July 24, 2014 | 955 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, so good on this Mineral foundation. I've been using Everyday Minerals but that broke me out and made me itch a bit. $30 or $35 isn't cheap, but I haven't been "forced" to buy a separate concealer, finishing powder, etc. etc. for this!
Lasts well on me; no foundation has ever been terribly long-lasting for me but LM is the front-runner. I've slept in it twice and definitely still had it on in the morning!
1 lipstick off due to color selection. I wear the lightest and it's *barely* light enough for me.
EDIT: Wanted to add that for the multiple times I've slept in this, I have never had a related breakout from it. That alone makes it a Holy Grail item for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

First off, I LOVE the container! I am going to reuse it for my other mineral foundations. It's a great container for travel and prevents your MMU from spilling out over everything. Ok, as for the foundation itself, I don't hate it but I don't love it either. My sensitive skin had no problems with it with regards to itching or irritation but I didn't really see anything extraordinary with regards to the texture, finish, oil-control etc. I found the finish to be kind of semi-matte, it's not shiny like BE but I didn't see any really "luminosity" to it either. It was just 'eh. It was ok for oil control and I did find the color to turn darker on me as the day wore on (I bought the Rich Vanilla). It was finely milled but then so are all the other MMU brands I have in my stash. For the price and the amount you get, there are better MMU out there (I like Barefacedminerals, Pure Luxe). The container is fabulous though!

Updated: This is a great finishing powder so I've been using it over cream foundations to set it. It works great this way! So am changing my rating from 3 lippie to 4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried several mmu's in the past 5 years since I've been on this mineral foundation kick. I even worked once at a BE boutique but hands down Laura Mercier is my favorite thus far. The coverage is fantastic, you don't have to swirl tap and buff (lol)..it blends in so much more easier than other brands of mineral foundation. The lasting power is great..you don't need to wear a finishing powder ( I do anyways for shine) like the other brands get you trapped into buying. It's one lipstick off (just like a previous review I read) because there are minimal shades. I'm using Real Sand, which is perfect in the spring/summer months but a little too dark in the winter. (for reference I used to wear BE fairly light in the winter and med. beige in the summer). One of the best parts though is the packaging. It has a turn dial to open and close the holes. Pure Genius!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by audge723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I really like this.( 3rd day using it) I am using Real sand. i have fair skin with pink undertones , but the bloomies MA told me not to get tender rose bec it will make me look more pink toned. I use my LM bronzer brush bec I was too cheap to buy the blending brush. It works well . So far not much shininess and i have oily skin. its much easier than puting on Tinted moisterizer . So far , I would buy it again. nice packaging too.

update*****I am using this now for about a month and I really love it. It is so easy to use and my skin doesnt get any more oily than it did with my TM. I havent been breaking out from it either. I highly recommend buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sparklemotion

1 lipstick off for limited colour selection. I have this in Tender Rose, and it is a tad too dark, but I think I can get away with it. (BE Fair, MAC NW20 for reference).

This has hands down the BEST coverage out of all the MMUs I have tried (which is a lot!). Slight sheen, but not overly shiny. And of course, the packaging is genius.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by JaneD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. This was cakey and orange on my face. Unfortunately they only have 5 shades, so it got returned. Too bad for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Susan1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product overall. I only use makeup when I go out to a special event or dinner. It didn't seem to have as good as coverage as my BE. Also it had slightly less value as the BE starter kits are priced so well. I will keep using this perhaps in conjuction w/ BE as I really love BE's transluent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by maxey_d

I have spent tons of money on different MMU (BE, Colorscience, Neutrogena, Jane Iredale, etc.) hoping that it'll help me. I don't have a huge problem when it comes to pimples, however, I have a lot of problems with blackheads. Make-up tends to clog up my skin very bad. MY blackheads always come back. After using LM MMU for about a month now, I noticed that my blackheads are more under control. Also, it was amazing how people were noticing my make up. The first day about 3 people came up to me at work and complimented me on how nice I look. It is a wonderful MMU. I also agree that the nice part is that it doesn't itch. Highly Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I wanted this to work, I just do not have good luck with MMU. I have tried a lot of them. This was too shiny on me. The shine was more than a glow, it was just plain shiny and it made my pores look large and oily. Did not make me itch like some others do, that I can give it but I had to returned it. I give it two lippies for packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hol_eliz

For anybody who prefers powders to liquid foundations, this one is a great product! I'm personally a liquid foundation kinda girl, but I have to admit of those lazy days this product is quick easy and gives great coverage! If you're dry like me, just be sure to moisturize first or it will look cakey.