August 21, 2014 | 2093 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by SEESHELLS78

I have very thin short lashes, and I was looking for a mascara that thickens, lengthens, and is very black. This does a great job, and will probably be replacing my Armani Maestro mascara, as the Tarte one is cheaper and lasts longer. It has amazing separation and the packaging is cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a decent mascara. It adds some length and some volume. It didn't hold a curl unless I used Shiseido primer. It was a nice dark black. Occasionally, you need to wipe the wand to get rid of clumpy build up. Lasts all day with no flaking issues or smudging. Nice overall, but his mascara just isn't as good as Loreal Lash Out so I won't repurchase after I finish the tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara. I love Tarte products..have never been dissatisfied but and the mascara packaging is uber cute. But.....this stuff was the usual blah mascara. Weighed down my lashes, didn't hold a curl, smudged & flaked. Ugh..the only reason I would repurchase is for the cute mascara tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. I inherited the good-eyelash gene so it doesn't take a lot to make my lashes pop, but I've tried a lot of mascaras and this one manages to look natural and dramatic all at the same time. The tube is adorable and the brush is the best I've found. The mascara itself is very black, doesn't smudge or clump, lengthens and thickens and doesn't leave my lashes at all brittle. I'll buy this over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by unlined_paper

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few mascaras I've bought more than once ( the others being Lancome and Benefit) and it's the best mascara I've ever used. It thickens a lot, it lengthens nicley, it curls well, but I wouldn't mind more, and I've never had and problems with it flaking off. I have super sensitive eyes, and it hasn't bothered me yet. It works fast, so your not up in the morning for 20 minutes putting on mascara. And what I like best, is that is doesn't make my eyelashes hard. They stay soft, even after I tried putting on many, many, many coats. Over all, and awesome buy for sure!

Update: I have noticed some inconsistencies from tube to tube. Most have worked great, but one or two have been gloopy messes, so I had to exhchange them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is gorgeous!!! This does everything that is says...it lenghtens, defines, and volumizes. I applied almost 4 coats to see if it clumped and it didn't! It doesn't weigh down my lashes at all and it holds the curl. The packaging is cute, but does take a little getting used to when you're applying it since it's a little bulky. I will definitely get another when I run out of this. *EDIT* I will not repurchase this mascara because it dried out within a month!!! I hate mascaras that do this. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

This is a pretty good mascara. I use a primer first and it makes even my sparse strait lashes look long and it separates nicely too, no clumping! The color is very black and a little glossy too. I like the packaging though I know a lot of people don't. This is one of my new faves and I have tried a bunch of mascaras!! It thickens, lengthens, lasts all day, and holds a curl BUT only when used with a primer. It leaves little clumps of mascara on the lashes though, very tiny ones that can not be combed out. I think I am going to keep looking since it is not totally perfect, but for now this is the best. EDIT: Just deleted my previous edit. This had starting flaking on me, but I realized that if I clean the brush off about once a week it takes care of that problem. It still leaves little balls of mascara on the lashes though... YSL is better, but also $10 more expensive!! I think I will throw mine away but keep the amazing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by energeticsusie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!!! I love this for an everyday great thick not quite as showy as Like Diorshow etc. The brush COMpletely grips the lashes and deposits major product as well as coming through and completely separating for NO clumps. I too got this as a sample and I went out and bought the full size yesterday. The full size packaging is really unique it is covered in a snakeskin leather outer layer. CUTE! Sometimes I use this OVER another super thick mascara to deposit a little more and to fan out and separate the lashes for the final touch. Expensive - 18 usd
So so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sobenk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best mascara ever to get the false lashes look! I was using Hypnose Mascara from Lancome and I was not that happy with it, and then I got offered this mascara as a gift from Sephora and i fell head over heels with it. I will buy it for sure in my next trip to the US.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging on this mascara is cheap and tacky (mine actually slide off to reveal a CHEAP mascara tube. At first I really liked this mascara a lot and used it nearly every day. It gave me thick lashes without clumps or flaking. However, after about 4 weeks of use the mascara started to dry up and thus FLAKE off my eyelashes by the end of the day. I'd rather purchase a drugstore mascara for half the price if it is only going to last me 4 weeks.