Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 9/10/2009 8:45:00 PM

This product is great for length. You can build it up for a little more volume, but it can get clumpy if you're not careful with application. The packaging I find a little distracting. The 'case' that the tube is in makes it hard if you like to turn/twist the brush slightly while applying. It also makes it hard to tell if you've closed the cap completely. Overall, I like the length it gives, and I would probably buy it again.

on 8/28/2009 11:42:00 AM

I've got the waterproof one. It doesn't hold the curl at all, regardless of it being waterproof, and it doesn't add much depth to my lashes either. As for it being natural looking, I too have had the clumping problem. I like my dior and maybelline a lot better. But the tarte packaging is beautiful!

on 8/22/2009 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I like this mascar a lot. It gives a lot of length and really makes my lashes stand out. This said, I have a little more issue with this mascara as far as application goes than others I've tried. If I'm not careful, it seems to go all clumpy. This is easily fixed with some combing, ect. However, I feel this is more an issue with this particular mascara. This said, I'd repurchase this.

PROS:
*lengthening!!!
*gives volumes
*natural formula

CONS:
*a little clumpy if you're not careful
*a little flakey
*packaging isn't my favorite (it's a quilted exterior and I never am certain if I have closed it all the way)
*price (not the cheapest nor the most expensive, but definetly more than say cover girl)

BOTTOM LINE:
If you like a more dramatic long lash, you'll most likely love this stuff. Give it a try!

i wanted the same effect as lights camera splashes without the hard to remove factor. This one smudges and smears, takes long to dry. Gives a flirty look as well, very natural, but i have sparse lashes, i need volume.

I'm really surprised at the relatively neutral or negative reviews this product received. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I have pretty long lashes and was looking for a good mascara to give a 'little better than natural' effect for daytime. I hate gloppy, clumpy, sticky mascaras and also can't stand the plastic wands like in Lash Blast. This is the perfect formula and my lashes look miles long and perfectly dense... I've had several people ask if I'm wearing false lashes.

The best part is that my eyes are really sensitive and the best mascaras I've found in the past (Boots 360 Cils) have caused major eye irritation. Not so with the Tarte! I can wear it all day long... doesn't run or flake... and my eyes don't turn red!
Woohoo!

on 8/7/2009 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE IT!!! I HAVE TRIED A TON OF MASCARAS TRYINY TO FIND THE PERFECT ONE. THIS IS IT. IT GIVES VOLUME, LENGTH AND WITH A LASH CURLER IT GIVES ME A SEXY CURVE.

on 7/30/2009 1:36:00 AM

I got a sample of this at Sephora and it's one of my favorite mascaras to use with the Shiseido mascara base. It's a thin consistency so my lashes stayed separated and curled. Heavier formulas tend to weigh my lashes down. The bad part about the lighter formula is that it only lengthens and doesn't volumize the lashes. I would buy again to use with the mascara base.

on 7/5/2009 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was using Diorshow until I got a sample of this product and started using it. I have naturally long and dark lashes, so I just need a bit of thickening and this does the trick. I haven't found it to be clumpy or dry...yet. I'm about to take a trip to FL and am taking the Lights Camera Splashes...will review upon my return.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes proved another mascara speed bump on my quest to find a one that will sufficiently enhance my decent length and volume without killing my curl.

While Lights, Camera, Lashes more or less held my curl, clumps and definition proved persistent problems. This mascara required quality time with a metal lash comb. The formula did not offer volume but did a nice enough job enhancing my existing length. The color is a rich black but the finished look is a little on the matte side. This wore decent and removed easily with cleanser and water. I was surprised how quickly this tube began to dry out (and how that exponentially increased clumps).

Ultimately, I was not snared by either the natural formula or the awkward, bulky faux leather packaging. Overall, Lights, Camera, Lashes is an average mascara that delivers a serviceable result. In the world of mascara, I think you could spend less and get more. This is not a repurchase for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although this shouldn't be waterproof, but it doesn't smudge when I cry. I am not sure why. This doesn't volumize, doesn't really lengthen, but holds my curls so-so. This is just an average mascara, I will stick to Majolica Majorca.