TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 4/14/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this spray before I blow dry my hair. I haven't really noticed a great difference on days that I forget to spray but I think overall it is helping to keep my hair from being completely dried out and damaged. The spray nozzle is amazing for a pump nozzle....it sprays like an aerosol can. The scent is yummy too although it does wear out fast. One bottle seems to last a long time too. I use mine almost every day and have had it for 3 months now.

on 4/14/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love! I ran out of my more pricey heat protector and decided to try this one. Sprays out nice and even. No greasyness at all. Has the better cones for protection, without the build up. Will be buying from now on.

Not tested on Animals also!

on 4/13/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used this before flat ironing and was pretty disappointed. I would not recommend using this for heat protection. First of all, I put on a decent amount of product, which was difficult because it came out in a stream, rather than a mist...? No way to adjust the sprayer that I can tell. Then, as I was flat ironing on the second to hottest setting, I noticed that I had short hairs on top of my head, apparently from breakage. To be fair, I had a color correction a couple of months ago where they had to bleach the color out, so my hair is damaged, but I don't think this product offered any protection whatsoever.

on 4/12/2010 3:42:00 AM

Why buy this again? Oh yeah. It's super easy to apply evenly (the mist is very fine and easy to control), smells fresh and girly, and gives my straight hair some extra shine and smoothness despite daily blowouts.

on 4/10/2010 10:57:00 PM

It smells decent and I love the spray nozzle. Sometimes though I felt it didn't really protect my hair.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't actually own this product, but I was out of town for spring break with some people and my sister uses this in her hair. We all were trying out each others stuff, which is fun because you get to try new things!

My sister and I have completely different hair. Her hair is really long and very straight, fine in texture, but lots of it. It is also very soft and shiny and easily manageable. My hair is very curly, very dry and tends to be very frizzy and MUST be styled or I look like a wet dog! Also, she is a cheap-o when it comes to hair stuff, and I spend a lot of money on salon products because it's hard for me to find things that really work and I've wasted a lot of money just trying things from the drug store. For this reason I never really take her considerations for hair product very seriously because her hair is naturally beautiful and manageable and I feel like she can use any kind of junk and it looks good.

She has told me a few times that she swears by this stuff. I, myself, have been pretty loyal to my Beyond the Zone turn up the heat, but it didn't make it into my bag.

Like I said, I have very curly hair, but I blow dry it with a defuser everyday, and blow dry my bangs with a round brush. (sometimes I will also hit them with the flat iron). I sprayed this product on just the front section and blew them out - and I was shocked! It was so smooth and effortless. I didn't feel the need to flat iron my bangs, is was so smooth and frizz free! I used this for the duration of our trip and decided that I will buy this when I run out of my BtZ Turn up the heat because I think this actually gives me better results.

I also like the packaging better. The handle/trigger on the tresemme one is easier to hold and spray with one hand. TUtH it kinda of awkward to use one handed, especially if you are trying to get the back/under layers because of the shape (I am really small, and have small hands, maybe the makes a difference?) It can also leave the hair a little greasy feeling/looking if you use too much. That didn't happen at all with the tresemme - I didn't use it long enough to see if in the long therm is prevents damage, but I really didn't see any issues/difference in the condition of my hair, which is a good sign.

Price wise, the tresemme is just a little bit cheaper, but I think I need to use more product then Turn Up the Heat, so I'd say the two are pretty much the same price point, which sort of surprised me.

Long story short, I like it!

I have gone through numerous bottles of this stuff and it is AWESOME! The price is so good and even with daily use it lasts a few months. It really protects my hair, even though I flat iron it almost every day I never get any split ends. I only use it about halfway down my hair and not close to the roots. I definitely recommend this-especially for the price! Smells good too!

on 4/6/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I wasn’t sure about this product so I waited to see the difference in my hair. I am almost out of the product. I think it is a good hair protecting spray. Maybe is not the best one but for the price which is I think about 3 to 4 dollars I think is great. What I like about this product is that doesn’t live any residue in my hair. Trust me I have very oily scalp so I am really aware of products that live residue. This is not greasy or anything like that. I definitely would recommend this product. Just to add to the review I think the packaging is great I like that is a long and kind skinny bottle but can be difficult to travel with this kind a bottle.

on 4/3/2010 9:55:00 PM

Well this is a great product and let me tell you it works.It is a bit expensive for a drugstore product but it is worth it. I'm a bit iffy about the packaging because when ever i spray the nozzle the top starts to twirl off but its totally worth it I've seen major improvement to my ends and my hair feels a lot healthier. So if you don't have this yet you should totally get it.

on 3/25/2010 3:18:00 AM

Super cheap, smells great and works wonders for something that seems so insignificant. I have super long hair and I blow dry during the winters to not get sick... which in turn - damages the crap out of my hair...

A few spritzes of this stuff, and my hair does not pouf up like a lion, I don't have the frizzies, and I avoid looking unkempt when using it. I wait until my hair has dried to a slightly damp consistency [more on the dry side, I use the microfiber towels] and then re-hydrate the hair with this stuff...

Since it is a trigger spray bottle, it's semi-difficult to get at the right angles to spray the entire lengths of my hair while bent upside down, making sure I get even coverage throughout my hair. No bueno. Otherwise, I'm in love w/ this cheapo product. =D

Popular Styling Products