December 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

For the last 4 years, I've lived in an area with no Sephora, so I have to do all my ordering online. I've wanted to try this foundation for ages, but since I couldn't try it on in real life, and the colors appear to be randomly numbered, I was afraid to order it. I got some good color swatches off the makeup board and decided to order shade 2 (I'm MAC NW25 for reference). When the foundation arrived, it appeared to be a tiny bit too pale and a tiny bit too pink. I loved the coverage, though. On me it's medium coverage with a dewy finish. No breakouts thus far (it's been a week). I was thinking I needed to send back shade 2 and try 32, but I decided to use my BeneFit Hoola over the top, and it looks amazing. I'm going to keep shade 2 and use bronzer during the summer. It will be a good fall and winter match. Another plus of this foundation is that it really lasts! I love it and wish I hadn't taken so long to order it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by m2deedeelicious

I ♥ THIS!!! gawsh i dont even know where to begin. I was in love with MUFE HD until i met F&B... i prefer F&B because it feels like I HAVE NO MAKEUP ON! #32 is a dead on match for me so even if i don't blend... u cant tell i have foundation on (not that i would ever not blend my foundation). coverage is nice. medium but buildable. Thankfully, I only recently got into foundations so I didn't go through too much before I came across this one. I've got a good match on a few different brands, but i'm seriously considering getting rid of the rest :-). YES, IT'S THAT SERIOUS. I think my MUFE HD is feeling left out so I like to use that on days where I know I'll possibly break a sweat because its a heavier coverage so it will stay a bit longer. BUT i'm in no way saying that the staying power of F&B is any less. F&B is gonna be PERFECT for the summer because it's light, slightly dewy & hardly noticeable. I'd say give it a try. The texture is also GREAT! It feels a bit watery and cool to the touch which is what I think makes it feel so light. Next time ur @ sephora, ask the SA for a sample!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by bakingchicka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation...but it just didn't do it for me. I have oily skin and this def made me crazy oily. I'm Latina, dark olive skin...and couldn't a good color match. Also, I wasn't a fan of the coverage. I was just looking for medium coverage, but this didn't really cover anything, or even out my skin.

It also smells funny...which totally freaked me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by poeticrevenge

The pros are that this foundation went on smoothly, has a very buildable coverage and the Camel shade matched my skintone perfectly. The major Con was that it caused me to breakout with deep cystic acne. I realized this after I bought it that the first ingredient is mineral oil. Its too bad because I only used it once and now its wasted :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora, i've tried it once so far. I used it on my face and a little on my neck. The color was too dark on me, this product doesn't have a good color selection, especially for yellow undertones, like mine. I have oily skin so this foundation was a little too shiny/dewy for me, but the coverage was light but buildible, and felt nice on my skin. The texture is kind of weird at first but it settles onto the skin nicely. If my skin was not as oily as it is, I would definitely buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I love, Love, LOVE this stuff! My T-Zone is so oily, I cannot wear drugstore cosmetics. Covergirl, Revlon, Almay, Lo`real, even Neutrogena would wear off or fade in some parts of my face leaving an uneven and patchy look. It would also gunk up in the corners or my eyes and nose. I actually quit wearing foundation because of it. Unfortunatly, as Im aging, Im finding little lines screaming out to me every morning in my mirror. Time for more makeup. My search was long, tedious and time consuming. After countless online reviews, and even a few youtube video reviews, I decided to go with this one. I got mine for around forty one thirty three for a one oz bottle. They had many, many colors to chose from. Normally being a warm beige this or that, I found in this brand I am an alabaster beige. It goes on so light and weightless. Which is an important factor in my foundations. I cant stand having that "makeup" feel on my face. It controls my oily T-Zone and leaves my Entire face and complexion look even and Flawless all day long. Even after a hefty sweat session and wiping my face, it stayed on and looked as it did when I put it on in the morning. Made to withstand the heat and perspiration of being in the spotlight. This is well worth the money and I highly recommend it if you have oily, combination or just Problem skin in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by poetry__obscene

I have tried well over 50 foundations and this is the only one that works for me. The consistency is hard to explain, it's almost like a watery gel. It does not highlight texture. My face has a a lot of texture and I often have blemishes, other foundations always highlighted that but this one does not.

I don't care for the bottle though. It's hard to get the product out without a bunch of it pouring out all at once. I think it would be better if it came with a pump. I also wish they had more colors. My skin is on light side and I have cool undertones and they don't really make a color that matches it. I have to mix two colors together.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by darcho

I love this foundation. It's so sheer and light but at the same time mat and long lasting. It does not look cakey but it covers my flaws. It feels like I’m not wearing anything.

I actually bought it for my wedding and I have been using it ever since (almost 1 year). I don't use a lot of foundations and I hate the thick, heavy cream foundations. They always make my even fine lines look like deep wrinkles especially when I smile. This is why I am not a big fan of the concealers too. Good that I can use MUFE foundation for everything - covering blemishes, under eyes, on the eye lids. On though spots I reapply and dub a couple of times. I also use the foundation from the edges of the jar or from the cap where it seems to be more concentrated.
I apply it with a brush or with a sponge. I think the lightest application is when I use my fingers and then blend it with the sponge. It is really nice and it makes my skin luminous, dewy and almost flawless.
I sometimes mix it with sunscreen for protection or withe some moisturizer when my skin is dry. This is maybe the only negative about this product that it does not contain SPF. It's still alright even if I need to layer a couple of products because it's really light.
It is a little bit expensive but I'll definetely repurchase it. It would have been a lot better if it comes in a pump bottle. (maybe I can try to find a matching pump for this jar)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the past couple of months, I've been testing three foundations: this one, MAC Face and Body foundation, and Dior AirFlash. I've had the best results with Make Up For Ever 's Face & Body. I have oily skin with a few acne scar blemishes, and very large pores and this foundation has been the best at covering up all the blemishes, evening out my skin tone while making my face look dewy and not dull but not shiny and oily looking either. I usually apply this foundation in the morning and my face looks flawless all day. This foundation gives medium - full coverage, yet looks and feels natural and not at all cakey. I get so many compliments on my skin from co-workers and customers and when I tell them I'm wearing foundation, they dont believe me and want to know what foundation I'm wearing.
Definitely, my HG foundation.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by incognito1369

I love how this foundation makes my skin 'glow' in a good way but it is way too sheer. It does not even slightly cover my acne marks. I might as well not use any foundation at all. To make things worse the SA matched me to the wrong shade and I ended up looking like a ghost since the shade was too light. However, it did not make me oily or cause breakouts. This foundation is probably good for those looking for an extremely sheer to no coverage. HTH.