Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample and I didn't think I was going to like it. I am a Dior Show fan and nothing I have tried compares to it. I was really surprised when I would up liking this product. It have me nice volume and length. I still love Dior but this is my new second fave.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. i mean, i tried it consistently for about three weeks straight. but I'm afraid I won't be shelling out $20 bucks for it again. read on to find out why...
MY EYELASHES:
- stick-straight (I'm Asian)
- long and fine
- pretty sparse; not thick at all
- naturally points downward
PRODUCT'S CLAIMS:
- lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara for lashes
PROS:
- extremely cute packaging
- formulated without parabens and a bunch of other harsh chemicals
- contains vitamins and ingredients that supposedly conditions the lashes
- the brush holds LOTS of product, so with just one swoop, you get dramatically darker lashes
- water-resistant (I cried a little while wearing this once and the mascara stayed put)
CONS:
- omgosh, this thing clumps and flakes like nobody's business! yuck!
- TOO much product on the brush. totally weighs down my lashes.
- undoes the curl i put so much elbow grease into achieving
- makes my lashes look & feel stiff and spiky
- takes FOREVER to dry
- the formula is way too wet
- has smudged on me a couple of times but that might be due to external factors
FINAL VERDICT:
I think the mascara does lengthen, but then again my lashes are pretty long so I wouldn't know the difference. It definitely makes them darker and thicker-looking, but that's only because it's CLUMPY. It does not curl; does quite the opposite in fact. And as for conditioning, my lashes DIDN'T fall out 90% of the time while using this product (unlike Maybelline's Full & Thick), but a couple lashes still end up on the cotton ball once in a while; so I really can't say how conditioning this is.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Love this! It's not the best mascara I've ever used nor is it the worst. It's decent, applies smoothly, darkens and volumizes well. Not the best if you have short, stubby lashes like myself.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Decent mascara. Lengthens and Thickens. Nothing amazing, but bettter than most.

This is a very nice product, it feel good on my lashes, and doesn't make them feel stiff or crunchy, its not the best for length, but it does a great job at volume, and makes the base of the lashes really full and thick, and holds curl nicely. Also, I die for the packaging! This is not HG, but pretty darn good! I wouldn't buy again simply because the mascara world is too vast for me to be stuck on one thing if it doesn't totally blow me away.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this product. It delivered a very clean application with great lengthening. Much better then all drugstore products I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

it does the job well. the wand is amazing

but its so hard to come off!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

WOW. I've been wearing mascara for about a decade and never have I found a better one! I have those straight, hard to hold a curl Asian lashes. This is the best mascara I have found when it comes to keeping a curl. I always use a lash curler before I apply mascara, but within a few hours the curl usually subsides. I've worn this mascara for over 16 hours today and my lashes are still as nice as when I curled them this morning! So impressed. This came in a Tarte set I got from Sephora, which I purchased for the blush and the bronzer. I didn't expect much from the mascara at first but now I will definitely be buying this mascara again. Thanks Tarte!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

great mascara! doesn't clump or smudge and makes my lashes so long!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a close second to YSL Effet Faux Cils for me, it doesn't give me quite as much length as the YSL but it still stays put, does an awesome job and lengthening and volumizing (you can barely see my eyelashes if I have nothing on them so both are of equal importance to me), and has a great applicator (a bad applicator can ruin any mascara).

Popular Mascaras