Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 6/10/2009 8:44:00 PM

I've changed my review on this after using for a month. I do love this foundation but the coverage is not enough for my skin and it does not stay on all day. I have fair skin with light freckles and I've been using my old foundation underneath for more coverage.

I even tried layering it on - and you can do this as it does not skin into lines however I still don't think it gives the perfect look I am after - and my other foundation (from a makeup academy) gives better coverage.

If you have really good skin then I think you can't go past this foundation. I tried 3 different shades and the ivory was closest to my skin colour - I wanted it to work so badly but will try the makeup forever with more coverage.

I love this foundation it looks really nice on when my face is clear but if it is broken out it does not cover the cover is light.

on 5/15/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin ref: as NC40 I wear 34. I have dehydrated yet very oily skin, extra large pores. Minor SD causes a great deal of redness.

Overview: F&B is awesome.

Pros: I use only one layer over my entire face. It evens out texture, discoloration, but most importantly, redness like no other foundation I've ever used (no need for green primer). It makes my pores seem smaller which is quite an amazing feat. The finish is an unbelievably believable natural skin finish. Not matte, not shimmery, but healthy skin! The shades do not have to be a perfect match for it to look like your skin due to...well I don't know. MUFE magic I guess. As for the scent... I like it. It just makes me think "classic make up" scent haha.

Cons: it does accentuate some dry spots, but that can be remedied by exfoliating. I find it to be more forgiving about dry spots than the average foundation, though. Although it can be layered endlessly and still look natural, it takes a while to fully dry. The very thin liquidy texture makes it a bit difficult to blend so I pat some over my entire face wait a few seconds then start to blend. It takes a ton of shaking to turn it from globs to liquid and if you need more from the bottle, you need to recap and shake again. It's also easy to spill too much :( I moved it to an empty bb jar that I had recently finished and and it's easier now. the numbering system to figure out your color is just wonky. Getting an SA to colormatch you or using the shadefinder on sephora helps quite a bit.
When you do find some shades that are close, apply them and wait. Once it dries you can see what the color will be

Routine: moisturizer, foundation, mac blot powder. The smoother the area of the skin, the thinner the layer since it becomes difficult to absorb. My face gets oily throughout the day so I blot.

I heart F&B so much. I've gotten no breakouts from using this. I'm thinking this is my HG liquid foundation.

continue for before/after pics (warning: gross skin ahead)

continued >>

on 5/11/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

it went from bad to great to bad again. my face looked like an oily skillet after an hour. it kind of makes you look sweaty but in a good way. #32 is too light, #34 is way to orange dark like drugstore honey beige usually looks.

on 5/10/2009 10:51:00 PM

This is my official foundation. I used to buy the mega sizes before they were discontinued over here (they said that the glass jar packaging had a problem with breaking during shipping----don't know if I believe that since ALL of their foundations are glass jar packaging!!! I think that maybe it was too good of a deal for them: the large jar gave you about 3 1/2 times the amount for only double the price of the regular jar!!). I use the very popular N20 (I believe it's called), my skin being fair with warm/golden undertones. Whenever I wore this people thought I wasn't wearing anything at all (even while it was covering minor skin-discolorations and spots), and thought I was ill when I didn't wear it! Looks very natural and brings out your natural beauty. The accompanying concealer pallette also compliments this perfectly as it melts into the foundation. The foundation is a silicon-base, so it comes out of the jar very blobbly, but smooths on the skin like a dream: very sheer with good coverage (for heavier coverage, just apply in thin layers after allowing each to dry until you reach desired coverage). If ever it looks a little too dark, I find the white tint in the Translucent powder is a good offset to bring it back to a lighter finish. (There is an issue with using the same color of powder with it, though: too many layers/touch ups will definitely darken your complexion as the days go on, so oil-blotting papers and very thin powdering is recommended.).

on 5/7/2009 4:48:00 PM

For the last 4 years, I've lived in an area with no Sephora, so I have to do all my ordering online. I've wanted to try this foundation for ages, but since I couldn't try it on in real life, and the colors appear to be randomly numbered, I was afraid to order it. I got some good color swatches off the makeup board and decided to order shade 2 (I'm MAC NW25 for reference). When the foundation arrived, it appeared to be a tiny bit too pale and a tiny bit too pink. I loved the coverage, though. On me it's medium coverage with a dewy finish. No breakouts thus far (it's been a week). I was thinking I needed to send back shade 2 and try 32, but I decided to use my BeneFit Hoola over the top, and it looks amazing. I'm going to keep shade 2 and use bronzer during the summer. It will be a good fall and winter match. Another plus of this foundation is that it really lasts! I love it and wish I hadn't taken so long to order it!

I ♥ THIS!!! gawsh i dont even know where to begin. I was in love with MUFE HD until i met F&B... i prefer F&B because it feels like I HAVE NO MAKEUP ON! #32 is a dead on match for me so even if i don't blend... u cant tell i have foundation on (not that i would ever not blend my foundation). coverage is nice. medium but buildable. Thankfully, I only recently got into foundations so I didn't go through too much before I came across this one. I've got a good match on a few different brands, but i'm seriously considering getting rid of the rest :-). YES, IT'S THAT SERIOUS. I think my MUFE HD is feeling left out so I like to use that on days where I know I'll possibly break a sweat because its a heavier coverage so it will stay a bit longer. BUT i'm in no way saying that the staying power of F&B is any less. F&B is gonna be PERFECT for the summer because it's light, slightly dewy & hardly noticeable. I'd say give it a try. The texture is also GREAT! It feels a bit watery and cool to the touch which is what I think makes it feel so light. Next time ur @ sephora, ask the SA for a sample!

on 5/5/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation...but it just didn't do it for me. I have oily skin and this def made me crazy oily. I'm Latina, dark olive skin...and couldn't a good color match. Also, I wasn't a fan of the coverage. I was just looking for medium coverage, but this didn't really cover anything, or even out my skin.

It also smells funny...which totally freaked me out.

The pros are that this foundation went on smoothly, has a very buildable coverage and the Camel shade matched my skintone perfectly. The major Con was that it caused me to breakout with deep cystic acne. I realized this after I bought it that the first ingredient is mineral oil. Its too bad because I only used it once and now its wasted :(

on 5/3/2009 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora, i've tried it once so far. I used it on my face and a little on my neck. The color was too dark on me, this product doesn't have a good color selection, especially for yellow undertones, like mine. I have oily skin so this foundation was a little too shiny/dewy for me, but the coverage was light but buildible, and felt nice on my skin. The texture is kind of weird at first but it settles onto the skin nicely. If my skin was not as oily as it is, I would definitely buy this product.