. The tone matches my skin very well, so if I do a very light layer and use no shadow at all, but put on some mascara, this really brightens up my eyes. Makes my lids look smooth and more even toned.
The real purpose of this is to give the skin more texture to hold onto eyeshadow, and works just as it is meant to. My eyelids fold back completely, and don't even show when my eyes are open, so my biggest problem? Creasing. Fixed. I can wear eyeshadow 3-4x longer looking like new, now that I have found this product. Very pleasing. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

I got this because UDPP wasn't cutting it for me anymore and making shimmery e/s look frosty. This makes shimmery e/s look shimmery and exactly the way they look in the pan. Makes my shadows look smooth and last all day long. No creasing or fading. I don't even use my UDPP anymore. This is all I need! You get so much product and I know the pot will last me a long time, cause a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this everyday. Alone or as a Base to Eyeshadow. Covers up my veiny lids in a non-cakey way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

O.M.G. This is IT! I've been completely loyal and faithful to my Lumene primer for the past year and a half, it was the first make-up I put on my face every single day. Well, Painterly Paint Pot is a whole other level of awesomeness. Out of all the primers I've tried (Lumene, TFSI, UDPP), nothing else works as well or as consistently in preventing creasing and fading of eyeshadow. I have now switched over to this pretty much exclusively. If you're not totally happy with your primer, give paint pots a try. The other primers I've tried have all done a commendable job, but none of them worked every single day with every single shadow like Painterly PP does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by shaynamae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like the color and texture of the painterly paint pot and it does help prevent my eyeshadows from creasing. The color seems to perfectly match my skintone and makes my eyes look open and bright.I do like this on its own as well with a winged out eyeliner and more dramatic lip. I would like to continue trying new things but wouldn't mind using this again in future and would recommend to others. Its that perfect shade that won't interfere with shadow color and will make your eyes pop!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by starrinites

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about six months now. I do not agree with most people here. I do not think that this product prevents creasing for people with oily lids. This paint pot was harder to blend and it can look very cakey and heavy on the lids. I also own bare study paint pot and that one glides on much better. I even had high hopes for this product, but I will not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by clandis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great eyeshadow base. My shadows last and stay in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by latinabeautyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEE Painterly Paint Pot! this is such a good product i use this as an eyeprimer under my eyeshadows and it makes my eyeshadow last alll day long. What i like is that it makes sure that my eyeshadows do not crease! Excellent eyeprimer it easily blends, it holds any eyeshadow well, and i love that the color is almost universal ! you dont see it any way, but i absolutely adore this product . I would Definitelly 100% buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I can't believe I've been using Painterly paint pot every day for more than a year and I haven't properly reviewed it! This is one of my must-haves from MAC. It's a slightly cool-toned neutral beige shadow that just blends effortlessly into my NW20 skintone. I use this just by itself sometimes for a more awake, put-together look. Painterly, mascara, and lipgloss. I also use it as a base and get great color payoff and staying power from my shadows. It doesn't crease on me, and it seems pretty sweat-proof. I'm really impressed with the paint pot formula. I was at first a bit worried about bacteria on my fingers getting into the pot repeatedly as I used it with my fingers, but a good stiff brush like the MAC 242 or 252 quickly solved that problem for me. Will repurchase again and again!