October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

I find this product pretty much useless.
It's too heavy and greasy for face or body, too oily for elbows and knees, and strangely enough, makes me itchy because my skin can't breathe. I have a huge tin of it and am presently hating the space it takes up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by cejohnson28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a moisturizer for my neck only. Even at age 57 it's a little too heavy for a facial moisturizer. I'm getting a few wrinkles in my neck and between cleansing with Albolene, RoC Intensive Night Wrinkle Repair and Nivea Creme.... I'm holding off Father Time for a bit. I tried Revlon Eterna 27 but it caused quite a bit of irritation on my neck.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would purchase this product again becaue it is not too expensive, and moisturizes acceptably.

FIRST, I'm reviewing the European formulation (Germany). I do not use this on my face (& wouldn't ever), because it is so moisturizing (I'm partly oily) & SCENTED. The heavy scent - old fashioned 'lotion' scent - is quite strong & a negative for me. Luckily, it doesnt linger on the skin - but is quite evident upon application.
The formula is a VERY thick cream (one you can scoop up on a finger & hold upside down w/o it falling off)...and it leaves skin with a slightly oily looking sheen that soaks in within 10 minutes. After that, the skin looks & feels moisturized, but is not 'transfer-onto-your-clothes' greasy. On my VERY dry skin - the good moisturized feel doesnt last all day. [If you need last-all-day moisture, I suggest Eucerin lotion].

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great product! i use the clinique 3 step system,and am very happy with it, my skin has never been so clear and happy. HOWEVER, the weather here in italy is rather bad,cold and windy and terrible on my skin. My DDMG and my clinique moisture on-call isn't quite up to the job. I'm a working student,so my budget was already stretched by my clinique stuff which is VERY expensive here in italy, and I didn't want to spend more money.. soooo...I reached for a tub of nivea. I was very nervous at first because it's sooo thick I was sure it would break me out but...SUPRISE!!no break outs, no clogged pores,just lovely soft skin, so flakies,no nothing!!I'm soo happy that I found this stuff!!It is a little thick so you really must spread it well and use very little, but on really cold days I can use it under make up and I don't get oily or greasy at all..on the whole..try it, it's really cheap and if you don't like it on your face, it's really good hand cream too!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a little tub to carry with me on the plane during a recent long-haul flight. As my skin gets very dry in the cabin air, I thought Nivea would be a good moisturiser and plus its travel-friendly container and size made it easy for bringing on board. No issues with customs whatsoever. After washing my hands, I would apply this liberally on my hands and neck, and I did this a few times during the flight. When I arrived at my hotel, I was shocked to find rashes- red and painful and itchy all over my arms. Nivea Creme was the only thing I'd used on my skin that day, so it couldn't have been anything else (I don't have food allergies either so I ruled that out). I stopped using it immediately and the rashes went away. Two days ago I tried using this again and the same thing happened. In the bin it went. I'm not sure exactly which ingredient it is in this but I definitely will not be using it again. Extremely cheap and convenient product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried both the German (without preservatives@ local beauty supply store) and Mexican version (most drugstores carry this version). Both creams are very thick but IMO, the Mexican one is a tad easier to blend. The German verison also has an expiration date of 12M, whereas the Mexican version doesn't state a use by date. Other than that, I don't notice a significant difference in the 2 versions. I've only used it on my body so I don't know if either would clog my pores or benefit the skin on my face. It does take a while to work this cream into your skin. As others have suggested, after shower/bath, pat skin dry, (IME, best applied without any water droplets left on skin) rub cream between your hands in circular motion for about 10-15 seconds to warm and 'liquify" and start working it into your skin. It does take some patience so I only use this cream @ night (also I find it too heavy for day wear). My skin is soooo soft in the morning! For your reference, I have eczema prone skin and moisturizing regularly and using right products have kept my eczema at bay for the past few years. Granted, I've only been using Nivea Cream for the past month; however, it hasn't caused me any problems. Some reviewers have complained about the scent but I actually like it, something between the cross of flowers and baby powder. It does fade after awhile so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone who dislike the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ne14sumfun

This is a great hand cream! It's a great moisturizer during the winter and I am a fan of the packaging. Plus it's cheap and ultra portable. Tube creams might squeeze out in your bag but this is secure in its tin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by AnnieJQ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was my mother who first introduced me to the iconic Nivea creme. After having previously used Jonhson's baby cream to moisturise, Nivea converted me. I have now been using it for a couple of years. The most cost-effective purchase is the larger container- trust me, this stuff lasts for ages. You only need to apply a little before you go to bed, and after you've woken to achieve the best results. The thick white creme has a pleasant smell. The simple but recognisable sea blue packaging of the creme has an easy-screw lid, which remains secure at all times. Another bonus, is that for what it is, and the amount of time that it lasts, this moiosturiser is incredibly cheap! It can be used anywhere on your body; your arms, legs, face, neck, even lips! My only criticism of the creme is that it is incredibly greasy on the skin. However saying that, you don't need to apply much, and in the morning your skin is super-soft. Occassionally I get very dry and itchy eyelids, but a smear of the creme is all that I need to smooth out the skin by morning, with no irritations, unlike other creams. In my morning application, I tend to use a little less, just to reduce the shine and glossiness that could remain on my face. Overall, this is an excellent product that I would recommend to all!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: There are many who love this. It is very moisturizing, but...

CONS: I can't get past the smell. It's so, so perfumey to me. Those who don't like to contaminate the product with their fingers won't like that it's in a jar.

ALTERNATES: There are other rich creams out there like Cetaphil cream and Tree Hut body butters/balms and Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have both the German and the Swedish version, not much difference. Honestly I loved them because it is very rich and very beneficial for those Midwestern winters. I have tried the Mexican version and it is a lighter version of the European version. Not bad, just different. I prefer the thicker consistency while my mother likes the thinner consistency. I will gladly pay the 20 bucks for the European version because it is worth it and it last longer.