April 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sparklemotion

1 lipstick off for limited colour selection. I have this in Tender Rose, and it is a tad too dark, but I think I can get away with it. (BE Fair, MAC NW20 for reference).

This has hands down the BEST coverage out of all the MMUs I have tried (which is a lot!). Slight sheen, but not overly shiny. And of course, the packaging is genius.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JaneD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. This was cakey and orange on my face. Unfortunately they only have 5 shades, so it got returned. Too bad for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Susan1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product overall. I only use makeup when I go out to a special event or dinner. It didn't seem to have as good as coverage as my BE. Also it had slightly less value as the BE starter kits are priced so well. I will keep using this perhaps in conjuction w/ BE as I really love BE's transluent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by maxey_d

I have spent tons of money on different MMU (BE, Colorscience, Neutrogena, Jane Iredale, etc.) hoping that it'll help me. I don't have a huge problem when it comes to pimples, however, I have a lot of problems with blackheads. Make-up tends to clog up my skin very bad. MY blackheads always come back. After using LM MMU for about a month now, I noticed that my blackheads are more under control. Also, it was amazing how people were noticing my make up. The first day about 3 people came up to me at work and complimented me on how nice I look. It is a wonderful MMU. I also agree that the nice part is that it doesn't itch. Highly Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I wanted this to work, I just do not have good luck with MMU. I have tried a lot of them. This was too shiny on me. The shine was more than a glow, it was just plain shiny and it made my pores look large and oily. Did not make me itch like some others do, that I can give it but I had to returned it. I give it two lippies for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hol_eliz

For anybody who prefers powders to liquid foundations, this one is a great product! I'm personally a liquid foundation kinda girl, but I have to admit of those lazy days this product is quick easy and gives great coverage! If you're dry like me, just be sure to moisturize first or it will look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JFelt10

I love this mineral foundation! I've numerous MMU's BE, JI, Glo, I think this is the best by far. The coverage lasts all day, and I only require minimal touch ups. Definatley a re-purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 3 weeks of test driving this foundaiton, I can say that I've finally found my HOLY GRAIL foundation!!! I love the concept of mineral powder foundation since I hate putting liquid goo foundation on my skin first thing in the morning. Mineral foundations are so easy and quick to buff on in the morning and take very little skill. After trying several mineral m/u brands, I was unable to find anything that didn't make my skin itchy or shiny looking within a few hours of wear. This is COMPLETELY different. It holds up throughout the day and I only have to blot a couple times with blotting tissue to keep it looking fresh. In addition, the coverage is buildable and it really does a PHENOMENAL job of covering old acne marks/dark spots. No itchiness either! I have NC35 combo skin and have found a great match in Rich Vanilla although I do wish it had a little more yellow/gold tones in it. Still, I LOVE THIS STUFF and will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by cwendt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several other mineral powder foundations ( Bare Minerals, Glo Minerals, Neutrogena, Mac and Philosophy). All of those looked greasy within 10-20 minutes; turned orange; and worst of all accentuated every pore on my face.

Laura Mercier's is completely different. This has been amazing so far. I have been using it for 8 days now and my face has looked great. It looks smooth, non-oily and there is no discoloration or porousness.

I do have to apply blot powder around 1 or 2 pm each day, but I have had to do that with every foundation I have ever worn including powder foundations such as Studio Fix.

For reference, I have a very oily complexion.

It would be nice though, if LM comes out with a pressed powder formulation in the future. I like to have something portable for those spontaneous late day touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by JoanRe101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been intrigued by mineral foundations for some time. I saw the BE infomercials and felt that I might really be missing out on something. I decided to try the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder instead of the Bare Minerals because of good past experience with Laura Mercier's liquid foundations. (Also, banner ads for the LM Mineral Powder are all over the internet.)

I had some trepidation, though, because I have dry skin and wondered if powdered foundation in any form might not be for me.

When the SA tried the Mineral Powder on me, it looked like I was wearing no foundation, and had "cleaner," more radiant skin than I actually have.

After having used the Mineral Powder for a few weeks now, I have been very pleased, enough so that my liquid foundations have fallen by the wayside. I haven't experienced any cakeyness (my pet peeve,) and it doesn't feel heavy or like I am wearing a ton of makeup. Also, I notice that my skin is baby soft these days. I have no idea if it's because of the Mineral Powder or not; but I haven't changed my skin care regine, so it's possible.

As pointed out earlier, the shade selection for the Mineral Powder is very limited at this time. (Hopefully they will be adding some shades as time goes on.) If one of the existing shades does suit you, the Mineral Powder is well worth trying.