Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 7/8/2007 12:45:00 AM

I have been using BE (1.2fairly light) for over a year now, and i liked the coverage but i always hated the instant shine/shimmer i would get after applying, i still got the shine after applying the mineral veil before and after application. anyways i liked BE b/c of the light feeling and the coverage but i wanted to go out and find something that would work just as good but without the shine. after doing some research i found that it was the titanium dioxide that was creating the shine, and not the mica that i originally thought. anyways i was searching through MUA to see the reviews on some of the mineral make ups that i found did not have the titanium dioxide. so i decided to buy this brand (in buff beige, a very good match to my skintone) b/c of the good reviews and i am glad that i did. i love, love, love the powder. it has great coverage, feels light, and best of all there is no shine unlike BE. it even has good staying power. i have been using this product for about a week now and i still have not had any breakouts. i did notice that after about 6 hours i started to get oily (probably b.c it is really humid) but i just blotted with one of those oil reducing sheets and everything was good. i do hate the packaging b/c it is hard to get the right amount of product out to get on the brush (this is why i took off one lippie). so i use an empty BE jar and put the product in there (this is much easier). the brush is not too bad, not as rough as some people have made it out to be. but i still do not use it b/c it is too small. i will definitly rebuy if i do not find anything else that is better. i hope that someone from the company will read these reviews and decide to make a change to the packaging.

on 7/7/2007 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just tried this product for the first time today! i must say, i really like it. i just hope it doesnt break me out. i got translucent medium..i'm pretty sure it matches. most people say they dont like the brush. but i agree with the review a few posts down. i like the brush..it doesnt feel that rough to me. plus, i think the packaging it really cute. i will most likely repurchase if nothing out of the ordinary happens with this powder.

on 7/6/2007 10:30:00 PM

My sister actually wore this on her wedding day! The makeup artist ended up putting some on me as well. I bought my own the next day....I am a C3 and can't remember the colour I got, but think it was the 2nd lightest beige (buff beige?). The colour match is pretty good, and feels weightless. I don't use the brush that comes with it (it's alright, but a bit hard). I actually use a blush brush - and get pretty good coverage. A little on a shadow brush and the powder works like concealer. The container is pretty good....minimal spillage considering it's a powder. My only gripe is that I don't think it lasts throughout the day. I don't use a primer or anything, and I've got combination skin...but I think it is gone sometime in the afternoon....oh well...think that's prob as good as I'll get without primer.

on 7/3/2007 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought BE worked great, this is even better!
thanks for all of your guys' reviews, that's what made me buy this product!
it doesn't have NEARLY as much of the shine that BE has and the coverage is GREAT without looking too cakey.
i haven't experience too much 'shine' but i've only had it on for a couple hours.
after opening the package and putting it on, i noticed there's a fair amount of powder, especially for the price in comparison to the other mineral brands.
[i got the natural beige .. it's kinda dark for a 'beige' in comparison to other products i've tried, but that's what tanning is for. too much can cause the 'orange-y' look .. so be careful with that.]
it still looks like i've just applied it!
the only thing i don't like is the brush .. but you can buy a nice soft one from a local dept. store and use the 'brush and tap' method and its great!
will def. buy again! [:
**after using more than a couple days, people started telling me it looked way too dark [orange] and shiny.
Good product to use if it matches your skin perfectly, you have a darker skin color, and/or you don't mind having the shiny look.

on 7/3/2007 12:09:00 PM

My mom bought this for me a year ago while trying to convince me that liquid foundation wasn't all that great for my skin. I refused to use it because I'm incredibly stubborn. I started getting into the whole BE hype and ordered tons of samples, along with full sized ones. BE had an unnatural kind of shine to it, and not very good staying power. If I started to sweat, or my face got oily, the foundation sort of..melted. I also found it too mask-like. It wasn't a good look, but I was convinced BE had to be the best there was since everyone was so in love with it. I was running low on BE and decided to sweep some of the Physicians Formula on my face and WOW. The color wasn't perfect (little bit yellowy for my very fair skin), but the coverage was great. It looked much more natural than BE . Now, the real thing that made me fall in love with it..after wearing it outside, walking around all day in almost 80 degree weather, my face was NOT melting off! Doesn't control shine too much, but the staying power, I think, makes up for it:) wow, this is long but I just wanted to let you know how much I love this stuff.
EDIT;; now that my summer color is gone, I find this to be a little dark, and kind of obvious. Still use it though:P

on 6/22/2007 1:14:00 PM

I've tried BE, Milani and Jane. My BE is still sitting half-used after 2 years -- it is simply a subpar product compared to Physician's and Milani. I just don't see what all the hype is about with BE -- no coverage, weird sheen -- whereas PF doesn't have those problems. I've also tried the PF compact and loose mineral powder and I like both -- the loose is more finely milled, so it gives me more coverage (but I have to blend more); the compact is easier to transport and apply. I love both. This is a great powder and I will buy again.

on 6/22/2007 12:02:00 PM

This powder seemed to have less and simplier ingredients than the average powder so I tried it for my hyper-sensitive skin. After using it for a short time, I discovered that if my rosacea was in "flame" stage, the powder made it even more inflamed. (Regarding the brush per other reviewers--the brush seemed downright rough so I used my own brushes.)

As far as milling, I compared the powder side by side with a more expensive powder and by comparison, the particles were larger with this powder--but then again, this is an inexpensive powder.

on 6/21/2007 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder! The brush that comes with it is ... well, crap. Its really stiff and picks up WAY too much product. I threw it away. I also don't really like the sifter top. But, the powder is great for setting my makeup and evening out my skintone. I'll even use it with a concealer brush to cover up blemishes or blotchy spots.

on 6/20/2007 11:35:00 PM

Hmmm... This is the first mineral poweder foundation I have tried on my face, and I'm probably sticking to it. My skin is VERY light, so it is hard for me to find a good foundation without it looking orangey. Also, what makes my skin even worse is that I have combo skin, so my skin is oily in some places and dryer in others, and I get a small amount of zits sometimes on red areas on my face. So I bought this at a drug store and tried it on at home. It actually looked okay! Yes, the brush that comes with it is a bit rough, so I suggest buying a gentler brush. But the powder covered up the red areas on my face and made it look less oily-ish. My face has even started to break out less and less. However, it is not perfect. It is quite good, but not perfect. For example, if you put a bit too much on, it can look a TINY TINY TINY bit cakey-ish. Also, it looks fabulously perfect in the mirror in the bathroom, but if I look in a mirror in the natural light, its not exactly that perfect. I hate it how that happens, don't you? But i can't do anything about it, really. But still, you REALLY need to buy this powder thingy and a good brush, because you will not regret it. :)

on 6/20/2007 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about the packaging. I can't stand the top -- it squeeks on the counter right-side-up and rolls around up-side-down. I can't stand the flip-top above the sifter that gets in the way of my brush and tries to fall back onto the sifter. But I got a great gift of the BE to-go mirror compact thingy. I'll probably but PF in there (and not my BE -- hah!).
Other than packaging, I love this product. Covers well all over and then as concealer applied with fingers; color blends well with my skin; it's nice and matte, not shimmery. Smells a little funny, but that's probably the smell of mu without fragrance -- a trade-off for not breaking out your skin. Will buy again. Great value.