September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom bought this for me a year ago while trying to convince me that liquid foundation wasn't all that great for my skin. I refused to use it because I'm incredibly stubborn. I started getting into the whole BE hype and ordered tons of samples, along with full sized ones. BE had an unnatural kind of shine to it, and not very good staying power. If I started to sweat, or my face got oily, the foundation sort of..melted. I also found it too mask-like. It wasn't a good look, but I was convinced BE had to be the best there was since everyone was so in love with it. I was running low on BE and decided to sweep some of the Physicians Formula on my face and WOW. The color wasn't perfect (little bit yellowy for my very fair skin), but the coverage was great. It looked much more natural than BE . Now, the real thing that made me fall in love with it..after wearing it outside, walking around all day in almost 80 degree weather, my face was NOT melting off! Doesn't control shine too much, but the staying power, I think, makes up for it:) wow, this is long but I just wanted to let you know how much I love this stuff.
EDIT;; now that my summer color is gone, I find this to be a little dark, and kind of obvious. Still use it though:P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

I've tried BE, Milani and Jane. My BE is still sitting half-used after 2 years -- it is simply a subpar product compared to Physician's and Milani. I just don't see what all the hype is about with BE -- no coverage, weird sheen -- whereas PF doesn't have those problems. I've also tried the PF compact and loose mineral powder and I like both -- the loose is more finely milled, so it gives me more coverage (but I have to blend more); the compact is easier to transport and apply. I love both. This is a great powder and I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder seemed to have less and simplier ingredients than the average powder so I tried it for my hyper-sensitive skin. After using it for a short time, I discovered that if my rosacea was in "flame" stage, the powder made it even more inflamed. (Regarding the brush per other reviewers--the brush seemed downright rough so I used my own brushes.)

As far as milling, I compared the powder side by side with a more expensive powder and by comparison, the particles were larger with this powder--but then again, this is an inexpensive powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! The brush that comes with it is ... well, crap. Its really stiff and picks up WAY too much product. I threw it away. I also don't really like the sifter top. But, the powder is great for setting my makeup and evening out my skintone. I'll even use it with a concealer brush to cover up blemishes or blotchy spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by gabbee16

Hmmm... This is the first mineral poweder foundation I have tried on my face, and I'm probably sticking to it. My skin is VERY light, so it is hard for me to find a good foundation without it looking orangey. Also, what makes my skin even worse is that I have combo skin, so my skin is oily in some places and dryer in others, and I get a small amount of zits sometimes on red areas on my face. So I bought this at a drug store and tried it on at home. It actually looked okay! Yes, the brush that comes with it is a bit rough, so I suggest buying a gentler brush. But the powder covered up the red areas on my face and made it look less oily-ish. My face has even started to break out less and less. However, it is not perfect. It is quite good, but not perfect. For example, if you put a bit too much on, it can look a TINY TINY TINY bit cakey-ish. Also, it looks fabulously perfect in the mirror in the bathroom, but if I look in a mirror in the natural light, its not exactly that perfect. I hate it how that happens, don't you? But i can't do anything about it, really. But still, you REALLY need to buy this powder thingy and a good brush, because you will not regret it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by agt0602

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the packaging. I can't stand the top -- it squeeks on the counter right-side-up and rolls around up-side-down. I can't stand the flip-top above the sifter that gets in the way of my brush and tries to fall back onto the sifter. But I got a great gift of the BE to-go mirror compact thingy. I'll probably but PF in there (and not my BE -- hah!).
Other than packaging, I love this product. Covers well all over and then as concealer applied with fingers; color blends well with my skin; it's nice and matte, not shimmery. Smells a little funny, but that's probably the smell of mu without fragrance -- a trade-off for not breaking out your skin. Will buy again. Great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bluelle79

Love it. I used to use Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals in 1.2, Fairly Light, and bought the Physician's Formula in Buff Beige -- a near-perfect match.

I'm actually going to dissent and say I adore the brush that comes at the top of this product. Plus, I always had issues with the Bare Minerals getting too much makeup clustered at the top -- never happens with this. Even if it weren't half the price, I'd still buy this product. I'm getting compliments on my skin for the first time (never happened with Bare Minerals).

I've also tried the L'Oreal and Neutrogena mineral foundations and had major issues with both. As fas as I can tell, this one's the winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by saralangford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this every day for six or seven months now. I have decent skin so I don't need a great deal of coverage. It looks totally natural (most people don't think I wear make-up at all), evens out my skin tone and stops shine. I've never used BareMinerals so I can't make any comparison to that product, but I imagine it's much of the same with a higher price tag.

My only complaint is the packaging, it's *not* portable at all. When I go out of town I have to take a different powder because the cap on this one falls does not stay on at all. The brush that comes with the powder is good and I like it so much I also use it for my powder blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sand Beige. It was about $9.89 or so at Wal-Mart. It is the one in the jar with the clear "dome" top. This provides pretty good coverage, and can be easily worn alone. I have some problematic skin and I get oily on my forehead, nose and cheeks and I found by the end of the day that my forehead was not oily and my cheeks and nose were no where near as oily as the usually would be. I don't care for the small brush that comes with it, to me it tends to apply more powder (which can make you look cakey). The brush would be better for blush. I like that it has a divider for the powder, it makes things a lot cleaner to where your not getting powder everywhere. I also wish this came in more shades, I could use one that is a shade darker. I would probably look for something else to try before repurchasing, but it is a good powder. **UPDATE** I had to get rid of this powder. One day on the weekend I decided to put this on with the PF MIneral Wear Liquid foundation in the same color (Sand Beige), grab a mirror and go outside in the daylight just to see if everything looked ok. Not at all! The color made my skin look "muddy" like murkey, stale pond water. I was sooo embarrased because I had been wearing this for a few weeks and under the bathroom light it looked perfect. I also noticed that the powder doesn't blend as well as I thought. In the daylight, I seen round spots of powder (almost cakey looking) where I applied the powder. When I applied it I blended it well with the small (and useless) brush they include. It looked like a 5 year old applied my makeup and I have been wering make up for over 12 years! The shade range they offer is horrible. I will probably never buy this powder again. Though if they do come out with more shades of the liquid foundation I would buy that b/c I liked the feel of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. This is the only mineral product I've ever bought and I don't think I'll try anything else because this stuff is about $10 and provides the coverage I need. Don't use the brush that comes with the package, as it really does suck. I used a different kabuki brush and it works fine. Please note that this product works best if you use some moisturizer first.