July 23, 2014 | 1563 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by anniee19

I have only been using this for about a week, but I absolutly love it! My face feels so soft when I use this in combination with Imperialis moisturized. It is not at all drying, and I love the texture for light exfoliating.
The packaging takes some getting used to, but is definitly worth it for the product inside!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I initially found this crumbly and hard to work with until I got the hang ot it. Worried a bit at first that this would hurt my mature/combo/sensitive skin but I am only using it a couple of times a week. First I use Ultrabland, and follow with this and a soothing mask. I have tried formulating this product from my own kitchen with ground almonds, green clay, glycerin, rosewater, a drop of lavender oil and a few drops of Burt's Repair Serum with good effect, since there is no Lush store in my town. But it is not quite as good as the Lush version. Highly recommend. I also use Retin A and this helps with the flakies without hurting my skin - so long as I don't go over 2X per week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would love Angels on Bare Skin if it wasn't such a pain to use. It smells nice, exfloliates (I wouldn't really consider this a cleanser) and leaves my skin looking and feeling great. It is full of amazing fresh ingredients and it really does make your skin softer. Here is the ingredient list: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume.
The downsides... 1)Those amazing fresh ingredients mean that this product has a shelf life of a pitiful three months. If you're like me and you have multiple skincare products that you like to switch around or rotate, this could be a problem. 2)You have to scoop a little bit out, place it on the palm of your hand, add a little water, and then mix it up into the right consistency. Okay, once you get the hang of it, it's easy, but it takes a lot more time and effort than just squeezing a tube. 3)I would only use this in the shower because I'd always get little pieces stuck in my hairline. It can get messy.. 4)The first ingredient is ground almonds, which could be too harsh of an exfoliant for someone with sensitive skin.
I won't be repurchasing AOBS because I've found Kiss My Face's Organic Jojoba & Mint Facial Scrub, which is very comparable to the good points of AOBS (makes skin feel softer and smoother, exfoliates gently, smells good, natural ingredients). It also has natural preservatives - a much longer shelf life, and it comes in a squeeze tube. Check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Taramae80

I love this product and I am hard to please. This is really the only Lush product I would buy again. I love the smell and texture of this product. Yes, you do have to use this in the shower, perhaps before you wash your hair. My skin was left very soft and rejuvenated after each use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST. I use this on my sensitive, middle-aged skin twice a day, in the morning and at night (I know it's supposed to be used only a few times a week, but this is what works best for my skin). It gently exfoliates and cleans without freaking my skin out. It's truly my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

LOVE that this is one of the few products that actually makes a really noticeable difference to my skin - it really gives my skin a dewy, radiant glow with regular use. Love the way it has no nasty chemicals in it.

HATE the impracticality of it. Its really messy to use and I always end up with bits of lavendar and clay gunk stuck in my hairline - I recommend only using it in the shower. Its shelf life is very limited, it hates the heat and doesnt react well to getting any water in it (need to use a dry spoon to "serve" it). Packaging is useless, but that's to be expected with LUSH so I just transfer it to a jar.

I see this more as a gentle scrub, rather than a cleanser. I would never make this one of my staples due to its impracticality, but i still love the results and go back to it every now and then.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

I have a love-hate relationship with Angels on Bare Skin.
LOVE:
1.) the exfoliating-smooth texture
2.) how soft it makes my skin feel
3.) how well it cleans and renews my skin
4.) how a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time
HATE:
1.) the packaging
2.) the mess I make when applying
(think liquid running down your arms).
3. it can be a little rough on the skin
(it depends on how gentle you apply it).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have slightly oily skin, and this seemed to leave a film on my skin and did not leave it feeling clean. Lush has recently printed a chart in their Spring 2008 catelog which matches skin products to skin types, and Angels is definitely not recommended for oily skin, but rather is more for drier skin types. Wish I had that chart before I purchased. It may be a 5-lippie product for the right skin type, but not for mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

AOBS.. My Love.. I use this in the mornings as a gentle scrub although i did use it morning and night until id ecided to incorporate OCM in my routine so i only use this in the morning! I love the smell of this, the gentle exfoliation, and yes it is a bit messy as you have to scoop a fingertip-full (if that makes sense) and mash it into your palm with *2 drops* of warm water along with your already wet palm to get a mushy paste. then i re scrape some on my fingertip and gently apply on face in a circular motion (face must be damp when doing this otherwise AOBS will fall off). once all is on face i rub my palms together to spread whatever was left of AOBS on my hands and using my fingers i scrub my face with circular motions and spread AOBS around. then wash off with *warm* water. Also what i do, and i feel helps immensely is that i wash my face with warm/hot water BEFORE going on to apply AOBS.. this opens up the pores. and then wash off with warm/hot water again and just before i reach for the towel splash with cold water to close the pores. i proceed with using either witch hazel toner or hydrating mist toner by trilogy (rose, lavender, geranium waters).. and then follow with moisturizer :) Aobs does not strip your skin and it doesnt give u that dry feeling that most cleansers give u right after u wipe your face with the towel. :) i must admit that AOBS feels like a treat when i use it and look forward in using it every day! beware, dont let water get into its tub as the whole thing will go mushy.. with that said dont store it in the shower ..! Also one more tip, when purchasing your tub of AOBS, if you happen to also have a little sample tub from LUSH, store your AOBS in there and use from little tub so if accidents like *water getting into the tub* dont affect the whole product. also it keeps the product in the big tub fresh and clean. hope that made sense! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing so many great reviews of AOBS I decided to give it a try on my sensitive skin and have never looked back.The smell can be a little overpowering but the results are worth it!I love how the lavender is a gentle exfoliator and it leaves my skin clean,fresh and silky smooth...
The packaging is a bit annoying but i'd rather a plastic tub than a heap of overpackaging....if only more comapny's would take this route we wouldn't end up in such an environmental packaging diaster.
I find.due to be skin being so sensitive, that it works best for me to just use it once every few days as opposed to a daily cleanser.And also use it in the shower because it can be a bit of a pain to get off!but def one of LUSH's HG products..