March 1, 2015 | 2104 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by trulaydee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works wonderfully on my short Asian lashes! This definitely lengthens and separates. It isn't anything crazy dramatic, but it is absolutely perfect for my every day look. I give it a big two thumbs up, and for now it is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by sparklespin

Wow! I'm so happy I got this mascara! It separates and lengthens beautifully in two coats. No clumps, no smears. Lasts long and comes off fairly easily. Definitely HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a package of DiorShow I still need to try, but so far this is my HG. I love this product. It took me a little time to figure out how to make it work for me, but I've finally got it down. I apply 2-3 coats, declump, and I look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. My eyelashes curl naturally, so I can't comment on how it affects curled lashes, but it doesn't smear or flake on my. Wonderful product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

got sample size from my sister
PRO: Brush is full, fluffy and separates very well, no crunchiness, or smearing.

CON: Almost no pigment (maybe a scant tube?) and I love natural-looking mascaras like Clinique's Naturally Glossy. This had a little shine but almost seemed to straighten my already naturally VERY curly lashes - weird. I probably wouldn't bother with this again, but I'll keep the brush!

Also irritated my eyes, no itching just slight swelling.
UPDATE: continued eye irritation not worth it for me, another lippy down

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by aliando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I curled my lashes with shu uemura, but after I applied this, my lashes goes down -___-...so i guess i want to return it to sephora. But it does give some volume after applying 3 coats. I guess for the price $18, it is OK,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I am very impressed with this mascara. It truly lengthened and separated my lashes beautifully 'n' gorgeously. It is, however, a mascara for those who want a more natural look - so those who want volume and drama, this is not for you. I wish the color pigment was deeper but what can i do? I was really impressed at how much my lashes were lengthend and 'fanned out'. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging kuz I find it bulky. I can make do without it. Also, it made my lashes soft and luscious. It did not flake or smudge. Will definitely repurchase because even though it's pricey, it's the only high-end mascara that I've liked. For natural lashes, I will agree that it is pricey. Not HG kuz of the pigmentation and pricetag of Cdn $26 (Before taxes) but great overall for everyday wear. My search for the perfect mascara continues. For now it's a keeper though. Also, they're Cruelty Free which is important to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by westam22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I am sucker for the sephora displays and thats when I was drawn to this mascara. I think was really hooks you is the funky purple snake skin packaging. Sadly, though this mascara is nothing special. I find that it clumps rather easily so if you are person who applies more than one coat this is not the product for. I also find that it weights my lashes down.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by vallerina5chu

My eyes are becoming more and more sensitive, and so I am starting to use more "natural" products. This is my first Tarte product, my sister got the sample from Sephora and said that it worked well for her. I bought the full-size and while the packaging is very glamorous, the tube cover slips off a little bit. I might have to just take if off completely. Packaging issues aside, I really like this mascara. I've got short, stubby Asian lashes and when I curl and apply this mascara, they look dramatically longer. The volume is so-so but the formula doesn't clump, as long as you apply to clean lashes. It doesn't smudge and to further ensure that it doesn't, I apply loose powder right under my eyes. It holds a curl really well, also. And, I don't know if it's just me, but I think the ingredients are making my lashes longer and "healthier" - I don't have as many problems with breakages or my lashes falling out. It doesn't make my lashes hard or tar-like, as do many of the other non "natural" mascaras. Overall, good lengthening formula, minimal smudging, natural ingredients ... will most likely repurchase (or maybe try the new Revlon Beyond Natural for comparison).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a sample of this from the Lash Stash at sephora. This is the first mascara that I tried out of the bunch. And I really like it. It didn't clump on me, made my lashes super long and semi full. The three things I look for in a mascara. It reminds me a little like Dior's Iconic. I wore it for 15 hours and it didn't smudge, flake or give me funky raccoon eyes. I most likely will buy the full size version when I'm done trying all my mini's out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great mascara. One coat is a perfect balance of adding volume and length for a nice day look; another coat makes it a nice, bolder evening mascara, too. It leaves lashes soft and not crunchy. The brush is smaller and easy to use without making a mess. One lippie off for the annoying packaging. Also, lash-exact is half the price of this and that does a similar job, with a better bottle, so not sure I would keep this in my make-up bag as a staple. Overall, great mascara... just wish they'd ditch the cumbersome purple leather or at least make it seamless.