October 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by bakingchicka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation...but it just didn't do it for me. I have oily skin and this def made me crazy oily. I'm Latina, dark olive skin...and couldn't a good color match. Also, I wasn't a fan of the coverage. I was just looking for medium coverage, but this didn't really cover anything, or even out my skin.

It also smells funny...which totally freaked me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by poeticrevenge

The pros are that this foundation went on smoothly, has a very buildable coverage and the Camel shade matched my skintone perfectly. The major Con was that it caused me to breakout with deep cystic acne. I realized this after I bought it that the first ingredient is mineral oil. Its too bad because I only used it once and now its wasted :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Markee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora, i've tried it once so far. I used it on my face and a little on my neck. The color was too dark on me, this product doesn't have a good color selection, especially for yellow undertones, like mine. I have oily skin so this foundation was a little too shiny/dewy for me, but the coverage was light but buildible, and felt nice on my skin. The texture is kind of weird at first but it settles onto the skin nicely. If my skin was not as oily as it is, I would definitely buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I love, Love, LOVE this stuff! My T-Zone is so oily, I cannot wear drugstore cosmetics. Covergirl, Revlon, Almay, Lo`real, even Neutrogena would wear off or fade in some parts of my face leaving an uneven and patchy look. It would also gunk up in the corners or my eyes and nose. I actually quit wearing foundation because of it. Unfortunatly, as Im aging, Im finding little lines screaming out to me every morning in my mirror. Time for more makeup. My search was long, tedious and time consuming. After countless online reviews, and even a few youtube video reviews, I decided to go with this one. I got mine for around forty one thirty three for a one oz bottle. They had many, many colors to chose from. Normally being a warm beige this or that, I found in this brand I am an alabaster beige. It goes on so light and weightless. Which is an important factor in my foundations. I cant stand having that "makeup" feel on my face. It controls my oily T-Zone and leaves my Entire face and complexion look even and Flawless all day long. Even after a hefty sweat session and wiping my face, it stayed on and looked as it did when I put it on in the morning. Made to withstand the heat and perspiration of being in the spotlight. This is well worth the money and I highly recommend it if you have oily, combination or just Problem skin in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by poetry__obscene

I have tried well over 50 foundations and this is the only one that works for me. The consistency is hard to explain, it's almost like a watery gel. It does not highlight texture. My face has a a lot of texture and I often have blemishes, other foundations always highlighted that but this one does not.

I don't care for the bottle though. It's hard to get the product out without a bunch of it pouring out all at once. I think it would be better if it came with a pump. I also wish they had more colors. My skin is on light side and I have cool undertones and they don't really make a color that matches it. I have to mix two colors together.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by darcho

I love this foundation. It's so sheer and light but at the same time mat and long lasting. It does not look cakey but it covers my flaws. It feels like I’m not wearing anything.

I actually bought it for my wedding and I have been using it ever since (almost 1 year). I don't use a lot of foundations and I hate the thick, heavy cream foundations. They always make my even fine lines look like deep wrinkles especially when I smile. This is why I am not a big fan of the concealers too. Good that I can use MUFE foundation for everything - covering blemishes, under eyes, on the eye lids. On though spots I reapply and dub a couple of times. I also use the foundation from the edges of the jar or from the cap where it seems to be more concentrated.
I apply it with a brush or with a sponge. I think the lightest application is when I use my fingers and then blend it with the sponge. It is really nice and it makes my skin luminous, dewy and almost flawless.
I sometimes mix it with sunscreen for protection or withe some moisturizer when my skin is dry. This is maybe the only negative about this product that it does not contain SPF. It's still alright even if I need to layer a couple of products because it's really light.
It is a little bit expensive but I'll definetely repurchase it. It would have been a lot better if it comes in a pump bottle. (maybe I can try to find a matching pump for this jar)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the past couple of months, I've been testing three foundations: this one, MAC Face and Body foundation, and Dior AirFlash. I've had the best results with Make Up For Ever 's Face & Body. I have oily skin with a few acne scar blemishes, and very large pores and this foundation has been the best at covering up all the blemishes, evening out my skin tone while making my face look dewy and not dull but not shiny and oily looking either. I usually apply this foundation in the morning and my face looks flawless all day. This foundation gives medium - full coverage, yet looks and feels natural and not at all cakey. I get so many compliments on my skin from co-workers and customers and when I tell them I'm wearing foundation, they dont believe me and want to know what foundation I'm wearing.
Definitely, my HG foundation.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by incognito1369

I love how this foundation makes my skin 'glow' in a good way but it is way too sheer. It does not even slightly cover my acne marks. I might as well not use any foundation at all. To make things worse the SA matched me to the wrong shade and I ended up looking like a ghost since the shade was too light. However, it did not make me oily or cause breakouts. This foundation is probably good for those looking for an extremely sheer to no coverage. HTH.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

pros: sheer, blendable, makes skin look dewy
cons: mild coverage, doesn't seem to last all day, price, packaging
Okay, after reading all the reviews here in MUA, I expected this to be my HG foundation. I was using L'oreal prior to this which I like, not love though so I was ready to purchase one which I would love forever. I choose this because of the reviews and since I thought its great for face and body it would have great coverage. Plus, its pretty expensive and unfortunately I'm one of those people who like to think that with a steep price comes quality. Anyway, upon first application I noticed that the product is very sheer, with my previous foundation, my dark circles would be moderately covered and my acne scars almost invisible, but with this, I had to put in 3 or 4 layers to cover it. To its credit though, it never looks piled up or cakey although one time I used this during a particularly hot and humid day and as I checked my reflection, I can definitely tell that I'm wearing foundation, definite no-no. But any other time it looks natural, even dewy and fresh during its earlier hours. Unfortunately, I wouldn't repurchase this because (1) I had high hopes (2) product is expensive!. I considered returning this but I waited a little longer, I'm stuck with it as I look completely horrendous with my extra dark circles. For now, I'm off to finding a new and more suitable foundation for my skin problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, I really wanted this foundation to be my HG. I have to admit, it's pretty great; the best foundation I've ever used, honestly, but it's not perfect. I have very oily skin, and I was a bit hesitant to try a product for my face that contained mineral oil, but it doesn't make my face any shinier or break me out. It actually improved the condition of my skin by making it softer and smoother. It is also one of the best color matches I've had. I use the shade 20, and it blends in with my fair, yet golden, skin tone. Application is easy for me. I can use a foundation brush, a wedge, or my fingers to get even, light coverage. It seems to last all day and not rub off, especially when I use Smashbox Light Primer underneath.

So why not give this product 5 lippies? Well, I really wish it offered more coverage. Even if I put three layers on my chiin, it doesn't hide my mild acne scars. I have to use a concealer, too. Other liquid foundations covered my mild scars without concealer. Also, it seems restrictively expensive. I recommended this product to some friends, who all balked at spending almost $40 on foundation. At least one bottle manages to last a few months.