December 19, 2014 | 848 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer, I sampled this at Sephora, thought I wouldl like it, bought it and didn't like it at all. It just wasn't enough for me, which is surprising, because I prefer a softer look, but this was like not applying anything. I found the brush to be very stiff and had a hard time getting it through my eyelashes. It didn't irritate my eyes which was good. I also tried the Lash Hugger, which I liked quite a bit more, but it smeared too much on me. I also really dislike the packaging for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is absolutely PHENOMENAL. I repeat: PHENOMENAL. period. I am a hard-core mascara junkie; I've yet to be satisfied with my purchases. From DiorShow to LashBlast and all in between, I always end up with wimpy, clumpy lashes. My lashes are a light brown and I would say average in terms of length and volume and curl. In other words, mascara is a daily necessity and can really make or break my look while curling my lashes isn't necessary. At sephora today, I was trying to choose between L.C.L and Fresh's supernova. The SA kept steering me towards L.C.L. (even though it's less expensive than supernova) but I was suspicious because the Tarte representative was right there. I went with the Tarte L.C.L. and put it on immediately in the car (so if I was disappointed I would turn around and return it as I live pretty far away). WOW! after two coats I was amazed and finally a third coat floored me. My lashes touch my brow bone, the volume is great without looking too fake, and the separation provided by the rubber bristled brush made my lashes look fluttery (and they were SUPPLE. not cakey, flakey, or stiff!). I didn't curl my lashes today, so I can't speak to it's ability to hold a curl--I can say that it provides a slight curl though! The formula itself is a nice "natural" black, not too wet or dry. I'd gladly pay $18 per tube of this stuff every three months. We'll see if it lasts that long. Packaging is cute but cumbersome, however if it bothers you that much it doesn't take much force to take it off of the plain tube. Will update in a bit to discuss the product's shelf life. *Update* Just disposed of my first tube and purchased another. Dried only SLIGHTLYafter 3 mos.. Great product all around, shelf life included. For those of you looking for a more "dramatic" looooooooong lash look, use a couple coats of LCL and top it with some Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes (another fantastic, albeit more pricey product. see my review). WOW!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially I was liking this mascara well enough. Not HG material mind you (I'm almost convinced that HG mascara just doesn't exist for me) but it did it's job nicely. The mascara lengthens decently, adds a good amount of volume and doesn't present much problems concerning clumping.

The problems is that the tried and true test with my lashes (short, straight, Asian) is whether the mascara can hold the curl well. This product only does a so, so job of that. The other problem is that there is slight smudging on the outer lower corner of my eyes by the end of the day.

However, the big clincher that made up my mind not to rebuy was that after only a month the mascara seems to have dried up and now application is damn near impossible. It's tacky and rough looking and I'm definately not happy with this mascara anymore. Blech!

Oh and ps, I really HATE the packaging on it. I know some ppl love that whole purple tarte look but I find the leather holder to be really bulky and burdensome. I ripped it off, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by captainvegetable02

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've finally found my HG mascara! I couldn't even begin to name all the mascaras I've tried over the years, and I finally have one that I can't find anything to complain about. My lashes are very long but not especially thick - I do have a lot of them but they're somewhat fine textured. So with most mascaras, the best I can usually get is a long feathery lash look, which is nice but if I try to put on enough coats to get decent volume I get HORRIBLE clumping. Lights, Camera, Lashes! gives me AMAZING volume and I never have problems with it clumping...quite the opposite, actually. I simply adore the rubber-bristled brush, it seperates and defines my lashes and it isn't too big so I don't end up with smudges trying to apply it. I can just keep adding coats to my heart's desire and I never get clumps. It does give some length too but doesn't have any fibers or special lengthening properties, with I like since I don't need any length added and lengthening mascaras usually give me weird little clumps on the end of individual lashes that I have to pick off. So to sum it all up, this mascara is fantastic and I can't find anything wrong with it - I even think the packaging is really cute and I find the price to be reasonable.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this, the packaging is adorable, even on the sample. I really wanted to love this mascara, but it does almost nothing for me. I have average lashes, just slightly long, and it pretty much just adds some color and length. the color is interesting, it's an off-black. it felt really stiff on my lashes and clumps horribly if you try to do more than one, maybe two coats. I dislike it enough that I tried to use a mascara I DO like over it, and it was a flaky, clumpy mess. obviously, this mascara works for some people, but I really dislike it. I doubt it was on old tube, since I tried the mascara right after I had gotten it (a couple months ago) and tried it again recently since I'm almost out of mascara and on the hunt for the perfect mascara. I won't try this one again, and certainly wouldn't buy it, at $18 at Sephora it is an expensive mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by KiSSMEiMRiTZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this baby definitely gives my lashes extensions. my lashes look sexy (when im lucky.) the problem is no matter how much i take off the wand, i've always got clumps.. urgh

other than that, its pretty alright. i've jus gotta comb the gunk out ='[

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LucieFurr

I really like this mascara a lot. The packaging is super cute but it takes a minute to get use to. This doesn't smudge or give me panda eyes (I have super oily eyelids) it lengthens well and adds some volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by chaneliiiheart

Never having stepped out of my comfort 'mascara' zone I decided to go (thanks to reviews & friends) with Tarte!
I have to say that I love this mascara!!
The purple packaging is too cute :]
Overall, I have average sized lashes but mine tend to be stubborn and I have to curl them very frequently in order to keep the curl but with Tarte I only had to do it once or twice :]

I love it, def. worth the twenty-something that I spent on it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes!!! This mascara is soooo good!!! I've been lemming this one for a good while but with my streak of disappointing mascaras along with my cheapness, I decided to wait and wait. I was lucky enough to score a swap for it and when it arrived I opened the package with very little excitement. So many mascaras look good at first but then within an hour, my eyes are red, itchy and irritated.
I have long lashes already and I love accentuating them even more with lengthening mascaras. One of the best I've tried was Px Beyond Long (only the gwp size unfortunately) and a close second is Chanel Inimitable. Well...Tarte's mascara is just as fantastic if not better as it has a few extra perks! The brush is much better than Px's adn Chanel's because it separates the lashes, but not so much that they look "too separated" if you get what I mean. The formula is definately darker than both of the ones I mention, closer to L'oreal's Carbon Black (which irritates me a bit).
Edit: Makes my lashes a bit crunchy and dry, which in turn makes them flaky. Not sure if I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by AgentChic

This is a wonderful mascara compared to any other I've used. I have sensitive eyes and very short lashes...besides the magic of my eyelash curlers, this mascara REALLY helps lengthen and keep my lashes curled. The wand is very promising. The product also has natural ingredients in it to keep your lashes from flaking or drying out...thus, no red, itchy eyes. And it has not clumped on me yet...so far so good!

Before, I would just curl my lashes and go...naked. Now it's an everyday wear for me thanks to Tarte. It keeps my lashes looking like it should for the day and wipes off easily with a make up remover.
And I must say, the purple packaging is totally cute!