October 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jbugaj17

I really liked this mascara. I gave short, thin eyelashes. This mascara coats the lash very easily and adds volume and tons of length. You can achieve a more subtle look with one or two coats of this mascara or a more dramatic-no clump look, which I love, with three of fours coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is the trademark Tarte packaging, which I find a bit gimicky and could do without, but that's really all the negatives I have about this mascara.

The formula goes on beautifully and legthens and volumises just the right amount without clumping my lashes together. It gives me lovely long, defined, stiletto lashes. I get tons of compliments every time I wear it. It's a nice dark black too. Washes off easily when I'm ready but stays all day without smudging and clumping.

My favorite every-day mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by princess_jess73

I have gotten this twice as samples and will definately purchase full size full price. I have a severe problem with eye irritation with most mascaras. This one definately does not irritate at all. I have long lashes anyway but this is awesome. I never have a problem with flaking ever with this even after my 18hr application. Yes, 18hrs. I love it. Great color satuaration and full lengthy lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by enialennyl

The worst clumps! Would not buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't crazy about this product, a couple of my friends had been raving about how it made their lashes look like falsies and I just found that for me although it added considerable length, it also looked quite clumpy.(and I don't apply very much, either). If it wasn't for the price I would probably give it another try, but alas it's not cheap either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jostman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously - who came up with this packaging? In spite of its big, gaudy, purple faux-leather exterior, the product inside is pretty darn impressive. I'm a true mascara critic - as picky as they come - and I've come to regard Lights, Camera, Lashes as one of the better ones out there. Good consistency (i.e., not "goopy"), low (but not altogether non-existent) clump-factor, non-flaking, and long-lasting... lengthens lashes nicely... washes of fairly easily. This is good, dependable mascara. I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by victoriatheslutbag

I love this mascara! i have tried just about every high end mascara out there (prescriptives false lashes, dior show, too-faced lash injection, etc) and this has by far been my favorite. i have very long thick lashes naturally but i like to play them up as much as i can. It thickens, darkens, lengthens and separates and is very easy to apply. You dont have to wipe most of the product off of the brush. I use this mascara over my shiseido mascara base and i always get lash compliments. For me it lasts all day and still looks awesome by the end of it without smuging or flaking. Curl holds well too. Definetly recomended. However i do find the packaging incredibly tacky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I've liked everything I've tried from Tarte - except this. I was a little hesitant getting it on the looks of the tube itself. Besides looking tacky, it is bulky to handle. After reading the reviews here and talking to a couple people who liked it, I gave it it a try. Sadly, it irritates my eyes almost immediately upon application. It also flakes and my eyes look like there is a grey shadow around them after several hours, so it does not hold up though out my long days. I've tried drugstore mascaras for a third of the price that hold up better than this stuff does. A big disappointment ...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Veromusic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a problem with impulse buying whenever I walk into Sephora. I justify my purchases by comparison shopping and trying to find the best quality for my money, but that's just an excuse. So even though I went to get a new eyelash curler, and I have a Fresh Supernova mascara that is only one month old, I grabbed a full size Tarte mascara on my way to the register. I've tried smaller sizes before as part of their We Wish line and Pret-A-Porter, but you know how those little tubes dry out before you can get a good impression. When I got home, I removed my eye makeup, used my new curler (shu uemera) and Fresh Supernova on one eye, and Tarte Lights Camera Lashes without curling first on the other eye. Tarte wins! It's incredible! Amazing curl action, separation, lengthening, color, and at least $7 cheaper than some other anti-climactic products out there. I hope it doesn't dry out as fast as Fresh does. I took off one lippie for the packaging, which while I like shiny purple things, came unglued when I opened the mascara for the first time. It's manageable though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by SEESHELLS78

I have very thin short lashes, and I was looking for a mascara that thickens, lengthens, and is very black. This does a great job, and will probably be replacing my Armani Maestro mascara, as the Tarte one is cheaper and lasts longer. It has amazing separation and the packaging is cute.