Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 11/30/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara, and don't know why the reviews aren't higher here. I mean, I've tried everything...Diorshow, Givenchy (all!), Lancome, Voluminous...and this is by far my favorite. I use it with my The Makeup primer (Shisheido). GIves soft-looking fullness and length. Better than most...no spider legs here, and my lashes are lush and long. This really is a great mascara and I know I'll repurchase.

on 11/29/2008 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

First off..i really like the packaging. Ok..now for the product ummm i would say it's so so. It really lengthens my lashes well but only adds a tiny bit of voume. It also adds nice shine. But it irritates the hell out of my eyes and is a bit** to remove. Even with a milk cleanser..wtf. I don't like having to tug at the skin under my eyes. I won't repurchase this because there are way better products out there aka cough diorshow cough. but i guess it's worth a try.

on 11/24/2008 9:56:00 PM

I would never have actually bought this mascara in a full size because of the crazy packaging, but I was more than happy to try the sample size that was actually quite cute looking -having replaced the gross purple croc sock with a flat sticker of said croc pattern.
I found this to be a more liquid-y mascara than what I have used before which was kind of cool.
It had a strong smell that irritated my eyes in a way that I know sounds weird but probably makes sense if you think about it.
I thought this was pretty good at holding a curl and separated and tinted my lashes quite well but that's about it... no added volume or length.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Wow, I am blown away by this mascara. I have tried them all and this is what I've been looking for! Not only is the packaging cute and trendy, the product is even better. It goes on very smoothly, doesnt clump your lashes together, separates your lashes perfectly, and looks very even and polished. It was also very comfortable, I could not even tell I had it on. Some mascaras make my lashes feel almost "heavy" and I can feel that its there, but not this one. Also, it did not flake on me! I didnt have to worry about those little black flecks on my nose or chin! This is a keeper, I will continue to buy this.

on 11/20/2008 2:16:00 PM

This mascara works wonderfully on my short Asian lashes! This definitely lengthens and separates. It isn't anything crazy dramatic, but it is absolutely perfect for my every day look. I give it a big two thumbs up, and for now it is my HG!

on 11/10/2008 3:11:00 AM

Wow! I'm so happy I got this mascara! It separates and lengthens beautifully in two coats. No clumps, no smears. Lasts long and comes off fairly easily. Definitely HG!!!

on 11/8/2008 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have a package of DiorShow I still need to try, but so far this is my HG. I love this product. It took me a little time to figure out how to make it work for me, but I've finally got it down. I apply 2-3 coats, declump, and I look like I'm wearing false eyelashes. My eyelashes curl naturally, so I can't comment on how it affects curled lashes, but it doesn't smear or flake on my. Wonderful product.

on 11/7/2008 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

got sample size from my sister
PRO: Brush is full, fluffy and separates very well, no crunchiness, or smearing.

CON: Almost no pigment (maybe a scant tube?) and I love natural-looking mascaras like Clinique's Naturally Glossy. This had a little shine but almost seemed to straighten my already naturally VERY curly lashes - weird. I probably wouldn't bother with this again, but I'll keep the brush!

Also irritated my eyes, no itching just slight swelling.
UPDATE: continued eye irritation not worth it for me, another lippy down

on 11/7/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I curled my lashes with shu uemura, but after I applied this, my lashes goes down -___-...so i guess i want to return it to sephora. But it does give some volume after applying 3 coats. I guess for the price $18, it is OK,

on 11/3/2008 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am very impressed with this mascara. It truly lengthened and separated my lashes beautifully 'n' gorgeously. It is, however, a mascara for those who want a more natural look - so those who want volume and drama, this is not for you. I wish the color pigment was deeper but what can i do? I was really impressed at how much my lashes were lengthend and 'fanned out'. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging kuz I find it bulky. I can make do without it. Also, it made my lashes soft and luscious. It did not flake or smudge. Will definitely repurchase because even though it's pricey, it's the only high-end mascara that I've liked. For natural lashes, I will agree that it is pricey. Not HG kuz of the pigmentation and pricetag of Cdn $26 (Before taxes) but great overall for everyday wear. My search for the perfect mascara continues. For now it's a keeper though. Also, they're Cruelty Free which is important to me.