Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/8/2010 8:47:00 PM

This mascara is great. It gave me incredible volume without the clumps and it also lenghtens. It was kind of hard to remove but overall great.

on 12/8/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i LOVE this mascara! i have sparse, straight, but long Asian lashes and this mascara works really well to give me volume and length, without clumping and looking spidery. it is easy to build with it, and put multiple layers. it also holds curl well, and washes off easily (i dont have to use a separate eye makeup remover, i just wash with facewash). i use it with origins underwear for lashes (primer), and the combo is awesome. i have tried YSL primer but it isnt nearly as good as the origins primer. i am mascara-obsessed, and have tried many products, and this one works the best (over Diorshow, voluminous, texaslash, full and soft, loreal collagen). my HG mascara has been discontinued (LOVED illegal lengths!) but this one comes close. the brush is similar to illegal lengths, and is easy to use. great for sparse lashes, and it's much more buildable than diorshow.

on 11/21/2009 10:41:00 PM

I LOVE this product! It is my favorite mascara. I am on my 3rd tube. Worth every penny.

on 10/7/2009 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

See Cosmetic Safety database website for healthiness/toxicity of this mascara's ingredients, here's tarte's website:

I am liking this, the only mascara I like more is Cover Girl lash blast, which gives more volume. I've compared this Tarte to Bare Escentuals new Lash Definition and their Buxom lash and think I am choosing tarte over them, it doesn't clump, separates, lengthens, keeps its curl enough, buildable since doesn't clump, love the package of purple croc leather, it doens't have that plasticky/rubbery king of brush, which I love (LashBlast), but the bristles are quite thicker and stiff enough like that that they separate well, and there's a lot of them. i choose this over lash blast for everyday because of the naturalness

on 9/18/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first time I ever used this mascara it got as a sample, and I have actually gone out and bought it twice! It gives an almost natural look with a little more. I wear fake eyelashes, so it does a nice job when I am just wearing mascara, and it goes on so smoothly, and it doesn't clump at all. I really really really like this mascara and it doesn't even irrirate my eyes at all! Gives a little length, and the volume part is hard to compare because I wear fake eyelashes almost everytime I wear makeup. I do think it's way better then DiorShow.

on 9/14/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's one of my favorite mascaras.
PROS:
it does not clumpy easily
longer lashes
natural ingredients
pretty package
separates the lashes very nicely

CONS:
you have to reapply a couple of times during your day
does not hold a curl long.

One of my favorites. I'm gonna try the waterproof one to see if it holds the curl better

on 9/10/2009 8:45:00 PM

This product is great for length. You can build it up for a little more volume, but it can get clumpy if you're not careful with application. The packaging I find a little distracting. The 'case' that the tube is in makes it hard if you like to turn/twist the brush slightly while applying. It also makes it hard to tell if you've closed the cap completely. Overall, I like the length it gives, and I would probably buy it again.

on 8/28/2009 11:42:00 AM

I've got the waterproof one. It doesn't hold the curl at all, regardless of it being waterproof, and it doesn't add much depth to my lashes either. As for it being natural looking, I too have had the clumping problem. I like my dior and maybelline a lot better. But the tarte packaging is beautiful!

on 8/22/2009 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I like this mascar a lot. It gives a lot of length and really makes my lashes stand out. This said, I have a little more issue with this mascara as far as application goes than others I've tried. If I'm not careful, it seems to go all clumpy. This is easily fixed with some combing, ect. However, I feel this is more an issue with this particular mascara. This said, I'd repurchase this.

PROS:
*lengthening!!!
*gives volumes
*natural formula

CONS:
*a little clumpy if you're not careful
*a little flakey
*packaging isn't my favorite (it's a quilted exterior and I never am certain if I have closed it all the way)
*price (not the cheapest nor the most expensive, but definetly more than say cover girl)

BOTTOM LINE:
If you like a more dramatic long lash, you'll most likely love this stuff. Give it a try!

i wanted the same effect as lights camera splashes without the hard to remove factor. This one smudges and smears, takes long to dry. Gives a flirty look as well, very natural, but i have sparse lashes, i need volume.