July 29, 2014 | 1963 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder seemed to have less and simplier ingredients than the average powder so I tried it for my hyper-sensitive skin. After using it for a short time, I discovered that if my rosacea was in "flame" stage, the powder made it even more inflamed. (Regarding the brush per other reviewers--the brush seemed downright rough so I used my own brushes.)

As far as milling, I compared the powder side by side with a more expensive powder and by comparison, the particles were larger with this powder--but then again, this is an inexpensive powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! The brush that comes with it is ... well, crap. Its really stiff and picks up WAY too much product. I threw it away. I also don't really like the sifter top. But, the powder is great for setting my makeup and evening out my skintone. I'll even use it with a concealer brush to cover up blemishes or blotchy spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by gabbee16

Hmmm... This is the first mineral poweder foundation I have tried on my face, and I'm probably sticking to it. My skin is VERY light, so it is hard for me to find a good foundation without it looking orangey. Also, what makes my skin even worse is that I have combo skin, so my skin is oily in some places and dryer in others, and I get a small amount of zits sometimes on red areas on my face. So I bought this at a drug store and tried it on at home. It actually looked okay! Yes, the brush that comes with it is a bit rough, so I suggest buying a gentler brush. But the powder covered up the red areas on my face and made it look less oily-ish. My face has even started to break out less and less. However, it is not perfect. It is quite good, but not perfect. For example, if you put a bit too much on, it can look a TINY TINY TINY bit cakey-ish. Also, it looks fabulously perfect in the mirror in the bathroom, but if I look in a mirror in the natural light, its not exactly that perfect. I hate it how that happens, don't you? But i can't do anything about it, really. But still, you REALLY need to buy this powder thingy and a good brush, because you will not regret it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by agt0602

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the packaging. I can't stand the top -- it squeeks on the counter right-side-up and rolls around up-side-down. I can't stand the flip-top above the sifter that gets in the way of my brush and tries to fall back onto the sifter. But I got a great gift of the BE to-go mirror compact thingy. I'll probably but PF in there (and not my BE -- hah!).
Other than packaging, I love this product. Covers well all over and then as concealer applied with fingers; color blends well with my skin; it's nice and matte, not shimmery. Smells a little funny, but that's probably the smell of mu without fragrance -- a trade-off for not breaking out your skin. Will buy again. Great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bluelle79

Love it. I used to use Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals in 1.2, Fairly Light, and bought the Physician's Formula in Buff Beige -- a near-perfect match.

I'm actually going to dissent and say I adore the brush that comes at the top of this product. Plus, I always had issues with the Bare Minerals getting too much makeup clustered at the top -- never happens with this. Even if it weren't half the price, I'd still buy this product. I'm getting compliments on my skin for the first time (never happened with Bare Minerals).

I've also tried the L'Oreal and Neutrogena mineral foundations and had major issues with both. As fas as I can tell, this one's the winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by saralangford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this every day for six or seven months now. I have decent skin so I don't need a great deal of coverage. It looks totally natural (most people don't think I wear make-up at all), evens out my skin tone and stops shine. I've never used BareMinerals so I can't make any comparison to that product, but I imagine it's much of the same with a higher price tag.

My only complaint is the packaging, it's *not* portable at all. When I go out of town I have to take a different powder because the cap on this one falls does not stay on at all. The brush that comes with the powder is good and I like it so much I also use it for my powder blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Sand Beige. It was about $9.89 or so at Wal-Mart. It is the one in the jar with the clear "dome" top. This provides pretty good coverage, and can be easily worn alone. I have some problematic skin and I get oily on my forehead, nose and cheeks and I found by the end of the day that my forehead was not oily and my cheeks and nose were no where near as oily as the usually would be. I don't care for the small brush that comes with it, to me it tends to apply more powder (which can make you look cakey). The brush would be better for blush. I like that it has a divider for the powder, it makes things a lot cleaner to where your not getting powder everywhere. I also wish this came in more shades, I could use one that is a shade darker. I would probably look for something else to try before repurchasing, but it is a good powder. **UPDATE** I had to get rid of this powder. One day on the weekend I decided to put this on with the PF MIneral Wear Liquid foundation in the same color (Sand Beige), grab a mirror and go outside in the daylight just to see if everything looked ok. Not at all! The color made my skin look "muddy" like murkey, stale pond water. I was sooo embarrased because I had been wearing this for a few weeks and under the bathroom light it looked perfect. I also noticed that the powder doesn't blend as well as I thought. In the daylight, I seen round spots of powder (almost cakey looking) where I applied the powder. When I applied it I blended it well with the small (and useless) brush they include. It looked like a 5 year old applied my makeup and I have been wering make up for over 12 years! The shade range they offer is horrible. I will probably never buy this powder again. Though if they do come out with more shades of the liquid foundation I would buy that b/c I liked the feel of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. This is the only mineral product I've ever bought and I don't think I'll try anything else because this stuff is about $10 and provides the coverage I need. Don't use the brush that comes with the package, as it really does suck. I used a different kabuki brush and it works fine. Please note that this product works best if you use some moisturizer first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Venus0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**This was the frist mineral foundation/ powder I ever used, I bought it a while ago and have still have a great deal left. I have tried many mineral powders and I always seem to be coming back to this one. It has a wonderful matte finish on the skin and blends beautifully. Very finely-milled and it sort of just adheres to your skin(in a good way!) and softly blends. Although the little brush that comes with it I would NOT reccomend (prickly), and the packaging can be a little annoying I really like using this product. IT's great for creating that flawless porcelain complexion.**

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by SilkySinner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff except (there it is lol) that it gives me a more matte finish, and I prefer a more dewy one. All in all, this is a wonderful product though, The packaging sucks (i spill it often enough) and the brush is a bust, but the product is great! It also covers my red cheeks (mild KP).