September 17, 2014 | 1243 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jostman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously - who came up with this packaging? In spite of its big, gaudy, purple faux-leather exterior, the product inside is pretty darn impressive. I'm a true mascara critic - as picky as they come - and I've come to regard Lights, Camera, Lashes as one of the better ones out there. Good consistency (i.e., not "goopy"), low (but not altogether non-existent) clump-factor, non-flaking, and long-lasting... lengthens lashes nicely... washes of fairly easily. This is good, dependable mascara. I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by victoriatheslutbag

I love this mascara! i have tried just about every high end mascara out there (prescriptives false lashes, dior show, too-faced lash injection, etc) and this has by far been my favorite. i have very long thick lashes naturally but i like to play them up as much as i can. It thickens, darkens, lengthens and separates and is very easy to apply. You dont have to wipe most of the product off of the brush. I use this mascara over my shiseido mascara base and i always get lash compliments. For me it lasts all day and still looks awesome by the end of it without smuging or flaking. Curl holds well too. Definetly recomended. However i do find the packaging incredibly tacky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I've liked everything I've tried from Tarte - except this. I was a little hesitant getting it on the looks of the tube itself. Besides looking tacky, it is bulky to handle. After reading the reviews here and talking to a couple people who liked it, I gave it it a try. Sadly, it irritates my eyes almost immediately upon application. It also flakes and my eyes look like there is a grey shadow around them after several hours, so it does not hold up though out my long days. I've tried drugstore mascaras for a third of the price that hold up better than this stuff does. A big disappointment ...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Veromusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a problem with impulse buying whenever I walk into Sephora. I justify my purchases by comparison shopping and trying to find the best quality for my money, but that's just an excuse. So even though I went to get a new eyelash curler, and I have a Fresh Supernova mascara that is only one month old, I grabbed a full size Tarte mascara on my way to the register. I've tried smaller sizes before as part of their We Wish line and Pret-A-Porter, but you know how those little tubes dry out before you can get a good impression. When I got home, I removed my eye makeup, used my new curler (shu uemera) and Fresh Supernova on one eye, and Tarte Lights Camera Lashes without curling first on the other eye. Tarte wins! It's incredible! Amazing curl action, separation, lengthening, color, and at least $7 cheaper than some other anti-climactic products out there. I hope it doesn't dry out as fast as Fresh does. I took off one lippie for the packaging, which while I like shiny purple things, came unglued when I opened the mascara for the first time. It's manageable though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by SEESHELLS78

I have very thin short lashes, and I was looking for a mascara that thickens, lengthens, and is very black. This does a great job, and will probably be replacing my Armani Maestro mascara, as the Tarte one is cheaper and lasts longer. It has amazing separation and the packaging is cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a decent mascara. It adds some length and some volume. It didn't hold a curl unless I used Shiseido primer. It was a nice dark black. Occasionally, you need to wipe the wand to get rid of clumpy build up. Lasts all day with no flaking issues or smudging. Nice overall, but his mascara just isn't as good as Loreal Lash Out so I won't repurchase after I finish the tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara. I love Tarte products..have never been dissatisfied but and the mascara packaging is uber cute. But.....this stuff was the usual blah mascara. Weighed down my lashes, didn't hold a curl, smudged & flaked. Ugh..the only reason I would repurchase is for the cute mascara tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. I inherited the good-eyelash gene so it doesn't take a lot to make my lashes pop, but I've tried a lot of mascaras and this one manages to look natural and dramatic all at the same time. The tube is adorable and the brush is the best I've found. The mascara itself is very black, doesn't smudge or clump, lengthens and thickens and doesn't leave my lashes at all brittle. I'll buy this over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by unlined_paper

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few mascaras I've bought more than once ( the others being Lancome and Benefit) and it's the best mascara I've ever used. It thickens a lot, it lengthens nicley, it curls well, but I wouldn't mind more, and I've never had and problems with it flaking off. I have super sensitive eyes, and it hasn't bothered me yet. It works fast, so your not up in the morning for 20 minutes putting on mascara. And what I like best, is that is doesn't make my eyelashes hard. They stay soft, even after I tried putting on many, many, many coats. Over all, and awesome buy for sure!

Update: I have noticed some inconsistencies from tube to tube. Most have worked great, but one or two have been gloopy messes, so I had to exhchange them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is gorgeous!!! This does everything that is says...it lenghtens, defines, and volumizes. I applied almost 4 coats to see if it clumped and it didn't! It doesn't weigh down my lashes at all and it holds the curl. The packaging is cute, but does take a little getting used to when you're applying it since it's a little bulky. I will definitely get another when I run out of this. *EDIT* I will not repurchase this mascara because it dried out within a month!!! I hate mascaras that do this. Too bad.