February 1, 2015 | 1084 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by refuse2lookold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using a sample of this. I should probably wait to review, but will update if something changes. So far, it is great. The brush is large. It comes out of the tube without a clump. I have long thin lashes so a good brush is a must. I used two coats for a day look and continued to 5 coats for a dramatic look. I was able to reach each tiny lash. I will purchase again and see if there is a difference in the full size packaging. I like to save my beloved Diorshow Iconic for weekend and special use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome awesome mascara...Finally, my search for the perfect mascara is over!! It is not crunchy at all, doesn't flake or smear. I love it more than my lash blast...it really is amazing! And I adore the brush...will def buy again and again...its worth every cent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ivone4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is really cute... but I never ever take my mascara out of my house therefore who is ever gonna see it??? LOL.... anyway,,, i have much lower expectation for this mascara but guess wat it gave a lot of length to my lashes... After 3 coats it still didnt clump... THis is a really good sign....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by WinkieToe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. I received a sample of this after I had 100points at Sephora. I tried it a few days later when I went out and I loved how it made my crappy short lashes look so nice, full, and just.. awesome. It didnt smudge or smear on me, nor did it flake. I would buy the full size of this, but its just too expensive for a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by lilspeth

Hey! It doesn't clump, look fake or take an artist's hand to apply. It does enhance like crazy in the best sense (that's common sense girls...I mean, No Tammy Faye Baker eyes here unless you have mascara ocd). Plus, even though this product isn't made from organic blueberries, it has eliminated the love canal of the lot. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by joanne1220

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT mascara. I don't know if it has fibers, but when I put it on it defined every last lash. It looked like I had false eyelashes. Not crunchy, doesn't flake or smear. I already purchased another tube!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer, I sampled this at Sephora, thought I wouldl like it, bought it and didn't like it at all. It just wasn't enough for me, which is surprising, because I prefer a softer look, but this was like not applying anything. I found the brush to be very stiff and had a hard time getting it through my eyelashes. It didn't irritate my eyes which was good. I also tried the Lash Hugger, which I liked quite a bit more, but it smeared too much on me. I also really dislike the packaging for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is absolutely PHENOMENAL. I repeat: PHENOMENAL. period. I am a hard-core mascara junkie; I've yet to be satisfied with my purchases. From DiorShow to LashBlast and all in between, I always end up with wimpy, clumpy lashes. My lashes are a light brown and I would say average in terms of length and volume and curl. In other words, mascara is a daily necessity and can really make or break my look while curling my lashes isn't necessary. At sephora today, I was trying to choose between L.C.L and Fresh's supernova. The SA kept steering me towards L.C.L. (even though it's less expensive than supernova) but I was suspicious because the Tarte representative was right there. I went with the Tarte L.C.L. and put it on immediately in the car (so if I was disappointed I would turn around and return it as I live pretty far away). WOW! after two coats I was amazed and finally a third coat floored me. My lashes touch my brow bone, the volume is great without looking too fake, and the separation provided by the rubber bristled brush made my lashes look fluttery (and they were SUPPLE. not cakey, flakey, or stiff!). I didn't curl my lashes today, so I can't speak to it's ability to hold a curl--I can say that it provides a slight curl though! The formula itself is a nice "natural" black, not too wet or dry. I'd gladly pay $18 per tube of this stuff every three months. We'll see if it lasts that long. Packaging is cute but cumbersome, however if it bothers you that much it doesn't take much force to take it off of the plain tube. Will update in a bit to discuss the product's shelf life. *Update* Just disposed of my first tube and purchased another. Dried only SLIGHTLYafter 3 mos.. Great product all around, shelf life included. For those of you looking for a more "dramatic" looooooooong lash look, use a couple coats of LCL and top it with some Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes (another fantastic, albeit more pricey product. see my review). WOW!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially I was liking this mascara well enough. Not HG material mind you (I'm almost convinced that HG mascara just doesn't exist for me) but it did it's job nicely. The mascara lengthens decently, adds a good amount of volume and doesn't present much problems concerning clumping.

The problems is that the tried and true test with my lashes (short, straight, Asian) is whether the mascara can hold the curl well. This product only does a so, so job of that. The other problem is that there is slight smudging on the outer lower corner of my eyes by the end of the day.

However, the big clincher that made up my mind not to rebuy was that after only a month the mascara seems to have dried up and now application is damn near impossible. It's tacky and rough looking and I'm definately not happy with this mascara anymore. Blech!

Oh and ps, I really HATE the packaging on it. I know some ppl love that whole purple tarte look but I find the leather holder to be really bulky and burdensome. I ripped it off, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by captainvegetable02

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've finally found my HG mascara! I couldn't even begin to name all the mascaras I've tried over the years, and I finally have one that I can't find anything to complain about. My lashes are very long but not especially thick - I do have a lot of them but they're somewhat fine textured. So with most mascaras, the best I can usually get is a long feathery lash look, which is nice but if I try to put on enough coats to get decent volume I get HORRIBLE clumping. Lights, Camera, Lashes! gives me AMAZING volume and I never have problems with it clumping...quite the opposite, actually. I simply adore the rubber-bristled brush, it seperates and defines my lashes and it isn't too big so I don't end up with smudges trying to apply it. I can just keep adding coats to my heart's desire and I never get clumps. It does give some length too but doesn't have any fibers or special lengthening properties, with I like since I don't need any length added and lengthening mascaras usually give me weird little clumps on the end of individual lashes that I have to pick off. So to sum it all up, this mascara is fantastic and I can't find anything wrong with it - I even think the packaging is really cute and I find the price to be reasonable.