Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/14/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Personally, I LOVE this mascara. I too got it in the Sephora lash sampler, and so far it's the only one I've really liked. The best thing, as others have noted, is the wand - it has really stiff bristles that are just the right length, and I found it applied the product very thickly and evenly with just a few strokes, which was nice. Because of the stiff bristles, it didn't clump at all. The mascara lengthened my lashes dramatically and was also easy to remove, which is always a plus. I don't/wouldn't normally pay around $20 for mascara, but I think sometime I will splurge on this one, because it's actually worth it.

on 12/30/2008 5:15:00 PM

I received a sample through my tarte order. All mascaras I've tried has clumped or look spidery. My left eye has a bunch of lashes in the middle that always clumps. To my surprise tarte's mascara did not clump it at all. What I got were just thicker, longer, separated lashes. It does weigh my curled lashes down but can just redo after dried.

Sometimes the companies narrow the tube so you don't have to wipe off excess mascara yourself. That never was true in my experience until Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes. Very nice.

I'm not sure if I'd pay almost $20.00 for mascara though. I'm just hoping for another sample tube.

on 12/30/2008 1:13:00 AM

Love this stuff!! I bought the Sephora Lash Stash sampler with 10 different brands, and have tried most of the other dept store brands too. The wand is the best out there. I have pretty good lashes and this stuff thickens lengthens and defines without clumpiness. Best eyelash definition product I've ever used. I used to layer Clinique tube formula with Chanel over the top. My 14 yo daughter rated this one the best too. Stay away from the waterproof though

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Background: I have long, straight lashes. Ok the brush in and of itself is one of the best mascara wands/brushes I've ever used. Unfortunately the mascara itself has major problems. The product is "heavy" and after curling my lashes, this immediately made them stick straight again. Also, this made my lashes look rough and spidery, and not like lashes at all. It didn't produce the normal bad-mascara-tarantula lashes, but little ugly house spider legs lashes. Stange. The spider lashes can be avoided by rubbing most of the product off before applying. I wouldn't say this is horrible though, I had no real expectations, all it really did was provided an extra coating on my already black lashes. I does leave lashes soft though. Not worth buying (ever), but if it's a Sephora freebie you might as well pick it up for emergencies.

NOTE: Even if you don't use the sample, keep the wand, clean it, and use it for applying other (better) mascaras.

on 12/11/2008 2:19:00 AM

I was really surprised by how much I liked this mascara. I think 'Tarte' and I think...cheekstain stuff. But this one came in the old Sephora Lash Stash (the first one) and I tried it and wow, looooove this. I've since bought the full size. The brush is great, lots of coverage, volume, you name it. This has become a staple!!!
Update- I've been using this for over 6 mos now and yes, I still love it. I just started using it over Shiseido mascara base and BAM! Glam, gorgeous, long lashes of my dreams...
I love mascara in general, wear it everyday. The others I tend to use regularly are Diorshow and MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash w/p. This is one of my top 3. I like the smell of it (lol) and the packaging too!

on 12/11/2008 2:16:00 AM

The best mascara that I have found. It does clump if you go overboard. MUCH better than the waterproof version.

on 12/9/2008 4:14:00 PM

I got this in a sample size with my Lash Stash from Sephora and it is probably one of my favourite mascaras out of all of them. I really like the way it lengthens and volumises my lashes. They can sometimes turn out a little spidery but that can be remedied. There is no clumping and my lashes don't stick together. The brush is very long so it covers all my lashes in one swoop and I like the small, tightly packed bristles.

on 12/7/2008 1:46:00 AM

100% clump free no matter what you do
very flaky
does not hold curl well
little to none on volume and lengthening
some eye irritation

on 12/6/2008 12:13:00 AM

I have a small sample that I used and I may have to give this another try for a few days. I tried it today and just really didint care for it. It was not bad, but now wow either.
One thing I can say is that my lashes were left soft and not crispy, which I like. But it didnt do anything special. I applied one coat. Maybe I will try a few more coats next time and see if I like it better.

*EDIT* Tried it again and its official. I hate it. It makes my eyes look weird. Like baby spider lady. Not huge and bold, but just spidery and weird. Is spidery a word? LOL. You get my point though. I won't use this again even though there's a ton left in my sample size. I wish all my mascaras left my lashes as soft as this one. But if you look like spider woman who cares how soft they are?

on 12/1/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this! It may be my new daily mascara. I haven't purchased a full-size tube yet (I'm using the sample size that came in the Sephora Lash Stash) but I will. It strikes the perfect balance between volume and length. And it has staying power! My fiancee and I went out of town for a long weekend and I didn't want to shower Sat afternoon because we were going hiking in the a.m., and to my surprise what I'd applied Fri morning still looked quite presentable on Sat morning (despite time in a hot tub the night prior)! Definitely a keeper!