LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 11/9/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have super sensitive skin. I tried this product after a friend recommended it for a break out. It seems to cleanse, tone and calm my skin. Since I've been using it for a year now, my skin is pretty flawless. Because it's a fresh product, I just buy about $13 worth of cleanser and it lasts me about 3 months (Which is the shelf life of the product). I normally use it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I don't feel that the price is high at all when I consider that it's about $4.33 a month. While I hate the smell of lavender (which is what this product smells like), I've gotten used to it with AOBB. And because of the wonderful results with my skin, this is my holy grail cleanser. It's a bit tricky to use at first. You need to wet your face and take a pea sized amount, and then get that wet and rub it between your hands and then rub it on your face.

on 11/8/2008 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like Lush because there's so much to chose from and the whole natural/organic company philosophy is great.

I was looking to try something new for fun and the SA suggested Angels on Bare Skin. I like that you can buy as much or little as you like and they'll put it in a plastic container with a label that looks like it came from a deli.

The mixture was kind of annoying trying to get it into a paste and it broke me out. It smells pleasant but left a thin residue.

I took it back to the store and the cashier said that AOBS is really more for normal skin. I have combination/oily/sometimes sensitive so not sure why they recommended it in the first place.

on 11/8/2008 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this cleanser years ago, but didn't think much of it, but I recently got a tub free with a recent purchase so I have given it another go. I am glad I did as this is a little gem of a cleanser. The SA advised me to use much more then a pea-sized amount, and it actually works better. My skin feels really soft, clean but not stripped, and because of its light, exfoliating quality, leaves my skin much smoother. It rinses clean as well, leaving no residue on the skin. Has a rather pleasant smell too. This is an unusual cleanser in the sense of how you break a bit off and make into a paste with water, but if you do not mind that it is worth it. Overall a good quality natural cleanser that is quite inexpensive.

on 11/2/2008 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like Angels on Bare Skin, as it's a great gentle exfoliator. It's not the easiest product to use, but I find the results well worth it. I use it in the morning when I don't need to remove any oil or product but when my skin needs polishing/brightening. After use, my skin glows & my makeup goes on much more smoothly. Although I have very sensitive skin, I have had no reactions to this product & have had excellent results from Lush skincare overall. I'm already on my second tub of AOBS; this is a definite HG for me.

Note: It is really important to use clean dry hands when removing the product from the packaging as there are no preservatives in AOBS, and it will mold if water is added to the product. Also, Lush recommends using the product completely within 3 months of first use.

on 10/27/2008 1:50:00 PM

Unfortunately, I don't really like this product. For me, it had no cleansing properties whatsoever. The consistency wasn't really enough to exfoliate my skin. It didn't do anything for me, and I still had to follow up with another cleanser.

on 10/27/2008 12:59:00 PM

I use this as an exfoliator several times a week, not as a cleanser. Most products adverstised as "scrubs" are just way too harsh; this is gentle and still effective.
I mix this with a pump of gel-type cleanser (P. Choice) and a little water; this creates the ideal consistency. It is a little too dry/crumbly when mixed with just water; the gel cleanser gives it a nice paste-like texture that is easy to work with.
I use this in the shower, as it can be messy (like any scrub).

It's not a miracle product, but it lovely to use (I like the smell and texture), and it exfoliates skin gently without irritation.

on 10/22/2008 1:55:00 PM

I just didnt care for this-Im not exactly won over by LUSH products anyway-expensive and just advertise "natural ingredients" thrown together and nothing has been really amazing-I purchased this, Not crazy about the packaging its like clay stuffed in a plastic bin-and the texture is okay-but using it can get messy and I dont think this is a cleanser but more of an "after cleansing exfoliator"
I dont know-you can try and many people love it but I just did not notice one thing to make me want to try this again. I had better results using sugar as an exfoliator!
No more Lush products for me!

on 10/19/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

a cleanser?! i don't think so. for me, using AOBS doesn't really remove anything makeup-wise, and all i am attempting to remove is non-waterproof mascara and some concealer. i can't imagine how anyone could actually use this as a cleanser, because although it gently exfoliates, it certainly doesn't 'cleanse' anything. so although i would *never* use this in hopes of it removing makeup, oil, or just the regular accumulation of a day's grime, i do like it for gentle exfoliation and a kind of skin massage. the way i've been using it is by first washing with Coal Face (which i LOOOOOVE, and which removes makeup and grime without even slightly drying out my normal/very slightly combo skin), rinsing that off, and then kind of massaging this into my skin before rinsing again. my second pet peeve with this product (first being that it's NOT a cleanser imo) is how difficult it is to use. taking the recommended 'pea sized amount' in my palm and wetting it slightly to mix it up did absolutely nothing, and i found for it to work at all i need more like 3 pea sized amounts. you put this in your palm, add a tiny bit of water and then rub, and it turns from a paste into a milky, watery puddle with what looks like chunky oatmeal in the center. it never becomes the kind of 'paste' that you could actually easily and evenly apply to your skin and then rub in. so what you're doing is rubbing your skin with crumbly beige specks and milky water. ok, whatever, it's a nice gentle way of exfoliating for the cooler months when harsh scrubs irritate dry skin. but what i can NOT understand is how anyone who is acne-prone could ever use this! when you rinse it leaves a very noticeable film of oil on your skin that doesn't wash off, and while i myself am not acne-prone and this so far hasn't done anything negative to my skin, it still doesn't feel clean when i'm done rinsing. after drying, your face does feel nice and soft and smooth, probably from the exfoliation and the natural oils your skin is wearing, and while this is ok for people who aren't acne/clog/breakout prone, i can't imagine it working for anyone who is. for me, i got this as a sample and even after all the negatives i've stated, i do kinda like it, but it's nothing i would splurge on or couldn't live without. i'll use up my sample, and wouldn't mind eventually coming across another sample, but won't purchase. continued >>

on 10/17/2008 2:55:00 PM

I was a little disappointed with this. I find this much harder to make into a paste than Herbalism. I much prefer herbalism over this because of that fact. I find this to be crumbly and kind of stiff. It's hard to explain. I also feel like I have a coating of grease on my face after I use it. It hasn't made me break out or anything but it's not easy to use.

on 10/16/2008 2:07:00 PM

AOBS is a great product - I use this in the morning, not to remove makeup (ultrabland and a wet flannel is best for this), but to cleanse and gently exfoliate. I have learnt over the years what products 'manage' my skin as I don't fancy the drugs and ointments my doctors prescribed. The secret for me is 'natural' products and mineral makeup (has anti inflammatory properties so I don't need to take antibiotics!). Skin (like hair) needs a break. By using different products every few months rather than sticking to the same one I avoid the sensitization describe by my co-MUA-ers. If you like this, try Burt Bees and Dr. Hauschka cleanser and rotate them.