Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This creme is very thick, I out it on and I can still feel it on my hands and it's not very absorbable. Also I think the smell it terrible.

on 3/30/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

very moisturizing
best for use in rough spots like feet, elbows, knees...its very very thick so its hard to spread over the whole body and will feel sticky after you put it on.so its best to apply at night ..overall i really like this creme is great for my dry skin and smells soft and feminine..definitely would buy again

on 3/29/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought the small tin for $0.99 at a duane reade. i really did not like the smell but this stuff works wonders on my hands. i have a mild case of eczema and this stuff really moisturizes. it takes a while to rub this stuff in, but it worked really on my hands that i bought the bigger tub. i ONLY use this on my hands and no where else.

on 3/29/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

During the winter, I notice I have severe dry patches on my face so I went on a quest to search for another moisturizer that could be a solution. After many reviews and countless hour searching, I gave up until I went to walgreens one day to get a replacement for Queen Helene Mint
Julep Mask. I was looking around and found this "Nivea Creme". I looked at it and decided to buy it because it was A. Its like a sample size, B. Price was cheap ($0.99), C. Impulse Buy. I purchase it with the mask and the other version which is Nivea Soft Creme (same price) . This was great in hydrating my face and hands. Since its geeting warmer, I been using the Soft version since its not that heavy on my face. I LOVE it since its in travel size,it ACTUALLY works and the price. The only thing I hate about it was the packaging. I wish it had a screw top like the Soft but it doesn't so I don't feel like its secure at all. So I do is throw it in a small sandwich bag and in it goes into my purse. I will always buy this!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Keeps the wrinkles away girls. This is a super rich moisturizer that keeps skin smooth. Use sparingly though, tends to be a bit greasy if you use too much and may cause break outs otherwise it's an amazing beauty standard. great price too!

on 3/24/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This saved my skin this winter.
I’ve never thought about putting Nivea crème on my skin before. I have oily skin and I always thought that it would be heavy, greasy and break me out. However, this winter has been unusually harsh and cold weather in combination with central heating really dried out my skin so much that Chanel Hydramax+ serum didn’t help anymore. My skin looked horrible – at the same time oily and extremely flakey and so in a moment of desperation I decided to try a small amount of Nivea crème.
I have to mention that I use the German version of this crème and the moment I put it on, my skin appeared incredibly soft, with much less flakines. Since the next day I didn’t notice any breakouts, I’ve decided to continue using it. I’ve been using it for a month and my skin never seemed better.
The cream is not light but neither is very heavy. If you apply it the right way, it isn’t greasy at all.
The best way to apply it is to take whatever amount you think necessary and warm it up between your palms for several seconds and then gently and slowly tap it all over your face. You must tap it until most of the cream “sinks in” and then it won’t feel greasy at all.
I do not recommend rubing it straight onto the skin, because it won’t spread properly and you’ll just tug skin while trying to spread the cream.
So far I haven’t notice any breakouts and the dehydration has completely disappeared.
It also works great as a body moisturizer, but even then I recommend to warm up a necessary amount of cream between your palms before putting it on your skin.
For hygienic reasons I'm not particulary fond of the tin packaging, although it looks vintage, but there is also the tube version of the creme.
Now that I’ve finally found it, I won’t stop using it. I think German version is worth trying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been an avid user of creme de la mer for the last 5 years and absolutely love it as I've very dry sensitive skin and no moisturizer up until finding la mer would soothe and keep my skin moisturised all day. I even got my mum onto la mer and now she is a fanatic about it like me! I ran out of my la mer a few days ago and as I have to travel an hour to the nearest store that sells it and my car was in the garage I panicked and was going to buy a pot of celestial from Lush which is an Ok cream for sensitive skin which I sometimes use when I can't get my La Mer for a few days. Well I'm so glad I didn't, My boyfriends got a small pot of Nivea which he uses when his lips get chapped and after reading up if its ok for sensitive skin and checking the ingriedients I couldn't believe it when I came across all the reviews comparing it to La Mer. I must say I was shocked when I opened my blokes Pot of Nivea and it looks near enough the same as La mer. So now I've been using it for 3 days and am waiting for something bad to happen to my skin but I've got to praise this cream as I'ts fantastic! I cant believe how moisturizing it is and I only need to apply twice a day. I apply it as I do La Mer, Warm cream between your fingers then pat onto your face in a tapping motion. I'm not sure if I can quite give up La mer as it is a fantastic cream and whenever I've tried giving it up for a while to try a cheaper cream my skin has always suffered looking less than healthy and dull, But I'm so impressed by Nivea and the fact the ingredients are so similar to La Mer but so unbelievably cheap I might just be a convert to the little blue pot from Being a lover of La Mers little pot of gold!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Let me first say that I LOVE the scent of Nivea Creme. It reminds me of a scent an older woman might wear. It makes me feel sophisticated and it blends really well with my perfume.

I really hate how greasy this stuff is. In the winter it doesn't bother me, but in the summer I feel like I'm suffocating. I used to figure that for how greasy it is, it must provide the best moisture. Lately though, it just hasn't been doing the job. My elbows are like crocodiles and my legs like sandpaper.

I'll still buy this every once in a while for the classic scent and the sheen it gives my legs, but my hands feel greasy just thinking about it.

on 2/28/2010 3:38:00 PM

I purchased the 6.8-oz tub at Walmart for less than $7 including tax. Not sure what I was thinking when I purchased this, I think they didn't have the Soft one on the shelf nor the small 1-oz tin ones. This is very moisturizing, but it has mineral oil, which I don't find a problem in cosmetics, but in skin care, it seems to make me break out. I like to put this around the lower cheek area b/c that's where it's most dry and feels dry when I try to smile after washing my face & applying toner. At first, it was very moisturizing and seems to make my skin look better, but after a while, it made my pores bigger and actually gave me a few little bumpy pimples below my cheekbones. I was planning to use this as an eye cream, but now I'm not so sure I even want to keep the product. I've never used this all over the face b/c I have an oily t-zone, but I don't think I plan to do that any time soon. Maybe all I'll use it for cuticles or something, but I probably will give it to my friend or sell it on a blog sale or something, since I've barely used up the top layer.

on 2/28/2010 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This creme is way too thick and greasy for me. It smells good but is a little too heavily scented.